Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I agree about Madonna. It feels like she is trying so hard and she does not have to, she is Madonna after all. I remember when she was wearing those leotards years ago and I never wanted to see Madge's vadge.

I cannot stand Ariana Grande. Please tell me she is not performing. She makes my ears bleed.

• Love 2

My husband is all about the Grammys due to AC/DC performing...yes we are really old.  So he turned on the E! pre-show red carpet doohickey show and I just have to say - that Guiliana chick...she needs some serious help.  I have sister in laws that are naturally slender.  This woman is not.  

And yeah, Madonna needs to just go away gracefully.  

What is with all the long, sheer gowns with lace appliqué and boy shorts underneath?  Is that the new trend, because it doesn't make me happy.

Giuliana looks really unhealthy.  When she missed the Golden Globes, I really hoped that she was taking a break, pre-Oscars, to take care of herself.

• Love 2

Not only was Maddonna hideously dressed she gave the most awkward and rude interview ever with Ryan Seacrest.

I liked Taylor Swifts green dress and purple shoes!

I don't listen to a ton of mainstream music but I like to stay in the loop of pop culture and most times I have watched the Grammys I am introduced to a new artist I really like that I had never heard of before.

Plus, I love LL Cool J.

I'm here until Walking Dead starts :)

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 1

Are Kim K's breasts bronzed?? Ack. Muted their interview.

Despite feeling like Taylor Swift has been sooooooo over-publicized, I liked her interview with Ryan. She seemed fairly down to earth. Liked her outfit too.

Kim Kardashian was in a gold dressing gown, and very clearly trying to copy Jennifer Lopez' Golden Globes look.  But her hair looked cute!

I like Ryan interviewing all the old American Idol contestants, it's really sweet when he seems genuinely happy for their success.  He's still my favorite red carpet interviewer.

• Love 1

The over/under for LL Cool J lip licks is 27.  Wagers must be placed prior to 8:00

Oh man, I missed out on the wager.

Rhianna's dress....ummmmm.....no words. She isn't pregnant is she? The empire waist was not doing her any favors. 

So does Lady Gaga have to drag Tony Bennett everywhere since they did an album together? Can't she bring Taylor Kinney? I would rather see him.

Who's the woman in the front row in the silver dress with a v-neck split down to her belly button?

ETA: Lady Gaga

Please ladies... Stop with the over exposed titties. There's nothing new about that look.

• Love 6

So is it going to be the Sam Smith show? I like him, but not his music so much, or maybe his music is so overplayed that it makes me hate it.

At least Taylor isn't referring to everyone as her best friends. 

Nooooooooooo! Not Ariana Grande! The girl never enunciates.

Rock band performs at award show, cut to Dave Grohl rocking out in the audience. Every time. I should turn this into a drinking game. (He looks like he's sitting near or next to Frankie Grande. Poor guy. I can only imagine the squealing and dramatic sighs from Frankie all night.)

Oh, Frankie. Can't you, like, disappear already? Wasn't annoying us on Big Brother enough? We've been punished enough!

• Love 10

Just saw a photo of Madonna's outfit. Looks like dress up night at the retirement home.

Strobe lights on this show should have a warning label.

And LL Cool J again? Bland, boring, and irrelevant.

• Love 1

I hope those were shorts under Taylor's dress because otherwise that mini was very...mini. And flash-adjacent. And could she just announce the nominees, or did she have to make it all about her?

No one wants to know who the star pupil is in the "Julia Roberts Tips on Presenting Awards" course, Taylor.

Holy hell Lady Gaga could not be more orange if she were dressed as a giant Cheeto.

• Love 3

Rock band performs at award show, cut to Dave Grohl rocking out in the audience. Every time. I should turn this into a drinking game.

This show is always chockablock with drinking game opportunites...

Lip lick count: 12

Edited by kib

Anna Kendrick's suit didn't come with a shirt? Poor girl.

Watching Ariana sing is making me giggle because if she were an American Idol contestant, she would be getting cruticized for singing so much with her eyes closed.

Although, to be fair to her, it looks like the amount of mascara she is wearing is sticking her eyes shut.

Edited by mojoween

This show is always chockablock with drinking game opportunites...

It is usually is Taylor Swift cutaways. 

SO happy Sam Smith is going to get all those awards for a song that basically rips off Tom Petty.

This makes me laugh so hard.

This song is so boring.

• Love 2

Anna Kendrick's suit didn't come with a shirt? Poor girl.

We can thank Kim K for this trend.

Tony Bennett is so old, he barely notices Gaga's ta-tas.

Tom Jones looks like Morgan Freeman/Kenny Rogers (post bad plastic surgery)

Edited by iwasish

People should not be allowed to lip synch during awards shows. If they can't sing live, they shouldn't be nominated.  (I don't care if there are concerns over making sure it's "perfect" for live tv or not.  Sing. live. )

• Like 1
  • Love 13

AC/DC now look like Tony Bennet's contemporaries.

God, I'm depressed....

I'm right there with you, and I hate to do this to you, but Malcom Young is in a nursing home with dementia and will probably never play with the band again. "For Those About to Rock...".

• Love 3