Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Which Way to Sleepy Hollow?

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Enjoy!

Edited by stacey

I found this site through TWoP's Sleepy Hollow forum along with the news that TWoP is shutting down. So glad that there is another forum to discuss this show & I hope/plan to be more than just reading the posts.

I'll miss TWoP, but I'm glad the discussion will continue in this fine place. It looks like filming wil start in May, so I'm sure there will be lots of new stuff to talk about at the ComicCon panels. I can't wait!

Yay, somewhere to talk about Sleepy Hollow and various other stuff. I haven't started to go through withdrawal yet, but am glad that I saved all the episodes on the DVR. Hubby and I spend half the time looking for landmarks like the Tappan Zee bridge in the stock shots and the other half mocking the Spanish moss and other North Carolina stuff.

(edited)

MUSE HAS ARRIVED!

Sorry it took so long, but I am deep into Hannibal right now and Sleepy is off the radar.  But I'll be back in the swing of things soon.  Good to see you Riley702, SouthernGal, JHLipton, and hopefully many others from the old board.  I'm not familiar with all the features yet, but it appears members have no PM function - which sucks - 'cause as some of you know, I like to "do stuff" with Ichabbie via PM!  Oh well...  Looking forward to future conversations when the show starts filming again.

Destinies Entwined Dammit!

Edited by Crackedmuse
  • Love 2
I like to "do stuff" with Ichabbie via PM!  Oh well...  Looking forward to future conversations when the show starts filming again.

Ah, all is right with the world - Crackedmuse has appeared, "doing stuff" and waving her Hurricane Ichabbie (tm: CM) flag! Excellent!!!

I guess The next big Sleepy Hollow news will probably be around the summertime ComicCon. Not much out there now. *sigh*

• Love 2

Hey there HalcyonDays!  Like your new handle.  And you're right, Sleepy will pick up after Comic Con so this place will probably start jumping.  I'll be counting on you for any news because you always seem to get it first.

Edited by Crackedmuse

Hey, everyone! Welcome to Previously.TV! We are excited to have you here!

Reading through some of the more recent posts, I just wanted to remind everyone that this thread is for off-topic conversation. We do have a General Discussion thread to talk about the show in general and a Media thread to talk about the show in the news.

You are also welcome to start new topics, if you want - a Fanfic topic would be great, for one! And the PM function is being investigated, I can promise you that. I can't give you a date, but hopefully, it's sooner rather than later!

I am your lead moderator for this forum, and things are slow here in Sleepy Hollow right now because of the hiatus, but I am around, so if you have questions, post them in the General Discussion thread, and we're happy to get you an answer if we can! And again, WELCOME! We're so happy you are here!

• Love 2

No problem at all, Crackedmuse, we just wanted to let everyone know what's what around here! I am a big fan of Sleepy Hollow and am really looking forward to getting to know all of you.

And please, start new threads or contribute to the existing ones - we want LOTS of conversation here!

maraleia and I are big fans of Sleepy Hollow and are really looking forward to getting to know all of you.

And please, start new threads or contribute to the existing ones - we want LOTS of conversation here!

Sorry about that, stacey. I think because the Sleepy Hollow thread over at TWoP was a single one and enormous, for some reason I'm thinking of this thread like that too. Off to the discussion thread.

And there will be some good conversation, if that other thread was anything to go by!! Off to post something to talk about!

• Love 1

And the PM function is being investigated, I can promise you that. I can't give you a date, but hopefully, it's sooner rather than later!

And SOONER wins by a landslide!  I just received a PM and came over to check it out. Tis' wonderful. Thanks for adding this feature so quickly.

Edited by Crackedmuse
  • Love 2

Hello All!!  - I too am a transplant from TwoP - Thank you to PTV for taking us all in!! 

I have been lurking around this wonderful site for a month or so, trying to get the feel of it.   I love that there are even more shows to discuss on this site (So Happy to see Grimm here!!).  I also love the different types of "formats" - the use of screen grabs, links to relative and interesting sites (the Reign forum is fun).  I will miss snarky recaps of all the shows I love - but since I have been weaned off them already over at TwoP, it has made me enjoy the insightful, and often hilarious musings of fellow posters even more!

I pray that I do not break any of the rules of this site, if I do, it will NEVER be because I intended to... it would be because I got overly enthusiastic - and I learn from my mistakes (I hope).

I can not wait for SH to start back up, or even to just be able to watch reruns of last season!   And I look forward to seeing and hearing from familiar posters and meeting new ones!

I'm off to play around in other threads/forums/features!  -  So much to do!! .. and right now, all the time in the world to do it!  :)

Thanks again PTV !!

• Love 2

They could have a DVD extra of Tom Mison reading the phone book and I'd be sold. 

But you're absolutely right about a blooper reel probably being hilarious. 

Also, August is too far away, and On Demand only has from Midnight Ride up to the finale.  I might have to pony up the two bucks per episdoe. 

As a fellow refugee from TWOP-land, I say hello.  Though I haven't posted in this particular forum at all (due to something called Real Life and Lack of Cable), I'm just now catching up on Sleepy Hollow season two.  Fortunately for me, it just started.  I'm way behind on my Doctor who and have only made it through the third episode of that one so far and it started back in August.  Why mention Doctor Who over here when it's a COMPLETELY different show?  Three words.

"Lost in Austen"

I imagine some of you are wondering "What in the WORLD is she talking about?"  It just so happens that the worlds of Doctor Who, Sleepy Hollow and even Davinci's Demons collided because Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow), Alex Kingston (one of THE best actresses out there, I think and Doctor Who alum) and Tom Riley (Davinci's Demons and guest starred in Doctor Who) are ALL in "Lost in Austen".  That was a really random occurence for me.  The only reason I found this out was that I was watching the Doctor Who episode "Robot of Sherwood" and wondered who was playing Robin.  I went to look him up on IMDb and there found out he was in "Lost in Austen" along with two other names I know.  A lot of roads lead to "Austen".  

Oh, Halcyon Days.  If only you would trust us.  We would have stayed on topic.  One day.  In the future.  The far, far distant future.  LOL.

No problems with the warning;  I knew it was coming.  And I respect you all.  That is, unless you're trolling this board, Mark Goffman.  Then see my previous posts on how I feel about you.

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying of laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish... Basically we all have written freaking essays about what went wrong. 

I think there is one like that for Sleepy Hollow (the sh1tty hollow page - but maybe it should be broadened... the hatred against Iris has been pretty bad from the beginning (even though quite a few fans keep trying to pretend like it doesn't really exist or it's just a fringe element - or that it has NOTHING at ALLLLL to do with the insta-shipping of the male lead with the only other female character on the show who just happens to be white).

After the season finale of Sleepy Hollow I feel like I need to go on a campaign to protect Candice Patton on The Flash...

That makes me sad... She is so freaking adorable and bubbly... >:( 

I saw her on an episode of afterbuzz and the people watching live seemed to love her though. She also has so many fans on twitter sending her so much love I am shocked there are people who feel this way. I know I was pissed before the show started and people already decided Iris would be like Laurel (no offence to Laurel sympathisers) which means Caitlin would be the Felicity of Flash. I wasn't even sure I'd watch it but I definitely got on my soap box about it. Crippling the poor girl with Arrow's handicap was unfair. Also, IMHO, GG and DP certainly don't have 1/10 of the SA/EBR chemistry that just almost forces you to reconsider the relationship.

Although I get that after the Lauriver fiasco, they're scared about putting all their eggs in one basket but I get annoyed when the show is trying to have its cake and eat it too with the deliberately open ended interactions with Caitlin. The thing is, when the script is not calling for it, their acting so buddy-buddy I just get zero vibes between them. I get them when the actors are consciously layering it in (which means it wouldn't be terrible if it happened, for my eyes at least) but that's obviously not chemistry that comes naturally. I have to assume that their characters don't organically feel that sort of connection in their mind, so the actors don't bring it to the table in daily interactions. My hope is that we will finally have a straight guy being friends with a straight girl for the entirety of the show's run and they don hook up. Cross my fingers.

Now though, nobody can claim Arrow PTSD, Iris is clearly way more likeable and interesting than Laurel. Also, they're endgame so I'm ok with the show taking its time and really building their romantic relationship. Unless something crazy happens, Flash will be here for a while, they don't need to rush (insert Arrow viewers side-eye). 

I mean Caitlin and Ronnie are so much mmore clearly a thing that is still

• Love 1

What are people watching while we wait? I am still playing catch up with Doctor Who and am all caught up with Scandal, tho no new eppy tonight.

Empire is my fave new show, with very strong likes for B99 and Grimm. Amazing Race has just started too, so I'll be watching that.

What are people watching while we wait? I am still playing catch up with Doctor Who and am all caught up with Scandal, tho no new eppy tonight.

My messed up TV watching list: Constantine (*sob*), Forever (*sob - why do all my shows hover around cancellation...), Agent Carter, Gotham, How to get Away with Murder (great show), just got into Elementary, The Walking Dead (nothing better than some apocalyptic rotting zombies).

My mid-season/summer replacement shows will be: TURN, Extant and The Last Ship.

My foodie shows: Chopped, Chopped Canada (as I yell at the judges), and any of the behind the scenes "How food is manufactured."

Weird, I know. Apparently I like murder mysteries, light fluffy stuff, food, end of the world gore and historically-based series. *shrug*

My new favorite show is Jane the Virgin. It's on the CW in the same time slot as SH so it's perfect for your Monday nights. Do you have a certain genre you prefer? 

Empire is my fave new show, with very strong likes for B99 and Grimm. Amazing Race has just started too, so I'll be watching that.

I've been saving Empire for the hiatus from SH.  I also have B99 to catch up on. 

It's funny, I used to think I watched too many shows. I'm starting to think i don't watch enough. 

Genres? I think I'm open to weird and quirky, but I enjoy good storytelling. Like I actually mourned the loss of Super Fun Night and liked Cowboys and Aliens the movie; I live for the day someone finally brings The Dark Tower series to life. I like The Leftovers, Under the Dome(at first), The Returned(at first), and I will get sucked into the occasional random crime drama and reality TV(only the makeover/hoarding/or I weigh 600 lbs. variety tho. My husband, mom(lol) and mom-in-law are really into Empire, but I almost feel like it's too cool and smooth for me to watch, but I am intrigued by How to Get Away... as I have watched a few season one Grey's and am addicted to Scandal. I must like Rhimes's storytelling, I guess. I also got sucked into Walking Dead for a few episodes around New Year's, but I kept jumping a mile every time a zombie's killed and that Lori was making me livid(in a good way). Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Elementary is my favorite version of Holmes.  I love JOAN Watson, and the show is fun to watch.   HTAWM is great over-the-top fun, and it will be wonderful if Viola Davis and Tariji Henson end up being Emmy nominees (both deserve the win -- in a pinch, I vote for the Cookie Monster).  Gotham is cool, with the Penguin stealing the show.

My TV watching consists of:

Gotham, WWE, Vanderpump Rules, Stalker, Criminal Minds, Love & Hip Hop, R&B Divas, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Nightwatch, Real Housewives of All the Cities, Brain Games, Style By Jury, Love Lust or Run...

God bless my DVR lol.

I used to watch Blacklist.  Now that it's on Thursdays, I'll pick it up again.  Looking forward to Outlander coming back as well as GOT.

Also Forever, Masterchef, Top Chef and Amazing Race.  And can't forget The Walking Dead.

My sister says Empire is great.  I'll have to check it out.

Empire is my new, "I have to watch this live show". I've been having to watch it twice because so much is happening during the episode that emotions/reactions etc are missed. Vikings on The History Channel is an awesome show too. I also watch TWD, Elementary, Gotham, Justified and Grimm.

So many of my shows have ended or I've dropped them within the last year.

I'm looking forward to Defiance on SyFy this summer.