Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Chapter Fourteen

It could have been any random VIP guest who Rafael, as the hotel manager, was visiting for some reason, and who asked him to put out the sign on his way out.

Do Not Disturb signs are sacred. I even have one on my bedroom door at home. Even though I live alone. Just in case :).

• Love 6

But if Rose changed her face then I guess someone else will have to start playing her if she returns.

It may only be a temporary change, done with a Mission Impossible level disguise, rather than plastic surgery. That means that Rose would be back to her old self within a few episodes. Until then, the changed Rose might look exactly like one of the other characters.

• Love 1

I'm really glad that that everyone knows that Rose is Sin Rostro -- it was going to drive me crazy to see her actively deceiving people, especially Luisa. I also like that she's (sort of) flown the coop. Still wonder if Michael is long for this world, knowing all he does (no spoilers, just spec).

One editing mistake that drove me crazy: Luisa puts her luggage in the trunk, cut to Rafael in the front seat of the car. They forgot the sound effect for closing the trunk! I kept thinking her suitcase was going to fly out of the back of the car (for the 30 additional seconds of the scene).

Rafael saying "crazy" and Luisa getting annoyed cracked me up. Wordplay is my favorite kind of humor.

One editing mistake that drove me crazy: Luisa puts her luggage in the trunk, cut to Rafael in the front seat of the car. They forgot the sound effect for closing the trunk! I kept thinking her suitcase was going to fly out of the back of the car (for the 30 additional seconds of the scene).

Maybe the car has an automatic trunk closer. I saw one demonstrated on TV a few years ago, and all you get is the click of the latch, which may not be audible from the front.

• Love 2

My favorite part of the show continues to be Xo and Rogelio. Absolutely loved when Jane sat them down and had them spill out their feelings for each other.

• Love 1

What a bad day Rafael was having. His sister got out of her mental hospital and was angry at him, Jane doesn't entirely trust him, his dad's dead and Petra pretty much owns the hotel. At least him and Michael are on better terms? That's good. I actually liked him and Jane a lot. She was really supportive of him and I really liked their scenes this episode. I think I might finally be warming up to the idea of them staying together. 

Luisa's also having a bad day but girl, signing over voting rights to Petra? Wasn't there something else she could do that didn't involve that happening? But did she really run away with Rose? I don't think so but I'm not entirely sure. I don't want to lose Bridget Reagan so soon though, so please let her still have the same face!!

Ro and Xo are amazing together; I really, really love them and need them to stay together. 

I think that Jane was perfectly in her right to at least knock. If she had used her key card to walk in, then that's a different story. I'm fine with her doing that. I probably would have done the same thing.

So, Zaz has a twin brother. I do honestly feel like Aaron is Zaz. How could he have heard about Petra from his brother, if they never spoke? Unless Aaron has been involved with Sin Rostra and has heard about Petra that way. 

I think discovering if your baby daddy is hiding a supposedly murdered man trumps the sanctity of the Do Not Disturb sign.  

Rafael looks like Aladdin when his eyes are closed or downcast.  

I laughed so hard at the Michael/Rafael telenovela scene, especially when they slapped each other. And I loved that they were both dressed in Rogelio's signature shade of telenovela lavender. Equally hilarious were the fantasy pictures of Michael with a huge cheesy grin on his face. I bet he had so much fun doing those quick little snippets!

I loooooooooved Petra's shoes when she got out of the car at the end. Sometimes shows do closeups of shoes so they can pan up and surprise you with whoever it is and most of the time, I'm like dude, if you're going to do that, you need to have some fabulous shoes! Petra's shoes were definitely worthy of that closeup shot.

Luisa is who I felt most sorry for this week. Her secret girlfriend/stepmother accused her of being a crazy liar and had her sent to a mental institution. Her father and brother believed Rose instead of Luisa. Then Rose killed her father. She has been betrayed by everyone important in her life. Well, except Betty!

I am with you guys on the do not disturb signs. Maybe I'm asleep. Maybe I'm in the shower. Maybe I'm jumping on the bed. Maybe I'm just walking around naked. But it doesn't matter what I'm doing. The sign says DO NOT DISTURB. That means I do not want anyone to knock on my door!

I'm totally fine with Jane and Rafael having a registry for their baby shower. Whether it's a baby or a wedding, no matter what you tell people (even if you request no gifts), people are still going to buy you stuff. At least with a registry, you won't get a million phone calls from your great aunt asking what you want. People who want to get creative are free to buy whatever they want as a gift, but for people who aren't sure what you already have or maybe friends/relatives who live farther away and don't see you often enough to know your taste, a registry makes things easier for everyone.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo