Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Greetings. Long time lurker at TWoP, decided to take the plunge and attempt to actually contribute to the conversation. Started streaming Supernatural at the beginning of this year and read the recaps and forums either simultaneously or right after viewing. Your comments really completed the experience of being oddly obsessed with this show. Time to bring something to the table

• Love 1

Hi guys! I'm Mstaken on the soon-to-be-shut-down TWoP and, well, obviously I wasn't too creative when choosing a username over here! I'm scarily close to turning 40, which makes my fondness for this show (well, the first few seasons of it, anyway!) a source of much mocking among the few TV fans I know in 'real' life. I far prefer discussing TV with you guys anyway. :)

Does anyone plan to read/watch/eat/do anything interesting this weekend?! 

Hi all. Any other recent refugees from twop out there. Or anyone else ridiculously obsessed with this ridiculously obsessive show?

Yes on both counts...previously DLJ on TWoP. Nice to see some familiar faces. And look, I figured out how to quote already, things are definitely looking up!

Hi!  Also making the move over from TWoP.  I haven't been as active posting in the SPN forums recently as I once was, but it was always nice to lurk.  I'm glad someone mentioned PTV as an option now that we're losing TWoP. 

I'm planning on making my nephews (12 and 7) watch the original Parent Trap with me this weekend. 

Hi guys!  Also a longtime MBTV/TWoP poster coming over.  Boy, am I glad that someone suggested p.tv as a substitute.  The idea that everyone on the internet wants to spend life conversing in 140 characters or less is nauseating.  :-) 

I will miss our long ruminations about SPN: life, the universe and everything; I have spent countless hours contemplating and discussing the world of SPN and I hope we can continue it here.

TNT Reruns are back to S1 so at least I have that to fall back on when they kill the recaps and we're on a mini-hellatus.  I think we have a few weeks and then we settle in 4/15 for 9.18 and then the last couple of massive eps to set up S10.  They have to take a break from the arc for 9.20 to do the pilot for the new series, so they are going to have to pack a lot into the 5 other episodes.

I am so glad we have a place to discuss them that has actual SPaG.

• Love 2

I too came over from TWoP.  I hope this site is planning to do recaps of Supernatural.  The only one posted is the first episode of the season.  I wish Tippi could continue to write them here.

Anyway, I've watched this show from the beginning and am probably in it to the bitter end.

Edited by Frost
  • Love 1

Hi All.  TWoP refugee. So happy to have a place to talk about my current obsession. I just came into SPN in the past few months and holy crap, I'm addicted.  It may be starting to become a problem.  

Hi, guys, long time lurker, occasional poster on TWOP (krumpli, previously), happy to be here, I decided to be more active, because I think we need as many people as possible to make this place work :)

I have been thinking about whether to spend the remaining time on TWOP or jump right here, and I think, I will spend the rest of this season already here, loging in TWOP makes me feel sad and nostalgic and it honestly smells of decay, not a happy place. Besides, people will need time to adjust, and after the finale it very well can be that they won't find their way here when fall comes. 

So I hope, we can have good conversations here, looking forward to them :)

Edited by brewer

Hi all. Any other recent refugees from twop out there. Or anyone else ridiculously obsessed with this ridiculously obsessive show?

I'm a TWoP refugee.  Same name, I won't give the name up.

I still want Zachariah and The Trickster to return.

Hi All, Long time lurker at TWoP who decided to take the plunge here. Couldn't believe they're closing down the site. I've watched Supernatural since the Pilot and despite its descent into hell, will continue until the bitter end. Hope most of the TWoP posters come here as well, since I love your snark. :-)

Long time lurker at TWoP who decided to take the plunge here.

Okay, I followed, not that many know me, since I just started posting and then bam the place is shutting down, so does that mean it's my fault?  lol.  But I don't have friends to talk about Supernatural with, so I'm hoping this site will work and last for a while.

I teach Drama and Debate...Middle school.  I turned to teaching after my acting career didn't take off and I couldn't pay the bills, so I turned to the banking world and we got robbed 5 times in 1 year.  So I turned to teaching.  I was only going to teach 5 years.   I won't say how long I've been teaching cause it's over 15, and I'm in denial about my age.  I also like fanfiction.  gasp.  I guess I've talked too long, so I'll shut up now.

Sidekickgirl here. TWoP long-timer, but new to Supernatural. I watched all nine seasons during this insanely cold winter. I'm not sure how the likes of Dean Winchester evaded me all these years. This week will mark the first time I'll be watching live, I'm excited!

• Love 1

Sidekickgirl here. TWoP long-timer, but new to Supernatural. I watched all nine seasons during this insanely cold winter. I'm not sure how the likes of Dean Winchester evaded me all these years. This week will mark the first time I'll be watching live, I'm excited!

Congratulations! We seem to have made the same journey to the SPN world at roughly the same time! I, too, started watching it over the holidays but caught up to watch live about a month ago.  And I, too, feel your pain and sadness that I didn't know of the marvel that is Jensen Ackles/Dean Winchester either.  But we know now and can be happy for that. 

• Love 1

Hi everyone! Been a long-time lurker on TWOP and decided to make the move over here. I'm hoping to be a little more active this time around and join in the discussions. I really hope this place can become as active and prolific as TWOP has been. I'm gonna miss going there straight after an episode airs. Think of all those amazing recaps lost! I yearn for Raoul, sometimes, lol!

Welcome, everyone! I've been watching SPN since the pilot first aired, although I don't think I've ever participated in the discussions at TWoP (I would sometimes read them, though). My favorite episodes are usually the silly or more meta ones, which I believe is an unpopular opinion in the fandom!

• Love 1
(edited)

Myrelle here. New poster at TWOP before they decided to shut down. I've fallen in love all over again with this show because of the MoC storyline and want to discuss. Huge Jensen Ackles fan and happy to see him being given something of substance to work with again. I loved PurgatoryDean and EndverseDean so I'm looking so forward to seeing Dean with The Mark and The First Blade unleashed. Cannot wait for this hiatus to be over.

Edited by Myrelle

Well, it's SPN day, but no new SPN :(.  I'm having withdrawal already.  How many times can I watch "First Born", "Blade Runners" and "Mother's Little Helper" before it becomes obsessive?  Oh? That many?  Cool. /goes back to watch them again.

Okay, I followed, not that many know me, since I just started posting and then bam the place is shutting down, so does that mean it's my fault?  lol.  But I don't have friends to talk about Supernatural with, so I'm hoping this site will work and last for a while

These things are true for me too, although I had been reading TWoP since back when it was still Mighty Big TV, I only joined to vent my Supernatural frustrations, er, I mean opinions. I'm relieved to see so many familiar names since for me your thoughts and opinions have become part of what I enjoy about this show.

(edited)

Help. I'm having some terrible new SPN episodes withdrawal.  I mean, sure, I can watch the reruns on TNT but I need something new to obsess over.  Sigh.

Edited by catrox14

I was wondering - since we're in con season again (with jibcon coming soon), and a lot of con reports this weekend, some spoilery, some not, some just fun stuff, do you think we could create a con thread to put links to photos or reports in? 

(edited)

Another refugee here -- and yes, that little guy to my left is my Bernese Mountain Dog/Border Collie mix.  His name is Loki -- Norse god of mischief Loki, not Marvel bad guy.  Oh, and not SPN Loki/Trickster/Gabriel.  We're big on mythology in our household -- all of our names come from Greek mythology, even the middle ones.  We thought we would stray for the non-human family members.  Though I may change my mind if I ever get a female Great Pyrenees -- I'd love to name her Khione, Greek goddess of snow.

Shockingly, he doesn't look like that anymore.  He's four and a half years old and about a hundred pounds of lapdog. 

ETA

here to throw shade on spn

The shade, the shade of it all!

Edited by Demented Daisy

Hey, everybody! I'm also a refugee from TWoP. I'm using the same username. Over half my posts were in the Supernatural forum. Heck, back in the early seasons when I was still madly in love with the show, I made sure my milestone posts were Supernatural related. I abandoned the show when Bobby was killed, and for some strange reason, I let myself get sucked back into the show this season. Heck, I was a member of the Tinfoil Hat Brigade at one time.

It's awesome to be here, even if I don't know what to say about the show anymore. I'll have to quote Zanne, and Supernatural is my Abusive TV Boyfriend.

• Love 1

Hey guys.

I finally made the move over here. I held on until the bitter end at TWoP as I knew I would. I decided to stay AwesomO, since except for on the TWoP boards, my former moniker Night Nymph is elsewhere associated mostly with my Buffy fandom days. I still "Buffy," but no longer on message boards. I can only seem to handle one show obsession at a time when it comes to boards... though truth be told, when it's time for Project Runway again, I will likely "cheat" on SPN over there. (It's another show I've watched since season 1. And I still must have my dose of Tim Gunn.)

I was telling someone yesterday that I clicked on my bookmark out of habit and when I got the "This Community Is Unavailable" my first thought was to check back later. Took me a minute to remember that it would never be available. Very weird.

Glad to see you've made the move with the rest of us Tippi.

• Love 1
Not after the abomination that was Under the Gunn.  *shudder*  How he treated one of the designers really changed my view of him, sadly.

I didn't see all of that show (I didn't enjoy the format as much), so perhaps I missed it. It is more than just Tim Gunn for me though. PR was the first reality show that hooked me. I watched Survivor season 1, but easily dropped it. The delicious, understated villany of Wendy Pepper though, the clothes I'd never wear but somehow found fascinating to watch them create, the inventive challenges... I was just hooked after season 1.

I was telling someone yesterday that I clicked on my bookmark out of habit and when I got the "This Community Is Unavailable" my first thought was to check back later.

I was still rereading a thread as the site went down, so I can relate DittyDotDot. I kept thinking "maybe they'll give us just a few more minutes" and checked back a couple of times before it sunk in that nope, that was it. (Fortunately the thread is archived on the waybackmachine, and I've got that bookmarked - because that thread was awesome, and if I need a laugh, I can still go to it now.)

Good to see you here, Tippi Blevins. Got any of those brownies left?

I'm not sure where this would go, but there's a news story about two 12 year old girls in Wisconsin who stabbed a third girl because they were obsessed with Slenderman.  They'd planned it out over a couple of months.  It sounded horrifyingly similar to the Supernatural episode.  Some of the reports are saying they knew he wasn't real but wanted to 'prove' he wasn't a hoax.  The whole news story is profoundly disturbing.

I had to go traveling for work at the worst possible time, so I missed the TWOP forums going down, the Supernatural finale AND, most importantly, the discussion of it on the TWOP forums. At least I have a job but right now, it doesn't feel like that was worth it. I'm not ready to delete my TWOP bookmarks yet.

Supposebly, I tried to find the discussion thread for you on the wayback machine, but unfortunately the only capture that I could find only got the first 16 posts of the  discussion and it doesn't look like they got another capture at a later date from what I can tell. It looks like April 15th was the last date that the whole of the "Supernatural General gabbery" forum was saved. Wish I had known I would have saved it for you.

(Let me know if you want that link to the one page. I didn't post it in case that one incomplete page would be worse than none at all, but you'd still be tempted to click the link).

Does anyone know what happened to SupernaturalWiki.com? I was trying to check in there to find out the exact air date for the Pilot when I set up the episode thread and it was gone. First TWoP and now SupernaturalWiki...did Supernatural fans break the internet?

• Love 1

AwesomO4000, I really appreciate you looking up the discussion on the final episode on the wayback machine. I did it myself with no success; only figured out how to get to the April 16 save. I would appreciate the link on the initial posts.

DittyDotDot, I think we finally did it. It only took 9 years.

• Love 1