Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: SNL 40th Anniversary Special

• Start Topic

I absolutely loved seeing the auditions. Gilda was so precious. It's a damn shame she's not here for this.

It always weirds me out how Robert DeNiro, one of the greatest actors of all time, constantly stumbles over himself on this show.

Not gonna lie, the New York montage got me all choked up, probably more for personal reasons. I grew up in Pennsylvania (one town over from Upper Darby, where Tina Fey is from) and I dreamed of being able to live in NYC, and watching SNL every week just made me want to live there more. And now I do live here. Not only that, but I've gotten to see an SNL dress rehearsal, which wouldn't have been possible if I didn't live here.

• Love 7

I Not gonna lie, the New York montage got me all choked up, probably more for personal reasons. I grew up in Pennsylvania (one town over from Upper Darby, where Tina Fey is from) and I dreamed of being able to live in NYC, and watching SNL every week just made me want to live there more. And now I do live here. Not only that, but I've gotten to see an SNL dress rehearsal, which wouldn't have been possible if I didn't live here.

Collingdale here!  And I never knew Tina Fey was from Upper Darby! 

• Love 1

Keith Richards! And he introduced Paul McCartney!

My parents are watching in the other room and it was the first time they ever saw Celebrity Jeopardy. They loved it. (like I said, they bailed during the 80s).

Also, my dad told me that he is not a fan of G.E. Smith. He thinks he's an idiot.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
Also, my dad told me that he is not a fan of G.E. Smith. He thinks he's an idiot.

I've never heard of anyone having strong feelings about G.E. Smith. Interesting.  One of my favorite pieces of trivia is the G.E. Smith is Gilda Radner's first husband.

• Love 1

Inside Out, huh?  Wasn't there an Eddie Murphy movie that came out not long ago that had the same premise.

Pixar might make it awesome, though.

You might be referring to "Meet Dave," where tiny Eddie Murphy aliens pilot a giant Eddie Murphy ship. "Inside-Out" is about the actual emotions piloting people.

And of course we have a Political Sketch highlight reel, starting with Chevy as Ford. It of course was fantastic.

Oh man, Phil Hartman as Clinton and Hooks as Hillary was a great team, and Darrell Hammond and Ana Gasteyer/Amy Poehler filled their shoes so well.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Okay, I've gone with laundry...and wine.  Dinner will have to wait.

I can't add anything more substantive about the NY piece, except that it was stunning.

My laundry is in the dryer.  That's why they have commercials.

Dinner is ready and I'm starving.  Lucky me.......I have the SNL Anniversary show on in the kitchen too.

• Love 1