Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Live Finale: A New Celebrity Apprentice Is Crowned!

"Highly functioning" is a term usually applied to alcoholics or those with mental deficiencies. Leeza is neither. For Gerardildo to refer to her as such was petty, insensitive and mean-spirited. He's such a douchebag.

Even worse, since the charity he was playing for helped people and kids with autism and other issues.

• Love 7

I thought it was very sweet the way she said that and pointed him to the camera when she was hugging him after her win was announced. That's one of those small things that just shows why Leeza is such a great and effective leader. She gives credit where credit is due and in an environment where people don't do that and want to take credit for everything themselves, it's really nice.

I'm glad Leeza gave Kevin his much deserved credit also.  It infuriated me to no end how Geraldo was allowed to basically sabotage the project that Kevin was project manager on.  The scene where Kevin was meeting with the brand people (can't remember what they are called) and Geraldo was on his cell phone talking loudly and pacing back and forth was just foul.  Even after being asked repeatedly to take it outside, he refused and was acting like a humongous douchebag.  And then to not allow Kevin to address the one element that was missing from their commercial (which ultimately caused them to lose) to me was the last straw.  Geraldo knew what he was doing and all because this youngster had the nerve to challenge him during the first project and had a larger fan base than he did and it was eating him up. I've lost all respect for Geraldo.  And when he took off his clothes and was flouncing around with those weights I felt all kinds of secondhand embarrassment for him.  He may be in pretty good shape for his age, but he is far from buff.  And you could tell he was holding his stomach in.  He's so full of himself it's pathetic!

• Love 8

Ugh. Geraldo wasn on Wendy Williams Show today and this smuggo said "Rather be the person people think should have won than winner who people think should have lost. " she jokingly said "the show revealed something about him she didn't know." He asked "WHAT?" and seemed clueless. Wendy shouted that he's a jerk. LOL

The weird thing is, Geraldildo sees the world through those rose-colored glasses he's always wearing.  They filter out reality for him, so he truly does think that the whole world is saying "Geraldo should have won!"   Dude, you're not Clay Aiken, not even close. If Geraldo HAD won, Leeza would have been the Clay Aiken of the season. 

"Highly functioning" is a term usually applied to alcoholics or those with mental deficiencies. Leeza is neither. For Gerardildo to refer to her as such was petty, insensitive and mean-spirited. He's such a douchebag.

Yep - he's working for a charity for people with Autism.  High-functioning refers to autistic people who can live in the community, not in an institution, can work, go to school, etc, in contrast to lower-functioning autistic individuals who need more supervision and care.  For him to refer to Leeza as "high functioning"  was very much an insult dressed up as a compliment.  

As much as I did not like Ian, he gave Geraldo the perfect nickname when he called him Geraldildo.   

• Love 8

I think the level of the entertainers came down to "whoever you can get for no more than scale."  Long gone are the days where the show would spring for the Backstreet Boys and/or Def Leppard.  That being said, ONJ's voice certainly has held up.

Trump stepped on a lot of people's lines during the show; I figure that either he was deliberately trying to make himself look pushy and obnoxious (i.e., playing to his image), or he just isn't that great a TV presenter (he does what, one show a year live?  It's not his day job, after all). 

I think Olivia was lip synching.  No band behind her and she didn't even do the whole song. 

I also noticed Trump was cutting people off. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Who knew Ian was a master of shade? Love how he praised Geraldo in the boardroom: "He lost 5 in a row, yet stayed above the fray!" I reckon even Trump got in on it: "Geraldo, I think you've shown the world what kind of guy you are." 

Whatever new work Brandi got done for the live show was subtle and perfectly enhancing, along with the contouring. Geraldo looked a lot better, too.

• Love 1

Something else just occurred to me. When they showed the exterior of Trump Tower, it appeared that all of the Lights in the sign were out with the exception of "O" and half the "W". Was I imagining that?

I saw G'dildo and DT being interviewed yesterday.  The "I'm gonna take my time" remark was about DT's first carving out his time and energy for a potential run for the presidency.  He said he had not signed any contract with any specific timelines, but that NBC wanted to make the announcement last night that there would be another season.  DT ws fine, in principle with the potential deal, but he pointedly refuses to sign any contracts as of now.

DT was very well aware that G'dildo was well respected, but not well liked by the audience.  Leeza was adored by most.  So, he was relieved that Leeza did so well on her task, making it easier for him to choose her.  

• Love 2

Geraldo was a capable young journeyman reporter who broke a major story at a time the public was ready to hear about it and do something about it.  He deserves lots of credit for that.  The attention and praise he got for it, however, convinced him that he was the newsman di tutti newsmen, a successor to Morrow, the man Cronkite wished he were, etc.  He partied and expected the waters to part wherever he went.  It all came crashing down with Al Capone's vault fiasco (because, as Brian Williams is learning, mistakes and even bad acts can be forgiven, but once you become a joke, it's over).  So he became Mr. hard bitten reporter turned talk show host covering the big issues of the day for daytime talk.  He got hit in the face with a chair.  By a Neonazi.  He got married a lot and had his picture taken a lot.  

I am sure he has continued to work with his charity through the years and good for him for doing so.    But he makes Donald Trump look modest and introspective.  

• Love 9

I finally watched the finale off my DVR.  Did anyone notice something strange in the Boardroom discussion of the phone?  When the phone episode aired, Vivica called Kenya a "dirty ass bitch" in the Boardroom.  When they replayed that scene in the finale, it sounded like she called Kenya a "dirty bird."  Could some looping have been done or am I imagining things? 

I noticed that also. A different theory of this whole thing popped up the other day. I don't think Kenya would do anything to self-sabotoge, nor do I think she's that dumb. What if Geraldo did it? With the thought that Vivica would most likely blame Kenya, a fight would ensue. And there he sat, quietly, not saying a word. Sort of brilliant in a scummy way, if you think about it. He figured it would get one of them fired, and it worked. It's along the same lines of what he did to get Kevin fired, the obnoxious way he talked on the phone when the guest executives were there for the meeting. All of this combined with his general ugly attitude toward his teammates makes me even happier that he didn't win.

• Love 2

I still can't believe he once chose that a-hole Piers Morgan, but at least he didn't pick Geraldo.

Piers didn't give him a choice; he was able to use Trump's words against him to frame the competition as being all about money raised. Trump has made it clear ever since that the money is just one factor, and has gotten so vague about what else could be considered he's now free to pick whomever he wants.

• Love 2

I am so glad Leeza won if she didnt i was not going to watch this show anymore best part of the night was when Leeza reminded Geraldo how she dug his losing team out of the hole.  His facial expression was priceless there was nothing more he could say and the fact that she raised more money than him sealed the deal she had to win! 

• Love 3

I saw G'dildo and DT being interviewed yesterday.  The "I'm gonna take my time" remark was about DT's first carving out his time and energy for a potential run for the presidency.  He said he had not signed any contract with any specific timelines, but that NBC wanted to make the announcement last night that there would be another season.  DT ws fine, in principle with the potential deal, but he pointedly refuses to sign any contracts as of now.

Gawd, the only thing worse than a Trump presidency would be a G'Dildo vice presidency.

• Love 1

Wait ... I haven't watched this episode yet, but it featured Tony Orlando and Yellow Ribbon? I cannot imagine the circumstances that would lead to that if it doesn't involve an AARP cruise.

If I am going to stay on a theme resort property, for the cash required of doing such, it's gonna be Disney 100 times out of 100.

Enh. I found Universal more interesting and satisfying. And I spent less!

• Love 1

I finally watched the finale off my DVR.  Did anyone notice something strange in the Boardroom discussion of the phone?  When the phone episode aired, Vivica called Kenya a "dirty ass bitch" in the Boardroom.  When they replayed that scene in the finale, it sounded like she called Kenya a "dirty bird."  Could some looping have been done or am I imagining things? 

I remember "dirty bird" from the original episode, mainly because it sounded so old-fashioned that it made me laugh. But I think she also called her a "low-down dirty bitch" during that argument. So probably when they showed the clips in the finale, they just didn't include the latter.

I noticed that also. A different theory of this whole thing popped up the other day. I don't think Kenya would do anything to self-sabotoge, nor do I think she's that dumb. What if Geraldo did it? With the thought that Vivica would most likely blame Kenya, a fight would ensue. And there he sat, quietly, not saying a word. Sort of brilliant in a scummy way, if you think about it. He figured it would get one of them fired, and it worked. It's along the same lines of what he did to get Kevin fired, the obnoxious way he talked on the phone when the guest executives were there for the meeting. All of this combined with his general ugly attitude toward his teammates makes me even happier that he didn't win.

While I think Geraldo is an ass, I find it highly doubtful that he stole the phone, sent the tweet and set up Kenya to take the fall.  One, he would have to know that Kenya would see the tweet and use it in the boardroom.  I find that highly doubtful.  Secondly, Geraldo is not going to do something that is a crime for a chance to win a reality tv series when if it came out could easily mean the end of his career at Fox News.  It would be way too much risk with not nearly enough reward.  

Kenya might have done it...maybe.  Geraldo....definitely not.  

• Love 6

At any rate, since it was never answered in the final boardroom what happened, I suspect it was much ado about nothing. Someone within the show knows, but since Vivica never reported her phone being stolen to police, she must not have been too concerned.

I personally can't imagine the NYPD doing much with a report of a stolen phone, even with someone tweeting (once) as you off of it, beyond taking a report and putting it in the "stuff to look at on days when no one has a car stolen or loses a $10k+ watch" pile.  And that's assuming it was never recovered onsite.

• Love 2

I don't think if Geraldo took the phone, or, any male, they would write a text about menopause. To me, that would be a woman thing to do. Don't mean to be sexist, but, I just don't see a man thinking about menopause.

• Love 5

I don't think it would come from NYPD, I think we would have heard through Radaronline, TMZ or some other trash site. Or a blind source. I think Kenya did it and slipped it back later that night. Vivica would have said something if it were still gone. I still don't know why no one called it to find it. Unless they did and it wasn't shown (and that could have happened).

How could Kate pick Geraldo for the win when Leeza won the other task that Kate was the project manager for? OH..because Leeza's an attractive, intelligent and gracious woman who might have stolen her spotlight if she got too close????

Edited by socrose
  • Love 3

How could Kate pick Geraldo for the win when Leeza won the other task that Kate was the project manager for? OH..because Leeza's an attractive, intelligent and gracious woman who might have stolen her spotlight if she got too close????

Perhaps but probably because he's the only one who was chummy with her after they played husband and wife. She's a nobody so has to cling to whatever legitimate connections she manages.

• Love 4

I don't think if Geraldo took the phone, or, any male, they would write a text about menopause. To me, that would be a woman thing to do. Don't mean to be sexist, but, I just don't see a man thinking about menopause.

That text fit Kenya's m/o to a tee.  On the Housewives, she constantly refers to the advanced age of the other cast members (especially NeNe), even though she is just a few years younger than them.  Her hair/makeup people are her minions.  Kenya gets my vote.

• Love 4

I can't believe anyone thinks that actually happened. The "stolen phone and tweet" were all part of the show. That's why they didn't harp on it.

I don't know....anyone who has it on DVR...go back and watch Vivica's face when Kenya pulls the phone out from behind her back and then says it is her phone and laughs.  For a second Vivica thought it was her phone and was going to get her lost phone back.  And no offense to Vivica, but I don't think she's that good of an actress.  

• Love 3

Apprentice UK > Celebrity Apprentice

Lord Sugar > Donald Trump

No product placements > a TV show that's one giant ad

I don't even watch the American Apprentice franchise anymore. The Apprentice UK stays consistently awesome and the tasks are incredibly interesting and varied. I'm not sure when I stopped watching the USA Apprentice, but every single task was a marketing or advertising task for a real product and the episode was an ad for that product. The British version of the show has some marketing, but it also goes so far beyond that.

How could Kate pick Geraldo for the win when Leeza won the other task that Kate was the project manager for?

Because they polled the contestants to see who should win and they probably all said Leeza.  Then they asked who would be willing to say "Geraldo" during the live show to "keep viewers in suspense... and get another 30 seconds of airtime."  

Kate and Kenya, at your service.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 3

Can't believe they got renewed, but it was interesting how Trump said he's going to take his time with it...

I think that has to do with the network not running him if he's thinking of running for presidency.  There's media laws about air time of candidates.

Best line of the night was when Eye-an purposely mispronounced Geraldo's name as Jer-all-dildo. I'm not a big fan of Eye-an but that was great!!!

My mom's closed caption called Geraldo "Herald Dough".

I don't know why Vivica doesn't call the police, have them do a trace of her cell phone, calls made, texts sent, etc. and find out once and for all where it is. The phone is probably worth some money, right? I'd call police. I'd let authorities handle it.

Unless I had a brain fart, misplaced my phone, found it later .... and decided to remain silent and let the drama continue.

All you'd have to do is remove the sim card though I think and then it's not traceable.  No sim, no battery, no signal.

According to IMDB, Leeza co-hosted a daily syndicated "magazine" show, America Now, with Bill Rancic (!) until this past September.  She was also the executive producer.

I saw clips of the show on The Soup.  It is gawdawful.  Hopefully Leeza gets a better gig.