Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This autotune is killing me. 

According to LL since I can achieve my dreams if I just believe, I too can use autotune to sing. It will make my horrible singing voice sound like a robot. Yay!

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10

It's funny: Miranda Lambert is one of the biggest acts in country, but she comes off like an actress who sings. Like she used to be on a show nobody on CW five years ago. Her character got killed off, and then she decided to try to a country music career. That...wasn't good. It was a few steps up from a chick with two Michelob Ultra's in her at the karaoke bar.

Aw, the Bee Gees. They're proof that sometimes selling out actually works. Most people don't realize that the Bee Gees used to make earnest, soft ballads (i.e. I Started A Joke) and wore suits. We only remember the Saturday Night Fever shirt-buttoned-down-to-their-navel super-falsetto Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake Bee Gees with the Judge Judy hair. Just sayin'.

Aaaand Sam wins another. Again: not much competition. Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus should not be nominated for shit with "Vocal" in the title.

27bored, I remember those early BeeGees songs and actually like them better. I think part of what I admire about them was their ability to recreate themselves. And I still think Barry Gibb (with beard) is handsome!

• Love 2

First time in the stage since acting a fool. Maroon hoodie and workboots... Soooo fashion forward. Where's

Kim? She should be swaying and attempting to smile and holding Ignori up like a trophy. No much applause.

Miley's speaking voice always surprises me, and not in a good way.

Funny, but it's actually what I like her the best, that she has a deep, adult voice and doesn't do vocal-fry/fake baby voice that so many young female celebrities (the Kardassians, Ariana etc.)

• Love 6

The show has been completely underwhelming. There is not one performance that has excited me. Kanye is okay but this song didn't really seem to ever go anywhere. At this point I'm excited for Madge because as embarrassing as she has gotten in her older years, the woman still puts on a hell of performance. 

As for the awards, I'm really dreading a Sam Smith sweep. Don't get me wrong, he deserved New Artist but his album on the whole was boring as fuck so I definitely don't think he deserved the Pop Vocal Album. Also, I love Pharrell but I'm sorry Happy is way beyond its expiration date and Sia should have won with Chandelier. Frankly I think  Chandelier should win EVERY category it is nominated it because it is freaking amazing in my opinion. 

eta: Okay I was wrong, Madge is boring me too because this song sucks. Geez what is happening with this show this year?

I'm still irrationally annoyed that all of Taylor Swift's nominations are Shake It Off.  Blank Space was a much better song. 

Is it just me or does that song sound like "Kiss Me" from Sixpence None the Richer?

So that's Rihanna in that big ass stupid dress? I was wondering who that was. It's been 18 months since she came out with an album so I guess she's scared of being a has-been.

And speaking of which: Madonna. I think this performance is openly courting the Illuminati conspiracy theory bullshit. This performance could've taken place any time in the past 20 years. The fat black lady was better than her. Go away.

• Love 1

Watching Madonna dance with the masked... people things reminds me of Week One of Dancing with the Stars, where the pros haul around the "stars" like they know what they're doing. That was some awkward lifting and moving across the stage. 

Oh, and now she's been sacrificed to the heavens. Glad we got that out of the way. Madonna, you used to be so good.

• Love 4

Madonna you are trying so hard. When she "dances" she looks like she is stumbling through a workout video. This is so bad.

At one point she looked like as if she was wearing pants and they were around her ankles and she was hopping around looking for toilet paper - halting jumps.

• Love 2

What's up with Ryan Adams?  I mean...am I missing something? 

Julian Edelman cleans up nice.  I guess he left the groupies back in his hotel room.

Yep... get rid of the beard and he's a very good looking guy.  I'm just tickled for Malcolm though... kid was working at Popeye's this time last year. Now he's onstage at the Grammys after making one of the most significant plays in SB history. Good for him. 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 3
I'm still irrationally annoyed that all of Taylor Swift's nominations are Shake It Off.  Blank Space was a much better song.

Blank Space wasn't eligible, it was released after the cut-off. The only thing she had that was eligible for this year's ceremony was Shake It Off which I agree sucks but god forbid they not nominate Swift. 

I think that was Miss Swift's calculated plan. Shake It Off was released to be eligible for this year's Grammys. The rest of the album was released for 2016 eligibility. You'll be seeing Blank Space nominated next year.

I think that was Miss Swift's calculated plan. Shake It Off was released to be eligible for this year's Grammys. The rest of the album was released for 2016 eligibility. You'll be seeing Blank Space nominated next year.

In which "Blank Space" will feel like this years "Happy".

• Love 5

I didn't understand Madonna's message -- can someone explain? I am about her age and admire her fitness and shape, but did not think her stage outfit was flattering. It was a little embarrassing.

In other news, I am so sick of these Boston Tea Party commercials.

• Love 2
Bonus points, Taylor Swift dancing!

Oh was that her dancing?  I thought maybe she had something medically wrong.  Can't stand her.  

Madge was indeed very scary.  Where did the talent go?  Or were we just fooled all those years ago? 

• Love 3