Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

I received a nice Supernatural mug for participating in the costume contest. I didn't really see who won, but I was told it was the Bobby Singer look-a-like.  It was a really good resemblance.  I got out of Yes or No on the first question. I knew it was the wrong answer. I got the city right, but the state wrong. Even answering yes, I was thinking, I am sure this is Montana. I would have won if I had answered the other way. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I received a nice Supernatural mug for participating in the costume contest. I didn't really see who won, but I was told it was the Bobby Singer look-a-like.  It was a really good resemblance.  I got out of Yes or No on the first question. I knew it was the wrong answer. I got the city right, but the state wrong. Even answering yes, I was thinking, I am sure this is Montana. I would have won if I had answered the other way. 

What was your costume? 

I have played Yes/No three times. Got to the final two once, and out on the first question both other times, lol. I think they make the first question tricky like that to thin the herd. Like you, I got all the rest right and could've won. Bastards!! LOL!!!

10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

What was your costume? 

I have played Yes/No three times. Got to the final two once, and out on the first question both other times, lol. I think they make the first question tricky like that to thin the herd. Like you, I got all the rest right and could've won. Bastards!! LOL!!!

Velma from Scooby-Doo.

• Love 3

Anyone going to spnjax in Dec? I’ll be there. I’m taking my hubby for his bday weekend (even though it’s more for me than him lol). I do so hope the political rhetoric dies down by then. NONE of the candidates that any of the boys were pushing for won in the midterms. I adore Misha to death, and Cas is my fave character but sometimes I literally walk out of his panels (as I’ve seen others do) because we just can’t take the constant political barbs. I literally go to cons to escape from all that. Anyway, I thought the Js have wisely stayed out of politics publicly until recently, but I’m kind of hoping by recent events that all celebs realize they’re obviously not helping their candidates ( you too Taylor Swift) since they all lost, and just go back to talking about why we love them and are there to see them- in this case, Supernatural. Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinions thread but that’s just how I feel. It makes me cringe at cons when they bring up politics, because they alienate half the audience. So here’s to ?? Jax being politic-free! 

• Love 1

Okay so I have to fangirl a little. Back when The House With A Clock In Its Walls was premiering in theaters, Eric Kripke promised a signed copy of the SPN pilot script if you Tweeted a selfie- I think the deal was with a friend or two - from the theater. I went alone and tweeted jokingly that I hope he wouldn't punish me for not having anyone to go with. This was in my mailbox tonight.

script.jpg

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Okay so I have to fangirl a little. Back when The House With A Clock In Its Walls was premiering in theaters, Eric Kripke promised a signed copy of the SPN pilot script if you Tweeted a selfie- I think the deal was with a friend or two - from the theater. I went alone and tweeted jokingly that I hope he wouldn't punish me for not having anyone to go with. This was in my mailbox tonight.

script.jpg

HOLY SHIT! That's fucking awesome!!!!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

HOLY SHIT! That's fucking awesome!!!!

Right?! I have no idea how many he sent out, but I don't care. That's cool! It was freaky to get a big envelope from Warner Studios with Erik Kripke's name on it. :)

I am looking forward to reading through it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Right?! I have no idea how many he sent out, but I don't care. That's cool! It was freaky to get a big envelope from Warner Studios with Erik Kripke's name on it. :)

I am looking forward to reading through it.

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

• Love 3
On 11/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, S Cook Productions said:

Anyone going to spnjax in Dec? I’ll be there. I’m taking my hubby for his bday weekend (even though it’s more for me than him lol). I do so hope the political rhetoric dies down by then. NONE of the candidates that any of the boys were pushing for won in the midterms. I adore Misha to death, and Cas is my fave character but sometimes I literally walk out of his panels (as I’ve seen others do) because we just can’t take the constant political barbs. I literally go to cons to escape from all that. Anyway, I thought the Js have wisely stayed out of politics publicly until recently, but I’m kind of hoping by recent events that all celebs realize they’re obviously not helping their candidates ( you too Taylor Swift) since they all lost, and just go back to talking about why we love them and are there to see them- in this case, Supernatural. Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinions thread but that’s just how I feel. It makes me cringe at cons when they bring up politics, because they alienate half the audience. So here’s to ?? Jax being politic-free! 

I’ll just say I completely disagree with you and leave it at that.

• Love 4
On 11/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, S Cook Productions said:

I was wondering how bad Misha was going to be at the Minn Con.  He did make a few barbs, but it didn't make me walk out. Although, if he had continued, I would have walked out. I don't want to hear about politics at the cons or on the TV show.  It bothered me that it was brought up at all. I don't want to hear about their politics either. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I was wondering how bad Misha was going to be at the Minn Con.  He did make a few barbs, but it didn't make me walk out. Although, if he had continued, I would have walked out. I don't want to hear about politics at the cons or on the TV show.  It bothered me that it was brought up at all. I don't want to hear about their politics either. 

I don't mind a comment or two. I also don't mind the drive to get people registered to vote but anymore than that is a turn off to me. I've actually stopped following Misha on Twitter just because his views are so different than mine (which is fine). I just got tired of reading it.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Res said:

I don't mind a comment or two. I also don't mind the drive to get people registered to vote but anymore than that is a turn off to me. I've actually stopped following Misha on Twitter just because his views are so different than mine (which is fine). I just got tired of reading it.

IA. ??

15 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

Hey @juppschmitz and @hunenka, welcome to the board. I follow both of you on Tumblr (I'm a-jasminator on there) and was pleasantly surprised to see you here! Glad you found this forum. It's my favorite (and pretty much only) place to discuss the show with a bunch of similarly passionate people!

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I've looked long and hard for a place like this that isn't swooning over every morsel Dabb throws us (Jack! Waywards! OMG BOBBY! *insert eye roll*)

I love me my tumblr, but this place seems better suited for exchange of opinions. 

Still trying to find my way around though :)

• Love 1

I used to post at IMDb message boards which had a much larger community and could become quite raucous at times.  It's way more civil here, although I wish there were more posters.  I feel it's just a dozen or so of us. 

This is a good place.  Too bad we don't have much joy to post about.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I used to post at IMDb message boards which had a much larger community and could become quite raucous at times.  It's way more civil here, although I wish there were more posters.  I feel it's just a dozen or so of us. 

This is a good place.  Too bad we don't have much joy to post about.

The IMDB board closed down just as I discovered them. Hope this isn't a bad omen for here /o\

Even if there's not much joy to post about, believe me that this place has breathed a fresh breath into my withering interest in the show.

• Love 3

I never read Tumblr (unless someone links something interesting) but the only sites I used to read regularly before this were Caffienekitty and Gaelicspirit's reviews and I think I've seen you both at one or another of those sites.  I miss them!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

I never read Tumblr (unless someone links something interesting) but the only sites I used to read regularly before this were Caffienekitty and Gaelicspirit's reviews and I think I've seen you both at one or another of those sites.  I miss them!

I didn't know Gaelic was on tumblr, I used to know her from LiveJournal.

Loved Caffienekitty's fanfic :)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

Yeah, sometimes reading there is ill-advised, but there are exceptions and there is a lot of the pretteh.

2 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

Hey @juppschmitz and @hunenka, welcome to the board. I follow both of you on Tumblr (I'm a-jasminator on there) and was pleasantly surprised to see you here! Glad you found this forum. It's my favorite (and pretty much only) place to discuss the show with a bunch of similarly passionate people!

Thank you! I found this forum thanks to @juppschmitz (and thank you for that!). It's so nice and thought-provoking to see all the discussions going on here :)

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, hunenka said:

Thank you! I found this forum thanks to @juppschmitz (and thank you for that!). It's so nice and thought-provoking to see all the discussions going on here :)

There was a substantial span of time between the closing of the IMDb boards and my discovery of this one when my interest in the show had truly waned. It was partly because I found season 12 asinine, with its two completely separate stories that were both offensive in different ways (and neither of which involved Sam and Dean in any direct, personal capacity), but it was also because I had no one to discuss it with. This forum has definitely helped to keep my interest stoked, though the snippets/mystery of Michael!Dean have also been pretty crucial, too. 

Paula Stiles was a regular poster on IMDb and she is still doing episode recaps on her site at thesnowleopard.net, if anyone is interested in reading her sharp takes. She draws from a lot of background knowledge of history/mythology/entertainment and her perspective often lines up with a lot of ours. Her reviews of Advanced Thanatology 13.05 and Let the Good Times Roll 13.23 were some of my favorites. She's got some of season 12 and all of season 13 recapped and/or reviewed on the site.

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

[...] but it was also because I had no one to discuss it with.

I know this feeling very well. It's not just the show itself that shapes my perception and opinions on it, it's also discussion with others, getting to see their perspectives, their ideas, things that I maybe didn't notice on my own but now I'm thinking "Yes, this really works, and also this and this", or even "No, I don't think this is true, but trying to explain why has helped me realize something important about..." It can get me excited over things I might have missed entirely. I love this aspect of being a (SPN) fan :)

And yes -- Paula Stiles' recaps are one of my favorite too. As are Sheila O'Malley's recaps of older episodes (link here, but I'm sure everybody already knows her).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, juppschmitz said:

I didn't know Gaelic was on tumblr, I used to know her from LiveJournal.

Loved Caffienekitty's fanfic :)

No, I didn't see either on tumblr, just on LiveJournal.  

• Love 1

Aaargh! Why do I watch college football? Every year I say that I'm going to give it up because it's so frustrating, but my hubby sucks me back in.

And my team losing - the second year in a row, in almost exactly the same way, and in the last few minutes of the game - maybe wouldn't have been as bad if the announcers and reporters didn't make it sound like the other team pulled off some miraculous, amazing comeback against all odds... when the other team was predicted to win by like two touchdowns, and it was actually amazing our team had a chance at all. (Really, Alabama is not some underdog in need of woobifying, and our team is not some Goliath they slayed.)

I'm really gonna try harder to give it up this time, because the same scenario is likely to remain for the next few years. (That damn coach needs to retire and go away.)

Okay, sorry about that: rant over. I feel a little better now.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Aaargh! Why do I watch college football? Every year I say that I'm going to give it up because it's so frustrating, but my hubby sucks me back in.

And my team losing - the second year in a row, in almost exactly the same way, and in the last few minutes of the game - maybe wouldn't have been as bad if the announcers and reporters didn't make it sound like the other team pulled off some miraculous, amazing comeback against all odds... when the other team was predicted to win by like two touchdowns, and it was actually amazing our team had a chance at all. (Really, Alabama is not some underdog in need of woobifying, and our team is not some Goliath they slayed.)

I'm really gonna try harder to give it up this time, because the same scenario is likely to remain for the next few years. (That damn coach needs to retire and go away.)

I'm SOOOO ready for Alabama's dominance to end.  It takes the fun out of football.  

• Love 2
On 12/2/2018 at 12:53 AM, AwesomO4000 said:

Hopefully Clemson will take them down in the National Championship game!

• Love 1

I finally got off my butt and registered today but I've been lurking around for a few weeks. I will probably get shy and slink back into the bushes to lurk some more soon enough, but before I do, I just wanted to pipe up and tell you how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and theories. This is a great little corner of internet to discuss Supernatural and that is due to all the smart, enthusiastic, nice folks that contribute.

Edited by Wateroflife
Excess verbage
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Merry Christmas and I hope 2019 is a much better year!  :)

I second this and add that this past week I've repeated Bobby's phrase about "Family's supposed to make you miserable" more times than I can count so I dearly hope everyone had a much better holiday than me, especially since I despised that particular line as well as the circumstance and target of it's delivery. 

• Love 3

Coming to the end of stop 2 (of 5) of our annual 11ish day holiday tour. It's a good thing hubby and I enjoy doing road trips together. On our first two legs of our trip I knitted two scarves for presents. Maybe one of these years we'll get to have a holiday at home (it's been over 20 years now), but for now, even though we have to travel, we get to see family that way, so it's what we do...

I hope everyone had a safe holidays even if for some it wasn't always enjoyable.

On to stop #3 tomorrow morning. : )

• Love 9

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm on my last stop now of our holiday tour. For my birthday (New Year's Eve), I got some mutant nasty cold. Fortunately it didn't come into full power until late in the day so I had a good birthday anyway. I apologize to all the parents out there, but kids can be the worst... One germy six-year-old who touched everything with germy hands (and her mother who didn't keep her home, but instead insisted on taking her to visit relatives) infected 8 members of our family - more than half indirectly - including my 96 year old Grampa. This thing is some powerful-ass cold. Hubby and I got it third-hand. It must be Florida... They seem to grow some nasty bugs down there. It seems that half the time I visit down there I come back with a nasty cold. I'm trying to kill this one with zinc which is usually a successful strategy for me, so I hope it works this time, too. The car ride home won't be as much fun if I'm having to blow my nose every 5 minutes.

I hope everyone else has a healthier New Year than mine's starting off as, and if you see someone coughing or sneezing coming your way... walk very quickly in the other direction. Unless it's family in which case you'll likely get it anyway, so...

Edited by AwesomO4000
Damn typos... and I can't spell for crap either.
  • Love 5

2018 was a fairly good year for me, except I had to have eye surgery which wasn't fun at all. 

Fingers crossed we get some badass scripts and Michael Dean.  But the show seems to be doing well in the ratings so they might just continue with Soapernatural.

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy and happy 2019.  Peace on Earth Goodwill to all Men (and Women) and all that. :)

• Love 7

Been out of town, got to visit with my family, most of them.  My dad is doing so much better than when I saw him in Aug.  He gets tired easily, but he has recovered in many ways quickly from his major surgery in Aug.

So Happy New Year a little late and I hope this year brings you much laughter, joy, good health and enjoyment with friends and family.  I do love having a place to share my enjoyment about Supernatural.  I'm glad for the most part we all seem to get along even if we don't always agree.  :) 

• Love 6

I brought home a new puppy on Saturday. It's a white Labrador retriever. He's so cute and has a little boyish face. A sweet and cuddly little guy, with no name. 

I have no idea what to name him.  He's kind of the color of raw cashews. There's a yellow Lab TV dog, named 'Mr. Peanutbutter', on a Netflix cartoon series. I thought about 'Mr. Cashewbutter', but it's kind of a mouthful. 

Other than that, I got nothing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

I brought home a new puppy on Saturday. It's a white Labrador retriever. He's so cute and has a little boyish face. A sweet and cuddly little guy, with no name. 

I have no idea what to name him.  He's kind of the color of raw cashews. There's a yellow Lab TV dog, named 'Mr. Peanutbutter', on a Netflix cartoon series. I thought about 'Mr. Cashewbutter', but it's kind of a mouthful. 

Other than that, I got nothing. 

How about just Cash (short for Cashew)?

• Love 1