Type keyword(s) to search

LAFF

Milz
  • Start Topic

" The network said it now has 800 total episodes from the series The Drew Carey Show, Night Court, Ellen, Empty Nest and Grace Under Fire."

(Tried to copy the text, but wasn't allowed.)

It's been since the show was being aired, since I last saw Grace Under Fire. I enjoyed it, so I'm wondering how it's held up.   I enjoyed Night Court and Drew as well.

::goes to see what else might get added::

" The network said it now has 800 total episodes from the series The Drew Carey Show, Night Court, Ellen, Empty Nest and Grace Under Fire."

(Tried to copy the text, but wasn't allowed.)

It's been since the show was being aired, since I last saw Grace Under Fire. I enjoyed it, so I'm wondering how it's held up.   I enjoyed Night Court and Drew as well.

::goes to see what else might get added::

I liked Drew Carey too. I never watched Grace Under Fire. If they have Empty Nest, I wonder if they'll get Golden Girls too?

I wonder if. due to the ABC connection, they will be limited on what they can show. They were producers on Empty Nest and Night Court , iirc, so that may be why they can run those shows. But how likely is a Dharma & Greg or Two Guys, a Girl & an Pizza Place

Maybe they can play classic cartoons for a two hour block on Saturday mornings? The Krofft Super Show and Hong Kong Phooey and Jonny Quest and The Groovy Ghoulies.

There are plenty of one season sitcoms, like The Job. that could be worth airing, along with a long-runner like Home Improvement.

I was looking at a Wiki-list of old ABC programming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_previously_broadcast_by_American_Broadcasting_Company#Sitcoms), but maybe looking at the actual  producers like Carsey Werner and Warners could be a better gauge?

• Love 1

I always get confused by the network related subchannels anyway, I don't know if it has to do with production companies but Decades on CBS is scheduled to show The Fugitive (ABC series), The Man from Uncle (NBC) and already showed all of Get Smart, which was on NBC except for CBS its last season.  Not sure what the reason is for some of this, though I am very glad to see anyone airing The Fugitive these days.

• Love 1

There's been so many mergers, sales, etc. of studios and media companies through the years that it's hard to track who owns what regarding television shows. When Decades shows up on my cable system (I hope) I'll be happy to see many of the shows I haven't seen in years too!

Maybe they can play classic cartoons for a two hour block on Saturday mornings? The Krofft Super Show and Hong Kong Phooey and Jonny Quest and The Groovy Ghoulies.

This is what I would like. :-)

• Love 2

There's been so many mergers, sales, etc. of studios and media companies through the years that it's hard to track who owns what regarding television shows.

I figure the network's "home-brewed" stuff is pretty easy to use. I looked up, out of curiosity, what ABC Studios has been financing.    Here is a partial list:

(emphasis on comedies, as the net is LAFF)

Animal Crack-Ups, Carol & Company, Blossom, Home improvement, The PJs, 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Daughter, According To Jim, Crumbs, Carpoolers, Cavemen, GCB, Happy Endings, In The MotherhoodThe Knights of Prosperity, My Wife and Kids, Reaper, Less Than Perfect, Sports Night, Life With Bonnie, and Woops!

If you only went with that list, you'd have a relatively decent 2-3 hour block for at least five nights to start.

Of the above, I'd choose- if I could- Blossom, 8 Simple Rules ..., Reaper, My Wife and Kids, Less Than Perfect and Sports Night.  If I could, I  might make a Bonnie Block and try to get her other series ( The Building and  Bonnie).

• Love 1

My ABC affiliate is still airing LiveWell.  On a clear day, the tv in our guest room can pick up the signal from the Baltimore ABC affiliate. Unfortunately, we've been having rain/overcast conditions.

• Love 1

LAFF is showing on 7-3 in New York City.  Tivo is still listing it as Live Well, but that's par for the course I guess.  I don't see any scheduled showings of Night Court yet unfortunately.

• Love 2

Guest room tv picked up the Baltimore affiliate for a few minutes yesterday. It was Ellen, followed by Ellen, and some other show I vaguely recall hearing about, but never watched. It had "wedding" in the title.

• Love 1

Wednesday I was flipping through channels, looking for background noise to clean with, and at least the DFW area has LAFF now!

I've been binging on the Bernie Mac and Drew Carey episodes. I try to catch Grace Under Fire when I can, as I enjoyed it when it originally ran. If the Spin City stuff comes around to the beginning, I might hop on. The Ellen episodes I caught sporadically back in the day, but when the Bruce Campbell episodes start up, I might seek them out more. ( I caught the opening of one Ellen where Mary Tyler Moore was showing Ellen how to do the famous twirl. It was a fun bit.)

Good news, I just saw online that LAFF will begin showing Night Court the evening of January 4, Monday.  It's scheduled for 2 shows from 8-9 pm Eastern and another 2 I think from 10-11 pm.  I'll have to check now to see if I'm getting the station in HD over Channel 7-3 in New York (last time I looked it appeared to be SD).

• Love 1

Laff is getting changes to their schedule and they are:

3rd Rock From The Sun and Spin City being removed from the weekend lineup

A Different World is returning once again after months of being off due to the Bill Cosby incidents

Cybill permanently leaving due to the rights expiring for that show

Home Improvement now showing in the mornings besides the usual nighttime airings

Night Court gone from the schedule after March 1 due to the contract expiring for the show

According To Jim being added

Edited by MikaelaArsenault

Cybill permanently leaving due to the rights expiring for that show

This makes me sad. That show is really underrated, the writing is so good. And Christine Baranski's Maryann is one of the funniest sitcom characters of all time. 

• Love 1

I've never seen the channel because it was never available in my area. I just went to their website to see that they seem to repeat the same handful of shows 7 days a week. It's been awhile since I've seen a network with pickings that slim. I was kind of shocked.