Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Lockdown

• Start Topic

LOL. Oh yeah, the prison compound is actually quite beautiful-- well, it was before the inmates set it on fire. I found a news article about it and was a bit sad to see that they didn't mention my father's name, but I was tickled that they referred to him as "a quick-witted immigration officer". The inmates were going to escape but he lobbed a gas grenade in and stopped them. 

The prison was described as looking more like a college campus than a prison. It's a 47 acre complex... They had pool tables, carpeting, and all sorts of stuff. Meanwhile they wouldn't even put sprinklers in the offices of the employees (which would have stopped the fires).

Anyhoo, yeah, the guy who got 30 plus life must have had a really horrible lawyer (unless he negotiated for a lesser sentence and then got a stiffer one for supposed violations while in prison).

• Love 1

Anyhoo, yeah, the guy who got 30 plus life must have had a really horrible lawyer (unless he negotiated for a lesser sentence and then got a stiffer one for supposed violations while in prison).

This was set in Texas remember. He could have been eligible for 2 death penalties served consecutively plus his family fined and/or deported.

Wow... That is just sad... I wonder if the writers got them from some FBI files or something.. or if it was life imitating art.

Also, while I get the previous comment about Texas deporting the family was either a joke or exaggeration, its not really that easy to deport someone and only the ICE can do it now.

Edited by zannej