Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E17: Under My Skin

This was a good episode I think. Nice spoltlight for Nick. The beard made a reappearance which made me wonder if it was shown out of order.

As usual there was too much unnecesary Fin sticking her nose in. Otherwise it was nice to see Nick/George in a promonent role.

• Love 1

I'm a bit annoyed that it was implied that the father was quitting his job as San Diego CSI Lab Director because it was impossible to do that job and be an attentive single parent to a 13-year-old. Plus, does that job pay well enough that he can afford to retire 4 years before his daughter will likely start college? Never mind. It's just CSI.

• Love 2

Creepy dude and recently madeover 13-year-old go some place "to hang" -- and creepy dude Pete Corday ends up dead.  Nick shows why using fingerprint biometrics to unlock your phone are an incredibly stupid and unsecure idea.

And Sarah goes kind of apeshit over the first suspect they encounter -- which is ridiculously unprofessional, plus there should have been a cop in the room since the guy had a rather extensive rap sheet.  I know Sarah has a backstory about men abducting/assaulting women, but she went from 1 to 11 on the rage-o-meter for no real reason other that this guy's history which she didn't really have all the details about.

Turns out its random even creepier guy in the hat that was seen by the group of guys at the mall that were whistling at the two girls walked through the mall before they meet Axel and Pete.  So this stalker was just hanging in the mall and just happens to see a Cara -- a look-a-like of his twu wuv -- and that triggers a killing spree.  That's some weak tea.

Why didn't the cell phone video go through if the phones were both still active on the cell network ?

Mrs. Nolan is vying for mother of the year -- letting her 17 year old try 'E' with her daughter, and then deciding that a casual acquaintance trying to rape her unconscious daughter was not sufficient grounds to call the cops because of the 'E'.  Isn't it great when parents try to be cool friends with their kids, instead of ..... you know ..... acting like parents.  Why wasn't Sarah as outraged at Mrs. Nolan for being such a shitty parent as she was at (the now cleared) Axel ?

Wow, these CSIs are kind of stupid -- let's cross-reference this list of people that bought really rare death stalker scorpions with the list of owners of 1986 Chevy Suburbans ?  So if the Suburban was stolen and the scorpion bought on the black market, they would have no lead.  And what kind of criminal uses his own car to kidnap people, let alone uses his own place to torture/kill people ?  Idiot criminals on this show apparently, that's who.  The address information they got from the license of Kieran Clark was for a home, but somehow they go straight to a warehouse with bolt-cutters ready. Who lives in a warehouse ? Morgan even says that it doesn't look like anyone lives here.  So why would that address be on his driver's license ?

Morgan continues to be an idiot when she approaches that tarantula and is shocked when it lunges toward her -- these are dangerous animals, and somehow this is a surprise to her ?  That's nearly as stupid as her not being able to see the superheroes in the brightly lit alley last episode.

And the kidnapper uses the warehouse for both dangerous animal storage and as his shrine for a woman that looks like Cara ?  This 28-year-old guy (per his driver's license) was creeping on another woman that worked at a pet store (age undetermined) and decides that since this 13-year old looks like her so much, I'm going to kidnap her but not before killing the guy she just met.  Does he need glasses too ?  Because while she looks like the object of his affection, it's definitely not her and he doesn't even realize this even after Nick brings it up to him.  Was Cara not telling him this at any point during the kidnapping ?  Because he didn't even seem aware that Cara was 13.

So back to stupid criminal -- he grabs the wrong girl and her sister and uses his own car for the kidnapping -- since he's just such a fun-loving spontaneous guy and never planned to kidnap the girls (but he seemed intent on kidnapping someone at some point. -- so he didn't really plan ahead.  Must be a career criminal with know-how like that. </sarcasm>  And he turns out to "The Bug guy" that takes deadly insects to show to kids in school.  And was stalking another woman who left town to get away from him.  I can't get past that this guy worked around kids.  Whose house was 

I'm still trying to figure out how this dude managed to abduct both Lexi and Cara from a busy mall without either of them calling for help ?  Obviously Cara and Pete never made it to his place "to hang" -- heck they never even made it out of the mall.  Where was Cara when Pete was being slaughtered -- waiting by the Orange Julius ?  Didn't Cara wonder where Pete got to ? And how and where did stalker/Cara meet up with Lexi -- did they wait an hour while she banged Axel ?  Or why he poisoned Lexi with that scorpion bite -- was he trying to kill or was it an accident ?  Because that was never resolved. 

This whole case seems pretty ridiculous and was basically just a lame reason to get Nick to further bond with Papa Nolan so he could get a new job.  Have we ever heard about Nick being tempted by Nolan before to go work for him before this episode ?  Seems pretty much retconned.

When the uniformed officers were going door-to-door in a 5 mile radius of where Lexi was found in the dumpster, did none of them go to the house where Lexi was being held ?  And since there would have been a BOLO for the 1986 Suburban, did those same cops just ignore the truck parked on the street ?  So who's house was that -- that also was never explained.  Why would he continue hanging around in that neighborhood after dumping a body.
That's some fine police work there Lou.  Thanks Chief. </Simpsons>

Nick goes to find the suspect without waiting for backup, so he's just looking to get killed or shot or stabbed -- and decides to go with his own version of a no-knock warrant of his own.  And kills the suspect all by himself after he threatens to kill Cara -- which gives us Nick the hero.

And Nick's herodom gets him a job offer in San Diego to take Papa Nolan's position leading the lab (for the inevitable CSI: San Diego spinoff) -- at least they didn't kill him off like Warrick.

• Love 1

I'm still trying to figure out how this dude managed to abduct both Lexi and Cara from a busy mall without either of them calling for help ?  Obviously Cara and Pete never made it to his place "to hang" -- heck they never even made it out of the mall.  Where was Cara when Pete was being slaughtered -- waiting by the Orange Julius ?  Didn't Cara wonder where Pete got to ? And how and where did stalker/Cara meet up with Lexi -- did they wait an hour while she banged Axel ?  Or why he poisoned Lexi with that scorpion bite -- was he trying to kill or was it an accident ?  Because that was never resolved.

I was wondering about all of this too.  Why were both sisters kidnapped?  Was it simply so they could show that imagined scene with kidnapper guy threatening to slash the younger girl's throat (which we found out later was wrong since she was the primary kidnapping victim).  It was definitely one of those episodes that you couldn't look at too closely because it kept making less and less sense.  

And the guy from San Diego was certainly made up simply to give Nicky a job offer.  

...Why were both sisters kidnapped?...

It was definitely one of those episodes that you couldn't look at too closely because it kept making less and less sense...

Well, they pretty much all are, but I imagined the young sister escaped while the perp was killing her blind date, and then he caught up with her after she made it back to her sister. Then he menaced them with the knife into going along with him. Duct tape always helps.

I can handle a certain amount of contrivance (there is a database that lists everyone who bought a scorpion? And that list can be cross-referenced with people who own really old Suburbans? Hmm, they must have borrowed Garcia's computer from Criminal Minds), but this show falls under the Mystery genre and what good is watching a mystery if you have no chance of figuring out who the killer/kidnapper is?  So, from now on, I will have to look at all the extras used in every scene to guess "who done it"?

They are trying too hard to make the killer a surprise.  If this show stays on the air long enough, we will eventually see an episode where the killer is some guy who walked across a hotel lobby and got into an elevator in the background of the opening scene, and then wasn't seen again until they cross-reference men who were purple ties with people who like garlic salt on their scrambled eggs.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not surprised this show is being put out to pasture, as it really has run out of ideas. First off, if my sister wanted me to go on a double date (assuming I were a 13 year old girl!), I think I might point out that the guy she chose was creepy as hell (couldn't they have at least made him charming - at least in a sleazy way?). And what exactly was the deal with their phones? The kidnapper only objected to their having them when she started filming. It wasn't as if she was being particularly subtle about it either, but even once he did object, all he did was toss the phones (since they actually watched it on her phone). Since the video was being sent to the father, wouldn't it have made more sense to have the daughter actually succeeding in sending it?

OttoDBusDriver Nick goes to find the suspect without waiting for backup, so he's just looking to get killed or shot or stabbed -- and decides to go with his own version of a no-knock warrant of his own.

I particularly liked the "Don't worry, I'll wait for backup" which you just knew was a lie. OK, I get that Nick was worried about the younger daughter, but don't cops traditionally worry hugely about abducted young (rich, white) girls?

OttoBusDriver Why wasn't Sarah as outraged at Mrs. Nolan for being such a shitty parent as she was at (the now cleared) Axel ?

I assume she was too confused that, counter to her prejudices, that it was the mum that was the crappy parent and dad was the good one!

Edited by John Potts