Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Bloody Valentine is on this morning. It makes me want to go out and eat hamburgers. 

Last couple of days have been rough.

28827756_1620598344655259_76389720125696

RIP Sabrina, my best friend for the past 16.5 years. You helped me through some very difficult times. I will miss you! Especially all the times you would yell at me to go to bed and feed you! LOL. — 

21 minutes ago, Res said:

Last couple of days have been rough.

28827756_1620598344655259_76389720125696

RIP Sabrina, my best friend for the past 16.5 years. You helped me through some very difficult times. I will miss you! Especially all the times you would yell at me to go to bed and feed you! LOL. — 

Oh no. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Oh, so sorry to hear about your cat.  She's beautiful.  I have a 16+ year old kitty cat too.  When I cry she brings me her toys.  

When I'm sad or going to bed, she just curls up on me and forces me to cuddle her. It was hard to let her go but she went from 12 lbs to 8 lbs in 6 months and everything she tried to eat, she'd throw up multiple times. Her kidneys and thyroid were shutting down even though she was still trying to fight. She always was a tough little kitty.

• Love 5

I'm so sorry for your loss, @Res. Pets really are a part of your family. You can come here and be sad with us. We'll understand.

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I have a 16+ year old kitty cat too.  When I cry she brings me her toys.

That is pretty much the cutest thing ever.

• Love 1

Lucifer must have a lot of dedicated fans.  I cannot believe his car won over Baby.  

Baby is another character alongside Dean and Sam , she even had her own episode. I didn't even know lucifer had a car.

So wrong ????

• Love 3

This has been a very hard weekend, my best friends brother is dying from complications of AIDS. We have sat in is hospital room crying, laughing and celebrating a wonderful human. I am really going to miss him. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Diane said:

This has been a very hard weekend, my best friends brother is dying from complications of AIDS. We have sat in is hospital room crying, laughing and celebrating a wonderful human. I am really going to miss him. 

What a difficult ordeal.  I'll send thoughts of comfort your way.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What a difficult ordeal.  I'll send thoughts of comfort your way.

Same here. Thoughts of comfort for you and your family.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Diane said:

Sorry to hear that Diane. Like Red and Catrox said thoughts of comfort for you, your family, your friend and their family -hugs-

19 hours ago, Diane said:

That is a very difficult thing to have to go through, Diane, but you'll look back on this time and be very glad you were there with your friend and her brother.  My condolences to all of you.

• Love 1

Thank you everyone, I went into work today for a little while and got a call that my baby brother (he's 34) was in a motorcycle accident. He is going to have some recovery time, but thank God is ok. He scared the crap out of us. I need a new week!!

(edited)

The 'bad' language discussion the ScoobyNatural thread reminds me that Steven Bochco passed away yesterday. I remember so clearly hearing Sipowicz tell Sylvia Costas to "Ipsa this, you pissy little bitch" whilst grabbing his crotch on NYPD Blue. It was truly shocking for its day (as was a glimpse of his naked butt, lol). Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and LA Law - rank high in my all time favorite tv shows. RIP sir.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and LA Law - rank high in my all time favorite tv shows. RIP sir.

Agreed. I may have been one of 10 people who watched Hill Street Blues from the beginning, somehow finding whatever night they moved it to that week... And I was only in high school back then, but I remember realizing as I watched that first episode and watched two of the main characters - officers Hill and Renko - go into an apartment building doorway that something was different about this. Then my mouth dropped open as someone shot them and their fate was left unknown as the episode ended. I knew then that this was not going to be your usual cop show.

I'm sorry to hear he passed away. He truly made some groundbreaking television.

(While not in the same vein, I also watched Doogie Howser, MD as well.)

• Love 2
On 14/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Lucifer must have a lot of dedicated fans.  I cannot believe his car won over Baby.  

Baby is another character alongside Dean and Sam , she even had her own episode. I didn't even know lucifer had a car.

So wrong ????

#BABYWASROBBED

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

You mean Lucifer from the show on another network - the one who drives the convertible? 

Yes. And the car is barely there, never mind a 'character' like the Impala. I call shenanigans!

• Love 1
On 4/2/2018 at 9:49 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

The 'bad' language discussion the ScoobyNatural thread reminds me that Steven Bochco passed away yesterday. I remember so clearly hearing Sipowicz tell Sylvia Costas to "Ipsa this, you pissy little bitch" whilst grabbing his crotch on NYPD Blue. It was truly shocking for its day (as was a glimpse of his naked butt, lol). Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and LA Law - rank high in my all time favorite tv shows. RIP sir.

I remember the shocker laugh from either Hill Street or NYPD Blues. After a bombing, the officers are looking through the debris and find a blown-off arm with a watch on the wrist. "Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'"one officer said to the other. Nobody expected that line. LOL

• Love 3

I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks and only just saw the videos of PaleyFest.  Jensen never fails to surprise me.  He's like a rock star one minute belting out a song with the Slipknot guy - but next time I see him he's in a knitted cardigan he bought at Grandpa's R Us.

He seemed subdued and almost distant on that panel.  And, of course, I bristled at Singer's "Sam's the smart one" comment. No he's NOT!!

Wow they got loads of attention.  My little show has come out from under a rock it seems. 

• Love 2

Just because it's the birthday of the late, great Doug Hopkins - from the Gin Blossoms. Here is Doug Hopkins singing the theme song to Scooby Doo. Note - The Scooby Doo theme song doesn't start until after the 2 minute mark. 

"Doug Hopkins with the Gin Blossoms singing theme to F-Troop and Scooby Doo during a guitar string change."

• Love 2

We should all get together and go on a field trip to Dripping Springs Texas to visit Jensen at the Family Business.  Apparently he's going to spend much of his summer there.  Thing is - I don't like beer.........

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

We should all get together and go on a field trip to Dripping Springs Texas to visit Jensen at the Family Business.  Apparently he's going to spend much of his summer there.  Thing is - I don't like beer.........

Road trip!!! I don't drink beer either, but it would be a great experience!

• Love 2

We are in the middle of an ice storm here in southern Ontario. There is no snow in these pics - it's all ice, and it's still 'raining'. The wind is supposed to pick up steadily into the evening. I fear these trees won't look the same tomorrow. :(

• Love 2
On 4/15/2018 at 11:09 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Well that's a road trip I could make in the summer, but not a fan of beer either...plus no friends that like Jensen so...hmm...lol

• Love 1

I was reminded today of a great live version of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time", by Matchbox 20, and I think it would be perfect for Jensen at a Saturday Night Special.  If any of you know it/can be bothered to look it up on youtube, what do you think?

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

HAPPY EARTH DAY EVERYONE!!  We only have one planet (and it's the only planet with chocolate).  Let's look after it, eh?

The AU Earth doesn’t have chocolate?!?! No wonder everyone’s so angry there!

In all seriousness, Happy Earth Day!

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Road trip!!! I don't drink beer either, but it would be a great experience!

I LOVE! beer!! And The Ackles. It's win-win for me, so I'm in. ;-)

• Love 3