Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: A Wedding

Tara Ariano

also, when did Klaine have time to book a trip that she could cancel?

Give me two minutes with a decent cell connection and I could have anybody on earth booked for a tour of Irish castles or whatever else they might want. They did many wrong things here, but booking travel in minutes is just an app away.

• Love 1

Give me two minutes with a decent cell connection and I could have anybody on earth booked for a tour of Irish castles or whatever else they might want. They did many wrong things here, but booking travel in minutes is just an app away.

Valid point!  I guess I could have gone for more of the "how could they arrange their busy (?) work schedules to plan a trip already", "how could they afford to book a honeymoon already" or "how could Sue possibly know about and be able to cancel" said plans, but....Glee.

Valid point!  I guess I could have gone for more of the "how could they arrange their busy (?) work schedules to plan a trip already", "how could they afford to book a honeymoon already" or "how could Sue possibly know about and be able to cancel" said plans, but....Glee.

They're teaching show choir in Ohio. They can't possibly be busy. Rachel won't even let Kurt do anything when she's away. Warblers never seemed to care about faculty enough that we even knew they had an adult in charge of them until Blaine got the job (highly suspect, but rolling with it). They could run off to Cabo for a month and almost nobody would notice. Rachel might need to be told how awesome she is, but surely we could outsource that to Sam given he's the current sucker dating her. 

• Love 3

God forbid Brittana are allowed to get an episode about them without bloody Klaine muscling in.

And now that Sanatna is gone for good, and Klaine are married, does that mean we are going to have to suffer Sam and Rachel for the last few eps?

AAARRRRGGGGHHH!

• Love 2

So Klaine is married now and the only thing I can think about is that they argued over towels for three hours and never resolved that. They are not fit to get married and also there is no way Kurt would ever get married in a barn, without choosing all the wedding outfits and color coordinating the whole day himself. I mourn for Kurt, I really do. It feels just like after Blaine cheated and Kurt had to be mute for a whole season, while Blaine got to whine about his broken heart in five billion songs. Now Kurt is just a puppet on a string again with no backbone or personality left.

Also I am not easily offended but pushing Samchel with the whole "Everyone has dead spouses and they moved on so you should too lol!" made me want to vomit hard. It's barely been a year in Glee time, Rachel is allowed to still be grieving and being unsure if she is ready yet, you don't need to push her.

• Love 7

So I watched the Tike proposal and the Tartie scene at the end. And as a Tina stan and a Tike shipper I'm actually okay with the way it played out. I never wanted them to get married or back together now. To me they're still in love and I see a future for them. I think they will get back together eventually.

This might be my dirty mind, but when Tina said they had reconnected I totally assumed they've been having sex!

I liked the Tartie scene at the end. Which is surprising given I can't stand Artie. It was really sweet. My only bug about was it comes after basically two seasons of Tina being patronised and condescended to by Artie, Sam and Blaine. So what should be a sweet scene between two old friends looks like Tina being condescended to again.

• Love 3

I laughed at the ridiculousness in between groaning in pain at the stupidity and the Klaine propping.

If a ship is good you don't have the sell the audience that hard on it. (Samchel and Klaine)

The best thing about the episode for me was hearing Artie and Mercedes having a duet.

The weddings meant little to me as I think Britney comes across as having severe mental issues and Klaine has so many issues that they never address or resolve to endear them to me. I don't care that either are married. Meh.

Edited by wayne67

I was pretty annoyed at Santana completely dismissing Brittany not wanting to see each other in their dresses. Was she over doing the bad luck stuff, is it a silly old fashioned tradition? Yes of course it is, but how hard is it to just let her have that one thing? What kind of marriage will they have if she just dismisses Brittany because Santana knows best?

Why was Will in the wedding? It's not like he was close to Brittany or Santana? Why was puck not in the wedding, Sam and Artie were so it's not like it's a issue of Puck being an ex.

My favorite moments of the show were the looks of confusion then excitement on Rachel and Tinas faces when they saw Kurt and Blaine walk down the aisle and the sweet look Kurt and Rachel gave each other when they got down the aisle. Even if I don't like Samchel I thought the little moment between Carole and Rachel across the dance floor and Burt cutting in to dance with Rachel were sweet.

• Love 1

So this is a small thing but during I'm So Excited I kept noticing that Mercedes was wearing sneakers with her dress while the rest were in heels, except for Brittany who possibly had cowboy boots, all I could think of was sooo I'm guessing she couldn't do the choreography in heels?  They just really stood out to me for some reason.  

So now that I've seen Blaine's mom and having met Blaine's brother, I feel a little sorry for the guy. He probably doesn't even know he's showboating, since he's always been the understated one in the family.

The ep felt a little disjointed and a lot of the stuff that was meant to be funny really....wasn't. But it was nice focusing on characters other than Rachel for a change.

Jenna was great this episode, I loved with Mike and Artie. Great cast chemistry all around, it's nice to see some of that again in this last (crappy) season.

Edited by KatWay

The camera angles during the scene where the girls invite Kurt and Blaine to join them in getting married really gave the impression of Kurt being trapped and cornered and in a state of panic over being pushed to get married on the spot.  He looked nearly manic as he was looking for any possible excuse to refuse and got stymied at every turn. When he turned to Blaine, apparently looking for him to be the voice of reason (silly boy... does he know who he was talking to?), he was sunk.  

The whole thing felt like "Quick, let's get Kurt married before he changes his mind again!"

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 7

I was pretty annoyed at Santana completely dismissing Brittany not wanting to see each other in their dresses. Was she over doing the bad luck stuff, is it a silly old fashioned tradition?

Yes of course it is, but how hard is it to just let

her have that one thing? What kind of marriage

will they have if she just dismisses Brittany

because Santana knows best?

Why was Will in the wedding? It's not like he was close to Brittany or Santana? Why was puck not in the wedding, Sam and Artie were so it's not like it's a issue of Puck being an ex.

My favorite moments of the show were the looks of confusion then excitement on Rachel

and Tinas faces when they saw Kurt and Blaine

walk down the aisle and the sweet look Kurt and

Rachel gave each other when they got down the

aisle. Even if I don't like Samchel I thought thelittle moment between Carole and Rachel

across the dance floor and Burt cutting in to

dance with Rachel were sweet.

They kind of established in " What The World Needs Now" that all of those characters would be in the wedding party. I just go with it because this is " Glee."

I loved Will's facial expressions, though.

Will has always looked at Santana and Brittany like that. Matt plays it like he loves that ship, which I love. I'm pretty sure there's a gifset on tumblr of him smiling like a loon anytime they're being lovey.

• Love 4

Will has always looked at Santana and Brittany like that. Matt plays it like he loves that ship, which I love. I'm pretty sure there's a gifset on tumblr of him smiling like a loon anytime

they're being lovey.

He did an interview after " The Break-Up" where he said that Brittany/Santana's split made him the saddest.

• Love 4

I haven't watched this show in a long, long time, and I don't understand why Ryan Murphy is so convinced that the person you're with in high school is supposed to be your soulmate, and I also totally didn't cry when Santana and Abuela reconciled, and anyone who tells you I did is lying.

• Love 3

Watching this episode made me feel much better about how Wemma was handled. Their pre wedding drama about the Best man /Bride kiss, Emma bolting , reconssiation of Wemma and the lingering Will/Finn feud was played out over five Episodes; Diva, I Do, Girls ( and boys on Film), feud and sweet dreams. Emma and Will had great individual focus at several points over this time. I was so annoyed at the thought that they didn't get a big " wedding episode" that I forget what the screen time of those actually mostly involves and Wemma got it all anyway, it was just spread out more.

Edited by Pink ranger

So this is a small thing but during I'm So Excited I kept noticing that Mercedes was wearing sneakers with her dress while the rest were in heels, except for Brittany who possibly had cowboy boots, all I could think of was sooo I'm guessing she couldn't do the choreography in heels?  They just really stood out to me for some reason.  

Amber had a messed-up ankle during the filming of this episode. 

He thanks the couples for being brave and honest "and showing all of us that love and marriage is so much bigger than we thought it could be. And also so much simpler." Goddammit, Glee.

This.

• Love 1
Even if I don't like Samchel I thought the little moment between Carole and Rachel across the dance floor and Burt cutting in to dance with Rachel were sweet.

I thought on its own it was a sweet moment.  i think having Mercedes, once again, be Sam/Rachel's biggest cheerleader/relationship counselor as a set up for Rachel/Carole moment was both unnecessary and cringeworthy.  I also really didn't like Sam dancing with Carole even though it makes sense that they switched partners, mainly because it just felt like more of the Sam=Finn lite stuff.  

I am glad that Rachel is moving forward.  I just hate that they used Sam to tell that story and in doing so came across like they were replacing Finn with Sam as well as completely downplaying the Sam/Mercedes relationship.  If they were hell bent on the Rachel/Sam route this year there were ways to do it without doing ether one of those things.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 4

Just watched I'm So Excited. How do you get that many talented women and end up with that much of a train wreck?

At some level, this show has always hated women. That's how.

I say congrats to the writers, who must have collected a nice paycheck for sitting down to word process. I used to watch Glee. Stopped a while ago. Curiousity had me watching this one, and I can't explain why.

Actually.. that's not a Ryan thing, that is mostly when a tv show starts in high school, you have to have these characters end up with each other for the most part. And considering I watch a lot of shows that started in high school, it happens on a LOT of my shows.  

This is very true. The problem of course is in the crappy way RIB have written them even given that framework, and the thousand or so times they used the word "endgame", "soulmate", now OTP - the endless meta - to say what they're doing, lest the viewers decide to think otherwise. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I thought on its own it was a sweet moment.  i think having Mercedes, once again, be Sam/Rachel's biggest cheerleader/relationship counselor as a set up for Rachel/Carole moment was both unnecessary and cringeworthy.  

I agree, to a point.  It was a valid question, and a set-up for a nice character moment.  But, I think the way Mercedes was so pointed and almost annoyed about it, rather than just any of them going "Hey, I thought you and Sam were going together.  Why aren't you sitting together?" was clunky and too specifically cheerleadery.  But I liked Rachel's explanation of trying to respect Carole, and not wanting to shove her new romance in Carole's face.

• Love 1

Loved "At Last".  Loved Mike Chang.

The rest of this was so bad it hurt.  GAH.

I wish I could look away from the rest of this, but unfortunately I'll hang in to the bitter end.  And then take a shower.  Many, many showers.

• Love 2

Did I see that Santana and Brittany have a months honeymoon in the Bahamas? How are they suppose to afford that? Or was it a gift?

It was a gift from Sue.  I don't know how she could afford that since high school principal isn't exactly a high paying job, but at least it's a job, which is more than Santana and Brittany,

I agree, to a point.  It was a valid question, and a set-up for a nice character moment.  But, I think the way Mercedes was so pointed and almost annoyed about it, rather than just any of them going "Hey, I thought you and Sam were going together.  Why aren't you sitting together?" was clunky and too specifically cheerleadery.  But I liked Rachel's explanation of trying to respect Carole, and not wanting to shove her new romance in Carole's face.

I thought that scene came out a little forced.  I've never been at a wedding where there were assigned seats for the actual ceremony.  I've never even seen assigned seats at the reception, it is always just people being assigned to a table, then pick their own seats there.  It would have been totally normal for Rachel and Sam to be at the same table.

I did think it was nice to show Rachel feeling guilty about what Carole would think though.

Edited by KaveDweller

I can't even hate watch the show any more without getting nauseous. The sad thing is, I can't tell if the show is *trying* to be a caricature of its former self with some sort of self-satire, or not. Regardless, the plots and characterizations are just painful to watch. I'm only watching now out of some misguided sense of loyalty to a once enjoyable show, and my OCD won't allow me stop mid season, especially after holding out for so long.

The only good parts involved Santana, and I can't stand her. Let me rephrase that: Santana's parts were good until Sue showed up at the wedding. Even the music was horrible. At this rate, I'm expecting a Klaine to divorce and get back together at least once more before the finale.

It was a gift from Sue.  I don't know how she could afford that since high school principal isn't exactly a high paying job, but at least it's a job, which is more than Santana and Brittany,

Brittany sold 2 seasons of Queso Por Dos to Univision, so I think she's doing fine.

• Love 6

I thought that scene came out a little forced.  I've never been at a wedding where there were assigned seats for the actual ceremony.  I've never even seen assigned seats at the reception, it is always just people being assigned to a table, then pick their own seats there.  It would have been totally normal for Rachel and Sam to be at the same table.

I did think it was nice to show Rachel feeling guilty about what Carole would think though.

The assigned seats were for the reception/dinner, not the ceremony (where Sam and Rachel were part of the wedding).  My sister's wedding had assigned seats for the reception, it made it easier on the servers.  And it would be normal for Rachel and Sam to be at the same table - which is why I think just asking the question of "Why aren't you?" is logical.  

Do Klaine and Brittana even like each other? That was a question on my mind throughout their bullshit double wedding. None of the participants are particularly close to the other couple. Have Blaine and Brittany ever had a conversation? Santana was a bitch to Kurt for years. Does Kurt think of Brittany as anything other than the slutty ditz she was in high school? Do Santana and Blaine have a meaningful friendship that I'm not aware of?

It all just seemed bizarre to me. Literally the only reason these two couples got married in the same ceremony was because they're both gay. Not a good enough reason, IMO.

• Love 1

Its called exposition.  They had to set up the later scene and as usual glee is clunky with that.   They do not see Mercedes being fine with Samchel as a concern so Mercedes saying that is just giving her dialog in the scene.    As weird as it is Mercedes to say it , i actually believe she would be more in-tune to it and care then either Brit or Santana.

They've shown Mercedes to be so fine with Sam and Rachel that it's starting to remind me of the episode of Friends, I think it's actually called "The One Where Ross is Fine", when he tells everyone how fine he is about Rachel and Joey.

• Love 4
Its called exposition.  They had to set up the later scene and as usual glee is clunky with that.   They do not see Mercedes being fine with Samchel as a concern so Mercedes saying that is just giving her dialog in the scene.

I know what it is called.  Still doesn't make it any less annoying and any less clunky writing.  As i said before if they were so hell bent of doing Rachel/Sam in some form this year there were better ways to do it than have Mercedes be a trope and portraying Finn as just some dude in the choir on Rachel's high school wall.  

• Love 3

I know what it is called.  Still doesn't make it any less annoying and any less clunky writing.  As i said before if they were so hell bent of doing Rachel/Sam in some form this year there were better ways to do it than have Mercedes be a trope and portraying Finn as just some dude in the choir on Rachel's high school wall.  

My comment wasn't even in response to you.  It was in general to the conversation.    

Edited by tom87

They've shown Mercedes to be so fine with Sam and Rachel that it's starting to remind me of the episode of Friends, I think it's actually called "The One Where Ross is Fine", when he tells everyone how fine he is about Rachel and Joey.

A small part of me wonders if Mercedes might have been lying about having a new boyfriend. To save face and act like she was over Sam/totally fine with him dating Rachel. That's probably not it, but it would be the ultimate way to make Mercedes the ultimate trope, sacrificing her feelings and happiness for someone else. It's probably more that the writers want to keep reminding you that if Mercedes is super fine with her ex and her friend dating an doesn't find it awkward or weird then you should be fine with it too.

Did anyone else think the subtext of Mike response to Tina's proposal was 'they're all crazy getting married this young, I'm not and I don't want you to be either.'

In my mind it was, because Michael Chang Jr. is a wise man.

• Love 2

Did anyone else think the subtext of Mike response to Tina's proposal was 'they're all crazy getting married this young, I'm not and I don't want you to be either.'

I kept waiting for him to say "How about we resume dating like normal people before getting married?"

What is up with people proposing when they aren't even in a relationship with the other person.

• Love 1
It's probably more that the writers want to keep reminding you that if Mercedes is super fine with her ex and her friend dating an doesn't find it awkward or weird then you should be fine with it too.

I would say it is mostly that.  Mercedes is cool with this so you (the audience) should be too.

I would say it is mostly that.  Mercedes is cool with this so you (the audience) should be too.

Oh yeah. It certainly is. But the thought had crossed my mind that maybe Mercedes was lying about the boyfriend.

But the fact that the show keeps feeling like they have to point out how fine Mercedes is with this relationship, just proves that the show knows it's a f'd up premise. 

• Love 5

A small part of me wonders if Mercedes might have been lying about having a new boyfriend. To save face and act like she was over Sam/totally fine with him dating Rachel. That's probably not it, but it would be the ultimate way to make Mercedes the ultimate trope, sacrificing her feelings and happiness for someone else. It's probably more that the writers want to keep reminding you that if Mercedes is super fine with her ex and her friend dating an doesn't find it awkward or weird then you should be fine with it too.

In my mind it was, because Michael Chang Jr. is a wise man.

I wondered if the boyfriend was fake too. 

Michael Chang Jr is a very wise man. 

Mike has almost always been the nicest Glee club member and  he almost always seemed to have the most common sense.  Not to mention he is so dang hot.  Sam's abs do nothing for me but Mike is yummy.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 11

Mike has almost always been the nicest Glee club member and who also has always seemed to have the most common sense.  Not to mention he is so dang hot.  Sam's abs do nothing for me but Mike is yummy.

The queue for Mike Chang's abs starts behind me and Caracas1914!