Type keyword(s) to search

S20: Speculation & Confirmed Info!

• Start Topic

I know Suzanne Somers is known for Three's Company, but I was a 90s child and watched TGIF religiously, so I was all about Step by Step. Wouldn't mind a reunion with Patrick Duffy.

Oh man, this is hilarious. It's like ABC has given up any pretense that the show isn't all about Derek. I wonder how many of the other pros were quietly optimistic about their chances, only to have this happen -

Robin Roberts: And finally, Derek Hough with Nastia Liukin!

Other DWTS pros: ....Fuck.

From a studio standpoint, I get it. Derek gets people talking, whether you love him or hate him. A controversial, talked-about pro is preferable to TPTB to a less "offensive" pro that inspires less discussion in general. (Sorry, Dmitry.) But you still suck, Derek.

I watched both Three's Company (with & without Suzanne's character) & Step by Step (that was as much, or more, for Patrick Duffy as for Suzanne though). Yes, I'm that old. They were on between my Jr. High & College years (or maybe later, for Step by Step).

Arguably, Three's Company (&/or leaving it so acrimoniously) is probably Suzanne's best-known acting credit (even over her sexy "Blonde in the Thunderbird" cameo in American Graffiti, which gets a lot of mention in her press stuff too). But I have to say I'm surprised a play on Step by Step wasn't used in her thread title, since dance movements are usually called "steps".

As for Noah's dancing ability on a prosthetic leg (at least), am I the only 1 who remembers when Heather Mills (who was Sir Paul McCartney's second wife) was on the show? She wore a prosthetic which started around her knee, I think (she lost part of a leg after being hit by a taxi). While she didn't win her season, she acquitted herself fairly well & probably got farther than anyone expected. And, of course, there's also Amy Purdy. Yes, those are female examples, & Noah's (obviously) a guy, but I think at least some of the "mechanics" involved are similar--although Sharna will also have to deal with his missing arm too. I wonder if it'll be easier or harder to choreograph, compensate, or whatever you wanna call it, with both missing limbs on the same side of the body than if they were on each side, like with Amy (who had both legs missing).

Victura--Suzanne has sung & danced in (among other things) concerts--both charitable benefits (many with her close friend, superstar Barry Manilow) & not; a short-lived Broadway show based on her life, titled The Blonde in the Thunderbird (after the credit for her cameo appearance in American Graffiti); & as a Las Vegas headliner, in the 1980's production show Moulin Rouge at the former Las Vegas Hilton (now the Westgate resort). She & the show were nominated for, & won many awards in the Las Vegas area, in fact. I think she also appeared in some Bob Hope specials (& on his USO tours), back in the day. I also seem to remember she headlined a TV special or so in her own name. She sang & danced in both Bob's specials & her own.

She's also apparently in pre-production/rehearsals for her new resident headliner gig at the Westgate resort in Las Vegas, which is supposed to start in May, if I have my information correct. So, yeah, I'd say she has singing--& at least some dancing--"chops", as it were.

I'm not from Las Vegas (1 of my best friends is), but I do read their papers online; celebrity columnist Robin Leach said in today's (Tuesday's) Las Vegas Sun that Suzanne & Tony have already been rehearsing there, in Las Vegas.

Edited by BW Manilowe

If Charlotte McKinney has any aptitude for dance at all (or at least isn't deemed "deceptively unfit" for a model) Keo and her could look like absolute fire on the dance floor. Maybe a little Stacy Keibler 2.0. If nothing else, it would almost be impossible for her to have a worse attitude than Lolo, so I'm thinking Keo's glad he gets to come back for a little bit of redemption.

Count me in on the Redfoo & Emma train. I expect them to do well together. Also interested to see how Michael Sam does. Football players have pretty much been hit or miss through the seasons, but Peta had success w/ Donald Driver so I wouldn't count them out of the mix.

I'm always interested in the rumors that don't pan out. For example, I could easily see a scenario where the New England Patriot's head coach Bill Belicheck (a curmudgeon on the best of days) quietly suggested that if Malcolm Butler wanted to keep his spot w/ the team...then DWTS wasn't probably the way to spend a chunk of his off-season. But Robert Kennedy Jr. and Roseanne were such a huge part of the speculation conversation from the very beginning, I just wonder were they red herrings from the start or did talks between both parties just break down the closer to showtime it got...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

I think at least some of the "mechanics" involved are similar--although Sharna will also have to deal with his missing arm too. I wonder if it'll be easier or harder to choreograph, compensate, or whatever you wanna call it, with both missing limbs on the same side of the body than if they were on each side, like with Amy (who had both legs missing).

I tend to think that it will be more of a challenge for Noah than for Amy or Heather, both for Sharna to choreograph and possibly for him to dance. Having only one prosthetic leg means that he will be imbalanced, and he's also an above-knee amputee, which makes it more difficult than a below-knee amputee with bending and knee action. (I believe both Amy and Heather were below-knee amputees.) Turning might be an issue too, but perhaps they could just turn to whichever side is easier. As for the arm, I don't know how they would do dances that require them to be in hold the entire time, like quickstep. Would he use a prosthetic arm for that? It could be an interesting aesthetic. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing what their partnership brings and have faith in Sharna's abilities.

I already hate the Riker dude because of his hair.

Yes. So much yes. Is that hair for real?

I saw on Extra tonight Tom Bergeron being interviewed and he said none of the pros knew in advance about Derek returning, that they found out when everyone at home found out so that may have been the reason for them not being able to hide any annoyance, they had to deal with the initial shock of it all too.

That's cold. Letting them all look around and make their plans for the season and then blow everything up with Derek and the most likely winner on live TV.

Oh man, this is hilarious. It's like ABC has given up any pretense that the show isn't all about Derek. I wonder how many of the other pros were quietly optimistic about their chances, only to have this happen -

It must be awful to have to stand there on live TV and find out exactly what your employer thinks of you compared to others. I don't even normally buy into the preferential treatment for Derek theories (even though he's one of the pros I like the least based on the two seasons I've watched and the tour) because I figure a lot of the reaction to the show is personal preference. But this is really cruel to the rest of the pros. I thought the field was pretty wide open with most of the pros having a good shot at winning, and I'm sure most of them thought the same thing before Nastia was revealed. At least with Meryl, there were Charlie and Amy to offset plus Candace and the strong conservative fanbase.

Robin Roberts: And finally, Derek Hough with Nastia Liukin!

Other DWTS pros: ....Fuck.

On live TV with no preparation. It's just so cruel. Poor Mark finding out like that that Derek was coming back with someone Mark's been trying to recruit for years for a pretty much guaranteed win. Ouch. The pros were all so likeable on the tour and were such great brand ambassadors and then they get treated like this - completely overshadowed.

• Love 10

I tend to think that it will be more of a challenge for Noah than for Amy or Heather, both for Sharna to choreograph and possibly for him to dance. Having only one prosthetic leg means that he will be imbalanced, and he's also an above-knee amputee, which makes it more difficult than a below-knee amputee with bending and knee action. (I believe both Amy and Heather were below-knee amputees.) Turning might be an issue too, but perhaps they could just turn to whichever side is easier. As for the arm, I don't know how they would do dances that require them to be in hold the entire time, like quickstep. Would he use a prosthetic arm for that? It could be an interesting aesthetic. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing what their partnership brings and have faith in Sharna's abilities.

This is Noah's appearance on Ellen from a couple months ago, he's wearing shorts, and the prosthetic he's wearing has an artificial knee joint, so if that's what he wears or something similar, it should be ok.

http://youtu.be/PRPVugGHOeY

I was talking to a friend who is a physical therapist, and she was saying that the majority of upper limb amputees find it easier to not have a prosthetic as they aren't useful, and get in the way more often than not. But I think Noah and Sharna will be open to the possibility.

That's cold. Letting them all look around and make their plans for the season and then blow everything up with Derek and the most likely winner on live TV.

It must be awful to have to stand there on live TV and find out exactly what your employer thinks of you compared to others. I don't even normally buy into the preferential treatment for Derek theories (even though he's one of the pros I like the least based on the two seasons I've watched and the tour) because I figure a lot of the reaction to the show is personal preference. But this is really cruel to the rest of the pros. I thought the field was pretty wide open with most of the pros having a good shot at winning, and I'm sure most of them thought the same thing before Nastia was revealed. At least with Meryl, there were Charlie and Amy to offset plus Candace and the strong conservative fanbase.

I agree this is so cold of the show.  Way to put the rest of your pros into a bad spot and possibly make them look bad in favour of the golden boy.  I usually don't care one way or the other about Derek.  I figure it is what it is, but in this case with all the talk of not coming back once again I have to say I will never fall for that trick again.  I'm just going to assume from now on that he's never going to take time off from the show.   How nice to separate him from the rest of the cast.  This isn't the first time this has happened.  Why isn't it possible for him to participate and be with the rest of the cast?  Are we going to have to listen to the hardships of commuting for the entire season?  I don't follow gymnastics anymore so have no idea who his partner is and have no feelings about her but I don't think she's a shoe in for the ultimate prize.  Wonder if there'll be a backlash given how many people think they were duped by the show and Derek?

I have to admit I laughed when I realized who Peta was paired with.  Wonder if things will be a little different with her approach and her costumes?   I recognize 50% of the rest of the cast so don't know what to expect but have high hopes that it will be entertaining.

• Love 3
Poor Tony. Just once couldn't they give him a decent partner? I know he had Melissa but that was an accidental pairing.

Tony has been paired with Stacy Kiebler (gorgeous woman and amazing dancer), Audrina Patridge (surprisingly good dancer, young and beautiful but didn't have the fanbase), Chynna Phillips (also really good dancer but unfortunately did not have a big fanbase). I won't deny he tends to get the older women but he has been given contenders more than once. 

I have to admit I laughed when I realized who Peta was paired with.  Wonder if things will be a little different with her approach and her costumes?

Why, because he's gay? Her costumes didn't really change that much last season when she was dancing with a guy old enough to be her father or hell even grandfather so I don't see that changing this season. 

Tony has been paired with Stacy Kiebler (gorgeous woman and amazing dancer), Audrina Patridge (surprisingly good dancer, young and beautiful but didn't have the fanbase), Chynna Phillips (also really good dancer but unfortunately did not have a big fanbase). I won't deny he tends to get the older women but he has been given contenders more than once. 

IIRC he also had Leah Remini and that Broadway actress Marissa Winakur who were pretty good. Yeah I dont have a ton of sympathy for Tony. Its not like he has ONLY gotten older women and really, accidental pairing or not he got Melissa TWICE including when it mattered the most, the much hyped All Star season and pulled out the win.  Hes a mirror ball winner so its not as if he's been screwed over his entire time at DWTS.

So opening thoughts a day late and I have yet to see a lot of initial interviews with the cast...

Weirdly Redfoo is one of my faves so far.  I saw some interviews with him and Emma and he really seems to be a smart guy with a great attitude going into this.  He's really focused on learning from Emma and he's taking it seriously, but also seems fun.  If he can translate that to the dance floor it will be great.  Plus he and Emma already seem to be getting along geat.  I had to laugh in the rehearsal footage when she told Redfoo that he was picking up things quicker than any of her best partners.  Low bar Emma.  I'm hoping for good things though as they were both adorable in what little I saw yesterday.

I am also looking forward to Noah and Robert.  I don't know what Noah will be able to do/not do, but I have faith in Sharna.  I also just love Robert and I don't entirely know why.  I thought I would be more excited about Michael, but maybe it's just the pairing with Peta.

Willow.  I'm conflicted on this one.  I like Willow a lot and she genuinely seems to be mature beyond her years, so if you are going to cast a 14 year old, she's a good one.  But 14 just seems too young.  To me 16 should be about the cut off.  I'm also starting to feel bad for Mark that they have now pigeonholed him as the go to partner for minors.  It's not even that I have a problem with it from a visual perspective and I trust Mark, but at 14 most people are still in their awkward stages and haven't fully grown into their bodies.  So I guess I'm not expecting Willow to have much grace and finesse.

Even if Keo's partner is good, he's got another early boot.  The woman has zero fanbase.

Rumer could go either way.  I've liked her in the interviews I've seen so far and she seems low drama, so I expect she and Val to be pretty good together.  I don't know what kind of fanbase she will have though. 

As someone with a few gay male friends, I have to say that it is ridiculously easy and fun to sexy dance with them.  So I don't see Peta having any problems bringing her standard of lewd to the floor (I was going to say seduction, but Peta's style is like being hit in the face with an axe - there is very little seduction going on.)

• Love 2

Why, because he's gay? Her costumes didn't really change that much last season when she was dancing with a guy old enough to be her father or hell even grandfather so I don't see that changing this season. 

Maybe my memory is fading (I'm getting older), but I didn't think her costumes were as racy last season with Tommy as they had been in the past.  Again, could be me blocking it out.  She seems to have super skimpy outfits on when there might be a possibility of a romance or perceived romance.  Again YMMV.

As someone with a few gay male friends, I have to say that it is ridiculously easy and fun to sexy dance with them.  So I don't see Peta having any problems bringing her standard of lewd to the floor (I was going to say seduction, but Peta's style is like being hit in the face with an axe - there is very little seduction going on.)

I agree and it's really fun to flirt with them and be affectionate.  I think the difference is in the perception of what the intention is if that makes sense.  It didn't occur with Tommy, but with some of her other partners it seemed like she was hitting on them and trying to make a romance happen.  It was awkward and made for uncomfortable viewing for me at times.  This time around you know there isn't a chance of them being a couple off the dance floor so any flirting etc isn't serious or meant to build up to something outside the studio in a sexual manner.  

I will also add in I felt the same way when Val danced with Zendaya and when Mark danced with Sadie.  I knew we weren't weren't going to get any phony "we're becoming a couple off set" shoved into our faces.  Sometimes those forced showmances or trying to make viewers believe there's something more going on outside the studio with couples makes me uncomfortable and detracts from the dancing.  If you're really a couple or become a couple that's okay, but I don't think you have to put on a show while getting there.   That's just my feeling on this. 

The fact that Riker is a descendent of the Holy Houghs is already all over the place in the media. I want to say I'm surprised, I do, but then I'd be a liar. And if I was a liar I'd have something in common with Derek "I swear I'm not coming back!" Hough, which is just gross.

I'm with everyone else that's (strangely?) excited for Redfoo and Emma. He has a lovely energy and seems like he's taking both Emma and the competition seriously. However, I'm having a hard time finding a problem in Willow's casting. I know she's fourteen, but judging by the few interviews I've seen, she's incredibly mature for her age — which of course doesn't take away from the fact that she's flippin' fourteen, but maturity oftentimes makes all the difference. Lest she have any Sadie-like religious restrictions, I think Mark can absolutely do with her what Val did with Zendaya. He's already proven himself plenty. Willow reminds me of Zendaya personality-wise anyway.

• Love 2
Sometimes those forced showmances or trying to make viewers believe there's something more going on outside the studio with couples makes me uncomfortable and detracts from the dancing.

Okay but that's about showmances in general which trust me I am no fan of. And while yes, Peta has had her showmances with Brant and James, I thought your initial comment was about her costumes and performance style in general and I was just saying that I don't think it will change because she was the same when she she danced with married Donald Driver who she won with, with Bachelor Sean who was engaged and yeah the same with Tommy. Yes there wasn't off-stage flirtation and talk of chemistry and passion or whatever with these people but that's the show. Put two young attractive Pro and celebrity together and the showmance stuff starts. 

For this anniversary show, they need to bring back all the favorite pros from the eariler seasons and have Louis ( NOT Mandy Moore) choreograph a fabulous pro number like the old days!

Yes, please. Louis, Lacey, anyone. I would have been happy to have Derek do some guest choreography if he wasn't back as a pro. I'm sick of Mandy Moore's numbers. They all look the same.

Edited by Buggin

Phew!

My biggest emotion is R-E-L-I-E-F.  There were some names being bandied about more and more whom I abhor.  Everyone named is fine by me.  Very unexpected, and welcomed, to me.

I admire the stew out of Derek.  But this return is garbage.  I first thought he would be too mentally exhausted to do any justice to Nastia, but then I realized that the show he is in won't change.  He'll just be performing the same things over and over and over again.  It is rotten that he got the ringeriest ringer since the Liberty Bell in Nastia.  Since we are fated to see them through to the end, they damn well better come up with several "wow" routines.  They absolutely should be judged on a higher curve of expectation.

I see Sharna gets another "project" partner.  I just knew as I was watching her make that truly horrid Andy Dick way better than ever imagined or deserved that she would be stuck in this niche.  She is a favorite of mine, though, and with the war hero, it will be an upset if they do not make it to the Semis.  I know I will be rooting like crazy for them.

Emma has also been shoehorned into a role: Team Quirky.  Redfoo is a bit of a gadfly and we all saw how he avoids taking anything seriously.  I really like Emma and hope the early buzz I am reading in here pans out.

I wanted to mention that my first Suzanne Somers sighting was in her first credited role on Ben Casey.  She played a young teen and very well evoked some deep emotion.  I thought at that time she may have a career.  I never would have guessed she would become a blonde bombshell.   I look forward to seeing her kick some butt and opening some eyes to her talent.

When I referred to Peta's "sexy" style as being more like being bludgeoned with an axe than seductive, I was referring to her choreo more than her costumes.  She has a very aggressive style to my eyes.

This I agree with completely. I've actually said before that I think that's partly why she seems more sexually overt and even offensive to some versus someone like Edyta years ago. Because honestly, Edyta's costumes were just as skimpy and half-naked as Peta's but I don't remember many going on about Edyta like they have with Peta. And I think it's because of how aggressive Peta is in her movements. 

• Love 2

When I referred to Peta's "sexy" style as being more like being bludgeoned with an axe than seductive, I was referring to her choreo more than her costumes.  She has a very aggressive style to my eyes.

Yeah, she does that handstand/scissor-leg move with her partner's face between her legs that I absolutely abhor for its tackiness. And I say that as a hobbyist latin dancer, so I'm not a stranger to "sexy" moves.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1

On live TV with no preparation. It's just so cruel. Poor Mark finding out like that that Derek was coming back with someone Mark's been trying to recruit for years for a pretty much guaranteed win. Ouch. The pros were all so likeable on the tour and were such great brand ambassadors and then they get treated like this - completely overshadowed.

Mark said in a press line interview that Derek told him that morning he was returning. He didn't know about Nastia though.

Michael Sam will be participating in the combine for veteran players on Sunday March 22nd, not the rookie combine the next day. This shouldn't affect his DWTS participation, as he noted in one of the interviews he and Peta gave the media.

So I've seen live rehearsals so far for Redfoo, Robert and Rumer and they all come across really well and are really likable.  Rumer is going to be really good.  Like really good.  I realize she and Val are a little further along in their rehearsals as I think they were one of the first partnerships to meet, but she is a natural.  She's also very low key and seemingly drama free, in a good way.  IMO she's already a more natural mover than Janel ever was and she's been at this a little over a week.  Plus Rumer being easy going and laid back makes for a good partnership with Val, who so far seems more easy going this season.  I swear he takes on the personalities of his partners to some extent so just being out of Janel's orbit makes him a million times more likable.  I also realize it's pre-season, but Redfoo/Emma, Robert/Kym and Rumer/Val all have really good vibes as partnerships.  It's hard to imagine any of them being real dramatic.

The live rehearsals are so fascinating on a lot of levels, both in seeing how the pros teach but also how their celebs learn.  They should have done this sooner and it's not too much of a time suck on the dancers as I think they are doing an hour a week.  There is a Michael/Peta rehearsal airing today and another Robert/Kym one sure on Monday.  

• Love 1

Just posted in the Rumer thread about yesterday's. As I said there, one of the things that I think is great about it is that the couples can present how *they* want to, and not how the PTB want to present them. Missed Redfoo, am concerned about Charlotte out of hold, but all that I've seen I've felt positive about. Not equally, but still positive. 

I'm loving this. 

Just posted in the Rumer thread about yesterday's. As I said there, one of the things that I think is great about it is that the couples can present how *they* want to, and not how the PTB want to present them. Missed Redfoo, am concerned about Charlotte out of hold, but all that I've seen I've felt positive about. Not equally, but still positive. 

I'm loving this. 

I watched Rumer and Val's, too. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it and them. When they first announced the live stream thing, I thought it was going to be a mess. But, it actually was really interesting with how they interacted, how Val teaches, and how seriously Rumer seems to be taking this. I also gained a lot of respect for the stars that take the lessons seriously. That was some hard work they were doing. I'm going to have to try to find some of the others on youtube to watch.

I did enjoy that the producer told Val to take off the costume when he said he was hot - any excuse TPTB have to get Val shirtless - and that Val was so stressed out about not being able to curse and having to "entertain" in the beginning. I was surprised how much the producers actually interjected and that they had someone on hand to cut away for cursing or anything inappropriate. I always knew the show was highly produced but it was startling to see it. Rumer is not at all like I thought she'd be. I don't even know what I was basing my thoughts of her on, but she's actually very likeable and seems fun. I'm excited for this partnership.

I was so looking forward to hearing who the "stars" are this season, and lovin' the hell out of the fact that the golden boy wouldn't be on my TV screen.  Since I don't even know who over half of these people are, and the fact that Derrick is indeed back, I think I'm going to sit out this season.  Can't stand watching him make his own rules and get tongue baths every week.  I will, however, be reading here to keep up on the snark! 

So I've seen live rehearsals so far for Redfoo, Robert and Rumer and they all come across really well and are really likable.  Rumer is going to be really good.  Like really good.  I realize she and Val are a little further along in their rehearsals as I think they were one of the first partnerships to meet, but she is a natural.  She's also very low key and seemingly drama free, in a good way.  IMO she's already a more natural mover than Janel ever was and she's been at this a little over a week.  Plus Rumer being easy going and laid back makes for a good partnership with Val, who so far seems more easy going this season.  I swear he takes on the personalities of his partners to some extent so just being out of Janel's orbit makes him a million times more likable.  I also realize it's pre-season, but Redfoo/Emma, Robert/Kym and Rumer/Val all have really good vibes as partnerships.  It's hard to imagine any of them being real dramatic.

The live rehearsals are so fascinating on a lot of levels, both in seeing how the pros teach but also how their celebs learn.  They should have done this sooner and it's not too much of a time suck on the dancers as I think they are doing an hour a week.  There is a Michael/Peta rehearsal airing today and another Robert/Kym one sure on Monday.  

So far I'm loving the live rehearsals too.  Very cool insight.  I've seen Redfoo/Emma, Robert/Kym & Rumer/Val.  I really like the dynamics of these partnerships so I'm excited.  I watched Peta & Michael's today and I'm a bit "meh" on their partnership so far.  I think I just prefer the teaching styles of Kym, Emma & Val more than Peta. Also it didn't feel like they ever forgot the camera was there.  They seemed "on" the entire time.  For Kym, Emma & Val after a certain point they truly got into teacher mode and the celebs got into "learning" mode.  It's still early but maybe they'll grow on me.  I can't wait to see more.

I am MOST interested to see Allison TEACH BALLROOM ON A LIVE FEED!!  That will be interesting.

Re: Allison being back. Perhaps they paired her up with Riker because he has some ballroom dance experience.

It'll be nice to see one of them know what they're doing. 

Willow.  I'm conflicted on this one.  I like Willow a lot and she genuinely seems to be mature beyond her years, so if you are going to cast a 14 year old, she's a good one.  But 14 just seems too young.  To me 16 should be about the cut off.  I'm also starting to feel bad for Mark that they have now pigeonholed him as the go to partner for minors.  It's not even that I have a problem with it from a visual perspective and I trust Mark, but at 14 most people are still in their awkward stages and haven't fully grown into their bodies.  So I guess I'm not expecting Willow to have much grace and finesse.

I feel for Mark too. He's actually grown on me quite a bit these past few seasons and he's done a very thoughtful job working with women who ask for certain rules and standards to be applied to how they dance and dress. But just like when I feel for Tony or Tristan for getting stuck with a "type" of contestant, I feel for Mark. These pros (save Alison) are all amazing ballroom dancer with years of training and technique. They have incredible skillsets that I could never even dream of. They all have to dumb down their dancing as a part of this show, but when a pro gets the same type over and over they don't get to use all the tools in their toolbox. Mark is 28 years old - maybe he wants to do sexy rumba. Maybe he's got a great idea for a sensual Argentine Tango. But when he's given stars with similar requirements season after season, it stifles him. I'd rather see all the pros get different types each season. It think it would create more interesting choreography and better dynamics between the partnerships if the pros were challenged and afforded the opportunity to do something different. 

I am MOST interested to see Allison TEACH BALLROOM ON A LIVE FEED!!  That will be interesting.

I'm so ready for this. Its easy to cover just how little ballroom she knows in an edited sequence but there will be no editing so we will finally know just how much she picked up from those lessons with Derek. I can't imagine its going to look or sound like a session with Emma or Sharna.

• Love 3

I've been catching parts of the rehearsals as well. Just the end of Emma and Redfoo, with lots of Emma talking. Felt that Val and Rumer was a lot of talking too. Lecturing, actually. When the student's eyes glaze over, time for a little less talk and a lot more action.

Actually enjoyed Peta and Michael. He's a charmer, and Peta seems very at ease with him. He moves very well, but his feet were driving me crazy. Actually, it was his weight distribution as he was sitting back in the Cha Cha and had a lot of heel leads. I'm sure she will get to that, seemed like she was trying not to correct too much at once. 

I agree, Keo is in trouble. Charlotte has no dance experience at all. Couldn't turn, but at least she's in shape and has a good attitude. 

Is anyone else really annoyed that they havent announced Witney's  partner yet? It occurred to me these last few days watching the live feed and getting to enjoy watching these pairs interacting and following on Twitter/Instagram the pics they are all posting..except Witney.  Obviously she can't do any of these things because its up to the higher-ups to make their formal announcement but its bugging me. Hell even the promo shoot that we saw lots of behind the scenes pics of it was Witney by herself. This isn't right IMO.

• Love 1

I saw the Michael/Peta feed today too.  FWIW, somebody as of now is recording them all and putting them on youtube so there are recordings out there of I think all of them besides maybe the first one with Redfoo/Emma.   Michael has potential too, so I've yet to see a celeb who looks tragic and who will likely be horrible (I didn't see Charlotte).  Michael might continue in the vein of some football players where he is a lot of fun on the dance floor and a real crowdpleaser but lacks the technical finesse?  Don't get me wrong in that I think Michael will actually work hard on technique, but dude has big feet and so Peta kept talking about him needing to work on his weight distribution and also taking smaller steps.  I think he might be a little pigeon-toed too.  But that said, Michael seems to have natural rhythm and I could see the crowd loving him.

Which is it considered a spoiler to talk about their opening week dance because Peta confirmed their song and they were working on some of their cha cha choreography during the hour.  Whereas Val the day before didn't want to work on their foxtrot on camera (I assume their week 1 dance?) because he didn't want to give anything away.

I think the next feed on Monday is another Robert/Kym rehearsal, which I will gladly watch, but I'm not sure why we are getting two of some before we see any of others.  I'm wondering if it's up to the pros to sign themselves up for the feeds so they can do as many as they want in a given week.  Though it's also not a bad marketing tool for the celebs/partnerships.  It's a good way to try and get fans invested in your partnership pre-show.  I do know some people are traveling...Noah/Sharna and Redfoo/Emma, so I assume we will mostly be seeing LA based rehearsals.

On Witney, I agree it's annoying they haven't officially announced her partner yet.  I don't care about her partner at all, but it's annoying she can't post anything or participate in any of the fun until the official announcement.

They did the same with Sean Lowe; wasn't announced until right after the final Bachelor ep. At least we informally knew both times.

I thought Michael and Peta were having a wonderful time. Never seen Peta so relaxed, it was nice. And I have to say, the more of these I see the less good Charlotte's chances look, though I still think the changeover when they danced in hold at the end of the rehearsal was dramatic.

Hope someone posts Redfoo and Emma so I can complete my collection.

I saw the Michael/Peta feed today too. FWIW, somebody as of now is recording them all and putting them on youtube so there are recordings out there of I think all of them besides maybe the first one with Redfoo/Emma. Michael has potential too, so I've yet to see a celeb who looks tragic and who will likely be horrible (I didn't see Charlotte). Michael might continue in the vein of some football players where he is a lot of fun on the dance floor and a real crowdpleaser but lacks the technical finesse? Don't get me wrong in that I think Michael will actually work hard on technique, but dude has big feet and so Peta kept talking about him needing to work on his weight distribution and also taking smaller steps. I think he might be a little pigeon-toed too. But that said, Michael seems to have natural rhythm and I could see the crowd loving him.

Which is it considered a spoiler to talk about their opening week dance because Peta confirmed their song and they were working on some of their cha cha choreography during the hour. Whereas Val the day before didn't want to work on their foxtrot on camera (I assume their week 1 dance?) because he didn't want to give anything away.

I think the next feed on Monday is another Robert/Kym rehearsal, which I will gladly watch, but I'm not sure why we are getting two of some before we see any of others. I'm wondering if it's up to the pros to sign themselves up for the feeds so they can do as many as they want in a given week. Though it's also not a bad marketing tool for the celebs/partnerships. It's a good way to try and get fans invested in your partnership pre-show. I do know some people are traveling...Noah/Sharna and Redfoo/Emma, so I assume we will mostly be seeing LA based rehearsals.

On Witney, I agree it's annoying they haven't officially announced her partner yet. I don't care about her partner at all, but it's annoying she can't post anything or participate in any of the fun until the official announcement.

Commenting on the bolded. If you don't see, or it takes awhile to see, Suzanne & Tony's rehearsals, they're supposedly rehearsing in Las Vegas (at least according to Robin Leach [yes, the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous guy, for those old enough to remember it], who writes a "celebrity news" column for the Las Vegas Sun newspaper).

Besides doing DWTS, Suzanne is in pre-production/rehearsals for her own "resident headliner" show at the Westgate resort in Las Vegas (which used to be The International, The Las Vegas Hilton--both of which are prominent in Elvis history--&, most recently. The LVH). Her show is supposed to open there in May, apparently.

So, honestly, I was really surprised when I heard she'd joined DWTS for this cycle/season--it seems like a bit much to have on her proverbial plate at the same time, you know? Having said that, she seems like a fairly energetic, driven woman (for 68, or whatever age she actually may be); so I'm pretty sure she'll be able to do it all fairly well, & she wouldn't have chosen to do this DWTS season if she didn't think it was possible to do it & get her Las Vegas show off the ground at the same time.

It was just cruel of them to get my hopes up and then cast Golden Boy anyway.  What a disappointment!  And they gave him a partner who, on paper at least, appears to have a lot of potential.

I'm only "tired of" Derek when he looks like he's phoning it in, which he has for the past couple of seasons. Being paired with Nastia sounds like it has the potential for some fantastic dancing, like what we saw with him and Shawn during the All-Star season, so I am looking forward to seeing them together.

I've never heard of this Riker kid and I don't care if he's related to the Houghs; I'd give him the same chance I give almost everyone on this show except he's paired with Allison and I just can't with her, so they're my hope for the first cut.

Noah's hot and he's paired with my girl Sharna, so yay them :)

I've calmed down a bit about the casting of a freaking 14-year-old child, Jesus Christ. I haven't seen any interviews with them yet so I'll take the board's word for it that she's very mature, but I am pre-squicked about some of the dances. I have never thought any of Mark's previous young partners looked comfortable during their more mature dances, and I don't even want to think about what the producers might push on us.

..and Witney tweeted that her partner would be revealed within the next couple of weeks.  That falls into the time period for the finale. They wouldnt drag this out if it was Chris Harrison. How annoying..especially after seeing the official partner portraits to not see Witney in there.  The reason I'm anxious to see the interaction between her and Chris is because I feel like because I dont care for him that I'm already going to dislike them as a pair, but the livefeed has had me feeling quite different towards some of these couples already.  LOVE Redfoo and Emma who I thought might be a joke and Val and Rumer? The biggest shock for me because I cant stand Val and I found them so charming.

Chris Harrison is someone I'd be excited to watch. He seems like a fun guy.

Chris Soules is pretty but dumb. No, I'm sorry, that's pretty dumb. (<-- that's a quote from Friends.) Seriously though, have you heard the guy talk? He's got the personality of a rock and he says the stupidest things. I will admit that he's not unattractive though, and he's not afraid to make fun of himself so at least he's a good sport, but he's probably not going to be much better than Sean Lowe.

• Love 3
Sight unseen, I'm pegging them as a mid-season boot.

There was an episode on the Bachelor where he attempted to waltz with his date. Not good. Unless he has a huge fan base, I think he'll be gone after 2-3 weeks.

I like Witney but since she's coming off her win with Alfonso I'm okay with her getting a potential dud. The women don't seem to fare as well as some of the men do getting consecutive ringers.

Supposedly, the Tuesday results show will return for the second half of the season. Maybe they will showcase some former pros in dances for that?

A jive on week one is usually a recipe for disaster. Ryker will probably be fine (he's young and athletic), but Charlotte better not be the unathletic model type and Chris better be able to move better than he strings together sentences, otherwise they're going to be in for a rough start, IMO.

It kinda amuses me that Patti LaBelle's first dance is to one of her own songs. :)