Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Jill's Secret

Wow, they really are keeping the focus on Jill, aren't they?

I'm in the group that finds Jessa's bluntness refreshing (especially in an environment where being sweet and agreeable is so prized; she seems to have found a nice balance of being blunt/bitchy...pleasantly). Liked Grandma's being supportive of spending a normal amount on bridesmaid dresses, and Jessa's priority of getting something that didn't need extensive work by Jana. With 10 bridesmaids, you'll never find something they'd all truly love wearing anyway, and it looks entirely possible that "the wedding" was buying the dresses for everyone anyway. (Even if not, a $50 dress you don't particularly like isn't doing AT ALL badly for bridesmaid duty/honor anyway. I was much more cheerful about the dress I'm ok with (could repeat but won't) that was free to the $120 dress the bride had her sister and me choose - she was annoyed enough about having to pick her own dress and wanted nothing to do with it, and we have very similar body types and taste in formalwear - that I do love but have had no occasion to wear again over the last decade. At least it's classic and would still work well on a cruise's formal night, which is the only reason it's still in the back of my closet.)

I'd like to thank Derick for "we're expecting," not "we're pregnant."

Bin really had his bitch panties on tonight. You could tell he hated the house and he made that snarky comment about Derick and Jill beating him and Jessa in both the wedding and baby department. Anna's comment about being jealous was a joke, but not really.

I'd rather take my chances with a low-rent crappy apartment than one with mold everywhere, too! Especially since he already has allergies and would feel it immediately. Like, as-is the house isn't really a gift, more of a "with friends like these, who needs enemies" situation. I have decent allergies and would have been pissed that anyone would have even sent me into the house at that point - we know from off-show that JB was aware of the mold already. Hopefully they got that all taken care of (by people who knew what they were doing), and the roof/whatever else caused it, before they moved in. (At which point, even though Jill's house is gorgeous, I'm not sure I'd want to deal with something that size for just a few people. The bathroom size upgrade is the only part that would tempt me.)

I also caught his "beat us again" to the pregnancy announcement, and Jessa's look of "you really said that in front of the cameras?!" Lol, she's had a lot more media training than he has.

Why does Michelle still have pregnancy tests? Even if they're leftovers from her fertile days, a sane person would've gotten rid of them by now. Josie's five.

Oh, I don't think they're leftover. I'd imagine she's still using them anytime she's a day late, which is probably frequent enough at her age.

It's appalling that they would call the film crew while their child was having a seizure. But then, it's not the first time, is it?

We'll have to see (unless it came out when it happened? I don't follow them online unless I stumble across a headline about something), but I was assuming they were already filming normally when it happened. Unless they re-created carrying the poor child out to the rig with oxygen, which seems a bit much even for them. (I know, I'm an optimist.) What I don't understand is why they don't insist/contract that filming stop during real medical emergencies like this (and Michelle's pre-eclampsia). Well, I do understand, it's great TV (relative to most of their other filler plot lines), but I can't imagine myself making that trade-off. When my mom had amnesia (like, for real), it was actually objectively hysterical, and my dad and I debated taking some cell phone video (after the doctors were pretty sure it would pass within a day and she'd be fine, but there was no way to really be sure of the diagnosis until it passed). She wishes we had, since she was fine, but at the time when you aren't 100% sure it's going to be ok it just felt too wrong. And that was our analysis of our taking personal video with and for just us. So it's mind boggling to me that, money and ratings or not, you wouldn't tell the cameras to GTFO until things stabilized.

Edited by WalrusGirl
  • Love 2

Man, the timelines of these plots were sooo screwed up. Benessa didn't even get engaged until about 10 days after Jill and DerickDillard announced the second coming. 

Jinger wore that godawful heart/leopard shirt that Jessa wore in some of her engagement pics, so we know that the slumber party happened before 8/14. But wait! Jessa's engaged! But not really. 

I also think that they did that "inspection" of the Johnson Rd. house long before the engagement. They needed quite some time to eradicate that place of mold (and I also read the accounts on FJ last year; he got blasted for being a troll there, but it looks like he was telling the truth), as well as completely remodel the kitchen. 

Not a word about how Jill meets DerickDillard at work for lunch and drives him to and from work. He doesn't come home and "smell dinner cooking" unless every meal is in the slow cooker, and I'm sure they're not. Picking him up every day would seem to limit what she can cook, since the trip would mess up cooking times. I suppose she could do all her prep and whip up dinner once they're back home. I think that's how I'd end up doing it to avoid using the slow cooker every.fucking.day. 

I also noticed the regression in Jordyn's speech. Poor baby. And Josie crawling all over the tables and reaching into the basket of polish before her sisters. Since I saw a picture of her yesterday (Monday...still Tuesday here) crawling all over the table at the TTH, nothing has changed. They really do let her run around like a feral dog, don't they? 

MEchelle really hates having the spotlight taken away from her, doesn't she? Her insertions into Jessa's bogus "wedding planning" scenes was painful. 

Great observation as to the psychology behind Jessa putting the bitch on Level Defcon 9. With those parents and a suck-up, tattle-tale sister like Jill right above you, I'd clam up and be a sarcastic bitch, too. I almost pity Ben....then I remember his almost nightly Instagram religious rants and that feeling passes. 

Boob remains absolutely disgusting. Get out of your daughter's bedroom, you old lech! 

• Love 5

I am really concerned about Jill feeding four and a half year old Josie her breakfast cereal since this is something my kids were doing when they were 18 months old. Could she be behind and the Duggars are hiding it.

I wonder if I heard it right but I think I heard Mullet say that she floved being a grandmother.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 3

I was assuming they were already filming normally when it happened.

Could be, but even then - same as with Jason's accident, it just seems like if you have any decency at all you'd tell the camera crew to back the hell off, as your child's suffering is not fucking entertainment fodder. 

• Love 6

Um, "Jill's Secret"? Is this show turning into a comedy parody? I was quite disappointed again; they are playing with time again. We can't believe that all this happened in 30 days; heck, they were in NC for their honeymoon for the first half of that weren't they? Do they expect us to believe that the "tea party" happened before Jill knew she was expecting? You can plainly see that she had already "popped" in the video footage of that "event".

I can't believe the condition of Grandma Duggar's house...did Anna and Josh live there with that mold? And those filthy mattresses..BOTH of them were stained. This family has confirmed my belief that they are simply dirty. I wouldn't put my dog on those mattresses. I noticed in earlier footage of Anna in the bathroom of that house when they were living there you could already see the black mold around the bathtub.

Jim Bob does have a perverted fascination in his daughters' sex lives...NONE OF HIS BUSINESS...

Yes, no mention of the jillduggarillard taxi service to and from work....LUNCH INCLUDED lifestyle. How did derickdillard get to work with the visiting younger Duggars spending the night? Did Jill trust him to actually drive himself to work AND BACK all by himself?

What's up with Jill feeding Josie? I understand perhaps the kid might have some delays across the board and health issues from her prematurity, but pretending they don't exist is yet another way this family buries it's collective head regarding things that aren't 'just perfect" in their religious world.

Totally fictitious staged "we're expecting" scene. It didn't happen that way at all.,..it was already accounted for as it happened last summer. Jill was already visiting and at the urging of her sisters she took yet another pregnancy test...Why did derickdillard say that they "one they took" yesterday was negative..and who was he referring to that they "told" that to?

Michelle has a severe case of "babies on the brain"...her comment to Guinn Seewald about being a grandmother within the next year was unbelievable. A much younger Guinn cautioned Michelle like a more normal adult woman that they needed to take this one step at a time, babe.

You can also see clearly, yet again, Jill highlighting her maternity abdomen in the opening sequence of the show....so tacky of her once again, IMO.

The only motivation I could see from Ben in getting married was the finally being able to have sex with Jessa thing. He seemed to me to be growing a bit discouraged about the whole wedding process and the resulting lifestyle for him...working for Jim Bob,, living in that moldy house with allergies...just not right for that kid.

The parents say once their kids marry, it's "leave and cleave, baby", but they have failed to do so from Josh on down so far...they "gave" all a home to live in...not cutting the cord, IMO.

Anna, was, indeed jealous of Jill...why? Anna has been married 6 years, has 3 kids...Jill is on her first...so competitive, and just not Christian behavior.

I also noticed the post it note on Jessa's bed...why is it there? Yeah, I'm sure both of those courting girls woke up with sweaty sheets every morning and needed a towel between their legs on their wedding day...evident of Jill licking derickdillard's fingers at her wedding reception!

Too much re-lived footage...we get it and TLC just aired a whole day of video back up...how dumb are we?

The wedding clothing choices made except for Jill's bridesmaid's dresses were chosen for the season in which they did the shopping; not for the season in which they were going to be worn...

I think I have taken up enough space here on this page, but oh, so much to comment on.....I'll sit back and enjoy all of your observations as always...

• Love 3

Jill and Derick remind me of a couple of teenagers playing house.  And the scene where Derick asks Jill about her family reaction to the pregnancy surprise. Ugh!!! Her giggling would make me want to slap her. Derick must be in love or lust to put up with her immaturity.

I thought it was sad when I heard Jill say that when she was a kid, she had to grab some food and eat it in the bathroom to make sure she had some,

Did I hear correcty?  In one of Mechelle's talking heads I thought I heard her say that it's been only two weeks since Jill and Derick's wedding and now they have to plan another.  IIRC Jessa and Ben got engaged on August 14.  Hmmmm....

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 4

Most homeschooling families I know would use the discovery of the mold as an opportunity to learn about mold. Yet in a TH a couple of howlers were incapable of articulating what mold is, even on the most basic level.

Jill and Derick are the most boring and inarticulate couple I've ever seen. I thought that "revelation" would never end.

• Love 3

I had to laugh when Derick said something about having to tell Jill to lower her voice.

I am so grossed out that Anna and Josh's old home has mold. Disgusting. That's the one thing a homeowner/landlord should nip in the bud immediately after discovering its appearance. 

• Love 1

The youngest girls Josie and Jordyn so need some speech therapy. At 5 you should be able to understand what Josie is saying. No one seems to care. Jill should not have been feeding Josie. No way should they continue to baby her.

Grandma's old house with the old mattress was simply disgusting. Who leaves behind a mattress for someone else to use?

Lastly can MEchelle be more annoying? Clearly no one thinks anything of her as she tries to "help" them get things done. Sending the littles to stay with Jill was like saying go visit your real mother and just stay a while. Jinger looked overly tired (did MEchelle say that Jinger could use a break? *my head is spinning* because now she has taken over doing everything that Jill and Jessa used to do while Joyless Anna is down for the count. While Jana was on Josh and Anna duty.

Again......what does MEChelle do all day??

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1
Annoying as Josie is, I feel sorry for her.  The older she gets, the more humiliated she's going to be being "babied" on camera like this, assuming she's "with it" enough to comprehend it.  That kid seems miles away most of the time.

It reminds me of a movie with Stephanie Zimbalist: Caroline?  In it, one of the characters was a little girl with some sort of birth defects, mostly affecting her legs that were in braces. But her mother infantilized her, as there was nothing wrong with her brain, she hated it, almost hating her mother because of it.  Josie may well do the same as she gets older.  I don't think Josie is that far behind that she has (or will) have no mental ability to see how others are able and allowed to do things she won't be able or allowed to do because Mama won't let her.  She may well be able to eat on her own, but if others continue to feed her, why bother. Another example: Helen Keller before Ann Sullivan. Maybe because of her seizures, they want her to be calm as possible thinking stress maybe a trigger. She can do what she wants because they don't want her upset and they're infantilizing her. She's getting attention, so why change?

• Love 1

Jessa came off as a spoiled brat. You should be dam grateful that your parents gave you and your teenaged husband a hime to live in at all.  We didn’t need to be reminded that Michael was born on your toilet. That was cringe worthy. The mattress in Smuggar and Anna’s home was disgusting! And the mold. I’m surprised they didn’t get it fixed after Smuggar and Anna moved.

all the anticipation to the announcement was not necessary. We knew what it was at this point. Why was Jill feeding Josie like a baby? She’s FIVE years old, for God’s sake. She probably doesn’t know how old she is, because they all treat her like she’s a baby.  I wonder how old the pregnancy tests are that J’Chelle has. I hope they’re not expired.  Did anyone else notice that Anna said she was jealous when Jill called? Jill has officially won the prize for quickest Duggar conception. 

J’Chelle is going to be throwing daggers at Jill when she’s in labor. I can see it now.  Also, how did Anna know that Jill was pregnant when they called? Was that baby gift a tip off that she was already pregnant at the wedding?

• Love 5
First the mold in Grandma's house, it was bizarre. How was it all over the house? I wonder if it was vacant for a while in the summer and Boob was too cheap to run the a/c.? And how gross was the filthy, stained mattress?

I noticed a window air conditioner in the living room.  I wonder if JB installed central air when the fixed the house up?  It's a crappy looking house, but beggars can't be choosers.  I really do wonder when Ben is going to be able to support his family and how he is going to do it.

Were those little kids jumping and playing on that disgusting mattress?

Did I see rice included in that dinner of beans and pretzels that Jill served Derick?  Maybe it was just my imagination.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 1

My guess is Derick and Jill got the big house because he has a real job and can afford to pay rent. Although, thanks to TLC, Boob is in pretty good shape these days, I highly doubt he's willing to let anyone have anything for free. I wonder if Smuggar had to pay rent for Grandma's house, and if Bin and Jessa will be asked to as well. Obviously Bin is being paid to be on the show; I wonder if he's still "working" for Boob, and if so, if Boob will comp him the house in lieu of a salary.

It would be nice for them all to stop pretending they don't have any money. Good God, MEchelle. If she said the word "cheap" one more time during the dress segment, I was going to start hurling things at the TV.

As for Josie, I am all kinds of bothered. Although the family doesn't "owe" the viewers anything, it would be nice for them to come clean about her issues. Any 5-year-old who needs to be fed obviously has deficits of some kind. Or else ... is it possible that Jill was feeding her simply because she makes a colossal mess when she eats?

And the fact that Jill announced her pregnancy 30 days after the wedding ... considering how long some people have to wait to conceive, I hope they realize how fortunate they are that everything worked right away.

Also, I'm no Bin fan, but I have a wicked allergy to mold, and boyfriend needs to stay far, far away from that rat trap of a house until it's been treated. Now that it's been "outed" on TV, you know it will be taken care of, but still. I'm sure Grandma is thrilled her little house, which she probably kept spotless, has been reduced to such grossness.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 3

My opinion is that anything and everything that is shown on this show is paid for by TLC....If Derick and Ben are paying rent, it is a nominal fee...why rent from Jim Bob in the first place if that weren't so. I believe they are taking care of the house insurance and property taxes and that's all.....

I loved the look on Michelle's face when Jessa adamantly stated there would be no punch, cake or mints at her reception. I'm guessing punch, cake and mints are like the Fundie wedding trifecta in terms of food. Anyways I just found Michelle's reaction hilarious, because no matter what race, religious or cultural background you come from there are always things you must have at your wedding lest people talk. When my cousin was planning her wedding and announced she wasn't going to do the full Catholic Mass in order to save time, my aunts and grandmother damn near had a heart attack. I can just see Michelle's inner dialogue "no mints?! what will people think of us?!"

• Love 12

They were. Ew!!!!!! The Duggars aren't ones for cleanliness. Who knows what bacteria is on that mattress. But then again, they let their kids lick brownie batter from their counters, so this is nothing. 

To be fair, I'm sure hotel mattresses aren't any cleaner. That said, I would still encourage them to get a new mattress for themselves. 

• Love 1

I thought it was sad when I heard Jill say that when she was a kid, she had to grab some food and eat it in the bathroom to make sure she had some,

Did I hear correcty?  In one of Mechelle's talking heads I thought I heard her say that it's been only two weeks since Jill and Derick's wedding and now they have to plan another.  IIRC Jessa and Ben got engaged on August 14.  Hmmmm....

I noticed too about MEchelle's math wasn't figuring up. I'm still confused about the side of pretzels at dinner. I guess Jill does have time on her hands when she had already put the pretzels on plates &then stored them in Ziploc bags before dinner. Couldn't they have just eaten them out of the bag? Any dip?

Can someone help me with the song the girls were singing at the fondue party. (Dirty, dirty dog dog....) I've rewound it a couple of times but can't understand what Jill says. She said something like its their "violence" song in explaining it to Derick. I'm sure I'm hearing incorrectly, but what does she say?

I noticed too about MEchelle's math wasn't figuring up. I'm still confused about the side of pretzels at dinner. I guess Jill does have time on her hands when she had already put the pretzels on plates &then stored them in Ziploc bags before dinner. Couldn't they have just eaten them out of the bag? Any dip?

Can someone help me with the song the girls were singing at the fondue party. (Dirty, dirty dog dog....) I've rewound it a couple of times but can't understand what Jill says. She said something like its their "violence" song in explaining it to Derick. I'm sure I'm hearing incorrectly, but what does she say?

She said it's their violin song. 

• Love 1

Jill looked about 2 or 2 1/2 months along. It had to be a reenactment. Did anyone else notice that tiny bulge? It's slight, but noticeable. She used to be flat. IF you can rewatch it, do so. Then compare her with Jessa and Jinger. There's definitely some showing there that's a bit past the 30 day mark. Why do they feel the need to lie to their viewers? Why not just come out and say, "We're about 2.5 months knocked-up"? This was obviously filmed late August/early Sept. Maybe they want every pregnancy to fit in with their political agenda that life starts at conception

My opinion, of course

• Love 2

I would love to know what MEchelle was thinking when Boob told her something like Jill could have more children than she did.

Did anyone else notice Boob's hair looks like it's getting a little gray/white? Maybe all the weddings& births are stressing him out some. Or he's just getting old like the rest of us.

Surely Ben is 20 by now.  Seems like he has been 19 forever...

I must confess I was reading a magazine while watching the show- it is just too mind-numbing.  I missed Jill feeding Josie her breakfast-if that isn't a sign of a problem I don't know what is.  Wish these dumbasses would wake up and get the child a proper assessment and therapies.

The mattress was just yucky.  Guess they don't subscribe to the belief that cleanliness in next to godliness.

Good on Ben for his snarky remark about Jill and Derick beating them AGAIN.  

• Love 1

Jim Bob is nearing 50 as Michelle is about 48 so it's only natural that some gray is appearing. I'm only 42 and have been sprouting a gray hair on occasion for the past 5-6 years. It appears more and more so lately. I now understand why hair coloring was invented. I used to laugh at my mom. (Sorry mom).

On another note, what's with Michelle's 1980's hairdo?

Good God!! Somebody over at TLC needs to bring her up to date.

Everytime I see her I think she's someone from my H.S. yearbook. It's 2015 Michelle! Time to change the do.

• Love 2

I think the pretzels had peanut butter sandwiched between them and were maybe dipped in chocolate? I don't think they were just plain pretzels put out on a paper plate.

I can't imagine eating  a bowl of beans for dinner. Blech.

• Love 2

The house might be big, but its awful. Done with cheap materials, clashing colors. No wonder it hasnt sold.   It is also dirty. Stuff all over the floors and lots of dust.

I dont think Ben's mom likes Michelle. Loved her comment.

I think Michelle is no different than a hoarder, except she hoards babies.

• Love 4

The pregnancy reenactment was sooo awkward. Jill couldn't have made it less awkward, even though it was staged?

Anna's "I'm jealous!" comment, Ben's "they're beating us again," all the discussion on who gets which houses. GAH, stop with all the competition and jealousy! They act like they're joking around, but it seems like it runs pretty deep.

I liked getting a TH from Jer/Jed and hearing them talk about how JB wouldn't be able to supply houses forever, hah.

And the thing that disturbed me most: Mechelle's "I can't wait to be a grandma again!" Again? Uh, Mechelle, you still have living grandchildren. You didn't stop being a grandmother. That line perfectly exemplifies how all children are dead to Mechelle once they reach the age of 1.  (Or maybe how Josh and fam is dead to her since moving away?)

I also noticed the post it note on Jessa's bed...why is it there? 

In one shot you could see part of one that says "Jessa Duggar" on the other side. Maybe they had nametags from some event and Jessa stuck them on her bed afterwards? Hopefully it wasn't something she put too much thought into/went out of her way to do...

edit to add that I forgot to mention how much I hate watching Jill and  Derrick interact. Hopefully they're different off-camera. But I doubt it.

Edited by crouton
  • Love 2

Why do Jessa and Ben even need the little house?  Surely Jessa has had a contract with TLC since she turned 18.  Even if her parents kept all the money once they were engaged you'd think they'd have their own contract and their own money.  Ben should be getting paid as well for being on the show.  Why didn't they just buy their own house?  I hope they haven't put their money into remodeling that one that they'll have to give back once they "outgrow" the house.  I do wonder if Jessa and Ben are going the adoption route at this point since there is a 2 year (at least) waiting period.  This way they could just be together instead of having the ridiculous pressure of whether or not she's pregnant each month.  I was hoping for more for Jessa but it looks like she's still drinking the Kool-aid that tells her that women are only allowed to be mothers.  I suppose there's still hope for Jinger.

I thought that she said "violin".  Not exactly sure how singing and playing the violin go together though...

• Love 1

I have submitted that question every time they are on a morning show:  once the "kids" turn 18 do they have their own filming contract and do they get their own paycheck from the show?  No answers ever.  Makes me wonder how controlling JBoob is .

I just have a hard time with Jill staying home.  For her first 9 - 10 months of marriage she drives her hubby around, shops, cleans, and cooks.  If they are so mission minded, why isn't she working full time before the baby comes and giving all of that money (since they can live on Derrick's paycheck) to a missionary?  People supported Derrick when he was in India, why can't they do the same?

• Love 7

What was with feeding those little girls all that sugar? Chocolate dipped strawberries followed by cupcakes? Couldn't they have served some little sandwiches and fresh fruit before the fondue and then called it quits? Of course Jill serves her husband beans and pretzels for dinner so she's not exactly worried about good nutrition and a balanced diet.

The kiss counting was just obnoxious. Like they are making up for lost time with all those little pecks.

And please Duggars, teach Josie how to use utensils and keep her from crawling all over the table. Just gross.

• Love 4

Yes!  That kiss count was annoying!

I had to turn it off before the part where Josie was being spoon fed, but someone thought that might have been so Jill didn't have a big mess to clean up.  I bet that is what it was.

Poor Jenny.  Everyone always talking over her.

Did anyone else notice the filthy filthy feet on those little girls when Jill was trying to get them to bed for the prayer reading??

I cannot imagine what those Duggar sheets/ floors/carpeting look like with filthy feet like that on all the kids!

Also, why didn't they have pyjamas or a nighty on? Do those kids sleep in their clothes they have worn all day??

That REALLY skeeves me out after watching Josie and her smearing food all over herself and her clothes and the way she drags herself all over objects like she is a dust mop.

She ain't right in the head. her parents should be shot for the way they have neglected her and not gotten her the help she needs.

Sorry. Not sorry.

• Love 9

Wait, so Jill and Derek have been married a total of one month and they're already having a big sleepover with the little girls? Aaaaaand, coincidentally this sleepover occurs at the same time Joy is out of commission from her dental surgery? Mmmmmhmmm. Sounds like Mama Duggar was missing her prime child wrangler, so she probably dropped some passive aggressive hints to Jill about the girls just dying to spend some time over there. Maybe she even dropped the hints to production and had THEM suggest it to Jill. Oh well, it looked like the girls had a lovely time. I bet they did more activities that evening with Jill than they have in their entire lifetime with Mullet. 

But....questions:

Why was Jill spoon-feeding Josie? 

Why do Jill and Derek sit next to each other on the same side of the table? So they can awkwardly kiss each other with chunks of cornbread in their mouths? 

And what kind of juju do those two have to literally get knocked up ON the honeymoon? Damn, that was quick!

So now we're planning Jessa's wedding. Ho hum. This shit is getting boring real quick. I do have to say, I kind of like Jessa's laidback, practical approach to weddings. But what is with these people and serving ice cream at the reception???? Is that some fundie path to sainthood? Is cake immodest? 

Loved what one of the boys said about there being no houses left when the middle-younger pack starts getting married. So true. Better start hoarding library books and sneaking secret internet time, so you all can educate yourself and get a proper career. 

• Love 6

So now we're planning Jessa's wedding. Ho hum. This shit is getting boring real quick. I do have to say, I kind of like Jessa's laidback, practical approach to weddings. But what is with these people and serving ice cream at the reception???? Is that some fundie path to sainthood? Is cake immodest? 

Yes. Cake is entirely immodest..and costly.

But weiners aren't. (They mentioned serving hot dogs.)

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2

Hi everyone I never comment on here, more of a lurker but I just HAD to sign in and said this:

Why o why in the hell is Jill spoon feeding Josie? SHE IS FIVE!!! My goodness my 18 month old feeds herself!  They seriously need to stop treating Josie as if she is a baby bc she is NOT anymore. It's getting REALLY annoying!!! And Josh and Anna's old house looks so GROSS and whatever Jill and Derick were eating looked gross as well.  And the pregnancy announcement was so staged they aren't good actors.  Okay I feel better now that I got that off my chest lol!

• Love 6

It is astonishing to me that Jill and derickdillard asked for $20,000 worth of stuff on their registry, but couldn't manage to include a "dinners for two" type cookbook. Seriously? If she was having so much trouble cooking for two, wouldn't that be a logical thing to ask for? As we've already seen, Amazon will deliver to their home. Also, beans and pretzels for dinner? Has she heard of a vegetable that doesn't come out of a can, or maybe some fresh fruit?

Speaking of fresh fruit, I was astonished at the sheer amount of sugar on the table during the fondue. And oh, so special to have four wound-up little girls overnight when one's husband has to get up the next morning and go to work!

Interesting that Jill's sisters were happier and more demonstrative toward her when she announced her pregnancy than her own mother.

I can't wait for the upcoming FU Internetz re: Josie feeding herself and using the potty. You know they're coming...

• Love 5

What was with feeding those little girls all that sugar? Chocolate dipped strawberries followed by cupcakes? Couldn't they have served some little sandwiches and fresh fruit before the fondue and then called it quits? 

ummm cause that's no fun at all?? lol

I wouldn't want go to a fun slumber party and eat healthy stuff. that's what home is for.

To me it looked like Jill and Derrick were eating beans and corn bread and I vaguely remember that's a thing to eat down there?  Didn't they make that for one of their parents anniversary dinners or something??

The pretzels were something Jill's family made and brought over I think.

• Love 4

I thought that she said "violin".  Not exactly sure how singing and playing the violin go together though...

A lot of children are taught little songs as beginning violin pieces, especially if they start very, very young.  For small children, they usually either sing the song first and then work on playing it on the violin. Sometimes they sing in performance while playing the violin. This is common among children under 7/6 who play violin. They can usually sing better than they play and gives them a chance to participate. 

Jill and Derick are the most boring and inarticulate couple I've ever seen. I thought that "revelation" would never end.

Jill doesn't have a lot of education and Derrick is not used to talking in big family. It makes sense they're inarticulate. I also think Derrick talks slow, but I'm not from the South. (despite my Southern roots)

I was surprised the oldest sisters were as happy as they were. I would think it's been there, done that, and more "helping", but maybe helping Jill is still better than home. 

The pretzels were something Jill's family made and brought over I think.

Sounds right.

I'm with everyone else on the mold. Mold affects everyone eventually.

I'm wondering if Jill got the better house because of Jessa's eventual nursery comments versus Jill's sporting the family line.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Also, how did Anna know that Jill was pregnant when they called? Was that baby gift a tip off that she was already pregnant at the wedding?

How do you think Anna knew that Jill was pregnant? What the hell else do the women in this family ever think about?

• Love 1

At home those kids eat tater tot casserole and a steady diet of processed crap, so being away from home actually might present an opportunity to eat something nutritious. On one of their prewedding dates, Derick introduced Jill to some healthy food, so I know he knows better. That sugar must have had those kids bouncing off the walls that night before 3 of them eventually fell asleep on top of the covers in one bed while they were still in the clothes they came in. I hope that was just staged for the cameras and that actual Duggar sleepovers include baths, toothbrushes, and pajamas.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 1

Jessa said Jill and Derrick got the bigger house because it's closer to where he works.  Then the little ones in the background said "and because they got married first!"

Oh and Jim Bob did say he would be charging a small rent to Jess and Ben. 

• Love 2

It is astonishing to me that Jill and derickdillard asked for $20,000 worth of stuff on their registry, but couldn't manage to include a "dinners for two" type cookbook. Seriously? If she was having so much trouble cooking for two, wouldn't that be a logical thing to ask for? As we've already seen, Amazon will deliver to their home. Also, beans and pretzels for dinner? Has she heard of a vegetable that doesn't come out of a can, or maybe some fresh fruit?

Didn't the wedding planner have the guest give Jill recipes to cook just for two at the wedding shower? I remember seeing something like that.