Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Live Finale: A New Celebrity Apprentice Is Crowned!

Gilbert was everythang, "Geraldo's great. He'll tell you himself."

Sidebar, I mentioned Sig's absence. Mr. Leisawoo said, "it must be crab season." I said, "that's why Brandi's wearing panties." Aaaaah, ba dum bum. I'll show myself out, lol.

Most awesome post of the night!!!   :-)

• Love 7

Leeza was the winner even without Trump's endorsement.  She is one of the few who came through a season without showing herself to be nothing but an undeserved ego.  She was impressive.   A class act, respectful of all, and it truly seemed like her driving force for being there was to bring attention and money for her charity.  

• Love 22

Thank you so much. Ptv forums has broadened my viewing experience. I love everyone's posts and enjoy these boards. You, all make such great contributions. I like tv again! Not cause it's improve...us of ptv!

• Love 8

Leeza was the winner even without Trump's endorsement.  She is one of the few who came through a season without showing herself to be nothing but an undeserved ego.  She was impressive.   A class act, respectful of all, and it truly seemed like her driving force for being there was to bring attention and money for her charity.

I thought it was interesting that both Trump and Ivanka said that Geraldo managed to "stay above the fray" without hiding below the radar. Um, that was Leeza! She was a leader on every task, she was a strong player throughout, and she got along with everybody! Her team won almost every time, she won the final challenge, and she even raised more money. How was this even close?!

• Love 12

I don't know why Vivica doesn't call the police, have them do a trace of her cell phone, calls made, texts sent, etc. and find out once and for all where it is. The phone is probably worth some money, right? I'd call police. I'd let authorities handle it.

Unless I had a brain fart, misplaced my phone, found it later .... and decided to remain silent and let the drama continue.

• Love 8

Hiding below the radar?  Geraldo?  He was so far above the radar I'm pretty sure he's orbiting Neptune by now...

;)

As much as I admire him for his work with LifeWORC and Willowbrook... that's about the ONLY good thing about him.  There were many more places like Willowbrook (Pennhurst comes to mind...).  I sometimes wonder if some of the celebs who are 'fond' of him really are...

• Love 4

She said it herself. During the celebration at the end, she hugged Kevin Jonas and said, "You were my secret weapon!"

I thought it was very sweet the way she said that and pointed him to the camera when she was hugging him after her win was announced. That's one of those small things that just shows why Leeza is such a great and effective leader. She gives credit where credit is due and in an environment where people don't do that and want to take credit for everything themselves, it's really nice. 

• Love 23

I watched closely at the end when all the hugs and kisses were happening. Kenya and Kate Gosselin, especially Kenya were barely tolerated by everyone they tried to hug and kiss.

Kenya was standing alone because no one wanted her near them most of the time.

• Love 7

Nada.  Celebrities don't actually win anything by being on the show....but they are willing to go on in order to raise money for their charities and for many people some much needed face time on tv.  

I think a large number of celebrities go on the show because they're fame whores, and hope to somehow boost their careers.  Some come on because their clinging to D-list celebrity, and need the cash.

A few that I think came out ahead due to their performances on the show:

Gilbert - He showed a sweetness and vulnerability I wasn't aware he had.

Kate & Brandi - Despised by most viewers of their reality shows.  Acquitted themselves well enough to impress strangers.

Lorenzo - Once known to have a massive ego.  Team player who showed humility and managed to stay out of most of the drama. 

Terrell - I've heard his rep in sports wasn't great.  Seemed harmless enough on the show. 

Vivica - Reputation as a diva.  Did have some clashes, but once paired against Kenya, came out looking the classier of the two.

Did themselves no favors:

Jamie & Shawn - Gold medal Olympians with good reputations, but came off flaky, unmotivated, or even checked out.

Ian & Jonas brother - Revealed themselves to be incredibly uptight, anal, and humorless.

Appearance probably didn't change reputation:

Sig - Looked like a rage monster to me, but his fans seem to think it's par for the course.

Johnny - Kind of dopey but harmless.

Keshia - Sympathy gained for Cosby issue and Trump's inability to pronounce her name.

Geraldo - Showed the out of control arrogant douchebag that he is, but also a reminder he was once good at his job.

Leeza - No one can top what the show might do for her.  She seemed to compete exclusively to gain attention and money for her charity.  Not one mistake or false step - which is a first.  Proved to be classy, professional, ambitious.  Prior to the show, she was probably already dismissed in the industry due to her age, would love to see her land a morning program or talk show.

• Love 11

I think he wanted to give it to his friend Geraldo, but Trump is smart enough to know that it wouldn't fly with the audience, especially the studio.  From the audience's reactions, I think he knew that she was more popular.

Also what was wrong with his wife?  She had a puss face on when she was introduced.

• Love 5

Shawn and Sig were the two that weren't there. Shawn Tweeted that she was stuck in Nashville due to weather. Sig is on his boat.

Sig had the top value yesterday on the new Evine shopping channel (formerly ShopNBC). He called in from sea for the presentations. He has a "Deadliest Catch" line of seafood (which has got to be a very bad name for seafood) (any food).

• Love 2

It was obvious that Leeza was going to win.  She did a great job.

It was obvious that she DESERVED to win - but that doesn't always guarantee a win.   Trump, can, and has, named someone a winner when they didn't deserve it.  It's his show, he can do whatever he wants. 

Thanks, everyone, for letting me know Leeza won.  I came here for the spoiler, so I wouldn't watch all the way through if Geraldildo (LOVE IT!!)  won. 

• Love 5

Leeza must have high profile friends as well, but she was smart and saved them for when she needed it instead of bragging on her money power like Geraldo.

I think she also had donators of a higher class that wouldn't really want to be associated with brash and grating asses.  Dr. Denese of Skin Science gave her 100k, which just by itself was relatively close to Geraldo's total, and it was very subtle (thank you, Adrienne). In contrast was Geraldo screaming and screeching every time one of his Fox friends came through with 10 or 15k. 

• Love 5

Lorenzo was surprisingly funny. "I thought they had a great commercial" followed by his saying that he couldn't come right out and say that Leeza's commercial was better. But it was a great commercial. Then his "apparently I'm in a show called [Geraldo's mangled name] ."

Good for Leeza. She deserved it.

Geraldo's ad: come visit. The kids'll thank you later for the trauma of being kidnapped and forced to spend the day with Geraldo. Who thinks he's Harry Potter.

• Love 6

Easily the best moment for me was after Leeza had won and was going around hugging the various celebs.  She turned to find Ian, shrugged with a huge smile, was at a complete loss for words, and they just hugged.   By Leeza standards, that was a middle finger and a giant F U.  Awesome.

I was also very happy to not see Shawn.  I also thought Keshia was treated shabbily.  There had to be more behind her shunning by DT throughout the show.

"Vacation like you mean it."???!!!!!!  What a lousy marketing campaign slogan UNiversal/Orlando chose IRL.  Wow.   They also went for "epic" in the copy.  I'm still trying to understand the allure of Castaway, which was featured prominently in the commercial.  If I am going to stay on a theme resort property, for the cash required of doing such, it's gonna be Disney 100 times out of 100.

DT very specifically said the winner of the task was going to get a $250K bonus.  I never once heard, all year, what winning the whole freaking show was worth.   

I lost a mental bet that Gilbert would bring up the horrible religious atrocities we have witnessed recently throughout the world.  We'll always have, "Mein Fuhrer," though.  GG is awesome.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 3

Funny - Geraldildo thinks of himself as an easily recognized, "ICONIC" figure.   I'm thinking not so much, especially with kids, or anyone under 30.  I checked and neither one of my kids, in their 20's, had any clue who he is.  

he also considers Tony Orlando -  one of THE SEMINAL performers in this country!  Everyone knows his songs!  Yeah, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree. Not exactly a love song in 2015.  Oh  yeah - my kids don't know who he is, either.  

Geraldo's commercial emphasized parents and kids doing things separately - not exactly what Universal is going for.  Leeza's had a much better view, of families doing things together.  Also - Leeza's viewpoint of not over-scheduling might be seen as in direct contrast to Disney's newest  invention of having a magic wristband that stores reservations for meals AND rides and shows.   When you book a trip, you're supposed to set up dates and times to go on the most popular rides, and you get reservations.  So her emphasis on NOT scheduling, was a pretty good thought.  Everyone who said that Geraldo's was "Geraldo-centric"  nailed what was wrong with it. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8

I actually cheered when Leeza won. She really deserved it. She kept it positive, worked hard, and stayed out of the drama. When she was project manager, she really paid attention to her team members' strengths and gave them roles where they could really shine, as opposed to making every task all about herself. 

• Love 7

I'm so confused as to what happened about 10 minutes before Trump announced the winner. I though Donald said to Leeza "you're the winner".

I think he meant that Leeza won the final task with that first "you're the winner."

But I was surfing around between this and Gotham/SH, so I missed the renewal talk. Was it just the usual Trumpian bluster, or did it sound legit?

He said that NBC just told them they were renewed, so I think it's legit.

If anyone other than Leeza had won, it would've been a travesty.

• Love 2

"I was also very happy to not see Shawn. I also thought Keshia was treated shabbily. There had to be more behind her shunning by DT throughout the show."

We must find the dish on this!

Also, I think it means $500,000 total? Just my guess

I also thought it was strange in Geraldo's commercial that when the kids and parents got back together after their odd little trip with Geraldo, the kid says to the parents "I'm sorry you had no fun" and the dad says, "that's ok". Excuse me, what? So the commercial is saying that universal is fun for kids but parents will not have a good time. What a terrible marketing concept and I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned. Or maybe it was edited out.

We all love our kids and would do anything for them, but who's going to shell out that kind of money and time to go to a park where we are being warned specifically that we will not have any fun? Especially with another competitor or two in the area....

For that and for countless other reasons it was clear that Leeza was a very deserving winner. I'm glad it was clear to Trump too. It's not always that way...

• Love 5

I think a large number of celebrities go on the show because they're fame whores, and hope to somehow boost their careers.  Some come on because their clinging to D-list celebrity, and need the cash.

Unfortunately, for the industry they're in it probably helps the career more to push "I can act", "I can sing", "I can direct", "I'm recognizable" than to prove that you're a leader and team player.  Not that it's entirely calculated, but I think that's why we get a lot of the self-promotion the way we do.

It was obvious that she DESERVED to win - but that doesn't always guarantee a win.   Trump, can, and has, named someone a winner when they didn't deserve it.  It's his show, he can do whatever he wants. 

Which creates this lovely self-fulfilling attribute. Trump chooses not to fire him a few times and then gets to call him "a survivor".  Yes, he's very good at being favored by you. Quite the skill. You should favor him for that.

• Love 5

Trumps daughter with Marla Maples never gets mentioned. trump ALS thanked His wife and "our children" but Barron is the only one of their children, right? He's grown up a lot.

So glad about Leeza.

I think the last time I saw Barron was on an earlier season when Trump brought the contestants upstairs to his home and someone (I'm not sure if it was his wife or the nanny) brought Barron out.  He has indeed grown up a lot.  So far as the other daughter (Tiffany) goes, Ivanka Instagrammed a Happy Birthday to her last fall when she turned 21; from what I can tell, she's at UPenn and released a pop single that isn't on YouTube.

• Love 3

Leeza - No one can top what the show might do for her.  She seemed to compete exclusively to gain attention and money for her charity.  Not one mistake or false step - which is a first.  Proved to be classy, professional, ambitious.  Prior to the show, she was probably already dismissed in the industry due to her age, would love to see her land a morning program or talk show.

According to IMDB, Leeza co-hosted a daily syndicated "magazine" show, America Now, with Bill Rancic (!) until this past September.  She was also the executive producer.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 2

I only saw bits and pieces of the last hour, so I missed the commercials and presentations but I'm just going to assume that Geraldo's was creepy and egotistical and that Leeza's was better.

Joan Rivers was a pioneer for women in comedy, so it's sad and a little grotesque to me that literally her last new television appearances were on this damn show.

When Trump was polling the fired celebrities (I always feel like that word needs quotation marks in this thread), I was worried that Geraldo was going to win it. It seemed like most of them said Geraldo should win because he was so creative and could get things done and raised so much money blah blah blah but all Leeza got were these lukewarm, "Joan Rivers was the only woman to win Celebrity Apprentice so it's time for another woman" and "Leeza is such a nice person." I didn't see all of them, so I hope that someone said that she earned it by winning the most tasks and being a great leader and team-member because DAMN, people.

"Let's bring out the teams! Welcome Vivica Fox, movie star! And here's Ian Ziering. He ... was in Sharknado." Heh.

Can't believe they got renewed, but it was interesting how Trump said he's going to take his time with it...

Trump has announced before that the show has been renewed when NBC was still dithering, and in general he's  a pretty big liar, so I thought this was more of his "I am worth 90 billion dollars" bullshit, but according to Deadline, it really is getting another season. Hasn't the bottom of the D-list barrel been scraped out yet?

As much as I admire him for his work with LifeWORC and Willowbrook... that's about the ONLY good thing about him. 

Willowbrook was pretty much his only worthwhile bit if investigative reporting as well. It was the story that made him famous and for a few years he had a respectable but not particularly distinguished career as a reporter. I know he was kind of a joke after the Al Capone vault thing, but it seems as if he could have recovered from that. I guess there's more money in trash TV and being a FOX News idiot.

• Love 5

When Trump was polling the fired celebrities (I always feel like that word needs quotation marks in this thread), I was worried that Geraldo was going to win it. It seemed like most of them said Geraldo should win because he was so creative and could get things done and raised so much money blah blah blah but all Leeza got were these lukewarm, "Joan Rivers was the only woman to win Celebrity Apprentice so it's time for another woman" and "Leeza is such a nice person." I didn't see all of them, so I hope that someone said that she earned it by winning the most tasks and being a great leader and team-member because DAMN, people.

That really annoyed me, especially to hear other women make comments like that  - couldn't someone have mentioned how Leeza was smart, innovative, a good leader, avoided drama, etc.  She was a big part of many of those seven consecutive wins for whichever team she was on at the time, but all they had to say was that she's nice and a woman should win.  If only she could have cloned herself to sit with the rest of them and actually give a helpful answer!

• Love 6

Can't believe they got renewed, but it was interesting how Trump said he's going to take his time with it...

Maybe he will try to delay the filming on the next season so that one of the tasks can be working a Presidential Nomination fundraiser??   ;-)

I wonder how many "celebrities" would be able to raise funds for THAT??   

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

I'm glad that the right person (Leeza) won the season, but I do suspect that DT wanted his good old friend Geraldo to win.  It does mystify me that DT doesn't think women can cut it in business especially given how his ex-wife Ivana helped rescue his bankrupt hotel when they were married, plus his daughter Ivanka is a shark in the board room.  I would think that would have changed DR's view of women in business.

• Love 5

I'm glad that the right person (Leeza) won the season, but I do suspect that DT wanted his good old friend Geraldo to win.  It does mystify me that DT doesn't think women can cut it in business especially given how his ex-wife Ivana helped rescue his bankrupt hotel when they were married, plus his daughter Ivanka is a shark in the board room.  I would think that would have changed DR's view of women in business.

I don't think that Donald thinks of Ivana and Ivanka as "women" firstly....he thinks of them as "Trumps" (well, Ivanka, anyway, maybe not Ivana at this point); so that way, he can take credit for their business acumen.

• Love 4

I'm not surprised Geraldo lost. I never thought DT really admired him or liked him all that much. His weekly ego stroking of him just seemed so fake to me.

I don't get why someone like Geraldo would be a good apprentice anyway. Isn't an apprentice someone who you take under your wing and mentor? Someone who you feel has the potential to be very successful but needs "seasoning"? I would think one of the qualities you want in an apprentice is someone who can work with others, who can rise above petty drama and personality conflicts and get things done. Even Leeza is a step above apprentice level, but still closer to it than Geraldo. Jesus, with Geraldo as your apprentice I'd think you'd be looking over your shoulder all the time.

I don't think that Donald thinks of Ivana and Ivanka as "women" firstly....he thinks of them as "Trumps" (well, Ivanka, anyway, maybe not Ivana at this point); so that way, he can take credit for their business acumen.

I think this is spot on. Ivanka is a Trump first, daughter second and a woman... somewhere down the line. 

• Love 2

I think he meant that Leeza won the final task with that first "you're the winner."

He said that NBC just told them they were renewed, so I think it's legit.

If anyone other than Leeza had won, it would've been a travesty.

Isn't this the first time he's separated the winner of the final task from the overall winner?  That worried me a bit, because Leeza was the clear winner of the final task. 

Funny - Geraldildo thinks of himself as an easily recognized, "ICONIC" figure.   I'm thinking not so much, especially with kids, or anyone under 30.  I checked and neither one of my kids, in their 20's, had any clue who he is. 

he also considers Tony Orlando -  one of THE SEMINAL performers in this country!  Everyone knows his songs!  Yeah, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree. Not exactly a love song in 2015.  Oh  yeah - my kids don't know who he is, either. 

Too funny - I asked Mr. Jillybean if he thought anyone under 30 knows who Geraldo is...then I amended it to under 40 (we're 45).  I didn't think Geraldo had any relevance today.  Tony Orlando - wow.  I couldn't believe he was tapped to perform.  I was saying "I only know one song of his" and lo and behold, that's the one he sang.  And the Universal executives pointed out that it didn't fit at all with the theme of the evening.

ONJ's voice has held up quite a bit better than his.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 5

It's already been mentioned a few times already but my favourite moment came less than 5 minutes into the show when he called Keshia Knight Pulliam "Ke-shia Knight" as she walked out and I could have swore he also called Gilbert Gottried "David Gottfried" but I see no one has mentioned this so I must have heard wrong. 

Then it got even better when 10-15 minutes into the show he tries to clear the air with Keshia and in true Trump Fashion, just makes it even worse.  "I pronounced your name wrong.  What is your name?" , "That is a great name, just great!"  , "You've been great on the show. Just great!" , and as she starts to thank him for allowing her to highlight her charity, he totally interrupts her and moves on. 

Oh, and because of such "huge" ratings and the show being a "big success," he says it is being renewed.  He is such a pompous blowhard and it just cracks me the hell up.  What a windbag. 

This is the only 'reality' tv show that I will watch and thought this season was highly enjoyable and probably my favourite ..... until he fired all 4 players off the one team.  That killed it for me and I lost interest.  Clearly NBC just wanted to burn this show off as quickly and as fast as they could.

Oh, and edited to add my other favourite moment -- when Ivanka made the mistake of asking Ian that supposed tweeted in question and he went off into one his motivational speaker moments about how losers quit and winners never give up or some such bullshit.  This show did that guy no favors.  What a nutjob.  Someone married this guy?  I don't know how his wife can stand listening to him.  I don't know what I would want to do most --- laugh at him or punch him in the throat.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4

I think the level of the entertainers came down to "whoever you can get for no more than scale."  Long gone are the days where the show would spring for the Backstreet Boys and/or Def Leppard.  That being said, ONJ's voice certainly has held up.

Trump stepped on a lot of people's lines during the show; I figure that either he was deliberately trying to make himself look pushy and obnoxious (i.e., playing to his image), or he just isn't that great a TV presenter (he does what, one show a year live?  It's not his day job, after all). 

• Love 3

You might have missed a bit. As I recall Trump asked 3 people who should win. They all said Leeza. Then they went to commercial. After commercial (and maybe another segment) he asked 3 more who all said Geraldo. My conspiracy theory at the time was that they didn't want to look make it look like a runaway so they asked in commercial who they could poll to support Geraldo. Because another segment later had more celebs say Leeza. No idea if that's what actually happened or if it was all known in advance or just happenstance. But overall the cast favored her more, I'm certain.

I'm not surprised Geraldo lost. I never thought DT really admired him or liked him all that much. His weekly ego stroking of him just seemed so fake to me.

I agree. It was pretty clear from early on that the only two competitors who could remotely stand in the finals were Geraldo and Leeza. (Vivica had some good talent but let herself get dragged down into fights too much. And Kevin blew himself up too early and might have been hurt by lack of experience anyway.) So I don't think Trump ever liked Geraldo all that much, but knew he needed him.
  • Love 2

Oh, and edited to add my other favourite moment -- when Ivanka made the mistake of asking Ian that supposed tweeted in question and he went off into one his motivational speaker moments about how losers quit and winners never give up or some such bullshit. This show did that guy no favors. What a nutjob. Someone married this guy? I don't know how his wife can stand listening to him. I don't know what I would want to do most --- laugh at him or punch him in the throat.

We'd probably both just laugh while punching him in the throat. "That's for the diatribe while I was trying to brush my teeth, this is for the bedtime speech, this is for Sharknado, this is for the speech to the mailman, this is for being a douchebag, this is cuz you're not British and your name is Eeeeeeee-an over here" .and so forth and so on.

• Love 3

Thanks, everyone, for letting me know Leeza won.  I came here for the spoiler, so I wouldn't watch all the way through if Geraldildo (LOVE IT!!)  won. 

Yeah, I fell asleep and it's too boring to watch so I am glad Trump hasn't totally and completely lost it. I still can't believe he once chose that a-hole Piers Morgan, but at least he didn't pick Geraldo.

I figured Leeza had it as soon as it was announced there would be a tribute to Joan, the only woman Celebrity Apprentice so far. I don't think Trump would have bothered with a tribute otherwise. He's a pretty big blowhard, but not such a cold fish that he'd crown another female winner without acknowledging his friend.

Loved Johnny Damon quoting stats! Totally laughed out loud at Leeza using said numbers to coldly deflate Geraldo's big ol' ego after he'd described her as "highly functioning."   

• Love 3

I took DT's "I'm taking my time" remark to either be an F U to the producer who was trying to rush them off the air on time (most likely), or that he was going to delay the actual taping of the next season into the Summer or Autumn.  While the show is no longer #1, or anything close to it, it has performed very well this season with many Top 10 ratings.  Of course, the overall viewership for legacy networks has been eroding like the Grand Canyon for many years.

• Love 1

Of all the contestants, I liked Gilbert the best.  He used to be on television a lot, and I always liked him, but I'd forgotten all about him.  He's such a sweet man and so clever. 

If Trump hadn't already decided on Leeza before the finale, I felt that her final speech clinched it for her.  How clever of her to point out that she'd saved Geraldo twice!  She's a smart woman.  Everything she said was so organized and so well presented that I thought she must have written it ahead of time and memorized it, but I don't think so.  I think her brain just automatically sorts things, and she comes out with a superbly stated speech.  After seeing her work at those centers she's building, who could not have supported her win?  She really made Geraldo sound like a door-to-door salesman!

• Love 5

That really annoyed me, especially to hear other women make comments like that  - couldn't someone have mentioned how Leeza was smart, innovative, a good leader, avoided drama, etc.  She was a big part of many of those seven consecutive wins for whichever team she was on at the time, but all they had to say was that she's nice and a woman should win.  If only she could have cloned herself to sit with the rest of them and actually give a helpful answer!

I felt she did get a lot of "she's so nice" reasons, but I do think that was people's nice way of saying vote for Leeza because Geraldo is such a miserable dick.  

I also heard a few people talk about how good a leader she was and then Johnny Damon broke down the numbers and basically said that no one was even in Leeza's ballpark and no one should even be considered the winner but her.  His was a glowing endorsement of Leeza and I was pretty impressed by it.  

• Love 9

Ugh. Geraldo wasn on Wendy Williams Show today and this smuggo said "Rather be the person people think should have won than winner who people think should have lost. " she jokingly said "the show revealed something about him she didn't know." He asked "WHAT?" and seemed clueless. Wendy shouted that he's a jerk. LOL

• Love 8

Loved Johnny Damon quoting stats! Totally laughed out loud at Leeza using said numbers to coldly deflate Geraldo's big ol' ego after he'd described her as "highly functioning."

"Highly functioning" is a term usually applied to alcoholics or those with mental deficiencies. Leeza is neither. For Gerardildo to refer to her as such was petty, insensitive and mean-spirited. He's such a douchebag.

• Love 6