Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don’t care about the ponytail. I still rock one when my hair is long enough. Usually I keep it too short for a pony. 

I can’t get down with any one singing or knocking off any version of “My Favorite Things” except for Julie. I change the station every time that song comes on the radio. 

side note: if it was up to me I’d only listen to true crime podcasts but they aren’t always appropriate in the car with my kids. My oldest is into music and we listen to top 40 together. It’s the only reason I’m here tonight. 

Eta: that and Lizzo.

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Ummm, is this an awards show??!!??

This show has always more performance and fewer awards. There are lists of the one that have been given out already 

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Lotta boobage all up on the Grammy stage tonight.

So this is my first time ever hearing Billie Eilish sing.  Not my thing.  Also her nails are gross.

She's very young and the nails ages her in a bad way. Also, I can't understand a word. Hey you kids, get off my lawn. Geez. I feel so old. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I like Billie Eilish. Most of the time I see her perform she does not have the nails.

2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Did they mention Finneas won a Grammy tonight when they introduced them here? 

They just mentioned Billie's win. I was pleased when I saw Finneas won a Grammy as well.

• Love 1

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am an Aerosmith fan from way, way back.  I even loved the Steven Tyler seasons of American Idol because he was so wacky.  But they are not at their best these days.  They don't sound great. 

I still love them though.

Edited to add:  They improved on the second song.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

That style of separating boobs in their dresses, looks good on no one - not even the people who can pay for better boobs.  It's a bad style.  Apparently, no one wants to say to anyone "Your boobs look really bad in that dress".

I can't understand what anyone is singing. 

• Love 3

1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am an Aerosmith fan from way, way back.  I even loved the Steven Tyler seasons of American Idol because he was so wacky.  But they are not at their best these days.  They don't sound great. 

I still love them though.

I love them! What did Tyler say to Lizzo? Step aside kiddos, this is my jam. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Areosmith basically fired/suspended their drummer of 50 years because they said he couldn't keep up after an injury, but seriously the rest of them look like they are just bumbling along, you can't tell me he was that bad that they couldn't have let him join them. 

• Love 6

Good job, Steven -- pull 2 girls up on the stage who don't know how to keep a beat when they dance. 

And I get a kick out of the shots of the audience trying to dance or pump their fists or whatever.  So funny.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Oh, come on! Yeah,I’m an out of touch old person but Aerosmith can still rock the house. And so can Run DMC. Give them their props.

They didn't sound great on the first song, but they improved on the second one.  But I'm a longtime fan of Aerosmith and bonkers Steven Tyler anyway, so I can forgive a lot when it comes to some bands/musicians if they have been around for many decades and have put in their time.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, irisheyes said:

I'm just surprised Steven Tyler is still able to speak in complete sentences. Pretty sure there are whole decades he can't remember. 

Yeah but he is twice as talented as some of the people we have seen tonight. However old they are, they can whip the crowd into a frenzy. 

• Love 5

I saw Aerosmith back in the 90's - next to AC/DC the loudest show I've ever been to.  But you could still understand everything that Steven sang.  I would have loved if they'd added Big Ten Inch Record...though you'd probably have to explain to some in the audience what a record was/is.

Dunno what the problem is, I understood Lizzo and Aerosmith but there's something off with the way some of the other stuff is being mixed.  I didn't understand a thing that Billie sang.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CherryMalotte said:

I saw Aerosmith back in the 90's - next to AC/DC the loudest show I've ever been to.  But you could still understand everything that Steven sang.  I would have loved if they'd added Big Ten Inch Record...though you'd probably have to explain to some in the audience what a record was/is.

Dunno what the problem is, I understood Lizzo and Aerosmith but there's something off with the way some of the other stuff is being mixed.  I didn't understand a thing that Billie sang.

I am so jealous! I saw Elvis Presley 4 times, starting at the age of 13 until the year he died. There is a respect that goes with how an entertainer can grip an entire stadium. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

That style of separating boobs in their dresses, looks good on no one - not even the people who can pay for better boobs.  It's a bad style.  Apparently, no one wants to say to anyone "Your boobs look really bad in that dress".

I can't understand what anyone is singing. 

That was all over the place and at one point I think Steven Tyler was singing the wrong lyrics. 

Tyler the Creator's mom for the win. 

• Love 1

If you were to tell me a year ago that Billy Ray Cyrus will return to the music scene with a vengeance I would have thought you were insane.

And yet he is part of Billboard history.  It's too bad that I think the song is HORRIBLE and don't get the appeal at all.

• Love 2

Demi Lovado is having an Adele moment. 

Just now, Misslindsey said:

I will have the unpopular opinion that I do not get the appeal of BTS.

I'm of that generation that boy bands need at most 5 members.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, DuckyinKy said:

I am so jealous! I saw Elvis Presley 4 times, starting at the age of 13 until the year he died. There is a respect that goes with how an entertainer can grip an entire stadium. 

Now I'm jealous, I would have liked to have seen him.  One of my best shows was the Everly Brothers that my mother dragged me from my flu bed, stuffed me with meds, drove a state away to see because her friend she was supposed to have gone with couldn't at the last minute.  Top Five best shows ever.  

I think one does have to be a certain age to appreciate BTS.  Not that one can't like their songs, I still love a good pop tune.  You see I said GOOD pop tune.  When it's a rehash forget it.  Honestly, give out some awards for pity's sake.  I'd be interested to see the Grammy awards show from all the catagories like spoken word and the ones that Gary Clark Jr won, as was mentioned prior. 

• Love 1