Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: What The World Needs Now

Cranberry

Both Brittany and Santana have dated several other people.  Brittany identifies as bisexual which she has stated multiple times.  Santana came out as a lesbian.  And in the end, it all comes back to one thing - they are deeply in love and make each other happy. 

Brittany has never identified as bisexual, she says twice in season two she thinks she's bi-curious, but she's never dated a woman. Well except Santana.

I think Brittany/Santana are definitely the healthiest of the young couples. I don't " ship" them, but I'll take them over Kurt/Blaine any day.

To be fair as vile as they both are its rarely directed at each other.

I still see them making each other miserable and think it's hilarious.

Just because they are not as toxic as Kurt and Blaine doesn't mean they are healthy.I don't really want to see any of the younger couples as end game. Nothing would make me happier than to see a endgame of Rachel and Kurt in NY actually going out and dating people and expanding their horizons outside of the people they met in high school.

• Love 2

Just because they are not as toxic as Kurt and Blaine doesn't mean they are healthy.I don't really want to see any of the younger couples as end game. Nothing would make me happier than to see a endgame of Rachel and Kurt in NY actually going out and dating people and expanding their horizons outside of the people they met in high school.

If the relationship Brittany and Santana had had been giving to two functioning adults and not two overgrown toddlers I might fancy their chances. 

I always thought Tike could work as end game, though not after Tina's personality transplant in season 4. 

It would have never happened in the first place. Rachel was bound by a contract. Even the tv producer who approached her to do a tv show would have know she was unavailable until her contract was up and would have either past on her or waited.

Unbelievable or not, it did happen. Rachel did quit her show. And it was the last act in a season of her acting in a completely self-entitled and self-absorbed manner. I can't just dismiss the consequences of the behavior just because the setting was not probable in real life. Otherwise I'd have to ignore 99% of the stuff that happens on this show.

To answer the original question on what Rachel's prospects would be in the future after quitting Broadway, at best it would take years for her to rebuild her professional reputation enough to ever be trusted with a lead role again. She would realistically spend a lot time hitting the audition mill and hopefully scoring chorus and small supporting roles before anyone would ever even think about considering her seriously for a lead. Realistically, the odds are that she would have a hard time getting auditions outside of open calls for at least the immediate future. Come backs do happen when one is determined enough and driven enough to push through the inevitable automatic (and understandable) rejections.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Rachel's inevitable rise to success again if they showed her at all accepting of her responsibility for her own actions and doing her own heavy lifting to try to rebuild her career. Not because it's treated by the show as some great unfairness that she's actually going to suffer some real-life consequences for her behavior and every other character will move mountains to return her to her rightful place in the universe.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 3

Brittany has never identified as bisexual, she says twice in season two she thinks she's bi-curious, but she's never dated a woman. Well except Santana.

Brittany is bisexual. Or pansexual, though I lean towards bi, since she repeatedly uses words describing herself with "bi" (she has called herself a bi-corn, bi-curious, bilingual, etc. etc.). Whether she has said the actual words "I am a bisexual" has no bearing, especially on a show as biphobic as Glee is. And dating one woman or ten women or zero women has no effect on her sexuality either. Kurt was still gay before he ever dated Blaine. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 6

Brittany is bisexual. Or pansexual, though I lean towards bi, since she repeatedly uses words describing herself with "bi" (she has called herself a bi-corn, bi-curious, bilingual, etc. etc.). Whether she has said the actual words "I am a bisexual" has no bearing, especially on a show as biphobic as Glee is. And dating one woman or ten women or zero women has no effect on her sexuality either. Kurt was still gay before he ever dated Blaine.

There is no evidence on glee Brittany is bisexual. The only thing she has said about her sexuality is 'I think I'm bicurious.' Dating, even marrying Santana doesn't make her bisexual. She could reasonably describe herself as straight, or questioning.

For a tribute episode of the great composer Burt Bacharach that gave Glee access to some of his best work, most of the songs they used fell flat imo. And it had all the negative aspects of a tribute episode: there were so many songs that there was little room for dialogue and proper build-up, and most of the times the lyrics didn’t really fit with the storylines or feelings of the characters singing them.
But my biggest complaint is that most songs felt very forced and shoe-horned in, some of them even being shown back to back without decent lead-in dialogue. Tribute episodes are always heavy on songs, but they at least could have put them in more organicly, like e.g. actually having the ND kids do their assignment of the week and let them sing Burt Bacharach songs in the choir room, but not even one of the songs was used for that. If the new kids had listened to Kitty’s advice and all had gone to the bathroom or get a snack I doubt anyone, let alone woe-is-all-me Rachel would have noticed their absence.

Speaking of feeling shoe-horned in: why was Blaine in so many songs? I can understand him wanting to be part of Santana’s ‘family’ in the last performance, but why use him of all people in the Brittany/Artie heaven fantasy? And Sam for that matter too, who once was (fake-)married to Brittany! Does Blaine have nothing to do for the Warblers at Dalton, since he is showing up at McKinley all the time, and not only in dream sequences?

In that trail of thought: as I already listened to the songs a few days back I was prepared Kurt not singing much this week, but I still can’t get over the ND guys being recruited by Mercedes to sing a song to prop up Kurt’s bff Rachel and he, who is also ND’s co director, does not get to sing even one line while the rival Warblers’ choir director gets to lead the song.
And what a missed opportunity to not have Kurtcedes sing together when Rachel leading ND when Rachel was in New York (btw: nice trust you have in your co-director, Rachel, remember he’s the one still in NYADA). Well, at least Chris Colfer got paid a nice amount of money for lipsynching and looking fabulous in the background, while his own written episode gets mocked again.

As someone who never was invested in Brittana nor Santana or Brittany individually I did like their scenes together in this episode. At least they genuinely seem to care for one another, which is more than can be said for most other Glee couples. But why do they have to mention scissoring, sweet lady kisses and hot lesbian sex every time they get some focus? It’s belittling and limiting their relationship in an infantile, sexualized way (sorry, don’t know exactly how to express this in english) and I can’t shake the feeling that it’s done deliberately instead of the hack writers just not being interested in writing more seriously for lesbians.
Brittany is in my top 3 of Glee characters I strongly dislike, especially when she’s either super dumb or a genius (make up your mind, Glee), but I could actually stomach Brittany when she was trying to win Santana’s abuela’s heart. On the other hand I cringed several times when she was talking with her parents, as imo that scene was just stupid and a waste of time. Why have such awesome actors like Jennifer Coolidge and Ken Jeong as her parents but give them such crap dialogue and useless scene?
And Stephen Hawking, really? I bet that was taken straight from a fanfic.

I’m all for girl friendships on Glee but Mercedes constantly supporting and comforting Rachel throughout the entire episode was irritating and OTT, not only because Mercedes is reduced to nothing but a prop, but also because it doesn’t do Rachel as a character any favors.

How much more propping up does that girl need?
As annoying as Rachel’s failure being treated as if some great unfairness was done to her (instead of her ruining her 2 biggest chances in New York herself) is, it’s more annoying that she won’t even get the opportunity (from the writers) to work on her redemption and comeback on her own, but needs others to repeatedly hand her the next chance to get ahead. I don’t even like Rachel anymore, but I would still like to root for her slowly fighting her way back on stage. With her being a self-pitying mess who constantly needs to be helped with interventions and new golden chances falling in her lap I can’t really do that.

Mercedes didn’t just give Samchel her blessing, as we already suspected from the spoilers: she basically forced Rachel’s and Sam’s heads together and said in a creepy demanding tone: “AND NOW…KISSSS!!!”. For God’s sake: she told Sam after he had just serenaded(!) her to hook up with Rachel instead. And yay! I guess for her having a new man in her life that of course completely happened off screen, while we get an overdose of boring Samchel: I need hypnotism just to stay awake and focused during scenes together.
Also: Sam is allowed to teach now? Oh Glee. In all fairness: Mercedes is apparently a pop star now, so…..
Stray observation: for a show that’s so high and mighty about LGBTQ issues and relationships they only showed heterosexual couples during Sam and Rachel’s duet.

Artie singing usually makes everything better, so why the meta jibe at him having nothing to do when it’s the Glee writers themselves neglecting him? That stopped being funny a long time ago.

The scene I liked the most this episode was the very last one, when everyone was getting together at the Shuesters (where Emma was being conveniently filmed from behind). That was a nice throwback to earlier seasons, and seeing Will holding his son Daniel was a cute bonus.

• Love 2

There is no evidence on glee Brittany is bisexual. The only thing she has said about her sexuality is 'I think I'm bicurious.' Dating, even marrying Santana doesn't make her bisexual. She could reasonably describe herself as straight, or questioning.

bi·sex·u·al

ˌbīˈsekSH(əw)əl/

adjective

sexually attracted to both men and women.

• Love 2

I think Brittany/Santana are definitely the healthiest of the young couples. I don't " ship" them, but I'll take them over Kurt/Blaine any day.

I'm with you. I have never and will never ship Brittany and Santana but at least I can honestly say that I can feel and see their love for each other. It really feels like they it for each other, instead of just the writers putting the together just because they are suppose to be end-game like Klaine. 

To me, Brittany/Santana are like Finchel, there are many reasons why I never ship Rachel and Finn but I have never doubt their love for each other, despite the many crapping writing the writers forced on them. With Klaine, I'm always like "do they actually love each other?" or they just afraid to let each other go and really see what is out their. It feels like Klaine are only together because they are safe and they have a big fanbase, lol.

bi·sex·u·al

ˌbīˈsekSH(əw)əl/

adjective

sexually attracted to both men and women.

Women, plural. There is no evidence for that with Brittany. There is evidence she's attracted to men, plural. I think Finn is the only original glee cub man she hasn't at least kissed.

Women, plural. There is no evidence for that with Brittany. There is evidence she's attracted to men, plural. I think Finn is the only original glee cub man she hasn't at least kissed.

I think you're being offensive without realizing it. If a person enjoys having sex with 80 men and 1 woman, they can still be bisexual. If a person enjoys having sex with 80 women and 1 man, they can still be bisexual. If a person has NEVER had sex with a woman, they can still be bisexual. If a person has NEVER had sex with a man, they can still be bisexual. Number of boyfriends, girlfriends, or anything in between has no bearing on one's sexuality or how one identifies. The fact that you're insisting that Brittany is straight, even after she's alluded to her own sexuality numerous times and even after Santana called her bisexual, is a stark reminder of the heteronormative bullshit that the LGBTQ have to deal with on a daily basis.

And for the record, in Bad Reputation, Brittany literally said she's made out with everyone at the school: boys, girls, even the janitor. She also wanted to touch Beiste's boobs. She also danced with a girl at prom. She's also marrying a woman with whom she's had a sexual relationship for 6+ years. 

• Love 9

I think you're being offensive without realizing it. If a person enjoys having sex with 80 men and 1 woman, they can still be bisexual. If a person enjoys having sex with 80 women and 1 man, they can still be bisexual. If a person has NEVER had sex with a woman, they can still be bisexual. If a person has NEVER had sex with a man, they can still be bisexual. Number of boyfriends, girlfriends, or anything in between has no bearing on one's sexuality or how one identifies. The fact that you're insisting that Brittany is straight, even after she's alluded to her own sexuality numerous times and even after Santana called her bisexual, is a stark reminder of the heteronormative bullshit that the LGBTQ have to deal with on a daily basis.

And for the record, in Bad Reputation, Brittany literally said she's made out with everyone at the school: boys, girls, even the janitor. She also wanted to touch Beiste's boobs. She also danced with a girl at prom. She's also marrying a woman with whom she's had a sexual relationship for 6+ years. 

I'm not insisting Brittany is straight, for the record I don't think she is, I'm saying she's never identified her sexuality and that we can't assume what her sexuality is. 

Of course it's possible Brittany is bi, it's possible she's not, it's also possible she's never labelled herself. 

Wow. That was all kinds of horrid. The stilted speechifying in the auditorium was kind of the last, perfect horrible piece of a horrible diorama of meh. Kurt fans should actually be kind of thankful for him that he was in it as little as he was.

Heather Morris never should have been given lines, much less this much focus. As an actor, she's a fine dancer.

Random Blaine was actually kind of hilarious to me.

• Love 1

I'm not insisting Brittany is straight, for the record I don't think she is, I'm saying she's never identified her sexuality and that we can't assume what her sexuality is. 

Of course it's possible Brittany is bi, it's possible she's not, it's also possible she's never labelled herself.

What's the point about Brittany then? Kurt, Santana and Blaine have all said out loud and on camera they were gay, and I think maybe Sam has said he's straight. So, I guess most of the characters on Glee have sexualities we can't assume, but so what?

Have you seen her this season, she's not even a good dancer anymore.

I was going to say "great," but, honestly, I've always thought even those skills were overblown. I really just said "fine" to be politically correct.

The best dancer they have on the show has always been the guy they put in the wheelchair -- speaking of which, I fail to understand why they would have Kevin stand in the dream sequence, only to give him such a boring dance sequence. The only answer I can come to is, well: It's Glee.

Edited by jmonique

I still see them making each other miserable and think it's hilarious.

Based on what?  They're among the most functional couples the show has ever had (though that is also largely a product of the show not focusing on them).

I can't just dismiss the consequences of the behavior just because the setting was not probable in real life. Otherwise I'd have to ignore 99% of the stuff that happens on this show.

I think that's actually how the writers would prefer you watch the show.

But my biggest complaint is that most songs felt very forced and shoe-horned in, some of them even being shown back to back without decent lead-in dialogue. Tribute episodes are always heavy on songs, but they at least could have put them in more organicly, like e.g. actually having the ND kids do their assignment of the week and let them sing Burt Bacharach songs in the choir room, but not even one of the songs was used for that.

Heh, I'm the exact opposite on that front.  For me, the least organic aspect of tribute episodes has been the incessant need of most of them to have the characters purposefully choose to sing [Artist X] for some assignment and pontificate on the importance of [Artist X] to their given situation.  I much prefer when the characters just sing [Artist X] songs and let whatever connections to the material exist to appear naturally and unforced (granted, this is a problem in cases where there is no such connection).

Edited by SeanC

The best dancer they have on the show has always been the guy they put in the wheelchair -- speaking of which, I fail to understand why they would have Kevin stand in the dream sequence, only to give him such a boring dance sequence. The only answer I can come to is, well: It's Glee.

Kevin's good, for an untrained dancer. But he's not fit to lace the shoes of Matt Morrison, Harry Shum or Jacob Artist. 

Well, watching this for Kurt sure does make the episodes go faster. Samchel song? FF. Mercedes singing to prop up Rachel? FF. >>>>>> Oh, look, we brought in someone from another school to make sure Kurt didn't sing, With Bonus "Tough shit if that's upsetting for you, Kurt. Blaine's presence is more important." And to top it off, Rachel kept her promise to see things through with NNND for a whopping few days before taking off for an audition arranged for her YET AGAIN (that she had to be praised and cossetted and propped into attending - well, hey, that's how she got Funny Girl. At least Kurt didn't have to be the fairy godperson this time....). And of course, Kurt can't be trusted to take care of NNND for a couple days even though he's the only one who seems to have his shit together and hasn't abandoned his responsibilities to be there.

Just... fuck you, Glee.

* Kurt stan modus on*

All of ^this, but especially the bolded.

Everyone is tiptoeing around and catering to Rachel's feelings on her love life and her career, while it's perrfectly fine to step on Kurt's or dismiss him as not being capable of making his own decisions (whether in love or for the glee club), when he's one of the few kids who is actually still in college and working steadily on his career (no matter how stupid coaching glee club for his NYADA credits is).

It seems like every time Rachel has a bonding moment with one of her former Glee females cohorts, like Mercedes or Santana, she has to passive-aggressively put Kurt down. "Yeah, yeah, Kurt is my best whatever but thank Jeebus you are here so I don't have to deal with him." It always comes off like that. I find it off-putting.

This.

It reminds me of when Rachel and Kurt were both pining for Finn, and Rachel said in 'Hairography' that she would always be ahead of Kurt because she was a girl. Whenever there's a female character for Rachel to interact with in an episode her bff Kurt is not as good as any girl friend she can get. For that matter: Kurt is usually not as good as any other guy when it comes to 'bro' scenes either.

* Kurt stan modus off*

Anyone here have first-hand knowledge of the Broadway scene? Would a performer who did what Rachel did (walking off a hit show and leaving everyone in the lurch for selfish purposes) realistically be welcomed back, or would she be generally shunned as an unreliable diva? Or somewhere in between?

Besides Rachel not being allowed to break her contract for 'Funny Girl' without lawyers sueing her for everything she's got in the first place, she would have been blacklisted on Broadway and the theatre community in general. She really burned her bridges.

Rachel would never get a personal audition as soon as producers would recognise her name. She could go to open auditions but I wouldn't expect her to get any parts besides maybe some chorus work off-off-Broadway, for many years to come. Only if she would prove to be trustworthy as a chorus girl for a long time, followed by several small supporting parts, would she get another chance at a leading role.

But knowing this is Glee she'll get the part Mecedes handed her on a silver platter, and win a Tony in the last scene.

Artie - the prop to the usual prop. Why exactly does Kevin have regular status? Oh well lets just cover that up with a meta joke about not having anything to do.

This was very irritating, I agree They're basically blaming the character in canon for something the writers refuse to fix in the writers' room.

It's happened before with other characters several times too. It's condescending and adding insult to injury (towards the character's fans), and I can only imagine how the concerning actors feel whenever they read probably frustrating (to them) meta like that in the script and actually have to act the scene.

• Love 2

For a show that insists that it wants to praise and support arts education, it certainly is mocking those who continue their education in the arts after high school. Artie is in film school, but gets dismissed has having nothing to do. Kurt is still a student at NYADA and is directing ND as a school project, but even if he's shouldering equal responsibility in running things, Rachel gets the praise and is doing "God's work" from Mercedes while Kurt gets a half-hearted "doing a great job to, Kurt, with you know... whatever your thesis is".

Serious students and those devoted to their craft being dismissed in favor of those who are just "special"... yup... that's Glee.

• Love 6

Babalooie would like to remind all of you that this show is fiction.  F for Fiction=F for Fake.   It's okay if everything is unrealistic, outlandish, or meta.  Really, it is.

Oh my God, thank you! The last five and a half years I thought I was watching a reality show. Here I was, thinking rules of physics, time, and geography applied and all this time they didn't! I wonder if everyone else (except for the brilliant Babalooie, of course) thought the same as I did and that's why the ratings tanked? Maybe everyone else (except the brilliant Babalooie, of course) has been as fretful as I about the lives of the Glee people, what with the unrealistic, outlandish etceteraness of their lives.

Well, now I'm free, thanks to Babalooie, so I'm going to go outside and take a walk and/or learn to speak Italian.

• Love 4

"Babalooie would like to remind all of you that this show is fiction. F for Fiction=F for Fake. It's okay if everything is unrealistic, outlandish, or meta. Really, it is."

Fiction doesn't absolve it from being unrealistic. It's not fantasy, where you can make up your own rules. The setting is the real world. You can't just make things up.

• Love 4

I agree on every point.  Well said and it is very true about the nonsense the LGBTQ community has to deal with. 

• Love 3

I don't care all that much that glee doesn't adhere to reality. I care that it doesn't adhere to any sort of internal logic. Plot points we saw on screen are continuously retconned. Characterizations change on a dime to service whatever plot point, PSA, or song RM and team have a wild hare about that week.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 9

Heather Morris never should have been given lines, much less this much focus. As an actor, she's a fine dancer.

LOL. I have never been able to understand a word she says-I'm told it is often clever, funny an/or mean, but I can never tell, even with rewinding. And yes, she seems to have lost some of her moves.

Babalooie would like to remind all of you that this show is fiction.  F for Fiction=F for Fake.   It's okay if everything is unrealistic, outlandish, or meta.  Really, it is

And it seems to becoming more and more fake with each passing week. I am more tolerant since it is a comedy, giving them more liberty to do things they think make it funny or clever. The question is whether it is enjoyable and lately it has been hard to watch.

• Love 1

I'm sure it is what the LGBTQ community has to deal with if that was what I actually said.

The fact that you believe that Brittany needs openly and loudly pronounce her sexual attraction for multiple women, and then you point out that Brittany has only had one long-term relationship with a woman as some kind of evidence that Brittany could still be straight, despite everything Brittany and Santana and everyone else on the show has said about Brittany's orientation and despite the fact that she's literally marrying a woman, then yes I do think that you're contributing to bi-erasure and perpetuating some kind of heteronormative BS. 

• Love 4

Despite Mercedes, Rachel, Santana, and Brittany having solos this week, the music still felt like the emphasis was on the guys. I did not need another Sam/Rachel duet and I did not need Blaine all over "Arthur's Theme" and "Wishin' and Hopin'" - I almost went Mean Girls style on my tv ("He doesn't even go here!"). Great that all the guys got some solo time in "Arthur's Theme" but what about Kitty, Madison, and especially poor Jane who hasn't had a solo since Jagged Little Tapestry? They brought her in as this amazing singer but in six episodes she has sung two solos. I know that's more than Tina got in most seasons, but still.

Not all the guys.....unless you only meant the ND kids?

I think I already mentioned this in the song thread, but it would have been lovely if the ND girls had sung with Brittany in 'Wishin' and Hopin' instead of Blaine and Sam (and maybe also instead of Artie, who I think only got to be Brittana's wedding planner so he could be in this song). It would have been a lovely scene with them as angels, and imo it would have improved the song a lot as well.

And not that I'd ever begrudge Artie any singing time, but wouldn't it be more logical if Brittany had asked Kurt as a wedding planner, since he already arranged Burt and Carol's wedding, and him being interested in wedding has been mentioned several times? His voice would have worked well for the song too.

Edited by Glorfindel

In defense of Heather Morris' dancing, she just had a baby last year and is just guest starring this season. It seems like her heart and focus are on her adorable son (understandable!) and she's not putting in the hours and hours of practice it takes to perfect each move. I think she's doing the bare minimum so she can keep on collecting what little Glee money is left. I'd do the same thing; I'm not going to over-exert myself for a quickly sinking ship.

• Love 2

The fact that you believe that Brittany needs openly and loudly pronounce her sexual attraction for multiple women, and then you point out that Brittany has only had one long-term relationship with a woman as some kind of evidence that Brittany could still be straight, despite everything Brittany and Santana and everyone else on the show has said about Brittany's orientation and despite the fact that she's literally marrying a woman, then yes I do think that you're contributing to bi-erasure and perpetuating some kind of heteronormative BS. 

No, I said is all we know is she has had multiple relationships with men and one with a woman. For all I know she could be a lesbian, she could be bisexual. No-one on this show has ever said anything about Brittany's orientation. Stop telling me what I said. 

My point about the number of women Brittany has had a relationship with is that you said bisexuality is defined as a sexual attraction to men and women. As far as I recall from the show Brittany's never shown any interest in women except Santana. But given the way the developed Brittany as a character that's not surprising, she's never had development outside her relationships except for the genius tripe. 

In defense of Heather Morris' dancing, she just had a baby last year and is just guest starring this season. It seems like her heart and focus are on her adorable son (understandable!) and she's not putting in the hours and hours of practice it takes to perfect each move. I think she's doing the bare minimum so she can keep on collecting what little Glee money is left. I'd do the same thing; I'm not going to over-exert myself for a quickly sinking ship.

What was her excuse before that?

No, I said is all we know is she has had multiple relationships with men and one with a woman. For all I know she could be a lesbian, she could be bisexual. No-one on this show has ever said anything about Brittany's orientation. Stop telling me what I said. 

My point about the number of women Brittany has had a relationship with is that you said bisexuality is defined as a sexual attraction to men and women. As far as I recall from the show Brittany's never shown any interest in women except Santana. But given the way the developed Brittany as a character that's not surprising, she's never had development outside her relationships except for the genius tripe. 

What was her excuse before that?

...only showing interest in one woman doesn't negate bisexuality though. I think its a rather cyclical argument that doesn't belong in the episode thread, but rather the Brittany/Brittana thread.

As for HeMo's dancing, didnt say it was the best out there but she is talented. You don't dance backup for Beyonce if you can't move your body and move it well. Sometimes your comments in regards to "certain" characters/actors remind me of the vitriol some of the fandom spews towards Mercedes/Amber. Not sure how much of the dislike is based on the character vs who they are on a macro sense...

• Love 1

...only showing interest in one woman doesn't negate bisexuality though. I think its a rather cyclical argument that doesn't belong in the episode thread, but rather the Brittany/Brittana thread.

As for HeMo's dancing, didnt say it was the best out there but she is talented. You don't dance backup for Beyonce if you can't move your body and move it well. Sometimes your comments in regards to "certain" characters/actors remind me of the vitriol some of the fandom spews towards Mercedes/Amber. Not sure how much of the dislike is based on the character vs who they are on a macro sense...

That's what I was trying to say. 

I do tend to hate on Brittany. I hate stupidity, and I hate people who compound stupidity with ignorance, I loathe people who are vile then act like they don't know better. I hate every dumb blonde character on TV. 

Babalooie would like to remind all of you that this show is fiction.  F for Fiction=F for Fake.   It's okay if everything is unrealistic, outlandish, or meta.  Really, it is.

Your moderator would like to remind you that discussing a fictional show on a forum meant for discussing fictional shows is not something worth mocking. Any more posts like the above will disappear.

• Love 3

This episode was so bland.  The only part I really liked was when Brittany told Santana's grandma, basically, that they couldn't wait to get rid of prejudiced people like her. Because it's true, sometimes you just can't spend your life trying to be accepted by others, even if you love them. She deserved a big Fuck You. 

I wouldn't  hate Samchel so much if I didn't have the feeling  that he's taking Finn's place. I mean, it'd be different with someone like Jesse St James or a new actor in Broadway, but every time I see Rachel  and Sam at  the school I can't help thinking about Finn and Cory.

Mercedes usually bores me to death and this episode wasn't an exception. 

I think I like Glee better when it's crazier.

• Love 1

My point about the number of women Brittany has had a relationship with is that you said bisexuality is defined as a sexual attraction to men and women. As far as I recall from the show Brittany's never shown any interest in women except Santana. 

As people have pointed out to you, Brittany has mentioned kissing a number of women and has used various words beginning with "bi" to describe herself (the "joke" there is that she doesn't know the term "bisexual" so calls herself "bilingual" or whatever instead). We are supposed to understand that she is bisexual. In any case, this debate belongs in another thread and not in the one for this episode.

• Love 1

This episode was so bland....

I wouldn't hate Samchel so much if I didn't have the feeling that he's taking Finn's place. I mean, it'd be different with someone like Jesse St James or a new actor in Broadway, but every time I see Rachel and Sam at the school I can't help thinking about Finn and Cory.

I think I like Glee better when it's crazier.

Bland is the perfect word to describe last nights episode. I did enjoy the music for the most part, although Chord was just weak and ill suited for the songs he was given to sing. Also I didn't think Blaine deserved to be in the earlier group numbers.

As to Finn, as much as I hated Finchel as a couple, Cory was excellent as Finn and I agree that putting Sam with Rachel is just so wrong on so many levels.

I'm hoping that Sam is just being used as a transitional point on Rachel's road back to N.Y. and to realizing she is ready to fall in love again but realizes Sam is not the one. It was a mistake to use Finn-lite for this storyline.

I'm so glad this is the last season of this show. It feels like they've tapped their well of inspiration and are just scraping at the bottom half heartedly.

This isn't even a fun episode to complain about. I don't know who Burt Bacharov is and I still don't.

I didn't find any of the songs memorable and I miss hearing Jane sing.

It's sad that Sectionals are 5 weeks away and the NND's will probably win because the coaches of the other teams are vacillating wildly between colluding with NND or hanging out at McKinley ignoring their actual responsibility to the teams they are supposed to be coaching.

As for LGBT taken seriously. Are we talking about the show that mocked Unique as being the same as Mercedes? Or treats Kurt as a mood accessory to Rachel's whiny self indulgent bullshit (I find Kurt tedious as a character too but still), that completely rewrote Blaine from cool older guy at a different school to creepy crusher who is now younger than Kurt. Who ends up dating his ex's highschool bully. Where Britney swings wildly from acting like a 10 year old to talking about hypercubes. That all gay guys on the show minus Spencer have a fondness for elaborate wardrobe choices at highschool and have an encyclopediac knowledge of every show tune and stage celebrity for the last 50 years. Where the Karofsky suicide attempt is now being made a retroactive joke ?

• Love 2

And not that I'd ever begrudge Artie any singing time, but wouldn't it be more logical if Brittany had asked Kurt as a wedding planner, since he already arranged Burt and Carol's wedding, and him being interested in wedding has been mentioned several times? His voice would have worked well for the song too.

Heh, the way Kurt reacted to their engagement, I'm not surprised that he wasn't asked to be wedding planner!  That would be just awkward for all of them.  

• Love 1

Heh, the way Kurt reacted to their engagement, I'm not surprised that he wasn't asked to be wedding planner!  That would be just awkward for all of them.  

True, but Brittany never even was bothered about that and we're supposed to think Santana and Kurt were okay again too at the end of that episode. So no hard feelings there, which will be evidenced

when Brittana shares their wedding with Klaine.

And it's not like the writers normally care about what happened in previous episodes.

Well, I guess that I'm in very small minority but I enjoyed the show last.  After the last two disastrous episodes, it was refreshing change.  I've always accepted Glee as a part Jukebox, part fantasy show without analyzing every departure from reality and last night's show was much more in line with that.  It did, as did the first few shows of this season, harken back to the first two or three seasons of the series.  In the name of full disclosure, I have been an avid Burt Bacharach fan since his early days with Hal David, Dionne Warwick and so many others.  His music is so good that it's hard to screw it up and I didn't feel that the cast did that in anyway last night.  I don't mind Sam and Rachel at all.  They are both rebounding from a breakup and a tragedy respectively and have known each other for a number of years.  Why wouldn't they gravitate towards each other?  It happens every day.  The conversation between Sam and Mercedes was one of the better ones over the last two years.  It had rings of truth and reality to it and was well played by Cord and Amber.  The scene with Jennifer Coolidge and Ken Jeong as Brit's parents was hilarious, primarily because the two of them are expert comic actors.  The only sour note for me. as others have said, is Rachel getting the Broadway audition.  Her Funny Girl producer (Michael Lerner) warned her about what would happen if she had another misstep and along with suing her back to the stone age he said very bluntly that she would never work on Broadway again.  If you're blacklisted, you are not going to get near a Broadway, off-Broadway or even a major regional theater.  Of course then the fantasy wouldn't hold up so there you have it. 

I don't think that Nya Rivera has looked any more beautiful than she did last night.  She was absolutely stunning.  Becca Toobin was as well. I've also felt that since she had her baby, whatever Heather Morris' skills are right now, there is a glow about her that I'm sure is the result of motherhood. 

• Love 2

And considering that she still outdances everyone on the show, the bare minimum she's doing now is more than enough. She was the only one worth watching in this week's girl group number and that choreography was just arm movements (which says something about Rachel and Santana's dance skills).

• Love 1