Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: This One's For Me

A lot of bad, with undercurrents of good. CC's various surgeries really showed in the opening.

As for the rest -- I thought Andy's small victories speech was cute enough. Laurie's matching outfits plot to piss off Ellie was also in character and funny (her Betty Draper hairstyle at the end was not, though) but the Grayson stuff? I didn't get any of it, except for his desire to have something that was not mocked by the people he's around all the time.

There's a chance -- a very slight one, but a chance -- that they are working to breaking everyone up at the end. The unpleasant nature of constant attack -- even if it's done by people who you love -- might be enough to make Grayson give an ultimatum. It would be hard to know that anything you want to do that goes outside of the group is going to result in you being made fun of, so maybe he'll want a change. 

Which will lead to the only way the series should end -- Jules and Ellie reaching for their bags in the trunk and heading off together. They are the only love story left in this thing. 

• Love 1

Ugh. Have any of the writers on this show ever been in a relationship? Apparently lying, snooping and hiding stuff from your spouse is both hilarious and great for your marriage. Doesn't help I was comparing this episode with the Parks and Rec finale and Leslie and Ben's relationship but even if I wasn't this was a dreadful episode.

ETA: whiporee - now I'm praying Jules & Grayson break up. I've always thought they're dreadful together. Maybe the show will pull a Roseanne and we'll find out the guys are all dead and Jules and Ellie have been together this whole time.

Edited by godonlyknows
  • Love 1

Have any of the writers on this show ever been in a relationship?

Personally, I think they're taking bets to see who can write the worst episode ever. Ellie's bitch schtick is tired and not funny anymore, and I'm kind of surprised that she has let Laurie rent space in her head. Laurie is as awful as ever. I hated the Travis and Andy story, but then I hate the emasculation of the American male, which was epitomized by those ball-less wonders afraid of their own wives.

God, I hate the continuing degradation of Tom, even though I hate the character. He's the head of neurosurgery and he's so pathetic he hangs at the window and acts as their bartender? Gah.

There's a chance -- a very slight one, but a chance -- that they are working to breaking everyone up at the end.

I would love for Jules and Grayson to break up, as well as Laurie and Travis. The friends have all become awful people; why are they even friends anymore?

Looks like Brian Van Holt's leaving (forced or otherwise) was the smartest career decision he could have made (or had made for him).

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2

These episodes feel like they're gasping for air. You can almost smell the stench of death.

It was just boring to me. None of the 3 plotlines worked. It was kind of interesting that they explored how Jules tells her friends everything about her life/her husband, but even with that  the whole thing with the really stupid comedy group just fell flat. 

Even the Andy/Travis plot seemed kind of dumb. It just reminded me of other times they have done "Andy teaches Travis how to be in a relationship" plots that were much funnier. Even the Breaking Bad spoof couldn't save it.