Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Q&A

Point of clarification, Netfoot.  VAL worked directly from the audio, and the transcribers checked VAL's work.  As Finch said, "So the transcribers create a record of each user's questions and check VAL's responses -- a human intelligence backing up an artificial one."

Edited by DEM
  • Love 1

I feel that Claire is a naieve "true believer" as in she believes in the stated goals of Samaritan but does not know the means that Samaritan goes to to reach those goals, thus her shocked surprise at Samaritan being willing to shoot her and risk her life. Also I am willing to bet the software developer that died in the car accident was actually poisoned and the whole first story was true and Greer et all just told her it was made up only to lure Finch and fed her the BS about a regular car accident which she was willing to believe. I am not see it was a acknowledged character flaw of Finch or just sloppy writing, but why Finch thought he had any ability to ditch whatever team the sniper was part of to help Claire after being shot is just not smart. Also I think the men in the coats were there after Samaritan finally picked up Claire again on the security cameras in the school before the feeds were cut.

The teenage brat is so arrogant... can't stand her.  Though I did sort of fall for her trick, so I can't blame Finch.  She clearly sees Wrinkled Face (whatever his name is) as a father figure.

Overall, I thought the balance between the POI and the Samaritan plot was fine, and there was enough cross-over in the two.  I'm tired of all the "draws".  I need to see Samaritan and Wrinkled Face suffer a little.

Like pretty much everyone else, I don't like the teenage-genius character. I found it rather creep when she was showing Finch the classroom that Samaritan built. That was probably the last thing he wanted to see-children being essentially taught by an AI that doesn't get humans. Since Samaritan went online, Finch has seen every fear about an unchained AI come to pass.

Nice of Root to come in at the last moment, although the reunion with the teach was rather brief-and her not really looking all that happy to be there.