Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Dan Foley

Donny Ketchum
  • Start Topic

One more thing that struck me during his interview. Dan was excited to discuss the Will/Shirin fight. Dan claims that Shirin approached Dan about Will hoarding food and called will a fat bastard/fuck something along those times repeatedly. According to Dan, he could careless that Will might be hiding ood, Will had shared osme of it and he didn't have to, but Shirin was saying all sorts of nasty stuff about Will.

Here is my problem with Dan's version of events. Wiil and Dan are the only person who said Shirin was saying awful things about people. It is possible that the other Survivors have decided it would be bad to say bad things about Shirin and have simply kept their mouths shut and only Dan and Will are telling the truth. Except that Mike made it very clear in his podcasts that Shirin never spoke badly of other players to him. I cannot see Joe, Hali, and Jenn hanging out with Shirin if she was making derogatory remarks about anyone on a regular basis.

Second, the editors did not show Shirin in a positive light. She was shown to be annoying. She was shown poking at Joaquin. She was showing geeking out. The editors included the scenes of her being belittled and attacked but showing those scenes does not equate with Shirin having a good edit. It means that they showed how poorly she was treated by a few people.

Third, Dan points to Sierra's bonus clip saying that Shirin and Will were both responsible. The problem for Dan is that Sierra doed not explain what she means. Does she mean that Shirin was calling Will names and attacking Will or did she mean that Shirin should not have discussed the possibility that Will was hoarding food? Because the two are very different.

Finally, Tyler and Carolyn have both stated that they told Will he needed to apologize to Shirin because he crossed a line. Will agrees with Carolyn's version of things by saying that Carolyn told him to sit down and shut up and not leave her sight until the they left for tribal council. Will apologized to Mike and told Jenn that he had no hard feelings but held to his guns that what he said to Shirin was fine and true.

I get that Dan does not like how he was portrayed this season. I don't think anyone got a great portrayal in Seaon 30. Joe was great with challenges but did not play a good strategic or social game. Mike won but had planet of moments were he appeared bossy and controlling. Carolyn didn't really shine until the last three or four episodes. Tyler came off as swarmy. Shirin and Max were obnoxious. Jenn was a bit of a mean girl in some of her comments and then appeared to quit. I am trying to think of who the hero of this season was and I am drawing a blank.

There were plenty of villains. Dan was the largest but even then it wasn't much of what he was doing in terms of the game, it was his attitude towards women. He doesn't like the documented evidence that he does not treat women well. I think he really dislikes that he was not shown as a Survivor genius. He mentions the Joaquin vote out, something Mike gave him credit for. He discusses when he said something and then other people said the same thing and not him, specifically Rodney. He discusses his Survival prowess, stopping people from eating a bird that would make them sick, teaching folks how to fish, and other things.

He went out to play with an idea about how he would be edited and he is pissed that the editors/Producers saw something else. And he is more upset that the others are not backing him up.

I think Hali was the closest thing we had to a 'hero.'

Ugh, this guy is just so slimy! I've gotten to the point where I listen to just about every Survivor podcast I can at work, and just about all of Rob's, but I'm not listening to anything from this creep. Dan has joined Corinne as a Survivor I never want to hear from again, not even on RHAP.

Could Dan ever run a season of Survivor?  I would be shocked.  i.e. I think the gap between these two is huge. 

Cast gullible people then have Dan perform a magic trick. They'll think he is the god he believes he is.