Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Chapter Fourteen

Michael thinks Rafael is hiding his father, and he convinces Jane to be suspicious about this as well. Meanwhile, Jane gets Xo and Rogelio to be honest with their feelings toward one another; and Jane's pals suggest throwing a baby shower for her.

March 9th?  Son of a bitch.

Anyway, for those who think Jane's character needs more flaws, this episode gave us a prime one:  not liking Bon Jovi.  "Livin' on a Prayer" is sublime.

A lot of shows would have drawn out Rose's secret identity, the disappearance of Emilio, etc., for ages.  Not this one.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 10
Anyway, for those who think Jane's character needs more flaws, this episode gave us a prime one:  not like Bon Jovi.  "Livin' on a Prayer" is sublime.

Living on a Prayer is a classic man! Don't you mock Raf for that Jane!

Poor Luisa.   Glad that mini bar was empty.  In my mind, if she is truly going to Rose, she only is going because she has some sort of plan to take her down for what she did to her father.

So why did Luisa really give Petra her votes? Not quite sure I understood that.

Yay for Rogelio and Xo finally getting their feelings out!

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1

I laughed so hard at Jane seeing situations as if they were telenovelas. Rafael and Michael together are GOLD!!!

I felt so terrible for Luisa as she realized who Rose is. And then to learn about her father, and Rafael being a bit of a dick. I'll say it, he was... Grief stricken and blinded by his desire to not let Petra over take the hotel. I was so upset at Petra calling that meeting. What a bitch. Gotta give the actress credit - she makes me hate Petra one moment and root for her the next.

So yes, Rafael reacted badly to Petra overtaking the hotel, and was an ass towards Luisa as a result. he realized it pretty quickly, too. But one question - if he has 1/3 and Luisa has 1/3 and Petra has 1/3... There's no majority anywhere... Why was it so important for Rafael to get Louisa's share? Was it to not disappoint his father?

I felt terrible for Rafael. Nothing was going his way tonight. He was getting hit every which way he turned.

It was painful to see Jane and Rafael realize theydon't know much about each other. Jane was so super sweet with him near the end, a rafael made me cry when he started to cry. I thought that was super well played on both actors part.

Rogelio and Xo continue to entertain and delight. It was so funny that Jane sat them down and they had to talk about their feelings. :)

I enjoyed Michael tonight. Was it my imagination or did his attitude softened up a bit towards Rafael tonight?

!

Petra played the "Rafael doesn't understNd you but I do and I have a shaman" card very well and at the right moment. She heard the convo between Rafael and Luisa and she pounced on Luisa to get her shares.

• Love 2

Petra manipulated her into thinking that by not giving Rafael control she was protecting him from becoming consumed by money and power.

i think Zaz is the one still alive and the brother was the one that was killed.

But one question - if he has 1/3 and Luisa has 1/3 and Petra has 1/3... There's no majority anywhere... Why was it so important for Rafael to get Louisa's share? Was it to not disappoint his father?

With his shares and control over Luisa's he would control 2/3 of the shares.  Now Petra controls 2/3 and Rafael only 1/3 so she can out vote him.

Edited by Autumn

With his shares and control over Luisa's he would control 2/3 of the shares.  Now Petra controls 2/3 and Rafael only 1/3 so she can out vote him.

You might be on to something about Zaz.

I know whoever got Louisa's shares would get control of the hotel. But before both Rafael and Petra went after her shares, they were all at 33% each, so no one was more powerful than the other. I did not get why Rafael was so after Louisa's shares and why Petra thought she was the boss before she got Louisa's shares.

• Love 2

I like the episode. 

I really felt bad for Rafeal in this episode. He had to deal with a lot and I mean a lot. Louisa's excuses for why she is giving her vote to Petra irritated me. I mean this is the guy who put his hotel on the line for her. She should admit she was mad at him for not helping her stay out of mental institution. 

I feel like the twin is not who he says he is. I feel like the good one is the one that died and Zaz is still alive. 

• Love 4

Because Luisa is a bit of a ditz.  She got it into her head that Rafael was only sorry because he was driven financially.  That isn't true. He busted her out of the institution and apologized for not believing her before Emilio was suspected to be dead. She then was very easily swayed by Petra's brief mention of a shaman. For some reason, Luisa thought Rafael was driven by money and Petra was not.  Petra---who wanted Luisa to impregnate her so she could get more money out of Rafael.  Petra, who called the board meeting immediately following Emilio's funeral.  Petra, all of whose actions scream "power play."  Luisa did it to "save" Rafael from himself but it was an idiotic decision on her part.

I did not get why Rafael was so after Louisa's shares and why Petra thought she was the boss before she got Louisa's shares.

I'm not so sure why Petra thought she was on top with only 33% of the hotel.  However, Rafael only asked for Luisa to "assign" her shares to him after she declared she wanted nothing to do with the hotel.  If she wanted something to do with the hotel, they could create a voting block.  I think he would've been okay with either option.

Onto other things, I do like the way they set up the ILYs in this episode.  Jane got Rafael to be vulnerable by doing so herself. 

Emilio has to have more money than just some hotel shares, correct? 

The pseudo telenovela scenes were terrific.  I thought Michael and Rafael were going to kiss passionately in their "fake" scene. 

I feel less sympathetic towards Luisa's insemination mistake now that I've learned that she cheated on Alison first.  Yeah, they weren't married but clearly the torch she carries was for Rose and not her wife.

I do not like the looks of the new telenovela Rogelio is in. 

Overall, I thought this episode was terrific and full of action.  I'm only sorry we have to wait until March 9th for more episodes, especially when it has built some ratings momentum the past few weeks.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5

Yeah, I think so too.

I really felt bad for Rafeal in this episode. He had to deal with a lot and I mean a lot. Louisa's excuses for why she is giving her vote to Petra irritated me. I mean this is the guy who put his hotel on the line for her. She should admit she was mad at him for not helping her stay out of mental institution. 

I feel like the twin is not who he says he is. I feel like the good one is the one that died and Zaz is still alive. 

Because Luisa is a bit of a ditz.  She got it into her head that Rafael was only sorry because he was driven financially.  That isn't true. He busted her out of the institution and apologized for not believing her before Emilio was suspected to be dead. She then was very easily swayed by Petra's brief mention of a shaman. For some reason, Luisa thought Rafael was driven by money and Petra was not.  Petra---who wanted Luisa to impregnate her so she could get more money out of Rafael.  Petra, who called the board meeting immediately following Emilio's funeral.  Petra, all of whose actions scream "power play."  Luisa did it to "save" Rafael from himself but it was an idiotic decision on her part.

I agree with all of that... and have to add that Luisa is a dumbass, and just generally sucks as a person.  Poor Raphael.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 3

You know, I think so, too. I felt like that "good twin" thing was an act and the, "I look forward to getting to know you," comment to Petra was BS as well. If that's the case, then I wonder how and why Aaron was in the hotel... was he impersonating Zaz? And now Zaz is impersonating Aaron? Oh boy, lol. And what were Saz/Aaron and Rafael talking about in the last episode? I thought maybe Rafael had helped Rose get away (not knowing she was Sin Rostro) and Saz/Aaron was in on it but Rafael didn't seem to be in on any of the Rose stuff.

The telenovela gags were funny, the Michael/Rafael one was my favorite. ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention the goofy "Michael's plans" sequence, with him smiling like a big doofus in all the photos. I love when they use the actor's dorkiness like that.

I was a little confused by the Rafael/Jane "we don't know each other" stuff because didn't they make a big deal about how they stayed up all night talking? Of course, I doubt they'd have covered everything in one night but the stress over not knowing each other's favorite songs... I guess the real issue was trust but still. I did feel bad for Rafael in this episode... his dad was murdered by his stepmother, who's a criminal, Petra's powertripping again, and Luisa's being a gigantic ditz. At least he has Jane... maybe he should ditch the (apparently floundering) hotel and all the drama that comes with it (that'll never happen, haha).

Since the show usually reveals things right away, I expected to see what Rose looked like but they held onto that one! The (wo)man without a face... did she change her looks? Will we see a new actress in the role, with the original actor's voice? Knowing this show, it'll probably be even wackier than that, lol!

Edited by omgsowicked

Like the thought that Zaz is really alive (poor good twin brother). Maybe we get some revenge on Petra? She really was a bitch to Rafael. Louisa was the worst- way to repay the guy that put his hotel on the line so you can practice medicine. Rose will probably kill your dumb ass anyways, or maybe she's going to revenge her father's death. If she did that, all will be forgiven.

Raf and Jane made me cry- they are just so sweet. Xo and Rogelio continue to be awesome as well.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

Interesting that Rafael's favorite song is about the desperation of poverty. I wonder what that means. Is he in fact afraid of not having money? Does he secretly yearn for a life in which his challenges are more simple and fundamental? Or does he just like the tune? It doesn't seem meaningless in an episode where Luisa is accusing him of being all about the money. Even though he risked his shares to insure her, and only didn't lose them because Jane decided to drop the suit. Luisa is such an ingrate.

I absolutely loved Jane seeing things through the telenovela lens, including how the clothes turned purple.

Zaz 2.0 version "Aaron" said his brother had told him so much about Petra...but supposedly los hermanos Zazo hadn't been in contact in years. Either that is Roman, or something else is going on...like either the brothers were closer than reported or he is helping Rafael by manipulating Petra.

• Love 1

I love how the plot just keeps moving along, but my fav parts has to be Jane seeing everything as telenovelas. I loled that Rogelio will work with his enemy on a space telenovela so that he can stay in Miami. I really hope it provides lots of lulz that The Passion of Santos set did.

• Love 2
What a bitch. Gotta give the actress credit - she makes me hate Petra one moment and root for her the next.

I tend to like villains if they write them well, so I overall don't hate Petra. I actually liked her when she came back triumphant and fired the Gabriel guy.

But she does get me to go from "what a bitch!" to "poor Petra!" a lot. She has been one of the surprises to me. When she was first introduced I thought she was going to be so flat and boring.

So yes, Rafael reacted badly to Petra overtaking the hotel, and was an ass towards Luisa as a result. he realized it pretty quickly, too. But one question - if he has 1/3 and Luisa has 1/3 and Petra has 1/3... There's no majority anywhere... Why was it so important for Rafael to get Louisa's share? Was it to not disappoint his father?

With no majority he would've had to be fighting Petra all the time and would have no power over her to shut her down. Getting Luisa's shares gave him that power and then Petra couldn't be able to overcome him. I'm glad Luisa just gave Petra her voting powers not the actual shares, tho. That would've been too much.

What irked me, however, wasn't that Rafael wanted the shares so bad, but that they ignored the fact that the Marbella is just ONE of their hotels, no? That's what I understood, that it was one of his father's hotels, and he threw it Rafael's way so he could prove himself. So he could literally tell Petra to shove it up her ass and just move on to the next. Now, I know they wouldn't do that because the show is set there, but I'm a nitpicker and think about details like that.

There's something off about that Aaron guy, but I don't know if he's Zaz. The whole deal with Rafael paying his ransom money makes me doubt, unless that was himself getting money out of Rafael.

Anyway, this was such a great episode! It was really packed and they really went for the laughs. The telenovela gags were really funny.

I was meh on the Rafael-Jane plot, mainly because I kept thinking that Jane checking the room was a matter of curiosity and not some BIG ISSUE OF TRUST DUN DUN DUN. Maybe it's because I'm a curious person, too, and I wouldn't have been able to resist.

Kind of lukewarm on Luisa and Rose after this episode. Actually, not lukewarm, but conflicted. If only Rose wasn't an evil criminal who had her committed and killed her father! *sobs* I did like a lot that her feelings for Luisa were real and I liked their backstory, though Rose's wig was so painful to look at today. They better not change Bridget, tho! No, no, no. Do not want. And I was so happy that it was plainly stated that Rose was a lesbian. That doesn't always happen, and I didn't expect it. So, thanks, show.  I read somewhere that the actresses were juggling Jane with other projects, and I gotta say that it feels like their storyline is dictated by their schedules or something. Come and go, come and go, come and go...

• Love 2
ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention the goofy "Michael's plans" sequence, with him smiling like a big doofus in all the photos. I love when they use the actor's dorkiness like that.

I loved that sequence. There were two laugh out loud scenes for me: The photo of Michael and Jane's imaginary family, and Rose referring to the delivery man as "basic."

I have to give credit to the actor who plays Aaron/Zaz. He seemed like a totally different person as Aaron with a different demeanor and more smiling. I wouldn't have even thought of Zaz if they had not mentioned him.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 2

Next week is a 2 hr Dog Show, don't know why no Jane for 3/2.

Couple thoughts: if Rose kills Luisa, I think Rafael will probably inherit her shares. Also, Rafael said he has Luisa's Power of Attorney. That's not a one-shot deal just to get her out of the institution. He can do almost everything with that. I hope this comes into play quickly regarding the assignment of shares. It just bugs that Petra has her voting rights, Rafael can probably reverse that in Luisa's absence.

• Love 2

I think Petra thought owning 1/3 share of the hotel made it possible for her to stay at the hotel, and be a thorn in Rafael's side.  With that said, I kind of wish Luisa had kept her 1/3 share.. could you see Petra/Rafael at an impasse and ditzy Luisa is the deciding vote?  That could have given us a couple of episodes of interesting going ons at the hotel.

With that said, it felt like chapter 14 kind of tied up some loose ends.. with Luisa being freed from the hospital, Xo/Rogelio becoming a couple, and Petra becoming majority owner of the hotel as revenge.. and ending with Luisa disappearing to go with Rose.. I think.

I do question where the show will go from episode 15 to the end of the season?  I guess the network wants us to stew on that.. with it not coming back until March 9th.  Do network executives not understand that telenovelas/prime time soaps can't sustain breaks like self-contained shows?  Did CW not learn anything from when they did that to Ringer a few years back?

Way too much Raf. I mean, I get why, but I don’t care about him regardless.
Petra’s change of fortune is too quick. Plus her main scene partner in this episode is Raf, and their relationship isn’t very exciting to me. Throwing Milos back in as a complicating factor, rather than just a tool to get her power, should improve that. She does look super gorgeous in her first outfit, I must say.
Luisa makes me feel many mixed emotions; she’s at alternate times funny, clever, sad, and frustratingly naive. It’ll be exciting if she is in fact off to join supervillain Rose.

Good for Xo/Ro giving themselves another shot. Cute to see how adamant Ro is about “dad.”

• Love 2

Who do I have to beg to get one ep that doesn't have any Jane/Rafael in it? I need a break. Honestly they are getting dangerously close to ruining the show for me and that makes me so sad.

If I am going to be forced to sit through endless scenes of Jane/Rafael they could at least give me like one Petra/Michael scene to make up for it!

I alternate between not giving a shit about Rafael and actively hating him. JB is just not a very good actor. He was pretty great in the telenovela scenes though.

I didn't even consider that the twin is actually Zaz, but I bet you guys are right. Although now that it's been brought up it seems so tired to me and I think it'd actually be better if he was indeed the twin.

I love Luisa and I loved all her scenes in this ep. I wish she hadn't gone off with Rose though, if only because I assume she won't be in any eps for awhile.

LOL at the promo playing up a huge twist only to just say what it was at the end. Even the promos for this show are too fast!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Who do I have to beg to get one ep that doesn't have any Jane/Rafael in it? I need a break. Honestly they are getting dangerously close to ruining the show for me and that makes me so sad.

If I am going to be forced to sit through endless scenes of Jane/Rafael they could at least give me like one Petra/Michael scene to make up for it!

I'm with you peachmangosteen. Rafael is soo boring to me even moreso when he's with Jane. The less screen-time he gets the better for me. Apart from that, I'm fully declaring my love for this show.

Rogelio with his "Dad" schtick and him moping around the house was hilarious! I'm glad that he got some happiness (and released that sexual tension) with Xo, finally! His new show looks hilariously bad too so I hope we get more clips of it.

Luisa my love. You're a little crazy and plenty gullible but I still love you. Her lines about the delivery guy, sitting on her dad, meeting Rose for the first time...I was cracking up the entire time. Yara Martinez' comedic timing is so on point and I hope we see more of her. Also I will not be happy if we lose Rose's face too. I'm still recovering from the loss of the glorious red hair.

I switch between hating Petra and loving her in almost every single episode, even when she's being a villain. Credit to Yael Grobglas for that. Her eyes though! So good.

Jane made me side-eye her with her disdain for Livin' On A Prayer but brought me right back with her OITNB reference (and hey Lina, welcome back).

One last thing. My favourite part about the show is how they wrap up certain story lines quickly. On other shows, the whole Sin Rostro mystery and investigation would have been spread over half the season or longer to the point where I would be absolutely not interested in the answers.

Also: March 9th?! WTF?!

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 2

I find Rafael endlessly entertaining, even when I think he's being an idiot. That's why they put him in so many scenes; all for ME :).

But Rafael, maybe the reason Jane doesn't trust you is that you keep secrets from her and she keeps catching you in things that seem shady. Maybe? Have you considered that? Maybe she would trust you more if you let her in on what was happening before she had to wonder about it. I did like that she told him that trust takes time and they barely know each other, and that he accepted that. It's nice to have a telenovela in which they don't break up over every little spat and can deal with their issues maturely.

Petra is such a great complex character. I both like her and hate her at the same time. She can't just collect the money from her 1/3 of the shares and go about her life of leisure as before, no, she has to make Rafael's life miserable. I still want to know why Rafael's feelings for her suddenly changed during his cancer treatment. But on the plus side, I loved her shoes when she made her grand return to the hotel.

• Love 3

I love how the plot just keeps moving along, but my fav parts has to be Jane seeing everything as telenovelas. I loled that Rogelio will work with his enemy on a space telenovela so that he can stay in Miami. I really hope it provides lots of lulz that The Passion of Santos set did.

It's one of the many things I like about this show - they don't drag the storylines. 

I think the space telenovela will be a hoot and a half!

I think Petra thought owning 1/3 share of the hotel made it possible for her to stay at the hotel, and be a thorn in Rafael's side.  With that said, I kind of wish Luisa had kept her 1/3 share.. could you see Petra/Rafael at an impasse and ditzy Luisa is the deciding vote?  That could have given us a couple of episodes of interesting going ons at the hotel.

It would have been very funny to see them both get so exasperated with Luisa's free spirit, suggesting things that do not make sense financially, etc... Luisa does still own her shares, so maybe this will be in the cards anyway?

I alternate between not giving a shit about Rafael and actively hating him. JB is just not a very good actor. He was pretty great in the telenovela scenes though.

I love Luisa and I loved all her scenes in this ep. I wish she hadn't gone off with Rose though, if only because I assume she won't be in any eps for awhile.

I know you are not a fan of Rafael, but this show is about Jane and since Rafael is her love interest... I'm afraid they can't exactly go around and not have any scenes with these two in it. I actually found his vulnerable scene with Jane to be quite believable.

I wonder if Luisa has really gone with Rose? Is she running away with her? Has she gone to find her to avenge her father? Did she simply disappeared to go see her shaman?

I switch between hating Petra and loving her in almost every single episode, even when she's being a villain. Credit to Yael Grobglas for that. Her eyes though! So good.

Her facial expressions are priceless. I love to hate her and love to love her, all at the same time. :)

• Love 4

Considering there's currently an indian drama on TV about a bunch of people climbing Mount Everest, the telenovela in space made me laugh out loud so much. 

I really like Rafael, and I really liked his scenes with Jane. I'm glad that they're fighting, but I'm even more glad they made up. That scene with them in the morning was really cute. 

I'm super curious about Zaz and Aaron. Like another person said, if Aaron and Zaz hadn't been speaking, how did Aaron know about Petra?

I wonder what they're going to do with Rose. The narrator said that she has a different face, but does that mean that they've cast another person and are just going to use the old voice, or is someone going to have to spend a lot of time in makeup from now on? 

• Love 2

So, my theory regarding Aaron: As others have said, Zaz killed his brother Aaron and is now posing as Aaron to re-infiltrate the hotel. My guess is that he's doing this as part of Rose's plan, what with Rose, last episode, declaring that they need to move up their timetable. It's clear from the letter, etc., that Rose was planning to fly the coop for a while, and she may have known that the cops were onto Zaz, so they faked his death to allow him to start fresh and carry out the next phase of their plan, whatever that is.

• Love 3
I wonder what they're going to do with Rose. The narrator said that she has a different face, but does that mean that they've cast another person and are just going to use the old voice, or is someone going to have to spend a lot of time in makeup from now on?

No, I'm pretty sure he posed it as a question. Like "how come were are not seeing her face? Oooh, maybe she changed it?" or something like that. It's pretty obvious she changed her look (at the very least has shorter blonde hair now), but I'm hoping they didn't change Rose's face. I would cry. Metaphorically.

So, my theory regarding Aaron: As others have said, Zaz killed his brother Aaron and is now posing as Aaron to re-infiltrate the hotel. My guess is that he's doing this as part of Rose's plan, what with Rose, last episode, declaring that they need to move up their timetable. It's clear from the letter, etc., that Rose was planning to fly the coop for a while, and she may have known that the cops were onto Zaz, so they faked his death to allow him to start fresh and carry out the next phase of their plan, whatever that is.

this is actually a pretty good theory.

I'm surprised Luisa didn't stay and try to turn the hotel into an ashram. Maybe that's coming? She must really love Rose...or really want revenge. Or perhaps she is afraid of Rose and wants to hide from her?

I'm surprised Luisa didn't stay and try to turn the hotel into an ashram. Maybe that's coming? She must really love Rose...or really want revenge. Or perhaps she is afraid of Rose and wants to hide from her?

I think she loves Rose for real, and Rose loves HER for real. When Michael was interrogating Luisa she already knew who Rose was and that she killed Emilio, yet she was beaming while telling her story, and the narrator was all "and then Luisa proceeded to tell the greatest love story ever told" or something along those lines, which implied that that's how Luisa sees their affair. Luisa is kind of nutty, to be honest. But she's endearing so I forgive her. Just like Rose is evil, but her loving Luisa redeems her some for me. And Petra can be awful, but has also known fear and abuse, so I go from "what a Bitch!" to "Poor Petra" all the time. And Rogelio can be sooo in love with himself, but it's endearing how much it matters to him that Jane is his daughter. Etc and Etc.

This series is pretty good at characters, I think.

• Love 4

I do agree that the show is pretty good at providing layers to all of their characters, even Jane.

To me, this is a pretty big indicator that the show runners know that to make a telenovela successful to an english speaking audience in the US, that the bad guys have to have layers.  We've seen that with Petra especially.. she is like the Willemina of this show.  I do hope that she has her happy ending as well.

I don't understand why Rafael and Jane were registering for baby gifts. They are loaded. Well, Rafael is loaded and Jane does okay, and surely between them they can come up with all the baby stuff they need. And are they really going to let Lina tell people to give them cash? Tacky. Since they don't actually need anything, the baby shower guests should just get to pick out cute frivolous baby clothes and kids' books to give them. I can't imagine going to a baby shower for wealthy parents and handing over money.

I know they needed to product-place Target but couldn't they just have gone shopping for baby stuff?

• Love 4

I know you are not a fan of Rafael, but this show is about Jane and since Rafael is her love interest... I'm afraid they can't exactly go around and not have any scenes with these two in it.

Why not? The show is about Jane sure, but she has a father, a mother, a grandmother, an ex-fiance, and a best friend that she can interact with. I at least don't think every ep needs to be like 50% about Jane/Rafael. I wouldn't even want this much of a ship I actually liked.

• Love 1

Two small details I have forgotten to mention:

1-When Rose calls Luisa, did anyone think her voice sounded different? Maybe it was my imagination but I thought it did. Does that mean someone else is going to play Rose (assuming she did change her face, like the sexy narrator man said)? 

2-When Petra sees Aaron in the elevator, he says his brother told him all about Petra. Didn't Petra say in the episode after Zaz's death that the brothers were estranged? And didn't Rafael say the brothers did not have contact (when he explained Aaron to Micheal)? This could point to Aaron being Zaz, like many of you pointed out (yes, I am that slow LOL)

1-When Rose calls Luisa, did anyone think her voice sounded different? Maybe it was my imagination but I thought it did. Does that mean someone else is going to play Rose (assuming she did change her face, like the sexy narrator man said)? 

I think the voice was definitely Bridget Regan's. But if Rose changed her face then I guess someone else will have to start playing her if she returns.

• Love 1

Why not? The show is about Jane sure, but she has a father, a mother, a grandmother, an ex-fiance, and a best friend that she can interact with. I at least don't think every ep needs to be like 50% about Jane/Rafael. I wouldn't even want this much of a ship I actually liked.

Well, the show really is centered around the two of them. Jane, her pregnancy, her mom, her abuela, Rogelio... Then Rafael, with his dad and Rose and Luisa, Petra and Zaz... I mean, all of the current storylines are related to them one way or another, together or individually. Anyway, I am not trying to convince you, I'm just seeing it differently, I guess.

• Love 2

I guess you are right. I still don't think it's totally ridiculous for there to be an ep that isn't at least 50% about Jane/Rafael's relationship. They can both still be in it, but they could just not interact.

Speaking of them, I was so happy when they addressed that the know literally nothing about each other and have actually only known each other for like a couple months. But then they said they loved each other anyway and I was just like 'sigh.' I think in this case the fast pace of the show just isn't a good writing idea.

I don't understand why Rafael and Jane were registering for baby gifts. They are loaded. Well, Rafael is loaded and Jane does okay, and surely between them they can come up with all the baby stuff they need. And are they really going to let Lina tell people to give them cash? Tacky. Since they don't actually need anything, the baby shower guests should just get to pick out cute frivolous baby clothes and kids' books to give them. I can't imagine going to a baby shower for wealthy parents and handing over money.

I know they needed to product-place Target but couldn't they just have gone shopping for baby stuff?

I don't understand why they are doing a baby shower when Jane is supposed to be how many months? Not even six, I think. Hell, maybe not even 5. Wasn't she like 20 weeks or something in the episode before this, the one about the amnio?

Two small details I have forgotten to mention:

2-When Petra sees Aaron in the elevator, he says his brother told him all about Petra. Didn't Petra say in the episode after Zaz's death that the brothers were estranged? And didn't Rafael say the brothers did not have contact (when he explained Aaron to Micheal)? This could point to Aaron being Zaz, like many of you pointed out (yes, I am that slow LOL)

1. I think the voice was Bridget.

2. I thought so too. His scene with Petra was the one that made him look dodgy to me. I was buying him until then. But there was something off in him then. Almost like he enjoyed seeing Petra freaked out.

I think the voice was definitely Bridget Regan's. But if Rose changed her face then I guess someone else will have to start playing her if she returns.

They better not! They better not!

• Love 2
2. I thought so too. His scene with Petra was the one that made him look dodgy to me. I was buying him until then. But there was something off in him then. Almost like he enjoyed seeing Petra freaked out.

He was definitely enjoying seeing Petra freak out. I'm looking forward to Maybe But Maybe Not Zaz throwing Petra off. I just love the actress when Petra is thrown for a loop. She makes her such a great villain.

The novela scene with Rafael and Michael had me howling. I'm guessing the actors had a lot of fun with it.

• Love 1

I think rich people have baby showers. It's more for the cute gifts, and Jane isn't "rich." In Indian baby showers most people usually give cash. Just because Raf has money, it doesn't mean that Jane should be deprived of a fun party for herself and her baby to be.

I like Raf and Jane so I'm ok with their screen time. I really liked Michael so I was ready to be resistant to those two, but I'm glad they are addressing that they don't know eachother so well and seem to complement one another.

• Love 2
I was a little confused by the Rafael/Jane "we don't know each other" stuff because didn't they make a big deal about how they stayed up all night talking?

I think it was a combination of many things.  She knew Rafael was hiding something and it escalated when Michael shared his suspicions. Then her best friend gave her a sheet full of mostly trivial question she didn't think she could answer.  And she panicked because she also realized she was in love with him--a man whose favorite song she didn't know.  Jane's a planner and everything about this probably doesn't sit well with that side of her.  I think that's why she got all concerned about not knowing each other very well. 

But ultimately, I think she calmed down because she realized that Jane being able to say "This is why I felt the way I did" and Rafael being able to say "I hear you and respect those feelings" is far more important in the long run than knowing his favorite song is "Living On A Prayer."  That's trivial stuff that will be learned in time and knowing it is far less indicative of a successful relationship.

I was meh on the Rafael-Jane plot, mainly because I kept thinking that Jane checking the room was a matter of curiosity and not some BIG ISSUE OF TRUST DUN DUN DUN. Maybe it's because I'm a curious person, too, and I wouldn't have been able to resist.

Jane works in a hotel.  She should know she should not break the covenant of the "Do Not Disturb" sign.  I haaate it when hotel employees ignore that.  If I need more towels, I will get them later.  No I don't want my room cleaned.  I want to SLEEP.  [sorry my mind wandered to a bad hotel experience at an expensive hotel.]

• Love 4

I have no problem with them having a shower to celebrate and getting gifts. I just think asking for money is tacky. And as a guest, I HATE being told what to buy for people. So what if they get two of the same thing? If they can't use both, they can exchange one. I think the point of baby showers is to be able to go buy something ridiculously cute.

I also hate hate hate it when hotel employees ignore the Do Not Disturb sign. I put it there because I don't want you to wake me up!!! Not to ask if I am sure I don't need anything! Not to offer me towels! For no reason unless I am in danger of imminent death! Do. Not. Disturb.

I think it was a combination of many things.  She knew Rafael was hiding something and it escalated when Michael shared his suspicions. Then her best friend gave her a sheet full of mostly trivial question she didn't think she could answer.  And she panicked because she also realized she was in love with him--a man whose favorite song she didn't know.  Jane's a planner and everything about this probably doesn't sit well with that side of her.  I think that's why she got all concerned about not knowing each other very well. 

But ultimately, I think she calmed down because she realized that Jane being able to say "This is why I felt the way I did" and Rafael being able to say "I hear you and respect those feelings" is far more important in the long run than knowing his favorite song is "Living On A Prayer."  That's trivial stuff that will be learned in time and knowing it is far less indicative of a successful relationship.

I couldn't agree more. I think you nailed it. Jane being a planner, not knowing all about Rafael and realizing she loves him, all of that must have been terrifying for her. And I think Rafael, who has been guarding his feelings from Petra for a while now, has a hard time remembering what it is like to be in a healthy relationship. He got burned with Petra betraying him, so trusting others with his feelings must be a hard thing for him.

• Love 1

Honestly, I'm not crazy about Rafael in general, and the actor doesn't help any. Justin Baldoni just doesn't do anything for me, and I think his blandness is even more pronounced when he goes up against Gina and Yael and Yara, all of whom seem to have a lot more verve than he does. I've found that I'm usually only interested in his character when he's getting fucked over. So to that end, I say, go Petra and Luisa! 

That said, oh Luisa, can't you see when you're being manipulated? Of course she can't, she's a total space cadet. I find her Cloud Cuckoolander status amusing for the most part, but damn, she's a mess. 

And god, I loved that the narrator called out Woody Allen's creepiness. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 4

How many people even have a favorite song? I have like a hundred favorite songs and they change all the time. It would be about the least important thing for a potential partner to know about me. I know it was just the thing that triggered Jane realizing how little she knows Rafael, not an important item in and of itself. But I agree with the commenter above who said that knowing you can listen to and respect each other and talk about things maturely is more important than knowing random facts about each other. I think some couples are together for years and know many many things about each other but never get to that level of functionality that Jane and Rafael have already. That plus the fact that they are having a baby and will be connected regardless makes it reasonable to me that their relationship has a level of commitment and seriousness beyond what would be normal for the length of time they have been together.

I have never seen a telenovela. Do the protagonists always have such a hard time findind happiness?

Pretty much. Everything conspires against them. If there aren't enough outside forces trying to keep them apart, their own stupidity and dysfunction will do the trick for awhile.

• Love 4

I also hate hate hate it when hotel employees ignore the Do Not Disturb sign. I put it there because I don't want you to wake me up!!! Not to ask if I am sure I don't need anything! Not to offer me towels! For no reason unless I am in danger of imminent death! Do. Not. Disturb.

Except she did not really break the etiquette of the sign, because she saw Raphael put the sign on the door.  So it was actually an "I'm hiding someone here" sign. 

• Love 1

Except she did not really break the etiquette of the sign, because she saw Raphael put the sign on the door.  So it was actually an "I'm hiding someone here" sign. 

But the guest could have asked him to put it out.  The sign was on the door.