Type keyword(s) to search

Rory Gilmore: Poor little rich girl?

Splash
  • Start Topic

I thought so. I liked that ep. where Rory and the others were caught in the Headmaster's office.
And Lorelai's reaction was so funny, she wasn't at all agitated over Rory getting in trouble, in fact she seemed tickled pink. And Rory seemed crestfallen. Shouldn't it have been the other way around ? lol

IIRC Rory was a bit sassy to the Headmaster. 😆

Rory got busted for bell-ringing

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SJC said:

I thought so. I liked that ep. where Rory and the others were caught in the Headmaster's office.
And Lorelai's reaction was so funny, she wasn't at all agitated over Rory getting in trouble, in fact she seemed tickled pink. And Rory seemed crestfallen. Shouldn't it have been the other way around ? lol

IIRC Rory was a bit sassy to the Headmaster. 😆

Rory got busted for bell-ringing

I liked that scene. I wish we got more sassy Rory and less weak, lazy Rory.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SJC said:

That was fun. I like that Lorelai was worried at first, got more and more amused as she learned what happened, briefly went back to being serious to make sure Rory really was ok, and then returned to teasing and having fun as they went home. It was a nice encapsulation of who her character was supposed to be rather than the extreme version we got as the show went on. If Charleston hadn't taken Rory's point about trying to do what he'd insisted then Lorelai probably would have gone and talked to him but we saw that things were going to be ok so she didn't. Rory still should have faced some sort of punishment for breaking into the school no matter her reasons (do colleges care about detention as much as they do suspensions?) so that would have been nice to know but the episode in general is fun so I forgive it.

• Love 4

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked that scene. I wish we got more sassy Rory and less weak, lazy Rory.

I thought that sassy Rory who was strong-minded & perseverant was inspiring.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Lorelai was worried at first, got more and more amused as she learned what happened, briefly went back to being serious to make sure Rory really was ok, and then returned to teasing and having fun as they went home.

Exactly ! SO funny ! 
Lorelai was proud of her little girl for getting in a bit of trouble.  LOL

Just now, peacheslatour said:

She was. She was the Rory who would have fearlessly chased news stories. That Rory had "it".

Oh yes. I miss that Rory. 
She used to be so spunky & mettlesome. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Lorelei was also proud that Rory was the cause of the fight at the kegger party! 

Did you ever know that you're my hero...?  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

She also put Rory's mug shot on the refrigerator. 😏

RORY: What are you doing?
LORELAI: Well, I’m updating the refrigerator.
[She steps back from the fridge to display Rory’s mug shot attached to the door.]
RORY: Where did you get that?
LORELAI: Oh, the nice lady at the police station e-mailed it to me. I thought it would look really nice next to your kindergarten handprint collage. I got you a copy if you’re thinking Christmas cards.
RORY: Very thoughtful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Does anyone besides me wonder why Rory didn't have her own home in Stars Hollow? She had money, after all she talked to Lorelai about getting an apartment in Queens. And THAT means that she wasn't broke, busted & beggared.
AYITL had some...um...gaps.

• LOL 3