Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: County General Is Always Open

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but I love this video of the Brigham Young University's library book repair department.  I think the final shot with the guy in the Tabasco apron is the perfect touch!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2017 at 4:41 PM, walnutqueen said:

All I remember about Erik (whoops, I mean "EriQ") is his allegedly huge choking tongue - "like trying to swallow a steak" as his kissing costar lamented.

That. Is. Just. Nasty. Gross.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat steak again.

On 1/14/2018 at 2:37 PM, ktwo said:

Thanks for the news! If anyone has Sprint, they are offering Hulu for free. 

Also, from the article: 

“The drama reached iconic status and helped launched the careers of  George Clooney, Noah Wyle, and Julianna Margulies.”

Anyone else have the “One of these things is not like the other…” song running through their head now?

I don't get it.  Which one of these things is not like the other?  The fact that George sky-rocketed to super-super stardom and the other two, not so much?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

That. Is. Just. Nasty. Gross.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat steak again.

Welcome to my little corner of HE double hockey sticks.

Benton was my least favorite - before I read "it" (from the lady who had to swallow that shit for a pay day).  :-(

Now that I'm all caught up with 'ER' episodes (I finally watched every single one, some for the first time ever), I need a couple of new 'old' shows to watch.  I don't have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. so I'm limited to what is on a cable channel that might have access to or DVDs that I could get at the local library.  I've been keeping an eye on the various channels that show 'CSI' and 'CSI: Miami', because I've only seen scattered episodes of those for many years and might start watching those from the very beginning as soon as the rotations start over.  I didn't watch 'Criminal Minds' when it first aired, so I know I haven't seen the earliest episodes of that show. Pop Channel also shows 'Without a Trace', so I might catch that one when it starts over as well.  The only 'NCIS' I watch is the one in New Orleans (mainly for  Scott Bakula and Lucas Black), so are the other 'NCIS' shows good ones to catch up on?  What other shows that might be shown on channels such as TNT, WE, Freeform, FX, Pop, etc. do some of you recommend?  

19 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Now that I'm all caught up with 'ER' episodes (I finally watched every single one, some for the first time ever), I need a couple of new 'old' shows to watch.  I don't have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. so I'm limited to what is on a cable channel that might have access to or DVDs that I could get at the local library.  I've been keeping an eye on the various channels that show 'CSI' and 'CSI: Miami', because I've only seen scattered episodes of those for many years and might start watching those from the very beginning as soon as the rotations start over.  I didn't watch 'Criminal Minds' when it first aired, so I know I haven't seen the earliest episodes of that show. Pop Channel also shows 'Without a Trace', so I might catch that one when it starts over as well.  The only 'NCIS' I watch is the one in New Orleans (mainly for  Scott Bakula and Lucas Black), so are the other 'NCIS' shows good ones to catch up on?  What other shows that might be shown on channels such as TNT, WE, Freeform, FX, Pop, etc. do some of you recommend?  

I can't really help because I don't do the syndication stuff anymore. Too much content on streaming. I will say that, if you can spare it or are able to stream where you love, just grab a hulu subscription. 8 dollars a month or 12 a month for no commercials. Great price range and the amount of tv shows they have on there is scary. They have all of csi and I think Miami. Just got nypd blue. A bunch of great classics in general. I'm not mr. Rich pants over here. Far, far from it but I don't even think about the streaming costs anymore. It's so minor next to the amount of money spend of their weekly or daily vices. Not a smoker, heavy drinker and I don't need caffeine so all that money I could be throwing away there I use on stuff that is useful for me and still spend less. If tv binging is your goal, go with hulu. 

20 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Pop Channel also shows 'Without a Trace', so I might catch that one when it starts over as well.

I didn't watch that during its original run, but caught a lot of it when TNT paired it in syndication with Cold Case.  I thought it was just okay - I only watched it if I was still awake after Cold Case - but I've only ever truly liked a few cop shows, so it's more a reflection of personal preference than an assessment of the series.  The cases were pretty decent, but I think I hated every personal storyline they ever did.  But, hey, it has Marianne Jean-Baptiste, so if nothing else, there's that.

Other than Major Crimes (on a local channel), I'm not watching anything in syndication right now, so I have no suggestions, sorry.

Tonight is essentially my final night of intern year, before I return to psychiatry full time.  It just so happens, I'm on the trauma surgery service.

I have decided that at some point, I will be channeling my inner Benton and shouting "Come on people, let's move!  Let's move, people!"  I'm likely never going to get the chance to do it again, so why not?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, starri said:

I have decided that at some point, I will be channeling my inner Benton and shouting "Come on people, let's move!  Let's move, people!"  I'm likely never going to get the chance to do it again, so why not?

Bonus internet brownie points is you scream, "Is he conscious? IS HE CONSCIOUS?"

• Love 7
On 7/4/2018 at 6:08 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I just love that a 3 year old had a Muhammad Ali themed party! 

That's adorable. Eric has some other nice pics on his twitter acct of Noah from filming and going out. Nice to see a good friendship on TV could carry over.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Driad said:

Did Noah and Eriq become friends while working on ER, or had they known each other earlier?

They met while filming the pilot.  After filming finished, they went on a rather infamous vacation in Spain organized by Clooney and it seems to have led to lifelong friendships.  Noah said he blew all his money from the pilot on the vacation, but Clooney kept telling him the show was sure to be picked up and he'd have plenty of dough then. George ended up loaning him money to pay his rent until he got his first series' paycheck.

• Love 7