Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Universal Wizards

I've only been watching Celebrity Apprentice for the past few seasons, has he ever fired this many players between challenges before?  I know there's been a lot of discussion about production and whether Trump knew that the network wanted fewer episodes this season, etc, but wow, four people is a lot.  We all knew who the final two would be by the end of last week, but it seems unfair not to even give Vivica a chance.

• Love 2

Ugh way to hand it over to Geraldo.  You could have at least mentioned his dumbass ideas and his stubborn way of getting his way Vivica.  You don't go after Geraldo for all his suggestions on his bad ideas??  Were you told not to mention them.  WTF.  Ugh if that DB wins I'm done with this show.  Vomit inducing.

Finally Geraldo will have free reign to shoot himself in the foot on this task!

I think Trump will blame someone instead of him because it's never been his fault yet.  Geraldo will win because he is what The Donald likes.  Ugh I hope not.

• Love 1

Leeza does know that Universal's "competitor" in Orlando is Disney and their park, The "Magic" Kingdom, right?

First thing I thought of was Disney's "Magical Memories" photo package. 

I think that this whole thing is a set up for Geraldo to win....first, the Universal execs drop that little genius marketing nuggest during their meeting, and then, half of Leeza's team goes AWOL....

Unless Geraldo's ego gets even bigger and in the way, he's going to win.

I love how Brandi and Johnny are just using the challenge for a free vacation while they act like two high schoolers in-like with one another.

That whole thing...first them going to drink beer and eat hot dogs.  THEN, them going "shopping" but instead going on rides.  TOTAL fucking set-up.  There's no way they would do that on their own.  Well, Brandi might, but after her speech about Leeza, I'm not buying it.

Congrats, Geraldo.  If it wasn't obvious before, you're the next winner of Celebrity Apprentice.  Even with your stupid creepy idea of dressing up as Harry Potter the War Correspondent that leads little children away from their parents.

• Love 9

I love how Brandi and Johnny are just using the challenge for a free vacation while they act like two high schoolers in-like with one another.

More like 2 year olds.  Maybe Kevin had the right idea to get those child 'leashes'.  Makes me wonder if Johnny was told to do crap like that because he didn't seem that way during the season.

Oh yea... It was obvious from week one that Geraldo would be in the finals... he's Donald's pet... uh pet project.

Laughed my head off at Lorenzo's impersonation of Vivica  he nailed it LOL

Go Leeza-- please please please beat Geraldo.. I really do hope his blustering ego - oh  wait bloviating ego causes a loss...

• Love 6

That whole thing...first them going to drink beer and eat hot dogs. THEN, them going "shopping" but instead going on rides. TOTAL fucking set-up.

With the wonky editing, who knows. But after their field trip eating hot dogs and drinking beer, they came back with plates of hamburgers and fries. And were munching on those fries. :)

Lorenzo nailed Vivica being pissed off, that was gold!

• Love 5

Every finale it looks like one team will beat the other and there's no way the losing team can come back the next week.  It's bull.  The losing team does come back all the time.  I bet they told Johnny and Brandi to do those things and make Geraldo's team look more qualified.  You just watch next week.  You'll see Leeza's team doing much better.

That being said I'm rooting for Geraldo.  Not because I like him because I don't.  But as the parent of a special needs child his winning will benefit her directly.

I also enjoyed the clip show.  Omarosa makes me want to throw up.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 4

Congrats, Geraldo.  If it wasn't obvious before, you're the next winner of Celebrity Apprentice.  Even with your stupid creepy idea of dressing up as Harry Potter the War Correspondent that leads little children away from their parents.

Between last week and the clip show I forgot to watch, so I have just one question.  Really?  With Geraldo being Geraldo, I can't tell if that is a joke or not.

• Love 1

I don't see how Leeza loses. She got a huge spotlight for her charity. She's had by far the best edit over the course of the show. The show gave Geraldo Ian, for crying out loud. There hasn't been a woman as the Celebrity Apprentice since Joan Rivers in season 2. It's a classic "good" vs. "evil" story.

Geraldo is terrible at creative. You could have the Universal execs spoonfeed him the whole commercial and he's such a control freak, he'd still change it.

("A mechanical dog." Good times. Geraldo parlayed the Busey persona into a finalist spot, but there's never been a winner Busey. It's not a winning persona.)

Go, Leeza!

• Love 3

Every finale it looks like one team will beat the other and there's no way the losing team can come back the next week.  It's bull.  The losing team does come back all the time.  I bet they told Johnny and Brandi to do those things and make Geraldo's team look more qualified.  You just watch next week.  You'll see Leeza's team doing much better.

That being said I'm rooting for Geraldo.  Not because I like him because I don't.  But as the parent of a special needs child his winning will benefit her directly.

I also enjoyed the clip show.  Omarosa makes me want to throw up.

I wish you and your child all the best!!   :-)

I agree with you on the editing...at the end, we were shown mis-steps from Geraldo's team, as well, mostly due to Geraldo's controlling nature.  Also, looked like he may have a mini-mutiny on his hands (maybe he should dress up as Capt. Bligh instead of Harry Potter....).

Whoever is declared the winner, I hope that Trump allows the runner-up to keep the monies raised by their teams for their chosen charities.  Both charities are excellent, and can assist many.

(My Mom is in the low-mid range stages of Alzheimers', so I'm in the same frame of mind as you, only leaning towards Leeza...but, as I said, both charities are excellent.)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

I don't see how Leeza loses. She got a huge spotlight for her charity. She's had by far the best edit over the course of the show. The show gave Geraldo Ian, for crying out loud. There hasn't been a woman as the Celebrity Apprentice since Joan Rivers in season 2. It's a classic "good" vs. "evil" story.

As a solo winner.  The season with Marlee Matlin and John Rich I think he declared them co-winners.

• Love 1

I laughed out loud at Vivica being passive-aggressive with Geraldo (paraphrasing): "Oh! You have a shot-list? We spent hours coming up with a shot-list but you have a shot-list. By all means, let's use yours." That is so me! Sisters from another mother!

This episode was the worst at pretending it isn't all scripted.

• Love 4

I don't remember the show ever seeming this scripted before. Trump always did random firings that didn't make sense, but it never seemed like people were reading from a scrip. Everything this episode, from Viveca's speech to Johnny and Brandi buying hotdogs and beer that they didn't eat seemed scripted.

And they did do a interactive commercial for Universal Studios before, it seems odd they are repeating the task. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

The biggest disappointment of the season for me, bar none, was that we didn't get to see the insides of Trump's upgrade to a 757, from his old 727.  The Citation is a great plane, but I so wanted to see a tricked-out and massive 757.

If a song about magic was the ticket, I'd much prefer the song by America.

Call me cray cray, but where were the freaking cabanas at Cabana Bay?!  I did not see a single one.  

If you knew Ian, and you knew he was on this show, would you ever take his call????  Then again, why would anyone ever take a call from that dude?

Did I totally miss it, or did VF never say she thought Geraldo was better than she was?  I know she called him "Mr. NYC" and that he could bring in cash.  But, did she actually say he was better?  

So, Mr. Rivers was handed "Nice on Ice" and "Find/Discover your inner hero."  Cronyism being the hallmark of Trump, Inc., I do have to admit we were privy to the core value of the business.  

Song link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8Sa0jp7Pw

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1

Poor Leeza is stuck with a pretty lame team. Johnny and Brandi can't bring any money and Kevin doesn't seem to want to. Geraldo "Hey, it's the lady from the front desk!" Rivera at least gets that part right, getting his team to get the big bucks which is how Piers won his season. We know Ian's got the big pockets, so at least he's got that going for him. Let's hope she scores in the event planning (still confused, though, why she refuses to lay down the law with dead weight Johnny and Brandi).

Just happy that it wasn't Kenya who came back.

• Love 1

I loved Lorenzo's Vivica impersonation which he followed by a pause then "I love that woman".

Of course Geraldo has to star. Of course. I imagine he would star if the final task was a commercial to raise awareness of cervical cancer.

• Love 9

I loved Lorenzo's Vivica impersonation which he followed by a pause then "I love that woman".

Of course Geraldo has to star. Of course. I imagine he would star if the final task was a commercial to raise awareness of cervical cancer.

Thank you! Now that I am about to lay my head down to sleep, I have the following vision....

Geraldo Rivera, dressed Ina peptobismal pink topcoat with tails. Pink cane in hand. He starts prancing down the hospital halls singing..

Cervix of mine, malignancy free. Malignancy free, malignancy free. Cervix of mine, malignancy free. No matter the oncologist, no polyps he'll find.

• Love 7

Between last week and the clip show I forgot to watch, so I have just one question.  Really?  With Geraldo being Geraldo, I can't tell if that is a joke or not.

Semi-joke.  I said, "Even with your stupid creepy idea of dressing up as Harry Potter the War Correspondent that leads little children away from their parents."  Well, his actual idea was being a news correspondent whilst dressed up as Harry Potter and showing the kids the sites.

Call me cray cray, but where were the freaking cabanas at Cabana Bay?!  I did not see a single one.  

Did I totally miss it, or did VF never say she thought Geraldo was better than she was?  I know she called him "Mr. NYC" and that he could bring in cash.  But, did she actually say he was better?  

Mr. Elektra and I stayed for a week at Universal Orlando and we passed by Cabana Bay a lot.  We didn't realize it was a new place.  It looked like an older place they tried to make hipster new.  Who knew?

And no, I'm pretty sure Trump never asked Vivica if she was better than Geraldo.  I would like to think he didn't ask that because he had already put her through hell because she knew she was out immediately and had to classily answer his stupid questions about Leeza..  But then it's Trump, so who knows.

Edited by KayElektra
  • Love 2

The real worthless Brandi is finally appearing. Except she's still sober.

I thought the same thing.  Brandi's twin morphs into the real Brandi. 

Clearly this is a set up for Geraldo - but I wonder if Trump considered that Leeza would be the strong contender she has been. He may end up having to give it to her, especially if Geraldo's task self destructs, which it may with him wanting to do everything himself. 

And what is that bit about "Fear the dragon, the dragon is real" - whatever it was?  I never read Harry Potter, so I assume it's something from there, but wouldn't that tend to scare kids, at least little kids?

Edited to add:  I thought the clip show would have at least had some sort of dedication or something at the end to Joan Rivers.

Edited by mwell345

Was anyone besides me waiting for Brandi's hair extensions to come flying off on the roller coaster? Who does the women's hair on this show? Leeza's looked bad in the war room, very dry and choppy. Then the style she had going with those two big flips at the bottom in her THs was so distracting I couldn't help but stare. (Sorry, I notice the weird little things and then can't help but focus on them during the entire show.)

• Love 3

Must have been a great day for the visitors at Universal, constantly getting blocked off for stuff. When Brandi and Johnny took their "impromptu" ride, the entire car was cleared and they attached a camera to the front. That doesn't happen instantly.

Geraldo is terrible at creative. You could have the Universal execs spoonfeed him the whole commercial and he's such a control freak, he'd still change it.

So, Mr. Rivers was handed "Nice on Ice" and "Find/Discover your inner hero."  Cronyism being the hallmark of Trump, Inc., I do have to admit we were privy to the core value of the business.  

I do have to disagree that there was any intent to give Geraldo the better clue. Asking questions of the sponsor has always been a crucial part of setting up the task (which unfortunately it was cut out most of the season). But they just recited a standard piece of marketing spiel which to be honest was kind of nonsensical until the end. ("It's about thrilling and exhilarating experiences that immerse you in your favorite brand stories.") Ian (not Geraldo) was smart enough to ask "What's the one thing you want people to know?"  Now I could maybe believe he was prompted to ask that question but the execs didn't say anything unusual.

• Love 1

The walk down memory lane clip show showed all the past drama.  I was surprised they didn't do a soft edit of Joan Rivers to not show some of her more brutal moments now that she has passed away.  

And on to the final.  Trump fires Vivica too...and she happily agrees.  It's Leeza vs. Geraldo which is what we always thought it would be.  At first I thought Leeza had a heads up with her team because it had no drama.  Brandi, Johnny and Kevin would just be happy to be there and to help her.  Unfortunately it looks like Johnny and Brandi are happy to be there and continue to flirt with one another...and turn the task into a big date.  Kevin is helping with the commercial, but that isn't where Kevin is most valuable.  If he really wants to BEAT GERALDO...he needs to open his phone and call all his rich friends and relatives and get MONEY to help Leeza beat Geraldo.  It seems he was unwilling to do this, so since Geraldo has his money connections and Ian's...he is gonna rake it up.  

Boo.  I can't see how Geraldo isn't going to win this....and UGH.  

But the edit Geraldo has received...I don't trust Trump, but I do trust Mark Burnett, and Leeza has had as close to a "Survivor" winner's edit as there ever was. The consistent star of any team she's on, good ideas, great rapport with teammates and the sponsors have loved her. Geraldo, on the other hand, we've seen deliberately interrupt tasks, suck up to Trump, which Trump has rolled his eyes at, come up with creative sponsors have disliked (remember "I Am..."), completely misinterpret assignments ("Chock Full o' Nuts"), butt heads with his team and somehow magically escape critique. He hasn't done anything positive except raise money. Even Piers was liked by his teammates.

If Trump only likes women who can further his career/brand, that's Leeza Gibbons. She's in the same kind of entertainment business as Joan Rivers -- someone he can trot out to instantly add "credibility" to his brand (and a woman's face).

In the history [/Trump voice] of Celebrity Apprentice, I cannot remember a potential winner with a worse edit than Geraldo, or a season where the edits were so lopsided. I could be very wrong, but I trust Mark Burnett here. Don't let me down, buddy.

• Love 4

Vivica Fox went out on a high note - much more classier than Kenya Moore.

I agree about Vivica, even though its all scripted, she got to leave in a classy way.     Class cannot be used with or anywhere near Kenya Moore, that is unless you take the letters C and L away.

• Love 2

Thank you! Now that I am about to lay my head down to sleep, I have the following vision....

Geraldo Rivera, dressed Ina peptobismal pink topcoat with tails. Pink cane in hand. He starts prancing down the hospital halls singing..

Cervix of mine, malignancy free. Malignancy free, malignancy free. Cervix of mine, malignancy free. No matter the oncologist, no polyps he'll find.

Your mental image was a lot different from mine!!    ;-)

Cabana Bay is the newest hotel on Universal's property (so, of course, they are marketing that, as well) - it is a budget-friendly hotel, less expensive than the other three hotels on-site.  It's design is meant to evoke beach-area resorts of the 1950's - 60's. 

It is probably the resort accommodations that are included in the vacation package they have to sell.

(I would bet, though, that the teams are all staying at either the Hard Rock Hotel or Portofino Bay, which are the most upscale of the on-site hotels.)

• Love 1

Semi-joke.  I said, "Even with your stupid creepy idea of dressing up as Harry Potter the War Correspondent that leads little children away from their parents."  Well, his actual idea was being a news correspondent whilst dressed up as Harry Potter and showing the kids the sites.

I haven't watched yet (and don't know if I want to), but please tell me someone suggested he open the chamber of secrets and find it empty.

• Love 14

("A mechanical dog." Good times. Geraldo parlayed the Busey persona into a finalist spot, but there's never been a winner Busey. It's not a winning persona.)

Go, Leeza!

I thought the same thing about Leeza and the lack of female winners, but on this show it really doesn't matter. Trump doesn't care about appearing to be unbiased or fair and since this show is a joke and not a real competition, the network probably doesn't care either.

It really is amazing how Geraldo manages to screw up everything. He ruins great ideas and creates problems where there shouldn't be any. He's a control-freak, but he's probably also bored without all the drama that he knows he creates.

It was interesting to observe the differences in how Leeza and Geraldo managed their teams. Leeza was more patient and kind than humanly possible with Brandi and Johnny, who were being horrible teammates. Meanwhile, Geraldo has teammates who are doing an excellent job for him and he ruins everything, then blames it all on them. Lovely.

• Love 5