Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Mountainair said:

I don’t think I’m her demographic either. 35 with three kids. But I love my flute and old school rap which is what she reminds me of. Plus her voice is killer! I generally like people to be covered up. Fat, skinny, in between. But I appreciate her body positive image that she preaches. Everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin. And again..... FLUTE!!!!! 

I played flute and piccolo too! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CherryMalotte said:

Welcome to the Alicia Keys show....

Yeah, I'm not even sure what the hell she's trying to do at this point. It's just seeming almost needy? 

And yes, Kobe's death is shocking and tragic, but the constant bringing it up is just feeling gross now. 

And for the love of god, who was asking the Jonas Brothers to come back, other than the oldest one who no one wanted to see as a solo act? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

No offense to the Jonas Brothers, but.. when is the segment where someone (is it Usher, maybe?) is going to talk about Prince?  Prince was a massive talent, and the loss of his presence and star quality at these sorts of shows is greatly felt.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
Just now, Fostersmom said:

Yeah, I'm not even sure what the hell she's trying to do at this point. It's just seeming almost needy? 

And yes, Kobe's death is shocking and tragic, but the constant bringing it up is just feeling gross now.

I concur.

Yessssss Lizzo won! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

And for the love of god, who was asking the Jonas Brothers to come back, other than the oldest one who no one wanted to see as a solo act? 

Honestly I didn't understand why the Jonas Bros cancelled an interview on the red carpet because of Kobe's death. Like, what? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, DuckyinKy said:

Honestly I didn't understand why the Jonas Bros cancelled an interview on the red carpet because of Kobe's death. Like, what? 

They did? I did not watch the red carpet. I am surprised since Nick and Priyanka seem to be media whores.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DuckyinKy said:

Okay, that's just famewhoring at it's worst. And one of their wives, Priyanka, tweeted an RIP and put his number on her finger nail in what looked to be sharpie. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Okay, that's just famewhoring at it's worst. And one of their wives, Priyanka, tweeted an RIP and put his number on her finger nail in what looked to be sharpie. 

Yeah, she's just awful. 

• Love 3

So.. uh, what genre of music was that last performance supposed to be? I was good with the Boys to Men and Charlie Wilson part but then it turned into Night of a Thousand blond wigs and I got scared confused.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The voiceover guy said that Usher will be giving a tribute “to the artist who will always be known as Prince”.

Ummm...isn’t that his NAME?

Maybe he is still stuck in the days when he was a "symbol"?

Oops it was the voiceover lady, not the guy.  My point stands though!

Usher has never really been my bag, but this haircut and the facial fur and all of this are making me rethink that stance.

I don’t know if I noticed it last year but holy balls is Alicia self-involved.  Good god woman, Taylor Swift called and said to tone it down a notch.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
Just now, mojoween said:

I don’t know if I noticed it last year but holy balls is Alicia self-involved.  Good god woman, Taylor Swift called and said to tone it down a notch.

OMG I am dying! That's hysterical!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

I must be an idiot, but I always thought that Tyler the Creator was a comedian.

He’s not? Could have fooled me with that Talking Heads Bowie rip-off performance. 

I’m not sure what vibe they were going for with Usher, stripper tribute maybe?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ben Platt!? I love Ben Platt. I saw him in Dear Evan Hansen awhile back. I am going to be mad if he is not singing.

I must be a horrible person, because I thought the Camila Cabello performance was verging on creepy. I guess my cold, black heart was not warmed by it.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

I was wondering why Ellen was there.

So......  the one year that Weird Al does NOT have a new album "dropping",

that's the year that Grammy actually decides to SHOW the Comedy category.

Anyway, congrats, Dave; you the funniest out of all of the people this year.

A poster up thread mentioned that Ariana will only be photographed on one side and now that’s all I can concentrate on is catching her when she exposes the other side during this performance. I’m thinking it must be hideous.

Edited by Caseysgirl
Spelling mistake & additional snarky comment.
  • LOL 1