Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers

halgia
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

That usually means we're all going to hate it. Although I hope she didn't call it "a love letter to the fans", because that particular phrase is a clear indicator that it will be utter dreck, with everyone acting out of character and either dead or miserable at the end.

I think I can handle any ending as long as the song is right,  lol,  That got me through BB.  

• Love 1

Someone posted this link on another thread.  It’s really good, imo, but I wasn’t sure that some eggs were not spoilers.

I had completely forgotten that Francesca was to call Saul on his birthday!  And, that’s the day he called Kim and that Kim’s office birthday was on Saul’s birthday!  Also, that the signatures on the birthday card were from BCS cast.  That went right by me!  Has it been mentioned on the episode thread?  I must have missed it.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, ctlady said:

Finale is titled Sauls Gone

Brian Cranston and Anna Gunn are credited in the cast

That part about Anna Gunn is interesting, if true.  One can never tell with IMDb.  

Walt did what he did for his family, at least until he let his ego run amok.  The only family Saul has left is Kim.  

• Love 1

Posting this in the Spoilers thread because some don’t watch the trailer for the next episode…

Although the dialogue is hard to comprehend, it sounds like Saul is out of breath and repeating the make/model # of a vacuum cleaner. I hear “Hoover, max extract pressure, pro model 60.” Again, it is hard to hear (intentionally, I assume). This could be the code used when he calls for another “disappearance.” If so, does it mean that he is either in Albuquerque or headed that way?

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Posting this in the Spoilers thread because some don’t watch the trailer for the next episode…

Although the dialogue is hard to comprehend, it sounds like Saul is out of breath and repeating the make/model # of a vacuum cleaner. I hear “Hoover, max extract pressure, pro model 60.” Again, it is hard to hear (intentionally, I assume). This could be the code used when he calls for another “disappearance.” If so, does it mean that he is either in Albuquerque or headed that way?

We are supposed to (possibly) infer that Jimmy hid a big wad of cash in or under the Esteem and, while digging, is reciting the exact words needed to get sucked out of circulation by our favorite vacuum repair man.

I don’t buy it since these promos have been very misleading in the past.

What I expect is this:  my best guess will be very inaccurate.

Enjoy the show.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:56 AM, NeenerNeener said:

That usually means we're all going to hate it. Although I hope she didn't call it "a love letter to the fans", because that particular phrase is a clear indicator that it will be utter dreck, with everyone acting out of character and either dead or miserable at the end.

Gee, I know a lot of us have been burned on endings in the past few years — fuck you, Game of Thrones — but Vince stuck the landing in BB and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, SimplexFish said:

With Chuck's possible appearance, I'm hoping it is what Courtney suggested in her video...that would be a very nice scene for the last episode.  

I recall the song Wildfire quite well and I don’t see how that would relate to the show. 🤨 I love the song though.  I had guessed Fire and Rain on the speculation thread. Lol.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Gee, I know a lot of us have been burned on endings in the past few years — fuck you, Game of Thrones — but Vince stuck the landing in BB and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

I think there's a difference between showrunners clearly not knowing how to end a show and creating an ending that people hate.  I'm someone who didn't love the ending of Breaking Bad but I don't think it betrayed what came before it.

A lot of people hated the way The Sopranos ended but I liked it.  Either way, I do not think it betrayed what came before it the way How I Met Your Mother did. 

People might not be happy with how this ends but I trust that it'll be in line with the story being told. 

• Love 1

I’ve always heard how terrible the ending was on How I Met Your Mother.  It must have really been terrible.  I’ve never seen it. 

I’m trying to imagine why Skyler would be in it, unless a flashback right before Saul left Albuquerque.  Hmmmm…,,present day Gene meeting with Skyler would be wild. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m trying to imagine why Skyler would be in it, unless a flashback right before Saul left Albuquerque.  Hmmmm…,,present day Gene meeting with Skyler would be wild. 

I don't think we have any particular reason to believe Skyler is in the finale. IMDb cast lists are only accurate once the show has aired and they can be officially verified against the opening and closing credits; before that they just list whatever actors random users claim will appear.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I got this link  from the Media thread just now.  So, in it, when Jimmy holds up a newspaper, headlines read Wildfire!  A previous spoiler upthread said that the closing song will be Wildfire!  I take it the finale involves a WILDFIRE in some form.  Plus, there’s the clip that shows Gene’s car that looks burned!  Oh well………I’ve never heard of wildfires in Florida or NM.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I got this link  from the Media thread just now.  So, in it, when Jimmy holds up a newspaper, headlines read Wildfire!  A previous spoiler upthread said that the closing song will be Wildfire!  I take it the finale involves a WILDFIRE in some form.  Plus, there’s the clip that shows Gene’s car that looks burned!  Oh well………I’ve never heard of wildfires in Florida or NM.  

I don’t have much to say about wildfires but the car looks burned in the trailer.

That video about fake diamonds is clearly reminding us that Gene 1) has diamonds and 2) knows that they are real. Because I believe that this show ends in Albuquerque, he must go on the run with the diamonds and whatever amount of cash he was able to access in a hurry. He has another set of license plates and a police radio; both can aid him in while he is on the run.

19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, but what is in Albuquerque for Gene?  Hmmm…..

If he wants to disappear again, that’s where the vacuum cleaner shop is, I think. In a greater sense, I’m not sure that anything or anyone has to be there for him. It just seems that’s where the series should end.

• Mind Blown 1
50 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, ok.  I’d think the vacuum guy could send someone to meet him at a prearranged place.  When you have to disappear, traveling across country to get to him seems risky.   

Well…consider that he may not be successful in reaching the vacuum cleaner guy. He is a desperate man on the run. His actions may not be logical.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

Right.  If the predicted song (Wildfire) reflects their fate…..it seems they both die.  There was the movie El Camino….isn’t that a horse?  Maybe, I’m reading too much into it.  Lol. Correction, that’s a palomino I was thinking about. 😆

Edited by SunnyBeBe
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right.  If the predicted song (Wildfire) reflects their fate…..it seems they both die.  There was the movie El Camino….isn’t that a horse?  Maybe, I’m reading too much into it.  Lol

Well, the song ends with these lyrics:

On Wildfire we're gonna ride
We're gonna leave sodbustin' behind
Get these hard times right on out of our minds
Riding Wildfire

Just sayin'.  Not predictin'.  

15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't trust IMDb either.  But if Saul/Gene is arrested, I could see her being called to testify about what she knows since she's the only alive eye witness to the events that the cops know how to find.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Here’s the supposed finale song as described upthread. It has a long intro before the lyrics start. 

lol I remember this one!

44 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

Maybe Kim, after they extradite her back from Florida.  

Who is going to extradite her?

19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Who is going to extradite her?

Maybe the state of New Mexico, because they manage to link her to Howard's murder. 

Or maybe the Feds will arrest her in Florida and transfer her to New Mexico since that's where her crimes took place.  

57 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

Riding Wildfire

Yeah, but before that I think the lyrics say the girl died and the singer will also die, in order to follow her.  Idk.   I’m trying to keep an open mind.

https://groovyhistory.com/what-you-didnt-know-about-michael-martin-murpheys-wildfire/8

Edited by SunnyBeBe
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, but before that I think the lyrics say the girl died and the singer will also die, in order to follow her.  Idk.   I’m trying to keep an open mind.

The line is "they say she died one winter".

Note the "they say".  Her death is not definitive. 

This is proof positive that J&K and going to fake their deaths and ride off to further adventures in another spinoff.  

19 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

Maybe the state of New Mexico, because they manage to link her to Howard's murder. 

Or maybe the Feds will arrest her in Florida and transfer her to New Mexico since that's where her crimes took place.  

Link her? She just handed them a multiple page affidavit detailing her involvement. No investigation necessary.

Edited by Cinnabon
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Link her? She just handed them a multiple page affidavit detailing her involvement. No investigation necessary.

True, but I am not a lawyer, and so far none of the lawyers who post here have said there was enough in the affidavit to prosecute Kim on state charges.  They have been talking about different levels of federal charges.  

5 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

True, but I am not a lawyer, and so far none of the lawyers who post here have said there was enough in the affidavit to prosecute Kim on state charges.  They have been talking about different levels of federal charges.  

Ok. Even if the feds get involved, Kim has openly admitted it all now so they won’t need to investigate to link her to any of it. She’s not in hiding, either. 

1 hour ago, PeterPirate said:

Riding Wildfire

Hoot owl mentioned in lyrics.

Many Indian cultures have associated owls with death, for what it is worth.

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Ok. Even if the feds get involved, Kim has openly admitted it all now so they won’t need to investigate to link her to any of it. She’s not in hiding, either. 

True, but there's the question about how much time they could give Kim based only on what was in the affidavit.  We have no idea how much she included.  We only saw bits of paragraphs 8, 15, and 16.  

And maybe the affidavit will lead to an investigation that turns up some real evidence against Kim.

Edited by PeterPirate
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

New Mexico recently had a huge wildfire from a US Forest Service prescribed burn. The state is prone to them so they try to be proactive and this one got way out of control.

If Jimmy dies in a fire, I mean, what an echo of Chuck's death. There has been a lot of fire imagery in recent episodes, fire in Lalo's kitchen, around Don Eladio's pool, Mike burning up evidence . . .

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

True, but there's the question about how much time they could give Kim based only on what was in the affidavit.  We have no idea how much she included.  We only saw bits of paragraphs 8, 15, and 16.  

And maybe the affidavit will lead to an investigation that turns up some real evidence against Kim.

What evidence do you think is out there that she didn’t cop to?

31 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

If Jimmy dies in a fire, I mean, what an echo of Chuck's death. There has been a lot of fire imagery in recent episodes, fire in Lalo's kitchen, around Don Eladio's pool, Mike burning up evidence . . .

That would be a fittingly dark end to the show. 

15 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

What would the charge be?

Oh, I could not possibly answer that question to any level of detail.  I have scrupulously avoided the debate between the lawyers when they have gotten into it.  

The way I look at it, right now the authorities only know that Lalo Salamanca came to J&K's residence and shot Howard Hamlin.  They don't know about her prior association with Lalo, which I surmise could lead to other charges, such as entering a conspiracy to help a murder suspect escape custody.  

But extralegal factors could also come into play.  Right now Kim is sympathetic, since she left Jimmy and the legal profession right after Howard died.  And she will benefit from being a member of a privileged population group.  That goes away once it becomes known that she is not just Esposa de Amigo de Cártel, but Amiga De Cártel in her own right. 

Edited by PeterPirate
The accent in cártel is important.

Is it not illegal to record those conversations?

I'm an amateur.  Not a lawyer. Not debating. Just asking.

Now, if ya want to talk about animal husbandry, I'm ready to go.

I will say, it's not what I thought it was. As the security guard at the zoo told me.

34 minutes ago, Lalo Lives said:

Is it not illegal to record those conversations?  

I don't think it is illegal to record such conversations.  Just that the conversation is protected by attorney-client privilege and cannot be used against the client.  

Unless the attorney also takes part in the crime.  There is one episode of Law & Order where a lawyer gets convicted for conspiring to commit crimes with his client.  

And L&O is the gold standard for legal matters on TV.  If a case can make it there, it can make it anywhere.  You know, on TV. 

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

Oh, I could not possibly answer that question to any level of detail.  I have scrupulously avoided the debate between the lawyers when they have gotten into it.  

The way I look at it, right now the authorities only know that Lalo Salamanca came to J&K's residence and shot Howard Hamlin.  They don't know about her prior association with Lalo, which I surmise could lead to other charges, such as entering a conspiracy to help a murder suspect escape custody.  

But extralegal factors could also come into play.  Right now Kim is sympathetic, since she left Jimmy and the legal profession right after Howard died.  And she will benefit from being a member of a privileged population group.  That goes away once it becomes known that she is not just Esposa de Amigo de Cártel, but Amiga De Cártel in her own right. 

I guess we don’t know exactly how much she shared about her/their dealings with Lalo in her affidavit. I think she could explain how they were afraid for their lives when dealing with him and felt they had to do his bidding. Jimmy made the fatal error of getting involved with the cartel in the first place, and afterward they couldn’t escape them. Kim went to see Lalo only because she was outright terrified about Jimmy’s safety (with good reason.) I wonder how many of us would have done the same if our spouse’s life was quite literally at stake and they hadn’t returned home after a couple days.

3 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

I don't think it is illegal to record such conversations.  Just that the conversation is protected by attorney-client privilege and cannot be used against the client.  

Unless the attorney also takes part in the crime.  There is one episode of Law & Order where a lawyer gets convicted for conspiring to commit crimes with his client.  

And L&O is the gold standard for legal matters on TV.  If a case can make it there, it can make it anywhere.  You know, on TV. 

Kim wasn’t Lalo’s attorney when she visited him in jail, so I don’t think attorney/client privilege would apply. I have no idea if their conversation was taped, or if the tapes would’ve have been kept for over 6 years. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1

Thanks for the legal expertise.

I have a very Mayberry knowledge of such things.

The "ANIMAL HUSBANDRY" thing actually happened in our neighborhood.

In our first home, one entered via a street running by a nice little horse farm. One night some lonely guy got caught with his overalls down behind some poor horse. (I guess he got jack-lighted by a somnambulant neighbor.) The guy even brought a step ladder for the occasion. The cops got a laugh and the guy actually did time. Multiple offender.

That's a sad little man right there.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lalo Lives said:

Thanks for the legal expertise.

I have a very Mayberry knowledge of such things.

The "ANIMAL HUSBANDRY" thing actually happened in our neighborhood.

In our first home, one entered via a street running by a nice little horse farm. One night some lonely guy got caught with his overalls down behind some poor horse. (I guess he got jack-lighted by a somnambulant neighbor.) The guy even brought a step ladder for the occasion. The cops got a laugh and the guy actually did time. Multiple offender.

That's a sad little man right there.

There’s a whole movie about that topic, “Zoo.” A true story. Was that the one from your area?