Type keyword(s) to search

Guest Stars: Treat 'em and street 'em

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

She's Sherry Hickman from a multi-part episode of Major Crimes to me now, but when she turned up in that, I recognized her voice and her general appearance, but couldn't figure out where I knew her from, until I pictured her with longer hair and realized I'd seen her in many things.  When her episode of ER first came up in this syndication, I spotted her immediately. 

• Love 1

Mae Whitman was in one of the episodes today interacting with her almost TV mom Maura Tierney.  Maura was originally cast as Sarah Braverman in Parenthood but dropped out after being diagnosed with cancer. 

Edited by LizDC
  • Love 1

Hal Holbrook in one of today's episodes.  I looked him up to see how old he is now - 93 next month.  And he guest starred on three TV shows last year, so he's obviously still doing well.

• Love 1

I’m behind since I just finished Abby’s last episode, but my guest star bingo contributions are...

A) Mrs. Garrett! As Abby’s semi-regular patient with the cat whom Abby introduces to Morris so he can take over for her. She was in a few recent episodes.

B) The twin boys also played two of Lynette’s kids on Desperate Housewives, probably around the same time as this was filming.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2018 at 11:59 PM, LillyB said:

Season 5  Tarji Henson as a gangbanger's girl and Cress Williams as a cop. Both looked so young.

Taraji got recycled as Benson's niece as well.

Bob Newhart, loved him in the day. I was showing my daughter pictures of him from his old show and she liked the storyline but kept saying, I don't want to watch him kill himself, he's so likable. I said, "oh he wont" (not remembering) and was so sad when he did. Susan was late to dinner and he was having trouble because of his macular degeneration and didn't want to go blind.

The only part that was ignored afterwards was what happened to the cutest lab puppy ever that Susan gave him.  You could see him when he was vacuuming for her visit and he was smiling at him.

Great actor, just wished for a different outcome. Not the best pic but having a yellow lab myself, melted my heart when later they were walking it slept in his arms ; )

bob.jpg

Edited by debraran

I really hope this isn't true, or is a case of mistaken identity, but there's a report going around Twitter that Vanessa "Wendy' Marquez was shot and killed by police yesterday.  

6 hours ago, starri said:

I really hope this isn't true, or is a case of mistaken identity, but there's a report going around Twitter that Vanessa "Wendy' Marquez was shot and killed by police yesterday.  

It seems to be true.  She had significant mental health issues and apparently pulled a BB gun and aimed it at police.  The police had been called because mental health workers had gone to check on her and she was out of control.

https://southpasadenan.com/breaking-news-officer-involved-shooting-south-pasadena-police-department/

• Love 1

Two that come to mind are William H Macey as Dr Morganstern, I really liked him and thought he was massively underused.

And Don Cheadle as the Med student with Parkinson’s. I really hoped we were going to see more of him, a happier outcome for his character would have been nice

• Love 3

Sally Field received one of the Kennedy Center Honors and Maura Tierney was one of her presenters.  Of course, Maura talked about how Sally played Abby's mother, Maggie, on ER and how great it was to work with her.  MT looked really great in a lady tux with her hair up, BTW.

• Love 3

Late to the party, but I just started binge-watching the series and am about a third of the way through S3 (gonna have to tweak my retired-person schedule and watch a bit during the day for the next two days, since hubby's still got some work but both of his usual night gigs are being done via Zoom tonight and tomorrow, thus I cannot stream anything on TV during those hours) ...

Some really great guest star appearances but so far my favorite one-and-done has been Bill Cobbs as the grandfather of the teenage boy basketball star whose knee issue had been misdiagnosed by Benson and when he came back it had grown to full-blown osteosarcoma and cost him his leg (and career) ... my favorite Cobbs role, as a TTYD! fanatic (RIP Adam Schlesinger) was, of course, as Del Paxton. (His TTYD castmate, Obba Babatunde, is currently in a small run as Mia's father in Little Fires Everywhere). 

• Love 1

Watching the ep where Jerry was shot and has to have surgery. Estelle Harris as his mom for the win! I know her as Estelle Costanza from another brilliant oldie show I’ve been introduced to courtesy of my mother. 🙂

• Love 1

I'm watching a season 4 episode of Law & Order: SVU. The title is "Tangled." I heard a familiar voice, looked up, and saw Samantha Sobriki, aka Liza Weil, playing a rape victim. 

I have now officially spent WAY too much time watching ER. 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2017 at 5:05 PM, desertflower said:

I saw a couple weeks ago Kirsten Dunst turned 35, so she's now about the age Clooney was during that storyline!

My favourite part of that story arc was when they brought in the mom of Kirsten Dunst's character and how much she looked like current day Dunst. 

Although I think my favourite little guest star moment was seeing Keegan Michael Key (with hair!) as the assistant to Benton's lawyer. 

I got an AP news alert that Ray Liotta has died. It said he died in his sleep Wednesday night in the Dominican Republic, where he was filming. He was 67. Rest peacefully, Ray. 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I got an AP news alert that Ray Liotta has died. It said he died in his sleep Wednesday night in the Dominican Republic, where he was filming. He was 67. Rest peacefully, Ray. 

He won an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for the ER episode 'Time of Death' which aired in 2005.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

The actress who played Loretta has died. I was surprised at her age. She looked far older than her actual age when she was on the show.

Makes sense; she was playing someone who'd endured many years of hard living.  She looked far younger than that five years later in a one-off role as an entertainment reporter on The West Wing.  So that's now how she looked in real life at the time, but how she was made up to look like Loretta.

• Love 1

Facebook has been popping up er clips for me and I started watching season one. 

But the point here is...

Watching a clip one and oh my God!  That's Ted Mosby!  (Josh radnor.....bit part one epiaude).  

Also didn't realize Hathaways season one fiance is slider from top gun

Edited by DrSpaceman73