Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Don't Tell Jeffrey!

• Start Topic

Not sure if anyone here is familiar with London Chef Yotam Ottolenghi, but just google his recipes, and I think you'll DIE over his food.  It's very similar to Ina, it's very simple, fresh recipes with incredible flavor.  I'm excited about his new cookbook, I've linked it below.  My sister has been raving about his lentils recipe and a few others (it was released earlier in Europe).

Ottolenghi Cookbook

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I love Ina and would love some new episodes. This goes for all the cooking shows. Why do they keep showing programming from years ago? New from Valerie too please.  Even holiday shows, I look to see if it's new material and it's old recorded footage from 2018 or something. Food Network continues to give us hours and hours of either Pioneer Woman or Guy Fieri. I like Chopped and some of the other competition cooking shows but miss the cooking shows from years past shown on the weekends. Why can't we get some new faces too? And The Kitchen is terrible. I can't stomach most of the co-hosts.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I love Ina and would love some new episodes. This goes for all the cooking shows. Why do they keep showing programming from years ago? New from Valerie too please.  Even holiday shows, I look to see if it's new material and it's old recorded footage from 2018 or something. Food Network continues to give us hours and hours of either Pioneer Woman or Guy Fieri. I like Chopped and some of the other competition cooking shows but miss the cooking shows from years past shown on the weekends. Why can't we get some new faces too? And The Kitchen is terrible. I can't stomach most of the co-hosts.

I think a lot of production was shut down over the past year due to the pandemic.  I'd love to see more new shows too.  I can't stand Pioneer Woman (the food she makes, anyway).

• Love 2

Ina usually does new shows when she puts out a new cookbook, which has been every 2 years. She put out a new cookbook last year, so I wouldn't expect new shows this year. But maybe with things opening up, she'll shoot some new ones.

• Useful 1

I'd be happy with reruns starting from her first season. I love her style and learned how to set a more relaxed, serene table, and how to arrange same-color-but-different-flowers arrangements, etc. Just the other day I remembered the woman who designed & planted Ina's big garden, & wondered what she's doing now. 

• Love 2
On 10/11/2018 at 10:49 AM, larapu2000 said:

Not sure if anyone here is familiar with London Chef Yotam Ottolenghi, but just google his recipes, and I think you'll DIE over his food.  It's very similar to Ina, it's very simple, fresh recipes with incredible flavor.  I'm excited about his new cookbook, I've linked it below.  My sister has been raving about his lentils recipe and a few others (it was released earlier in Europe).

Ottolenghi Cookbook

Coming to this thread late, but Ottolenghi is a genius, and I've cooked some of his recipes.  And I ate in one of his London restaurants twice, on two UK trips.  Wow.

• Useful 2

Helllooooooo??? Anybody out there?

I was just perusing somebody's site ramblings re: Ina's best recipes (in her opinion) where about 7 recipes were listed. And it made me realize that of all the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks I own (almost all of them), I only use maybe one or two recipes (except for Back to Basics where I use a number of  them) out of each book. I think I like her style (e.g , flower arrangements, cloth napkin treatment, herb garden, etc) more than a lot of her recipes. Too many recipes with booze in them (the latest book)...I like a touch of wine in my foods but she really gets into adding too much of the heavy stuff (IMO that distorts the flavor of foods).  Ina is still the culinary queen, in my book!