Type keyword(s) to search

Who Would You Like To See as an Atlanta Housewife...And Why?

• Start Topic

Marlo Damn Hampton. There.

1) She knows the tea about everybody and ain't afraid to spill it.

B) she can shut down all of Kandi's dull ass sex chatter witha single drop it likes its hot split

3) She has been the best at silencing that Moose Nene.

She apologized for the slur Andy. Let's move on and get some real shit popping

• Love 9

I don't know much about the Atlanta Braves, but since the show films in summer/fall, it would be fun to have the wife of a ballplayer on. One with kids, one who has to juggle a lot. If the husband was a player who was maybe on the cusp of either staying in the majors or being shipped out to a farm team -- drama, stress -- all the better.

• Love 1

Actual HOUSEWIVES.

It would be nice to get people who aren't quasi-famous on. 

Or at the very least, ladies the current HWs actually know.  That's one of the reasons I initially enjoyed New Jersey HWs, because they were family or close family friends.  It made the dynamics, interactions, and drama so much more interesting because the reactions and responses to the shit that happened (even the manufactured shit) seemed genuine.  It's also what made the show a bit uncomfortable to watch in the later seasons because we were watching families and long-standing friendships get mangled.  But at least it was real. 

• Love 1

I'd like to have an actual group of slighly interrelated friends, similar to the first season of all the housewives shows. The problem with the current cast, in addition to personalities and drama-starters, is that these women aren't "friends" and for the most part don't interact outside of the show (ignoring twitter/instagram,etc). So they have to create all these fake events and reasons to contractually require folks to be present so they can film together. 

If people already had established relationships I would think the falling outs of people would play more realistically because it means more. There was a reason why the Kim/Nene friendship breakdown was so darn ugly. It had history. Right now, nobody cares if Claudia is mad at someone or not, she just moved to Atlanta and these people don't know her from a can of paint. So the drama comes off as super fake/scripted and unintersting.

Second, after about the 4th season, everyone is so "On" that no one is their natural selves. I think that has hurt the show. People are so concerned with being a brand and having Bravo-businesses that they don't really show their lives anymore and the show (Much like The Hills on MTV years ago) tries to ignore their actual pseudo-famous lives. So we won't see NeNe in New York preparing for Broadway or Porscha in her business meetings for her weave/wig line, etc. All we're left with is "I heard she's dating so and so" 

I think they should start all the way over. 

• Love 2

Marlo Damn Hampton. There.

1) She knows the tea about everybody and ain't afraid to spill it.

B) she can shut down all of Kandi's dull ass sex chatter witha single drop it likes its hot split

3) She has been the best at silencing that Moose Nene.

She apologized for the slur Andy. Let's move on and get some real shit popping

I am here for this all day, every day and twice on Sundays. The shade, the shade of it all!

I don't know that starting over would help; at this point everyone who goes on one of these shows knows the game and they're all playing. Just look at how they added all those new people to Jersey - every one of them came out of the gate with their plans down pat. It's too late to get the "real" parts of reality shows anymore. All you can do is catch the moments they aren't expecting.

I agree all these "brands" and bullshit fame these former nobodies get go to their heads. I find the ones who had some level of celebrity/legit careers (Cynthia, Kenya, Kandi, Claudia) handle it far better than the ones on their first rodeo (Nene, Porsha, Kim, Sheree, Phaedra, Apollo, Peter.)

• Love 3

I was told to take this comment to this thread, but what I said on the episode thread was:

The problem with this show now is we don't see anything of the women's lives.  On Beverly Hills, we see their homes,their families, we see them going out to nice functions.  Kenya doesn't really live in Atlanta, so she has no storyline; Claudia doesn't have one either, except that she's biracial.  Porsha doesn't have one but she's only a friend so she doesn't need one; Nene isn't really into it anymore; Cynthia probably doesn't want to show too much because we'll see what pond scum her husband is.  The only people who have stories, bad or good are Phaedra and Kandi, they may not have the best stories, but they have them. 

Maybe what they should do is pick women who actually have lives and storylines they can show; that way the fake nonsense of who said what to whom, won't be the only thing this show has going for it.

• Love 2

Nene is from Athens, GA and moved to Atlanta quite some time ago.  Kandi and Phaedra as well as Porsha are from either Atlanta (Porsha) or Athens (Kandi and Phaedra)  The rest are not.

I didn't ask where Nene is from.  I asked if she's even been living there, outside the very tight window when they shoot episodes.

If you go by her other media and TV appearances, it seems doubtful.

If the bone to pick is if people are from Atlanta (as people were talking about upthread), then someone who goes there STRICTLY to shoot episodes would seem to be kind of lame.  Whether they came from there originally or not.

NeNe rents a home in Roswell, north of Atlanta. They've switched houses several times, as one season she was in LA to film Glee and that other show. The first house they had when appearing on the show, they were evicted from for not paying rent. So, technically, she's a renter.

Phaedra owns her present home, and one in Smyrna that she has for sale. Kandi owns her home. Cynthia and Peter are making payments, I am guessing they are mortgage payments.

Well there's Atlanta proper and then metro Atlanta. You can technically live in Decatur, Roswell, etc and still be from metro Atlanta. So I would consider everyone except Kenya to be a current Atlantan since she's the only one who flies in to shoot.

• Love 1

I agree, Kenya is the only non-resident of the city. It's like on Beverly Hills, two of the women live nowhere close to Beverly Hills. Nor are they housewives. That's why I'd like to see the leading franchise have married women on the show in Atlanta. Now we're down to NeNe, Cynthia and Kandi with husbands.

That's the problem with this show now. Porsha was trying not to engage in fighting constantly and was demoted. Cynthia is scared of being demoted so she's trying to start mess. It's forced and played out. This season is terrible because every scene is setup to try and take someone down.

Recast with real housewives with families.

• Love 3

I think the general Housewives formula and all its iterations have just gotten boring. Person A and Person B go meet at a shoe store and talk trash about Person C. Person C calls Person A on speakerphone and says, "So I'm inviting you and all the other girls to (insert venue) so we can catch up." At the venue, Person D, the producer designated shit stirrer, confronts Person B about some slight or transgression (Did you go to Bass Lake; You used a surrogate; You were sexting Mr. Chocolate; Mario is cheating on you, etc.) This is followed by screaming, shouting and/or drink tossing. Rinse and repeat. The players may change, but the script is the same. IMO the closest these shows have been to reality is the first season of the OC, and that's a stretch.

• Love 1

Like Steve Harvey said to Kandi and Todd on his talk show, no one is married on this show. I mean Kandi, Nene, Phaedra, Cynthia are married but you can't tell since you rarely see them with their husbands, that's probably the point Harvey was making.

Porsha is no longer married, Claudia isn't married and has no real connections to any of the women, Kenya isn't married and doesn't live in ATL full time. The Housewives element has been taken out of the franchise for this one. All they wanna do is bicker now.

I do think the housewives shows lose something when they have so many non housewives. I don't mind people like Phaedra, and even Kandi & Cynthia while they were dating but not married, but non local totally single Kenya and Claudia with no personal life at all to show are pretty useless to me.

• Love 3

Like Steve Harvey said to Kandi and Todd on his talk show, no one is married on this show. I mean Kandi, Nene, Phaedra, Cynthia are married but you can't tell since you rarely see them with their husbands, that's probably the point Harvey was making.

I don't listen to anything Steve Harvey says because according to him, black women are the problem, black men have no problem and that's that.  Besides, how many times has Steve Harvey been married, 3, 4?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the Atlanta Housewives is one that everyone loves to talk about and look at in a train wreck kinda way but very few of the actual wives that would be potentially good candidates for this show decline and don't want to put their lives on film. I admire how in the more recent seasons of Beverly Hills, OC and even New York City they're able to snag (and sometimes maintain) these new women who have pre-Housewives success or are married to money whereas Atlanta that pool is dry, thus the transplants (I don't mind Claudia though).

I imagine a Married to Medicine merge with Heavenly, Toya and Quad part of the cast. A little money, vapidness, and snark worthy side hustles. I like my episodes with a little drama but with more off the beaten path personalities/antics, quirkiness and family time. 

I'd like to see some opulence. A real "rich b!tch" or two who fly off on family vacations to the islands or somewhere overseas, that doesn't have to boast about the brands she wears or her lifestyle because it's evident in how she lives/comes across. A woman who can hold her own in a confrontation without yelling her face off or trying to snatch a wig. She can even be a...*gasp* real housewife and unapologetic about it.

Edited by quetzal
  • Love 2

There are a LOT of folks all over the net and just about every blogger feels Bravo totally jumped the shark with fight and/or slut shaming format and this season's ratings are showing it. Most long for the old Atlanta format when we saw the HW's family lives, them shopping ang hanging out, thier businesses, personal social events and yes, spilling occasional T. Now it's mainly talk dirt, have dinner together and fight. ........... Sigh.

• Love 3

I honestly think this franchise is done. No well-to-do black family in Atlanta is going to do this show, especially now that it's all about arguing and spilling tea and whatnot. This show isn't even pretending to be about families anymore.

At least on franchises like BH, the women have families and lives they are willing to show. When ATL started flying in actresses to start mess, that aspect went out the window.

• Love 3
(edited)

I would like to see the wife (or girlfriend?) of the mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed (I don't know if he's married but I've seen him at functions w/ an attractive woman on his arm.)

Edited by nb360

I would too, but while he's in office I can't see him being involved in a show like this.

Which may be what tanked Demetria. She probably presented herself as the girlfriend of Roger Bobb, and production thought "Hey! Roger Bobb!" but once it became clear he wasn't going to acknowledge her or show up at her events, she was demoted.

(edited)

They need to fire Demetria, Porsha and all of Team Pretty. Reboot the show RHONY season 5 style. Along with Nene, Kandi and Phaedra add an Atlanta Hawks basketball wife (we haven't had a basketball wife since Deeshawn!), a married Georgia Peach/ATL royalty hybrid with the wits of Phaedra and bigger fake boobs than Porsha, and a white Atlanta Braves baseball wife! Now that I would want to watch.

Edited by georgekush
  • Love 2

After this week's episode without NeNe, I started thinking about how the show used to be. She has systematically run off anyone she didn't deem worthy of being in her prescence on the show, in my opinion. Lisa Wu and DeShawn.... then Kim and Sheree finally had enough (although I think Sheree was asked to leave, at NeNe's request.)

We keep blaming Bravo for ruining the show, but if Bravo and Andy hadn't listened to NeNe and she'd left early....what might the show have been like?

Kim might have stayed, with all her kidlets running around, which would have been fun to watch in the context of them getting together with the other wives and their children. Sheree might have been kept around, and for all her faults it was fun to snark on her grandiose ideas. Kenya probably wouldn't have been brought in to be an antagonist to NeNe.

So, in a nutshell, I blame NeNe for the show jumping the shark. She was Quint, driving the boat, and took it all down with her. IMO

• Love 3

After this week's episode without NeNe, I started thinking about how the show used to be. She has systematically run off anyone she didn't deem worthy of being in her prescence on the show, in my opinion. Lisa Wu and DeShawn.... then Kim and Sheree finally had enough (although I think Sheree was asked to leave, at NeNe's request.)

We keep blaming Bravo for ruining the show, but if Bravo and Andy hadn't listened to NeNe and she'd left early....what might the show have been like?

Kim might have stayed, with all her kidlets running around, which would have been fun to watch in the context of them getting together with the other wives and their children. Sheree might have been kept around, and for all her faults it was fun to snark on her grandiose ideas. Kenya probably wouldn't have been brought in to be an antagonist to NeNe.

So, in a nutshell, I blame NeNe for the show jumping the shark. She was Quint, driving the boat, and took it all down with her. IMO

Kim left the show because she just didn't want to do it anymore.  It really had nothing to do with Nene.  As for Sheree, she had rubbed most of the other HWives the wrong way before she left and I believe Bravo just didn't want to keep her.  Don't know about the others but Nene was the one who brought Sheree and Kim on the show.  I don't blame Nene for the mess that is this show now, I blame Bravo for forgetting what the show was originally about.  HOUSEWIVES!!!  So their bringing on single actresses from other states that have absolutely nothing to do with ATLANTA GA is their call, not Nene's

Kim left the show because she was given a lucrative offer for a spinoff, which I believe has had three seasons. According to what's been put out there, she only reconciled her friendship with NeNe during the past year.

I know the friendship story is true because I have a friend who works for Kim. She has no use for NeNe but got over it and moved on.

• Love 1

Kim left the show because she was given a lucrative offer for a spinoff, which I believe has had three seasons. According to what's been put out there, she only reconciled her friendship with NeNe during the past year.

I know the friendship story is true because I have a friend who works for Kim. She has no use for NeNe but got over it and moved on.

You're friends with Sweetie?????  

• Love 3
(edited)

Casting rumors for season 8:

http://tamaratattles.com/2015/06/09/exclusive-piping-hot-season-eight-rhoa-casting-tea/

(I wasn't sure what thread to post this in so I'm posting it here because it has to do with future casting.)

Tamara Tattles is reporting that Nene, Kenya, Cynthia and Kandi have all been asked back as full time housewives. She says she's gotten no confirmation for Phaedra, Claudia and Portia but that rumor is it's unlikely any of them will return. Also, they're auditioning actresses for the vacant housewives slots.

Edited by glowbug

Phaedra and Porsha I can understand. Phaedra for her kids' sake, Porsha for all of our sakes. But I thought Claudia was a lock since she did the job they asked her to do last season, which was to rile up NeNe. I'd personally swap out Cynthia for Claudia. Cynthia does nothing but tattle and drag her lazyass husband around with her on the show.

I figured if they hired her to rile NeNe one season, they'd have them be friends next season and she'd go after someone else. It's how those storylines work.

Yeah, this. 

I thought they'd at least get one more season out of her with a 'Claudia and Kenya turn on each-other' type storyline.

• Love 1