Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Thank You For Being A Friend

• Start Topic

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show. Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

So excited to have the forum to talk about all of Blanche's one-night stands, Rose's St. Olaf stories, Sophia's one-liners, and Dorothy's ... hump.  But while I wait for the rest of the TWoP gang to trickle on over, I'll be in my room, reenacting the gangplank scene from Peter Pan

• Love 2

I'm excited to discuss the 3,547 continuity errors on this show. It's amazing that, as someone who can be often anal, those flaws are one of the most endearing things about the show. Cheesecake for everyone!

• Love 4

I think this is the perfect title for our Small Talk thread.  (And I love that we can have "meet markets" for every show.)  It's nice to see so many familiar names from the TWoP forum.

• Love 1

Actress Scarlett Johannsenn named her daughter Rose Dorothy. A lot of article comments refer to the GG. Also I discovered a singer named Ingrid Michaelson and can't read her name without thinking of Rose calling out to Ingrid on the St. Olaf trip.

So excited to have the forum to talk about all of Blanche's one-night stands, Rose's St. Olaf stories, Sophia's one-liners, and Dorothy's ... hump.  But while I wait for the rest of the TWoP gang to trickle on over, I'll be in my room, reenacting the gangplank scene from Peter Pan

If you get bored you can always cut the feet off your black and tan pantyhose and do a production of Amos n' Andy.

Actress Scarlett Johannsenn named her daughter Rose Dorothy. A lot of article comments refer to the GG. Also I discovered a singer named Ingrid Michaelson and can't read her name without thinking of Rose calling out to Ingrid on the St. Olaf trip.

Wow, I suddenly like Scarlett Johannsenn!

Wow where has this thread been all my life....woot.

I am totally dreading Hallmark's 24/7 crappy Xmas programming (OMG that shit is horrendous) so I have started to buy the GG DVDs on eBay. Getting good deals...all of mine have been brand new under like $10.

Edited by BostonBlonde

Now that's something I do understand!  (I think...)  A smudge pot is a little fuel-burning pot that sits on the ground with a chimney, and the smoke that they put out prevents the trees from being damaged by frost.  It could be different in Florida, though.  I got this information from a friend who grew up on an orchard, so we're literally talking apples and oranges.  And for all I know, those crazy Canadians might do it totally differently in Saskatchewan.

Maherjunkie, sorry for your loss.  I lost my dad a couple of years ago on Christmas Day, so Christmas is hard for me now.  Try to surround yourself with loved ones and don't be ashamed to cry a little.  It does get a little easier each year to remember the good times instead of feeling grief.

I was invited to a GG trivia night next week. Have to admit, I'm a little nervous. This is NYC trivia -- so many people who know everything and then it's gonna draw GG fans. The people who invited me know I like GG, but I haven't told them that I've been watching a couple hours a day for 20+ years (except when Hallmark goes 24/7 shitty Christmas movies. Fuck you Hallmark and all your "slut" loving execs who bleep "butt"...BUTT BUTT BUTT you double standard, "back end of a donkey" hypocrites.)

• Love 3