Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Thanks catrox...all I got was a message that the site couldn't be found. Usually a site puts up a "Doing Maintenance" sign, so I thought it was totally gone. I don't visit there daily or anything, but it's such a resource for this show, just finding the episode list can be handy since I suck at remembering titles.

suposebly: here you go: "Do You Believe in Miracles" discussion (first 16 posts).

The trick to seeing if they have the thread you want is to use the old TWoP address. I found that out when I was on a thread as the site shut down, so I plugged that address into the wayback machine and it popped up. I was lucky enough that someone thought to archive the entirety of that (one of my favorites) thread * (all 113 pages of it) even though it had been archived and inactive since 2010. When the site was going to be shut down, I took a trip down memory lane and was laughing my butt off, so I'm glad it's still available. So when I saw you missed the finale thread, I did some quick Sammy google-fu and got the thread address and plugged it in.

* For anyone interested, here it is: "Letters to the Supernatural Characters: Text Me." A lot of vetran posters there. The clothing wars of 2006 (starting on page 10) are particularly memorable and went in conjunction with the survial game at that time. The exploits of the Armadillo (from "Hell House") and the Cymbal Monkey (from "Home") was another favorite section of mine. And the Christmas themed section with the politcally correct "Seasonal/Holiday/Festive Hotel Lights" (starting page 104).

That's awesome awesome. Sorry, someone has to make that joke. I volunteer.

I've come to declare UNCLE. Internet wins. I can't keep up with my boards, twitter, and tumblr while on a fantastic holiday in Britain. So... I hope nothing truly fabulous explodes for another 10 days because I just can't keep up!

I thought you guys would appreciate this... I was out shooting a local summer league baseball game last night for work. I accidentally shot this--I was getting set for this kid to do some wild running and sliding and accidently depressed my shutter button while I was crouching down--look at the scoreboard. What does that mean!? ;)

Aec8P5b.jpg

• Love 2

Supernatural fans… I'm a little worried. There are two of these train cars sitting next to my house right now and I'm low on salt. I don't have nearly enough fast food salt packets in my car console to cover all the doors and windows. Anybody know off the top of their head how to summon Castiel?

image_zpsdcf9531e.jpg

• Love 7

Well, he more or less invited Crowley, he barely considered him a threat; and Cas wasn't a real boy (angel) most of the time. ;)

I couldn't help myself and looked it up. "Worldwide Marine Solutions, Transportation and Logistics". Now I'm wondering if Crowley bought it while it took him so long to find out where the bone was.

Okay, I can't top that, but here's a fabulous Sam bitchface:

sambitchface1a.jpg

Best bitchface ever. It actually has layers of incredulity, annoyance, fear and general bitchiness.

• Love 1

Well, he more or less invited Crowley, he barely considered him a threat; and Cas wasn't a real boy (angel) most of the time. ;)

I meant that he didn't have much luck with prayer when he wound up with Gadreel :(

I meant that he didn't have much luck with prayer when he wound up with Gadreel :(

Have you noticed how much weight Mark has lost? Dude is in the gym ALL THE TIME.  I wonder if they told him he'd have another shirtless scene with Jensen shirtless (NOT like THAT... just adjacent or something).  If I was a dude and had to stand next to Jensen Ackles, I'd be hitting the gym or getting a new freaking contract.  Just sayin'. 

BTW: Anyone else having a GISHWHES hangover?  I'm really really tired today after staying up til 3am to post some last minute items.  And yes... I tried out GISHWHES this year.  Reasonably fun.  My team was not high pressure so except for the last night, it was pretty fun.  Some REALLY creative people out there.  I was the boring one. 

• Love 1

We thought about trying out GISHWHES this year, @SueB, but it's a good thing we didn't.  We were a little too busy dealing with two potential hurricanes heading our way.  Plus a puppy dog who had to be sedated for x-rays.  (Poor thing has arthritis in his hips.)

So, long story short, sorry I haven't been around much this week.  Should be back to normal shortly.  :-)

• Love 1

Okay so is does the board look different to you guys? I'm having to do a lot of scrolling to read all the comments. Before the user name was on the left and it was much easier to read the comments on a browse method. Do you guys see that too?

Thanks DittyDotDot,  I get why they need to make changes, but I really liked the way it was before because I could skip past the posts I already read and read the new ones. Now you have to do a whole lot more scrolling.  And it was much easier to find the commenters name to remind me of what comment I'm replying to.  Hmm Looks like it's not open for discussion. Hmm. 

I made a couple of suggestions in the Suggestions forum, but they need to be approved by a mod before they show up. I too, was having a similar problem, but I'm assuming I'll get used to it, eventually. They're always tinkering and trying to improve things around here, so who knows if these changes are permanent or not.

He sure is. This is a man who has taken a relative small role on television and leveraged it for promoting helping others far beyond what any others have done as far as I can tell.

• Love 1

Whew...

I think I'm almost back to normal. (That 2 1/2 hour nap helped.) I always forget how intense Dragon*Con is, and this year the record-breaking crowds (62,000+) made it even more so. Supernatural is no longer in the X-Trak, so we don't get as many panels yet (there were at least 4 back in the X-Trak heyday, and we even had Misha and Jim Beaver come visit one year), but we had 2 this year at least (which is better than the 1 from last year), and there were some surprises.

No spoilers, but here were some highlights from the panels for me:

One of the many panelists (and there were more here than many of the panels I saw showing how popular this show still is) was Supernatural book author Keith DeCandido. I didn't have his books yet, so I bought a couple and he signed them for us. (By the way, he was a cool guy, really amusing, and was entirely a fan of the show himself. He really loves the character Henricksen. He was also really personable with all of the fans). He ran out of books almost immediately and said basically note to self: bring more books next time. He just figured that any who would already want the books would have them already... and I told him not all of us got to live places where book stores carry genre books like that (an opinion echoed by a few others around me), and "older" fans like me are not so apt to buy stuff off the internet. He was really nice. This was the first panel (Friday night) where we talked about themes on Supernatural... and there were a few various opinions on that even amongst the panel members. It was good that we got to get the books in that panel, because the second one sort of ended in chaos...

So the second panel was on Sunday night, and filled up quickly (I was lucky that I got in), and was about the characters. The panelists and the audience mostly focused on the non-Sam and Dean characters, and again there were varying opinions, but most agreed that Kevin was one of the characters that left too soon and deserved a better death/send off. (I personally added Rufus to the list). It was interesting hearing the different perspectives on the other Supernatural characters. At the end of the panel a bit of chaos erupted as there was a surprise. Apparently Osric Chau is a cosplay fan? And came to the con as a regular fan? (That was what I heard as explanation anyway), and he had been in the panel the entire time in the audience without anyone knowing. Apparently he was dressed in a dress, a wig, and a mask of some sort? Anyway at the end of the panel he took off his mask and the very surprised panelists kind of squinted and eventually recognized that yes, it was Osric (and many had been talking about his character throughout the panel). As you can imagine chaos erupted and the poor panel-runners had a hard time clearing the room after that. (From the glimpses I got, Osric is adorable in person by the way.) I can't imagine being one of the audience members who had been sitting next to him the entire time not knowing who he was. That would be a story to tell.

I hope he had a good time and might consider coming back as a guest some time... Dragon*Con needs more Supernatural guests coming. It is a fairly different vibe from Comic Con though, but some actors once they catch the bug, keep returning because it's so much fun. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't end up bringing my AwesomO costume this year (next year), but I brought my Jayne hat (that I knitted myself), and I got quite a few comments on my knitting T-shirt ("I knit so I don't kill people" - which at least partially true, heh.) and I it helped the effect that I often knit in some of the not as crowded panels (tougher when you're packed in like sardines).

And lastly as usual the NC-17 fanfic panel (aptly named "I'll Be in My Bunk") was entirely fun and as demented as usual, even though there was less Wincest discussion this time - then again I missed the first 45 minutes, so I might have missed some. The husband part of the married duo got himself too toasted to get to the panel this year, but he kindly called to phone in his list... an expected thing each year which, okay, I must explain... This guy is a totally average-looking (as in he's not overly good-looking; he's a pleasant-looking, average Joe guy), heterosexual guy and has been married for years to one of the women who does the panel and interestingly happened to find out - and he was surprised himself according to his story a few years ago - that he shared his wife's interest in slash fanfiction and is very appreciative of the male form. So each year during the panel the husband gives us his list * of the 5 guys he would do - often with detailed explanation as to why (last year's Matthew Mcconaughey explanation of how he kept making his wife rewind the important parts of Magic Mike and play them in slow-mo and why had us laughing our butts off). Well, his wife put him on speaker phone for us to relay this year's list which included a guy from Justified, one of the guys from Sons of Anarchy, David Tennant, and #1... Mischa Collins as Castiel with the explanation that Castiel with his trenchcoat and voice and stare could do him any time. Hee.

(Back about 5 years ago or so, I wrote fanfiction (though mine are generally only PG13 - I can't write smut that well) and wandered into this panel - which is a Buffy sponsored panel, but includes many fandoms. It was demented, it was filthy, it was hilarious, and I was entirely mesmerized... I've gone ever since.)

* known to consistent panel goers as simply "the list" - those coming to the panel late generally ask "I didn't miss the list, did I?"

Okay - enough Dragon*Con gushing/reporting for now...

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 2

Cute puzzle.

I forgot that I didn't have time for that video when you posted it Demented Daisy...are you implying that I'm not only a Supernatural Nazi, but possibly Hitler himself? I think I resemble that video a bit too much. Hee!

ETA: And here's another complete time waster for someone with a lot of time on their hands...http://itsajensenthing.tumblr.com/post/91537709089/supernatural-hiatus-challenge-what-can-you (not sure if it was cool to post the puzzle images here, but this is a link to the tumbler page and if you click on the images you can make them bigger)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Wow, that's amazing. And when you see everything all laid out like that...well The Winchester Brothers have a lore of their own that rivals all the lore in their Dad's journal. Seems like they should have a journal too, and not Chuck's books. It needs to be leatherbound and beautiful and be kept in the Smithsonian.