Type keyword(s) to search

Tardis Data Core: Small Talk

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Our own forum! With potential for multiple threads--yay!

Am I the only one, though, bothered by the question mark in the main thread? I know why it was there originally, but... LOL

I think it's there because when I asked for the forum, I put it in the form of a question.  I'm sure TPTB can remove it but I have no idea how to go about bringing it to anyone's attention.

Since this is our "chatter" forum I thought I'd add:

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Well I'm new here so I just wanted to say hi. I LOVE this show. It's excellent getting a chance to have a forum for it that isn't muddied up by being all on one thread. Very excellent. :-)

We have done two complete rewatches from "The Empty Child" through the two regular seasons, the radio plays, CoE, and the following radio plays.  That was when we were over on Television Without Pity.  

Maybe we could do that again here?  If someone wants to pitch it and create a file for it that might attract attention.  I'll follow along and contribute but I don't have the time in my life right now to be responsible for setting anything up.  (And I won't participate in a CoE rewatch.  I would rather pour hydrochloric acid in my eyeballs than watch that shit again.)

Edited by Captanne

That's a great idea!!!  Do we collectively remember where we started last time?  I think it was "The Kids in the Gasmask One".

ETA:  If anyone might be wondering, I'm the old lady who can't remember titles, seasons or, often, the names of my children.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

The empty child and The doctor dances are my favorite episode of Doctor Who. I'm onto episode 11 of season 6 and I still adore Jack's first episodes best.

And I always think because these episodes were Jacks first, I actually think Children of earth takes Jack full circle. It would have been a good book end. 

Though if Jack's the face of Boe he's in earlier episodes :p

• Love 1

I think The Empty Child/Doctor Dances was possibly one of the best examples of the Best Television Ever.  (Along with "Rescue" in the original series of La Femme Nikita and "City on the Edge of Forever" in original series Star Trek.)

Edited by Captanne

I just dropped by TWOP because a little part of me was in denial and saw the community unavailable sign. I am glad we found a good home here and hope all the old Torchwood TWOP crew makes it over here eventually.  I am glad to see so many familiar screen names already.  Thanks to Captanne for leading us here.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did I do that?  You're welcome1  :-)  

I'm delighted we're here.  Honestly, and for the mods and the Internet:  I'd grown weary of TWoP.

So, although I understand why the move happened, thank you to the Previously.TV creators, hosts, and crew for building us a new place to get together!

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

This isn't exactly about too much Torchwood (I haven't watched in a while) or even, really about television -- I've just been holding in this very short rant.  Is it quiet around PreviouslyTV because it's the summer, because people and I don't watch the same shows anymore, or because they have gone to these God Awful podcasts?  I'm not a podcast person.  Am I so much in the minority I'm missing a YOOGE opportunity?  Because podcasts put me to sleep instantaneously.  Who has the time to listen to them?  People who commute -- okay, that's the West Coast in cars (LA), the East Coast on trains (BOS, NYC, DCA), and business people who fly between those locations.  What about everyone else?  

Ugh.

• Love 1

It's the podcasts.  I agree, I can read a recap or rankles or whatever in under five minutes, while a podcast will take 20 to 30 to 60 to ? minutes of my time, and unless I'm driving in the car, I will not be paying attention.

• Love 3

I think my post was moved here by magic but thanks!  This is a better place for it.

***That's an even better point I hadn't put my finger on.  Podcasts take to damn long -- to listen to and to setup.  I have to take out my phone, take out my earphones, put them in my ears, put my phone in my pocket or on my desk or whatever, and then listen for 60 minutes?  No.  Plus, what if I don't like the presentation? Just, it's all too bad.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2