Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

Episode 1:

"Back in the Saddle"

The roommates arrive in Biloxi, Miss. for another crazy vacation and quickly realize they're a Li'l Bit short of eight people but the party must go on, especially for Daddy, who pursues two of his roommates.

Airs February 26, 2015.

Since they seem to be using the same house, I won't be surprised if they have the same jobs.

I have to find the ratings for the new cast, I'm curious to see how they hold up against this cast's ratings for seasons 1 &2.

Did anyone see the fox walk by in the yard when Daddy and Murray were talking on the porch?

No totally missed that.

I know it was all producer driven but man seeing Tiffany loose her mind over the new girl was too much.   Guess she wasn't ready to share Ryan & Walt!

And Murray is a walking time bomb for heart disease.  Yikes, overweight, drinking heavily and smoking.  Not a recipie for long term good health and he has a young son to think about.   Sad in a way. 

Murray's plaintive plea, "Does ANYone remember Georgiaaaaaaa?!!!!!!" is just about the funniest, and smartest thing, ever said on any season of PDS.  

Beyond the natural cattiness one should expect when a sweet new thaaaang is introduced to a group, there really is just an instinctive wisdom to tearing down the newbie.  Guys do it in their own ways, too.  Hannah seems to be especially savvy and strong.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.  I sure hope the hints in the reviews of a showmance are misdirections. 

So, no job for them this season?  Anyone know?

I'm sure they'll have a job, but we may not see it until episode 2 or 3 so they can introduce Hott Dogg and the drama that comes with her. I won't be surprised if they work at the same place as last season's crew.

Episode 2:

"Battle of the Buns"

Walt and Daddy continue to compete for Hott Dogg's attention; a surprise marriage proposal ends badly and two roommates shock the house when they end up in bed together.

Airs March 5, 2015.

Did anyone see the fox walk by in the yard when Daddy and Murray were talking on the porch?

I saw it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fox, though. Just a random cat-which makes sense in their rural setting.

(edited)

Glad Little Bit is gone. Since the TV thing didn't work out, perhaps she's pursuing a second career option - getting pregnant and hitching herself to a wannabe country music singer.

Walt seems to have come out of his shell. Not sure I like it. Over-the-top horniness, vomiting and sharting in a cab...not a good look.

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the aggressive sexual pursuit of Hott Dog (or however she spells her nickname). Maybe it's all for the cameras, but two guys constantly salivating and propositioning her is uncouth. Even for a show about drunken rednecks.

Does anyone know how old these people are? Daddy is older than the others, right?

Remember how heavily they featured Lyle in season 1? Now he's more in the background. I wonder if he's always so drunk that he barely functions. I did laugh when he slapped Daddy's dinner plate onto the floor, because Daddy worked so hard to figure out those confangled microwave buttons.

Murray's one-liners are still hilarious. He and Walt know how to form full sentences.

There was definitely a fox in last night's episode.

Edited by pasdetrois

Walt seems to have come out of his shell. Not sure I like it. Over-the-top horniness, vomiting and sharting in a cab...not a good look.

I liked Walt last season but this season he looks so dumpy to me.  Maybe it's the semi-shaggy beard, the uncut hair and the SAME damn clothes day after day.  And yeah I'm not digging his actions this season either.

I've moved on to liking Murray the most.  He seems laid back and like he's just there to have a good time. 

I do wish they would have brought in a roommate that wasn't already a friend of someone in the house.

• Love 1

Does anyone know how old these people are? Daddy is older than the others, right?

Remember how heavily they featured Lyle in season 1? Now he's more in the background. I wonder if he's always so drunk that he barely functions. I did laugh when he slapped Daddy's dinner plate onto the floor, because Daddy worked so hard to figure out those confangled microwave buttons.

I believe Daddy is in his mid 30s, maybe 35 so yes he is older than the others as they all seem to be in mid to late 20s.    Well I think Lauren is still young, like 22.

This is just a guess but Lyle's screen time could be in direct relation to his problems back home in Lafayette where he seems to keep getting arrested.  CMT and the producers might not want him to be the "lead" character anymore so that's why its been mainly the Daddy show the last two seasons.

Last night was kind of annoying. How many times are Daddy and Walt going to comment on Hot Dog's looks/ass or how much they want to bang her? And how many times do we have to hear about how badly Daddy wants to bang Tiffany, after he's three sheets to the wind? It was an hour of just that!

I told ya'll I saw a fox!

I saw the fox this time too! I missed it last time because I watched while cooking. LOL

So Daddy wants Tiffany when wasted or when Hott Dogg is paying attention to Walt…oh this will end well.

Hott Dogg seems like Mattie-lite; she looks similar, acts similar, but isn't as fun so far. And what was up with her clowning the other roommates on being sloppy when she couldn't keep up? Of course you're not to' up from the flo' up, you had three drinks, tops!

• Love 1

Murray has his penis pierced??? Ewww. I use to think Walt was the most attractive guy on the show but he really has been acting sloppy so far. I hope he "wins" Hott Dogg though, I don't know what girls see in Daddy.

• Love 1

I am so conflicted!  Breaking out Murray's cock ring for the faux Daddy engagement proposal is either the sickest, or most inspired, thing I've seen in many moons.  Definitely an ultimate PDS moment.

It's sad that TPTB have been much more likely to show actual puke.  

Daddy really does have a silver tongue.  It's too bad he's just a drunk.  If he ever gets sober, he just might make sumthin of hisself.

Well, I got my answer about a job.  They have a beach club job just like the other cast.  I saw Maddie and Hannah working as they were discussing Hannah's "giblets" on the after talk show.

I'm starting to get a real sexual predator vibe from 'Daddy'.  It seems like the past couple years of semi-famous drunkenness has made him believe that he just needs to point out his favorite parts of a girl to get her interested in him.  

I agree with others that Walt has gone from respectable to sloppy this season.  

Episode 3:

"29 Going on Thirsty"

Things get wild on Boudreaux's birthday including his cake crash landing in the pool, Lyle making out with a lobster and Hott Dogg waking up in someone else's bed.

Airs March 12, 2015.

Sigh. Another good reality show ruined. The series has clearly entered heavily scripted territory and each character is playing a role. They've switched out Lyle the Angry Drunk and Martha, and now the series is featuring Daddy the Endless Drunk Who Sexually Harasses Women (do they think we think he's attractive, because to me he's pathetic); Tiffany the Bossy Scold; and Walt the Frat Boy. With a heavy dose of Hott Dogg the New Girl as Sexy Victim. We have useless Lauren in the background, with her ridiculous extensions, and Murray desperate for camera time.

The after-talk show is even worse. Is Mattie auditioning for a TV show?

I grew up in southern LA and MS and I loved these characters when they were allowed to be their natural selves. Now they're all desperate to capitalize on their 15 minutes of fame.

I think the CMT bios were written a while ago, when season 1 premiered. If that's true, Daddy is about 35 friggin' years old. And Murray right behind him.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

I used to be cool.  Now I'm a bitch.  I don't know what the hell happened." - Daddy

Hall of fame quote and wisdom right there.  Profoundly sad, too.

Where the heck has Martha been?  Hott Dogg must be some kind of Svengali to her.

Can you imagine the size of the tab for Lyle's birthday brunch?  

Pretty weak that the only storyline for Lauren is bad driving, and we get that on the talk show.

Lauren has no right to judge Hott Dogg if she hooked up with Daddy. Yall are right her character brings absolutely nothing to the show.

Can anyone explain Tiffanys accent to me? Is that a normal country accent for girls from Louisiana? The whole first season I didn't even believe she was southern. Where I'm from southern girls talk like Lil Bit.

Tiffany has the classic southwestern Louisiana accent. My cousins sound just like her.  It has a Cajun influence. You get way back in the Cajun parishes and you'll hear it. Wasn't Lil Bit originally from SC?

Edited by pasdetrois

I miss lil Bit.  Hot Dogg seems alright, I'm just bored with everyone talking about her.

Shew not me....that girl brought too much drama to the house.

I wish they would have brought in a new person that none of them already knew.  I think it would have been a better dynamic with the group.

Tiffany has the classic southwestern Louisiana accent. My cousins sound just like her.  It has a Cajun influence. You get way back in the Cajun parishes and you'll hear it. Wasn't Lil Bit originally from SC?

Being from south Louisiana can be confusing to those that aren't use to the way we talk.   I from the New Orleans area and have a mixture accent of some cajun and almost like I'm from Brooklyn.  When I go north and tell folks I'm from the south, they look at me like I'm lying as they expect a classic southern accent.   When I hear Tiffany talk, it is indeed very classic cajun as the area she if from is still very, very cajun.  Lauren, on the other hand is from an area just north of there and that part of Louisiana has more of a classic southern accent. 

Casting Hannah (a.k.a. Hott Dogg) was one of the lamest decisions ever for this show. I wonder if Lil Bit not signing her contract and refusing to return really did come down to the last minute and the casting directors really did just ask for friend nominations due to time limitations, or what.

Yes, we hear you, horny men in the house -- Hott Dogg looks great. But a good looking Mattie Jr. only adds the "who is going to hit that first" drama (which has already been resolved, allegedly) and little else. Even the boss' daughter from the last cast there in Mississippi would have been more interesting (Brittany? I can't remember her name.).  

I think Lil Bit was from NC but now lives in TN. (I'm in SC now and pretty sure she wasn't from here.)

Episode 4:

"Spilling, Spelling, and Spaghetti"

Tiffany and Lauren get upset with Hannah after she doused them with soda; Daddy comes to her rescue and gets her out of the line of fire; Hannah cooks her signature spaghetti for family dinner.

Airs March 19, 2015.

Maddie getting all excited 'bout fishin' and kissin' a crab was endearing.  She really is a simple country girl at heart.

How on earth does that beach club make any money?  We never see more than a handful of customers, or anyone else for that matter, even on the beach.  Good on Maddie for being happy in her work.  I'm not liking the real hannah who is coming out bit by bit.  

Did anyone see an "after" shot of the pool?  Or was it closed down by the Board of Health?

Ugh, they are all "acting." Tiffany's endless screaming and stomping and getting in people's faces is very tiresome. Tired and nauseous - is she pregnant? I ask in part because on the after show she was heavier and kind of hiding her belly.

Back to the acting. I can see Mattie standing just beyond camera range, then entering the "scene," flopping down on the porch furniture, hiding her face, and squeezing out a few tears because she's so "upset that her housemates are arguing." She is trying hard for Hollywood.

Daddy's drunken soliloquies about aliens and such are hilarious. Except that I'm pretty sure he earnestly believes the random stuff that comes out of his mouth. Scary.

Walt is much better when he's back in his role as Greek chorus. And so is Murray, whom I suspect has a pretty decent brain.

I was actually gagging during all the pool scenes.

Edited by pasdetrois

Walt's imitation of "not mad Tiffany"???  Oh Lord.

"Ahm nawt mad!  Ahm nawt mad Doddy!!  I really dont cah!"

It's now Saturday, and I am still rewinding and laughing my ass of at it!  And then "Words of Wisdom" from Baboso to Mattie?  The crew is most definitely putting valium in Lyle's beer this go around.  He is making Forrest Gump sound like an auctioneer.

• Love 2

Episode 5:

"Gettin' On and Goin' Off"

Daddy has issues with almost everyone in the house; Tiffany, Lauren and Hannah have a girl's day at a nail salon; Walt and Murray fire the first shots in a prank war against Hott Dogg.

Airs March 26, 2015.

"Doddy"really has an issue with alcohol. At one point everyone was occupied with their group activity and Daddy was just alone on the porch with his Beerzooka. Wow, that scene really hit me hard with how bad it is.

I liked the Mattie and Lyle stuff!!

I loved seeing Walt and Murray sitting there hoping to see Hot Dogg explode.  Then, allllll the air came out of them as they realized she wasn't taking their bait.  Bless their hearts.

I was most grateful to see the moment where Daddy went into his alcoholic shell and drank alone rather than heading out for some mindless fun.  He really is a tragic waste.

Hannah deserves any and all scorn she got.  She was warned it would lead to major house issues and she has seen as clear as can be what a loser Daddy is, but she persists in forcing some kind of romance.  They were jerks to her in the beginning, but her choices now are all on her.  So, too, the consequences.

I was fine with Tiff and company enjoying a lunch on Daddy.  I am not fine that they ordered way more than they could eat in one sitting.

Episode 6:

"Between a Hott Dogg and a Hard Place"

Lyle and Mattie come to terms with their late-night make-out session; Daddy makes a quick buck at a kooky country bar, then struggles to get Hott Dogg into bed.

Airs April 2, 2015.

The East German judge gave Daddy a 9.2, but he didn't make the medal round.  

They tried to give Laurin some relevance with her two friends visiting and yet again, el nothing from her.  

What's up with the pool?  Did TPTB just decide not to make it swimmable?  

So what did we learn this episode?

Lauren is boring no matter who is around.

Hurricane Martha makes no sense (but we knew that already). I did love Walt looking forward to breakfast the next day.

Hott Dogg can't STFU about an irrelevant chick she doesn't even know.

And apparently Daddy has a chronic case of whiskey dick.

Yippee?

• Love 3

The East German judge gave Daddy a 9.2, but he didn't make the medal round.  

They tried to give Laurin some relevance with her two friends visiting and yet again, el nothing from her.  

What's up with the pool?  Did TPTB just decide not to make it swimmable?

The pool definitely is still cloudy. I loved the Mattie scenes. As always.

It's fascinating and tragic tv watching this mid thirties guy pull a Leaving Las Vegas.  It's even more fascinating watching Hot Dog decide to hitch her wagon to that (does that make her Elisabeth Shue?).  It took him all of 30 minutes to get kicked out the bar for being too drunk which has to be some sort of record.

I'd probably watch a show of Murray and Walt drinking beer and working on carpentry jobs.

Episode 7:

"Some Type O' Way"

After surviving another round of Hurricane Martha, the roommates recognize that Hott Dogg might have feelings for Daddy. They hope to get through to him before it's too late.

Airs April 9, 2015.