Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: SNL 40th Anniversary Special

• Start Topic

I'm happy to see Dave Chapelle, but has he ever done anything associated with the show? I wouldn't mind if he shows up in one of the sketches tonight. It's been far too long.

He said he had never been on the show (I think he auditioned), so I guess he's just as surprised as we are.

Is it wrong I want them to do a in Memoriam segment? So many brilliant people gone, most of whom had a HUGE impact on the show. 

I'm just glad (and surprised) that Dave Chappelle is still alive.

And he looked really healthy, too. I couldn't even remember the last time I heard anything about him, so I was too kinda surprised he's still alive, but he looks great. 

• Love 6

Is it wrong I want them to do a in Memoriam segment? So many brilliant people gone, most of whom had a HUGE impact on the show.

I really hope they do one. Don Pardo never really got a proper sendoff, despite being there since day one.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

So I don't think anyone (living) is missing. Are there any obvious SNL stars who aren't coming? 

ETA: Looking behind the people who are getting interviewed is much more entertaining than hearing the actual interview. Louis CK, Justin Timberlake, Sean Hayes, everyone is on that carpet.

Edited by BoogieBurns

Nice to see Eddie, but yeah, he pretty much won't be overtaking the show tonight (unless he actually does).  He'd have a chance if his 80s version (in and out of SNL) surfaced in full force.  Murphy with Norm, Will, and Darrell for a Celebrity Jeopardy segment (as Cosby, Burt, Alex & Sean) would be pure gold, IMO.

• Love 1

So I don't think anyone (living) is missing. Are there any obvious SNL stars who aren't coming? 

I might have to rewind in case I missed Dennis and Tracy (or anyone), but Tracy has a reason to miss, while Dennis just has an excuse

No, of course it's not wrong.  I hope they do one too.

• Love 1

SNL is lucky to have Chappelle there.  Sorry, but I worship the dude.  JB Smoove looked like an idiot to not even acknowledge him.

I saw Dave Chappelle do standup a couple of years ago.  One of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life.

If Tracy shows it will be a surprise for everyone. He definitely hasn't been announced. I will be in tears if he does show. Tears.

Absolutely.  I was trying to put a list together of my favourite castmembers of all time, and he might be my #2.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Okay, I stupidly haven't eaten dinner yet, and have a load of laundry in the washer that needs to go into the dryer.  And the show is about to start.

What to do....

Fortunately, I thought to pour the wine before 7pm 

• Love 1

Peyton doing the dance in the locker room was a thing of beauty on his show. 

Will Forte said that the original pitch of the sketch was just Will playing the song. Adding dancing just made it magical.

And Kanye is here to ruin everything.

AND IT BEGINS! The history of SNL, History of Rap style!

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2