Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Have to say it. She does look just like Noxzeema. I didn't see it at first, but once Mica said it, it couldn't be un-seen.

It was unkind of the show editors to show that photo of the two side-by-side, though, but I died laughing.

Geneva really needs help in the makeup department. Sometime last month, I was watching some clips of the various women in various TV appearances after the season ended. I think it was one where Geneva and Daisy were on Good Day NY (or some similarly named morning show), and Geneva just had on the wrong kind of concealer. It was clear she was going for the contoured look, but the powder she used just under her eyes was too yellow and made her look bad.

I'm so trolling for BSH-related news now because I'm watching the series On Demand, and I found this recent interview with Brie: MSTARS EXCLUSIVE: Former 'Blood, Sweat, And Heels' Star Brie Bythewood Is Expecting! Mom-To-Be Dishes On Pregnancy, Find Out Which Bravo TV Star She Still Talks To As She Clears Fired Rumors [listEN]. The audio is toward the end of the written interview. In it she says that she met all of the women through the show and not before that. 

Unrelated to this interview, I just discovered that Brie is cousins with Gina Prince Bythewood. I've been trying to figure out if there was any relation and looking at Brie's Twitter finally confirmed it. She was hyping up Beyond the Lights a lot and responded to someone about being very proud of her cousin.

I know there are some selective editing and producer manipulations and the incident in the Hamptons seemed kind of crazy and disjointed.  I was just surprised that none of these women who professed to care about Mica or be her friend, left with her and sat with her.  The woman was in some obvious deep pain/grief and was just out of control with it.  I would have gone home with her to make sure she was safe and had someone to talk to.  She just lost her father.  I thought that Brie made a lot of assumptions about the level of grief that Mica was experiencing vs. what she would experience in their follow up meeting.  Brie could not even bring herself to express true empathy to her at their sit down... "I have nothing to say."  Now Mica was a hot mess, no doubt.  She had been drinking which is not really a big deal for a holiday weekend but she lost her basket most definitely-- however I don't think her behavior was malicious... just embarrassing perhaps-- for her if she saw her footage but like I said, there is some selective editing and I can't imagine if this person often behaves like this in public that depends on such an image dependant business. I felt very badly for her, she was in a emotionally inflamed place.  I really think she took the feelings of the perceived rejection from her father and transferred it to the ladies at the party.

• Love 2

I'm re watching S1 as my Christmas treat. Damn I love this show. Countdown to S2!

I'd kind of forgotten that Brie isn't all that bright. First with her women are too emotional to make good leaders then her explanation of that with some bizarre point about successful women dating men so you have to give credit to men for what they do too because men are there. Or something? She could be such a walking, talking "bless her heart".

• Love 1

I'm re watching S1 as my Christmas treat. Damn I love this show. Countdown to S2!

I'd kind of forgotten that Brie isn't all that bright. First with her women are too emotional to make good leaders then her explanation of that with some bizarre point about successful women dating men so you have to give credit to men for what they do too because men are there. Or something? She could be such a walking, talking "bless her heart".

I just re-watched last season, too.  Never liked Brie.  Remember when she invites them to her family's vacation home in Sag Harbor?  She tells Demetria to relax and put her feet up but "make sure they're clean".  Then she gets on Greg for picking up some shell knick-knack that is so priceless, it's sitting on a table on the patio.  Just don't invite people over, Brie.

It's funny what a non-entity she was too. Whole episodes would go buy and I'd forget she existed. I sometimes think production had the same moment Demetria did at their lunch after The Brooklyn Brunch fiasco. This light bulb moment of "Oh! You're stupid! But not crazy psycho drama bitch crazy, just normal coast through life without a troubling thought ever entering my pretty little head stupid! I get it. Call me when you're inviting people to your family's beach house. Until then, you're not even interesting enough to fight with."

Even on rematch I still don't understand why Demetria was so much madder at Daisy than Geneva after Mica's dinner party. I even like Demetria(sometimes) but I will never get why she singled Daisy out for so much hate.

Edited by FozzyBear

I could get the annoyance with Daisy. Like Demetria said at that dinner at Mica's: You're not even going to wait until the main course? Daisy does that thing I don't like when she's pretending to be nice while slipping in mad shade. It reads as phony.

At least with Geneva, she let that crazy fly straight up, which you can kind of deal with in the way that Demetria did--what're you gonna do? Throw shit? (Which, who knew? Geneva would be the type to throw shit.)

I guess my thing was that Demetria and Daisy are really similar to me. Demetria is more up-tight and Dausy is more hyper, but they can both use poliet/concern as a defense when they're nervous. As I said I like Demetria, but some of her temper moments were strange to me.

On another note: Geneva looks 100% better with her hair pulled up and off her face. I noticed that in her old pictures where she had really short hair too. That longish blunt cut was not her friend.

So it looks like there's some more cast changes. I got curious about if there was going to be a second season after all and found a couple articles:

1. When Does 'Blood, Sweat & Heels' Season 2 Premiere? If Melyssa Ford Is On 'Millionaire Matchmaker' It'd Better Be Soon

This mentions that Demetria walked away from the show. I figured it would happen given that her second book came out in the fall and she's been traveling all over doing promotion and related panels. As a replacement is a woman named Chantelle Fraser, who Radar Online says is Mario Singer's new bae.

2. Another Bravolebrity! Mario Singer Replaces Estranged Wife Ramona & Mistress With ‘Blood Sweet & Heels’ Star Chantelle Fraser

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1

I liked Brie, but she was too stuffy & prim for this show.  So good luck to her, her child and baby daddy.

Demetria was too busy sniffing up Brie's ass and looking down on others, so bye gurl I'm glad you gone.

This means 2 of the 3 Prouds are gone, so I wonder if any new cast members will be brought on to be Geneva's crew.

I'm just here for Mica's antics, anyway.

• Love 3

Demetria was sniffing behind Brie? I didn't get that at all. She's doing her own thing--had been before the show, and is most definitely doing it after the show, which is to say, why would she be kissing up to anyone, especially one who isn't even on the same career trajectory?

It'll be interesting to see how the new season unfolds, though. Mica and Daisy are butt buddies (interestingly enough, I just looked them up on Twitter and both proclaim themselves "Star of Bravo's Blood, Sweat, and Heels") so I don't foresee anything but silliness from the two. Melyssa was pretty cool with all of the women, but now with that brawl with Geneva, I can see Geneva being iced out and Melyssa soley chilling with Mica and Daisy. There was another girl added around the time it was announced that Brie wasn't coming back. Now there's Mario's new woman in the mix. 

Demetria was sniffing behind Brie? I didn't get that at all. She's doing her own thing--had been before the show, and is most definitely doing it after the show, which is to say, why would she be kissing up to anyone, especially one who isn't even on the same career trajectory?

Yes, Demetria has had her own thing and good for her.  Doesn't mean she wasn't sniffing Brie's ass by putting on airs like she was "Our Kind of People" like Brie, and looking down on Melyssa (with the "my daddy pays my bills" talk) and Mica (who ironically is part of Our Kind of People).

Doesn't matter if Brie & Demetria are on different career trajectories.  It wouldn't be a bad thing if Demetria tried to come up in Brie's world...she should.  But don't look down on others who are trying to come up as well, and I felt that was what Demetria was trying to do, especially with Melyssa.

• Love 2

I was never a big Demetria fan, but her conversation with Melyssa really turned me off.  Especially because it was apparent she wasn't really listening to what Melyssa had to say.  I remember one of her THs about how she didn't foster friendships, I think because she was so career-focused.  Given how dismissive she came across on the show, I'm not surprised.  Nothing at all wrong with ambition, but I think she didn't anticipate some of the criticism she received when the show aired. 

ETA:

I liked the show for what it was, but I'm skeptical of this new season.  Maybe it should have been a one and done. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 2

I was never a big Demetria fan, but her conversation with Melyssa really turned me off.  Especially because it was apparent she wasn't really listening to what Melyssa had to say.  I remember one of her THs about how she didn't foster friendships, I think because she was so career-focused.  Given how dismissive she came across on the show, I'm not surprised.  Nothing at all wrong with ambition, but I think she didn't anticipate some of the criticism she received when the show aired. 

ETA:

I liked the show for what it was, but I'm skeptical of this new season.  Maybe it should have been a one and done. 

I'm glad both Demetria and Brie will be gone.  I need another Mica-Daisy-Melyssa fix.  These three make the show for me.

And of course, she's shown getting into it with someone.  Looks like she and Mica made up, though.  I wonder if Bravo footed the bill for her wedding. 

Wonder what health problem Daisy's batting - cancer? It might explain the wigs.  Not that a black woman needs an excuse to wear one.  

I don't know. That chick already annoys me. It's weak sauce to go after someone's body type in an argument. I think she's the one in one of the links above that is supposedly with Ramona's ex (soon to be ex?) husband.

It looks like Bravo isn't going to broach the Melyssa-Geneva brawl. Likely because there's the whole lawsuit that resulted from it. 

I don't know. That chick already annoys me. It's weak sauce to go after someone's body type in an argument. I think she's the one in one of the links above that is supposedly with Ramona's ex (soon to be ex?) husband.

It'll be interesting to see the context of that argument - just based on the clip, I think she went there because of Demetria's retort of "You're reaching....your arms are too short" without realizing that Demetria wasn't insulting her physically.

Kind of excited? also.. Did I get a glimpse of a different face?

Yeah, I thought I saw a new addition to the cast as well.

I'm so glad it's coming back.  I had read a few speculative articles that Bravo had shelved it after one of the women hit the other one in the head with a bottle so I thought it was a goner.  

Oh, hot damn, this made my day.

This show returns Sunday, March 29th.

Here's a link to the season preview on the Bravo page:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/first-look-at-blood-sweat-heels-season-2?cid=bsh_blog

It's not nearly as snarkalicious as VPR but it will help to fill that empty void in my little black heart.

Melyssa is producing a smi-autobiographical musical? Oh thank you sweet baby Jesus! Thank you for this gift.

• Love 6

So excited for this show to be back.  Just watched season 1 again.  Not in preparation or anything, just watched it while on downtime at work.

Guess Mica and Terry broke up

, according to the caption below the season2 preview on Bravo's site.

Thought I'd read or heard that Demetria wasn't back this season, or maybe that's just how I was left feeling at the end of season 1.

Since Geneva so likes to brag about her "journalist" credientials I'm gonna need for her to tighten up on her grasp of the English language.

Any tea of what Daisy's health scare/condition is?

So excited for this show to be back.  Just watched season 1 again.  Not in preparation or anything, just watched it while on downtime at work.

Guess Mica and Terry broke up

, according to the caption below the season2 preview on Bravo's site.

Thought I'd read or heard that Demetria wasn't back this season, or maybe that's just how I was left feeling at the end of season 1.

Since Geneva so likes to brag about her "journalist" credientials I'm gonna need for her to tighten up on her grasp of the English language.

Any tea of what Daisy's health scare/condition is?

That probably came from me in another thread. I based that on something that was tweeted into my timeline as well as all the traveling I know that Demetria was doing for her new book. She wasn't present for the brawl between Geneva and Melyssa, so based on all of that, I thought she wasn't on the show anymore. 

I'm one of the few (probably the only one here) who likes her, so I'm glad to see her back. 

I already dislike the British chick, what did she say to Demetria, "your waist is too big?"  Whoa, at least Demetria doesn't like decades older; the British chick looks older than 50 to me.

The British chick went straight for that. It went over her head that Demetria was saying that she was reaching wth whatever nonsense she was starting and that the reach was nonsense because ol' girl's arms were too short...figuratiely speaking. But Brit chick took the statement literally. 

First Look was on last night. Melissa is producing a play that sounds like a knockoff of For Colored Girls,

Terry and Mika are broken up, and Daisy has cancer.

Edited by Chrissytd

Damn it Daisy. I cried real tears. I will not be able to watch her Daddy. I won't.

I love Mica with her mom and Daisy, but I have to FF through her chinchilla scenes. Other than squirrels, I don't do rodents. I FF through Demetria's scenes too.

• Love 1

I love Mica with her mom and Daisy, but I have to FF through her chinchilla scenes

But I sort of laughed when she said her chinchilla, the only man left in her life, was wiping away her kisses too.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

Mica definitely added the much needed levity.  I hope and pray that Daisy's doing better nowadays. I cried for her as well.  I admire her poise and resilience.

Is Melyssa still in real estate, or is she solely focusing on her play?

• Love 1