Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Live Finale: A New Celebrity Apprentice Is Crowned!

Leeza had the better commerical and overall presentation and has gone the whole season without clashes and has been professional and articulate the whole time.

Not to mention her many wins as PM or on the winning team.

So, why do I have a horrible feeling Donald will once again choose his pet over the most deserving? Arsenio, John Rich, Bret, and Trace Adkins all come to mind of people who had less than stellar moments but because Donald loved them all from the beginning, he crowned them.

Not to mention, only 1 female celeb has won.

Edited by PBGamer89
  • Love 3

Trump had better not take the WHOLE total amount of monies raised over the entire course of the show....

Leeza deserves this win - better commercial, more team wins, better working with people, and MUCH more money for the final task!!! 

This season was filmed almost 6 months ago. They started last April or May, so they've been sitting on this footage.

I was talking about the studio stuff with audience in attendance, the presentation to the Orlando people, the boardroom with all the teams, etc. I think it was taped in March and part of April, so it's about a year old. Which still puzzles me.

• Love 2

I really like what the live audiences adds, especially viewing the prerecorded stuff.  For example when Geraldo referred to himself as "iconic" and we got to hear the audience laughter in the background, that was delightful.

• Love 13

If Geraldo wins, we'll know for sure Donald just crowns his friends and the money, the wins, etc don't mean anything.

Interesting how we had another mention though of Joan being the only female celebrity winner.

• Love 1

Finally! A worthy CA winner!

Leeza deserved it for being a great leader and being so poised and smart the whole way through without making any enemies.

Geraldo was a great money raiser but failed almost all the other aspects. Even saying that, she killed him in fundraising on the final task and beat him overall and that final task is sometimes where it counts. Like a final exam in school, that final task shows what you learned and if you have the chops to handle all of what entails it.

• Love 13

Can't believe they got renewed, but it was interesting how Trump said he's going to take his time with it...

My instinct was the same as yours, but on second thought I believe he meant he was going to take his time with that sentence, possibly because a producer in his ear was telling him they had a strict time limit.  I doubt it was his intent to announce a delayed start to the next season.

• Love 2

I'm so confused as to what happened about 10 minutes before Trump announced the winner. I though Donald said to Leeza "you're the winner". And then the show continued. I guess I'm not as high functioning as I thought I was.

• Love 5

SO glad Leeza won!  I fully expected Donald Trump to have a total Donald Trump dickbag move and have Geraldo win, but in the end....I think he had no choice to pick Leeza.  Leeza won 7 tasks in a row, raised more money in the final task and was able to lead people without belittling and treating them like dirt.  

Go Leeza!  I think for Leeza....Kevin Jonas was totally her ace in the hole in the final task.  I am not sure it would have been so smooth sailing for her if you switched let's say Kevin and Ian on the final task.  Come on now...you know I am right.  

I was impacted by both Leeza and Geraldo and the segments on their charities.  Good job highlighting the great works those agencies do!  

• Love 8

Congratulations to Leeza for winning Celebrity Apprentice! It is a very well-deserved win. Her connection to her charity because of her mom was really heart-warming. She did such a wonderful job with the commercial and her presentation.

I loved how Leeza answered in such a graceful manner to Trump when he asked her why she should win and basically shut Geraldo down all at the same time.

• Love 15

Very telling who Kenya and Kate picked to win. Surprise surprise. 

Yep, especially with Kenya, who picks fights with every woman she ever meets, but would never do that to any men.

Trump "Leeza, I'm surprised you're in the finals. I didn't think you were tough enough". Translation: "I'm surprised you're here and that you were tough enough to make the finals because you're a woman and I hate women.

Can't believe they got renewed, but it was interesting how Trump said he's going to take his time with it...

I think he's mad at NBC for delaying the season for so long and then burning it off in 6 weeks. Maybe he'll try and take the show to another network.

• Love 5

I vote that from now on, courtesy of Ian Zierling, the entire universe refers to Geraldo as "Geraldildo."

So huge congrats to Leeza, her speech at the event was so touching. But I was surfing around between this and Gotham/SH, so I missed the renewal talk. Was it just the usual Trumpian bluster, or did it sound legit?

• Love 7

For once the right decision was made!  Yay for Leeza-  grace, class, know-how and winning 7 tasks in a row (including one where GERALDO was on the team after he lost 5 in a row...) didn't hurt either.

The whole phone business fell flat- we still don't know what happened to it... or did I miss something?  (I kind of lost track in there).

• Love 4

Yes! There's finally some justice on The Celebrity Apprentice! Congrats, Leeza! It seemed to me like Trump was going to find a way to make Geraldo the winner. He kept reiterating that the winner of the final task wasn't going to necessarily be the winner of the season.  I thought he might give it to Geraldo because he raised the most money throughout the season, but Leeza had a much better winning percentage, slaughtered Geraldo in the final challenge, and she wasn't the asshat Geraldo was at times. She was clearly the winner, and I'm glad Trump got it right for a change.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 7

Trumps daughter with Marla Maples never gets mentioned. trump ALS thanked His wife and "our children" but Barron is the only one of their children, right? He's grown up a lot.

Hate that he couldn't learn to pronounce Keisha Knight Pulliam's name. He also cut her off when she was thanking him.

So glad about Leeza.

• Love 8

Yea Leeza!

Two favorite moments:

1) Leeza's concise and articulate explanation as to why she should win, incl. the fantastic (and truthful) line about pulling Geraldo out of his losing-streak slump; and

2) the tribute to Joan. She was pretty tough on CA, and maybe a little dirty ("a poker player!"), but I loved the real Joan Rivers, as well as her charity, God's Love We Deliver, so the tribute was nice.

• Love 8

Go Leeza! I think for Leeza....Kevin Jonas was totally her ace in the hole in the final task. I am not sure it would have been so smooth sailing for her if you switched let's say Kevin and Ian on the final task. Come on now...you know I am right.

She said it herself. During the celebration at the end, she hugged Kevin Jonas and said, "You were my secret weapon!"

• Love 7

So what exactly does Leeza win in all of this?  A new show or something?

Nada.  Celebrities don't actually win anything by being on the show....but they are willing to go on in order to raise money for their charities and for many people some much needed face time on tv.  

• Love 3

So what exactly does Leeza win in all of this? A new show or something?

The winner gets an extra $250k donated to their charity (I think...someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, I noticed Trump mentioned how great Leeza would be on the Today show. Who knows - sometimes they parlay their wins onto other opportunities.

P.S. Brandi finally resorted to form tonight -- I thought blaming Kenya's hair and makeup people for stealing Vivica's phone was a low blow.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 3

Well deserved win, finally!!  She was probably the best competitor this show has ever seen.

I really wondered if Trump was going to give it to Geraldo, but in the end, he really had no choice.  I think there would have been a huge backlash if he didn't give it to Leeza.

But, how I wanted to hear him say "Geraldo....you're fired!!!"   I was soooo waiting for that!! 

• Love 9