Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh? Is your version of reasonable under 1200? No shade. Asking because I'm moving in June and Largo is the worst place ever to live without a car.

Yep. I'm in DC (Northwest), and I'm paying under 1200 for my one bedroom. I might have lucked into, though, based on trails I followed while using Craigslist a couple years back. 

Like a lot of you, my heart goes out to Daisy. I just turned 38 and I am already stressed about turning 40 in a couple of years. I need to get that attitude in check because clearly some people far younger than me are facing their own mortality in scary and undefined ways. Growing old with a minimal loss of health and vitality is a blessing. I need to get over myself and look to someone like Daisy as proof that seeing another year pass by should not be taken for granted.

I hope she has found peace with whatever her prognosis may be.

Those pictures where they showed her eyes glowing green were shocking. I am surprised she didn't notice it herself until her makeup artist said something to her.

I like Mica's mom. Wise, warm and even keeled. I can only assume that her larger than life persona came from her dearly departed dad.

Yeah, I didn't recognize Greg's personality overhaul either. His sour demeanor at the photo shoot read like, "we just had a fight about something and I don't really feel like playing nice with your ass right now." I know that look....I've given that look...ha!

• Love 5

He was just so stressed about having his beard touched, and I couldn't figure out why, like exactly how messed up did he think it would get by her stroking it? It wasn't even moving!

I just turned 38 and I am already stressed about turning 40 in a couple of years. I need to get that attitude in check because clearly some people far younger than me are facing their own mortality in scary and undefined ways

I used to have definite age issues, but I had to get over it. Realizing the following, up close and personal changed my thinking. This might help you:

donotregretgrowingolder.png

No first look topic for this show, so will spoiler:

To Demetria: "I understand you're stressed, you need to decompose."

Oh, Geneva. And you call yourself a "journalist?"

• Love 2

I hadn't realized the show came back already.  I read no press before and only caught its return when I was watching the latest episode of RHOA.  I cannot think of a moment when I have been brought to tears watching a reality TV show.  At first I thought Daisy was playing until I realized that'd be a cruel joke to tell.  I tried so hard not to cry since I was watching it out in public but once she started talking about her faith and how she praised Jesus in the good times so she wasn't going to quit now, I mentally lost it.  I am going through things, though not as life-threatening as Daisy, and that statement truly spoke to me and reminded me of how I have to approach it day.  

She is also right about people being different once they find out.  I know her style is not the best and her wigs are jacked most of the time.  But with all that she has been going through, I can't bring myself to care.  

As for the others, Mica is still much, Geneva is still delusional and Demetria is still uncomfortable to watch.  Melyssa, the only one I knew of before this show, does not surprise me.  She has been trying to act and present herself as more than just a sexy body for a long time.  It seems to be going along with mixed results but I won't knock her for continuing to use whatever name recognition she can.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just turned 38 and I am already stressed about turning 40 in a couple of years. I need to get that attitude in check because clearly some people far younger than me are facing their own mortality in scary and undefined ways

Yep.  I have a friend whose husband and father of her two small children went for an eye examination at age 32 due to blurry vision.  After a few trips to different doctors it was determined he had lung cancer and two years left to live, Not a smoker and a healthy exam the year before.  He passed away three months ago.at age 34.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Love the quote, SnarkKitty. Thank you.

SpringTulips, I am sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I also have a friend whose younger brother is fighting cancer. You just never know what life will bring. Here's to hoping Daisy beats this thing and comes out with a hell of a story to tell her grandchildren.

• Love 2

Re: the first bolded comment: Geneva has lost her mind. Apparently, she's suing Melyssa for $25 million (yes, MILLION) because of that altercation where she, ya know, hit someone with a damn champagne bottle. So I'm guessing that's why nothing related to the fight made it into the "This season on BSH..." preview.

$25 million?  Does Geneva not remember all her comments last year about Melyssa having no money, and her credit card being declined for "Insufficent funds, hashtag insufficient funds".  Plus, is Geneva not the one that physically assaulted Melyssa?

Like a lot of you, my heart goes out to Daisy. I just turned 38 and I am already stressed about turning 40 in a couple of years. I need to get that attitude in check because clearly some people far younger than me are facing their own mortality in scary and undefined ways. Growing old with a minimal loss of health and vitality is a blessing. I need to get over myself and look to someone like Daisy as proof that seeing another year pass by should not be taken for granted.something to her

Yep.  I have a friend whose husband and father of her two small children went for an eye examination at age 32 due to blurry vision.  After a few trips to different doctors it was determined he had lung cancer and two years left to live, Not a smoker and a healthy exam the year before.  He passed away three months ago.at age 34.

I just turned 40 this year, and definitely had hang ups about it.  But it was more about not being where I expected to be in life at this age. Fortunately I've been very blessed with my health, but seeing/hearing about those younger than me who seemingly are well but then suddenly face very serious health issues forces me to reevaluate what's really important.

Spring Tulips, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  So unexpected, and so sad.

Checked Melyssa's Twitter account today, and one of her instagram links indicates that she is not happy with Bravo at all.  Something like "THAT network is not accurately portraying that it's been a 5 year labor of love".  Hmmmm....

• Love 1

What I want to know is why Geneva would want to *live* in FiDi of all places. She could have easily found cheaper, cuter, bigger, and trendier all over Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens (read: Astoria, Jackson Heights, and Ridgewood) if she really wanted to because living in FiDi is no damn joke. Does she plan on catching a Wall Street type, and lord why would you want to? Finance folks are the most high-strung and braggadocios people I've ever met. 

• Love 1

Daisy! Omg my heart breaks for her. When her chin started to quiver during her treatment, I swear I wished I could take it for her. This hits home for me. I don't mind that this is Daisy's storyline. Other than feeling a bit voyeuristic about it, I'm much more interested in her storyline than Melyssa's play or Demetria's wedding.

It's funny that Demetria tells Daisy it's okay to speak to her, but waited until Mica wasn't around. She and Mica stood two feet apart and didn't speak. Leave Daisy out of it.

One of the reasons I liked Daisy so much last season, was that she was the one who walked over and spoke to the "Prouds" at the horse races when the two groups were feuding. I like her spirit.

• Love 4

The reason Demetria said what she said to Daisy and not Mica is because Demetria had an audience with Geneva & Chantelle. With Mica, Demetria was alone.

If Demetria & Daisy had been alone I doubt she would've said anything to Daisy, either.

I was also over Demetria claiming Mica is so volatile but 2 seconds later claiming Mica & Daisy had built her up so much in their minds. Seems like Demetria is the one building people up in her mind.

• Love 7

I didn't realize BSH had returned. I can't remember what I watched last Sunday that I missed it.

I didn't know about Daisy's illness I just thought she looked different.

Hadn't missed Brie until it was mentioned up-thread.

No matter how  hard I try (well not really trying that hard) I just can't Mica. Has she stopped drinking? I only caught the last 30 minutes or so, but I didn't see her with a drink.

Mylissa might be trying to shed the image of a video vixen, but she hasn't stopped dressing like one. It doesn't mean she has to dress like a nun or worse, but when she say she is trying to shed that image while showing her boobs and showcasing her behind its hard to take her seriously.  You can still buy beautiful,stylish dresses that do not show  cleavage and "enhance" your behind so much.  She has a nice body, but I think it would be just as nice if she dressed down a bit. I'm thinking she really believes she would't be noticed if she was a little more conservative, that she doesn't believe she can "make it" if she doesn't display her body, no matter what she is doing. 

IMO she has dressed to show off her body for  so long for the life/career she was having ,she really don't know any other way to dress.She believes if just saying she is no longer that person that will be enough and so she doesn't have to change or modify any thing else in her life.

I like Demetria as smart,logical black female,  though I would not want to spend more that 15 minutes in her company, even less if we were alone.

Geneva should move to Disneyland where everything is a fantasy,

• Love 2

I understand trying to control your edit, but Demetria had always come off as judgmental, superior, and sour. Melyssa's play would have been the perfect time to be distant, but polite. Mica can be ridiculous, but she tends not to act out when she's in public with strangers.

I feel so badly for Daisy. The whole experience must be devastating. I thought her always sunny disposition was kind of fake last season, but seeing her deal with cancer tells me that this is more of who she is. I had a cancer scare about a decade ago. It turned out to be the world's most obscure allergic reaction. I had to get biopsies and waited for the results to come in. During that time, I was scared and snippy. Daisy is handling her actual diagnosis with more grace than I could muster for my possibilities.

• Love 5
(edited)

I cried during Daisy's treatment. In 2013 I had a lump removed and my milk ducts because of bleeding from my nipple. The fear was Paget's disease which is cancer of the nipple.

Thank goodness it was benign. But as a mom of 3 young children, I was frightened. I can't imagine stage 3.

Her declaration of faith was something I sorely needed to hear today. Thank you Daisy.

I like Melyssa's mom and Aunt. Her body is insane!

Mica is a goofy, good friend. I like her.

Geneva? Ugh. I loved the disdain old sour Demetria was showing all over her apartment.

Edited by Tallulahbaby
  • Love 3
(edited)

Melyssa just comes off as a big old whine baby to me. Anytime someone asks her to do something requiring effort, it's "Ugh! It's so hard, my anxiety!" It's starting to wear a little thin. You're 40. I don't know what her mom said that made her burst into tears, but from what I could tell, she asked her mother if she liked her play, and if she got it and her mother either nodded or didn't, but said she got what Melyssa was trying to say. Melyssa busted out crying and her aunt accused her mother of saying something bad. I felt bad for her mother. She seemed like a relatively nice woman.

The new cast members...Chantelle was clearly brought in to be a shit stirrer. That whole, "So how are you and Terry? I know Terry," screamed producer shenanigans to me. I loved Daisy's response, "Terry knows everybody." Ha. And ultimately, it was Mica and Daisy who she wanted to stay and hang out with. Not Geneva and Demetria starring as grandma after church: "Come on baby, we got to go now."

The other one, (don't say gonzo, don't say gonzo) Arzo I believe is her name...I got nothing.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4

Seems like Demetria is the one building people up in her mind.

Or herself.

Maybe because I live in DC, where I'm exposed to accomplished smart women from many cultures - writing books and blogs doesn't impress me that much.

Demetria just had to take that little stab at Daisy as she left the theater. Just could not resist as she was slithering out the door, which is how a coward does it.

Daisy's chemo scene was one of the few genuine moments I've seen on reality TV. I hate for her sake that we saw it, but seeing the three women supporting each other was very moving.

I don't think Geneva has a sincere bone in her body. She's 100% artifice.

Melyssa is definitely sending mixed signals about having left her old lifestyle behind. She doesn't seem very mature to me. And her wardrobe is all wrong.

• Love 5

I had a cancer scare about a decade ago. It turned out to be the world's most obscure allergic reaction. I had to get biopsies and waited for the results to come in. During that time, I was scared and snippy. Daisy is handling her actual diagnosis with more grace than I could muster for my possibilities.

I had a lumpectomy at 19 (the lump in my right breast was big enough that my bras didn't fit) and a biopsy at 26 (other breast). My aunt died of breast cancer when she was 34, so I run to the doctor when something is off. Thankfully all was and remains well, but I was not as cheery and graceful as Daisy is. I was welling up during her chemo scene. Mica is a good friend - she's a whole lot, but she does seem like if she calls you a friend and shit is going down, she will show up. That's a big deal.

The Financial District is pretty boring, residentially. Geneva is pretty boring (well, until she clocks your ass with a bottle), so I suppose that fits.

I don't think I like the new cast members, but we'll see.

• Love 5
(edited)

Geneva just seems lilke that "friend" who always sticks you with the check.

Ha! The one who starts itemizing stuff when the bill comes? "I mean I only had water and one appetizer and I didn't even really eat that much of that one thing that everybody ate."

Geneva has seemed to really dislike Melyssa though. Since episode one. I don't know what their past history is, but Geneva seems to really have an axe to grind with Melyssa.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I can't stand Mica; I think she's trying very hard to get her own Bravo reality show.  I wish she'd admit that she was her boyfriend's side chick; he probably went back to his real girlfriend.  When Mica went to see Daisy in the hospital, of course she made it about her.  She can't stand being in the cancer ward because her father had cancer.  I felt she wasn't there for Daisy, I felt she was there because of the Bravo cameras.

I feel for Daisy but I still don't like her.  She's very manipulative because she says, "I haven't told people I have cancer."  Yes you have, you told us, the audience.  Then when Demetria does something nasty to her, we all hate Demetria, "she's being mean to Daisy and she has cancer."  No bueno.

I liked that Demetria took her phone call outside of the coffee shop; I hate it when people talk on their phones in coffee shops, nobody wants to hear your conversation.  I also like that Demetria isn't acting like a clown on TV.  A lot of people think that if you're not running around like a co dependent loon, you're boring.

Geneva confuses me because she said she left Harlem and is living in the financial district.  I always thought the financial district was more expensive than Harlem.  

I can't wait to see what the two new cast members are like.  And Melyssa bores me.  On one hand, she doesn't want to be known as a video vixen, on the other hand, she uses that to sell herself.  Confusing.

Edited by Neurochick

If my daughter asked me what I thought of her play, I would probably answer politely, "I know what you were trying to do," too!

Is Melyssa happy that she had the chance and the body and the face to be a video vixen and make all of that money? Or does she think she would have become wealthy (for a time) doing something else? If so, I wonder what? I can't see it, honestly. She wrote a play all about her, and she seems to not have quite the fire that it takes to be successful in real estate.

In other words, buckle up, grow some, and grow up!

• Love 1

I don't think Geneva has a sincere bone in her body. She's 100% artifice.

Geneva is looking really old this season. Is she really 31? Also, for a journalist she seems awfully sheltered and not very bright.

• Love 2

I feel for Daisy but I still don't like her.  She's very manipulative because she says, "I haven't told people I have cancer."  Yes you have, you told us, the audience.  Then when Demetria does something nasty to her, we all hate Demetria, "she's being mean to Daisy and she has cancer."  No bueno.

WE the audience know Daisy has cancer.  Daisy has told Mica, who definitely wouldn't have told Geneva or Demetria and she told Melyssa, who probably wouldn't have told GG & DD.

GG & DD don't know Daisy has cancer.  If we the audience think Demetria's an asshole for being mean to Daisy...it's because Demetria's an asshole for being mean to Daisy.  Has nothing to do with cancer.  Demetria was an asshole to Mica in the waiting area, too and Mica doesn't have cancer.  Demetria was an asshole to Daisy last season as well and that was before Daisy was diagnosed.

• Love 7

Geneva has a lot of nerve being judgmental about anyone when she's still in struggle mode. It's like throwing (weak)shade is a knee-jerk reaction to her. Geneva is the type to look down her nose at everyone when she's still eating 5/$1 ramen noodles and hot dogs. Please stop, Geneva.

Demetria Downer. No words for her.

I like Melyssa, but she just seems lost. Like she never had a plan for her life after her last video shoot. I hope she makes it because she seems to be a genuinely sweet person.

My favorite friendship is Daisy and Mica's. They support each other without all the bullshit. There's no competition there. They just love and support each other.

I did giggle when the new girl randomly dropped that her boyfriend was Black, and Geneva gave her a quick side-eye.

• Love 4
I did giggle when the new girl randomly dropped that her boyfriend was Black, and Geneva gave her a quick side-eye.

I saw that too, she probably thought, "There's another one."

I just don't think Demetria's bad, she's not dysfunctional, that's why I like her.  I can't deal with people who are chock full of drama, like Mica.  I am certain she was Terry's "side chick" and now he's probably back with his main girlfriend.  Also, I think Terry can do a lot better than Mica.

I like Melyssa, but she just seems lost. Like she never had a plan for her life after her last video shoot. I hope she makes it because she seems to be a genuinely sweet person.

Agreed. She freely admitted to spending frivolously during her heyday, as though she thought the gravy train wouldn't end. I wonder if she thought she'd marry a rapper and be able to coast on that? She doesn't seem to know what to do with herself now; she clearly didn't realize how much work goes into selling high-end real estate in Manhattan. She seems to have seen it as easy and glamorous, but it's hard, pavement-pounding work. She does seem very sweet, but she also seems like she's completely unprepared for being in her late 30s and not set financially and/or married.

I am certain she was Terry's "side chick" and now he's probably back with his main girlfriend.

Don't know if he's back with her (I don't know if I'd take him back, personally, but I don't know her life), but the fact that Mica was the side chick was never in dispute, though she claims she didn't know he had a girlfriend of twenty years. Mica phrases it badly - she says Terry cheated on her with said girlfriend, but he was cheating on his girlfriend WITH her. It does seem like she didn't know he was with someone else when they met. I think I remember reading that he didn't give her his address or phone number for months.

And ... I mean, I don't know what he wasn't honest with Mica about that led to their breakup, but that really shouldn't come as a surprise to her. He cheated on his girlfriend of twenty years. He lied to the girlfriend and he lied to her. It really should not come as a surprise to her that he would be less than honest.

• Love 2

I always felt Mica was foolish to stay with Terry, if a man will cheat with you, he'll cheat on you.  I don't like Mica, she reminds me of light skinned girls I grew up with, who thought they were all that because they had straight hair.  I just can't get behind Mica.  

Geneva should move to Disneyland where everything is a fantasy,

Agreed.  I really don't get why she moved.  I mean Harlem is expensive, but I'm certain the financial district is more expensive.

I haven't seen any indication that Mica thinks she's better than anyone because of her skin color or hair texture. Especially considering she was sporting a pretty boss 'fro last night, she doesn't have straight hair.

• Love 12

Agreed.  I really don't get why she moved.  I mean Harlem is expensive, but I'm certain the financial district is more expensive.

Yep, you get ALOT more for your money in Harlem. Her move doesn't make any sense. 

(edited)

If I recall correctly, Mica has been pretty open about her long hair being a weave. I remember one of her models complimenting her hair and she said something like, "You can get some too, on 125th St." And she shushed it - the weave itself. Like, she picked up a strand of hair and said "Shh!" to it. 

I would guess that the 'fro is her natural hair and she presses it (she has shorter straight hair in some of her talking heads when she has on a hooded something or another), and adds length when she feels like it.

I really don't get why she moved.  I mean Harlem is expensive, but I'm certain the financial district is more expensive.

You can get way more for your money in Harlem.  Here is a studio that's a little smaller than Geneva's for $2300 a month. Here is a two-bedroom more than double the size in Central Harlem for $100 more a month. I have friends moving to a beautiful 2-bedroom in a brownstone on 126th and Adam Clayton Powell; I am sure their rent is less than Geneva's.

Plus, for my money, the Financial District is kind of sterile. Harlem has much more character, it's more lively. Good energy. It feels more like a place people live. The Financial District feels more like a place people work.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4

The interesting thing about Mica is that she (or at least her dad's side of the family) seems to be Our Kind Of People.  Essentially, the same social class Brie hailed from (I think it was mentioned Mica's dad's family had property near Brie's parent's house).  I haven't seen Mica thinking she's better than anyone else because of her skin tone and hair; she probably is "extra" precisely because people think she must think she's all that because of her skin tone and hair.

• Love 4
(edited)

Last season, Mica claimed her father told her (Mica) "Your mother only had you as an investment," so I think he did come from money. And I remember her heading up to the Hamptons and staying with family, so I think the "where do you summer?" concept isn't foreign to her. She and Brie were friends before their falling out, so they ran in the same circles at least somewhat.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 3

I've never gotten any vibes that Mica smells herself because of her skin tone or pedigree. Not once.

I'm sure she's very aware of her privilege,  I'll show myself out since it seems everybody's in love with Mica.

Does anyone outside of Melyssa's circle really care about her being a video vixen? I was surprised to see a full theater, but Bravo probably has large production crews.

Poor Daisy, but is it wrong to say that her wigs are actually much improved this season?

• Love 1
(edited)

Geneva is looking really old this season. Is she really 31? Also, for a journalist she seems awfully sheltered and not very bright.

Yo! Can we talk about her saying to Demetria that she needed to decompose (as opposed to decompress)? I was like, What in the world?

Demetria was an asshole to Daisy last season as well and that was before Daisy was diagnosed.

I keep feeling like things are being re-written when it comes to Daisy and Demetria, as though Demetria just randomly came at Daisy. If I recall correctly, what started this ridiculousness is that Demetria wrote about the brunch event Daisy hosted. She didn't name check the event in her blog; she didn't give the location of the event; she didn't say who the hostess was. She was pretty discreet on her blog and only brought up the topics that had been discussed, some of which she disagreed with (and I mean, really, Daisy and nem were talking some nonsense about women PMSing and that being the reason why they shouldn't be president or something. Or the other bit about needing to check your man's phone because blah blah blah. Or that you have to treat your man like that because blah blah blah). 

Daisy (and Geneva), upon reading the blog, took it to some other ridiculous level (Geneva with making threats). Daisy decided that she didn't like bloggers because they're all fat (and let's be real, Daisy's got some meat on her bones, too, now. She's no Mica or Brie in the body department) and don't take care of themselves and they eat bon bons while they type up their pieces of the day. Then while at Mica's dinner, Daisy jumped right into confronting Demetria over what she wrote. That Demetria wasn't willing to play along with Daisy's anger in the very moment that Daisy wanted her to play into it somehow has now been translated to Demetria coming at Daisy and being an asshole to her. 

Don't know if he's back with her (I don't know if I'd take him back, personally, but I don't know her life), but the fact that Mica was the side chick was never in dispute, though she claims she didn't know he had a girlfriend of twenty years. Mica phrases it badly - she says Terry cheated on her with said girlfriend, but he was cheating on his girlfriend WITH her. It does seem like she didn't know he was with someone else when they met. I think I remember reading that he didn't give her his address or phone number for months.

So, I agree with you, but then I still side eye Mica because at the time she was telling the other girls the story, she knew the deal. She was two plus years into a relationship with Terry by then. Yet, she continued to explain it as Terry cheating on her. It just feels like she's trying to fudge the narrative while giving the details. I don't kow if I'm making sense. Yes, she says that Terry was in a 20-year relationship and she didn't know. Why not just stop there? Why keep with "Terry cheated on me," which has a very different connotation than what seemed to be going on when you parse her story?  

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm sure she's very aware of her privilege,  I'll show myself out since it seems everybody's in love with Mica.

Neurochick, we love you!

Mica is a flawed person. She's super extra and gets crazy when she drinks. I just don't get those superior vibes from Mica. If she was really smelling herself she'd have high-tailed it off this show after season one, like Miss Brie. I think Brie saw herself at the reunion and decided the attention was NOT worth it.

I think Demetria has books to sell and that's the only reason why she signed on. I guess she didn't realise that Bravo wants your dignity in exchange for the free publicity.

Yo! Can we talk about her saying to Demetria that she needed to decompose (as opposed to decompress)? I was like, What in the world?

IKR? I don't know where they found Geneva, but I agree with the poster who thinks she's a right phony. Even the random gossip bloggers I follow online seem more intelligent and worldly than this one. And after they clowned her so bad in season one, you'd think she'd run screaming from season two.

Geneva: "I'm a journalist"

Ptv: "We don't believe you, you need more people"

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 3

I really don't get why she moved.  I mean Harlem is expensive, but I'm certain the financial district is more expensive.

Plus, for my money, the Financial District is kind of sterile. Harlem has much more character, it's more lively. Good energy. It feels more like a place people live. The Financial District feels more like a place people work.

Definitely agree that the Financial District is conservative.  Which makes sense since that's the money making hub here in the city.

As to why Geneva moved, she mentioned that her landlady didn't want to renew her lease.  Of course she said it as if it was solely the landlady's fault, but my guess is that Geneva was a poor tenant who fell too far behind on the rent.

• Love 3

Finally watched.  

I just couldn't with Demetria's, "You know it's okay to speak to me" when she said NOTHING to both Mica and Daisy.  I even rewound when Daisy entered the theater and said hello to Demetria, and although someone does respond, it actually wasn't Demetria, it was the lady in the blue dress who got up to let Daisy pass down the aisle; Demetria turned her gaze away.  When no one was around, she was just as immature, but when she had an audience, she had to show just how much classier she is than them.  <eye roll>  And it's things like that that make me not like her, even though I respect the work she does and her hustle/drive.  But jeez, girl.  Stop acting above it all and be real.  

Did Melyssa's team not do a soundcheck before the show.  Sure didn't seem like it.  I found her play to be....interesting.  It's tough to judge it not seeing the entire thing.  But I kind of found the "Pedestal" song to actually be bit deep, and disturbing.  

Found it hilarious that the new girl, the one who was touted as Geneva's friend, quickly ditched said friend and Demetria to hang out with Mica and Daisy!  She's the one that dated Ramona's (from RHoNY) husband, right?  I wonder if that was the boyfriend who recently dumped her.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Nobody's "in love with Mica." I just hate the old, "she think she cute cause she light skinned" adage when there's nothing the accused has said or done to warrant it. It's happening to my sweet, funny, outgoing little cousin in her new school right now. Anyways...

Yeah, how many places has Geneva said she's lived in, in the past couple years? Sounded like a lot. I wonder what kind of tenant she is. And how is she sustaining herself because it didn't sound like she's working anymore. Other than the show of course.

She's the one that dated Ramona's (from RHoNY) husband, right? I wonder if that was the boyfriend who recently dumped her.

What! So she's Mario's mistress? Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Did Demetria say she is self-publishing this latest book?

She has her own imprint. I'm not a publishing expert, but I guess it's like having your own record label. If it's a hit, you get all the publishing and royalties, but you are responsible for producing and arranging your own music. And probably your own A&R and promotion. So I guess Demetria is responsible for editing her work and she was probably not given an advance from the parent publishing company. I admire Demetria's hustle.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 4

My friend has published a lot of novels via St. Martin's press, and over the years I've listened to the joys and sorrows of having a publisher.

Here's what I found about self-publishing. http://badredheadmedia.com/2015/01/17/top-5-considerations-choosing-publish-book-guest-booktrope-cmo-ksearsbooks/

"Self-Publishing – Author is the publisher. Anyone may self-publish and there is no barrier to entry to do so, aside from being ready, willing and able to do the work required. In years past, this was called “vanity publishing” because the costs were astronomical to print and distribute books. These days it is far more affordable and more mainstream, and technology makes it a more reasonable option for consumers.

In this model the author chooses which services to use – editing, proofing, cover design and marketing. The author also manages all service providers from hiring to quality control. The author also pays for all services. The average here varies greatly, but according to Guy Kawasaki in his book, “A.P.E.” should come in around $4K for a quality book, before you factor in marketing.
    In this case, the author retains a greater royalty share due to the above – typically 70% of the profit from the most common sales channels depending on the list price of the book and whether it is an ebook or print. You will most often be paid monthly, by whichever vendors you choose to list your book with. The most common are Kindle, Nook, iTunes, Smashwords and Createspace (for print). Createspace is a print on demand vendor, owned by Amazon and therefore most bookstores will decline to carry titles printed in this way.
    Responsible for all marketing – therefore, should also be comfortable in the marketing role. You can certainly pay for some marketing services, but most will rely on you to do the day to day things regardless. If you are uncomfortable with social media, in particular, this is going to represent a challenge.
    Time to market is only dependent on your schedule, so can be weeks, months or years. Time it as you wish! On the other hand, because you are responsible for running the publishing business, many authors find that scheduling in time to write is harder the more books they publish.
    To sum up, this is best suited for an entrepreneurial type, i.e. someone who is a self-starter and enjoys controlling all aspects of the publishing business."

• Love 3

So essentially, she's using the show for free marketing.  Good for her.

But stop coming across as uptight.  Obviously she needs the show just as much as everyone else, so it makes no sense for her to act above it all.

• Love 2

She better tell Greg to get on the good foot too. Can't be acting like he barely wants to touch his fiancée in engagement photos when she's building a brand as a relationship expert. She got books to sell.

• Love 7

She better tell Greg to get on the good foot too. Can't be acting like he barely wants to touch his fiancée in engagement photos when she's building a brand as a relationship expert. She got books to sell.

Ha.  Pretty much like Kandi on RHOA selling sex toys while she's complaining her and her new hubby don't have enough sex.  Bad for the brand.

• Love 3