Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Wife Swap of 2014: The Dark Wife Rises

• Start Topic

The real victims in this situation are the kids.  Just think- we only see a fraction of the crazy that goes on in that family

Yeah, and we only see the cleaned up versions...

I totally see Robyn as such a manipulator.

This " legally restructuring" thing is ONE of the things that makes me see that this lifestyle is such bullshit.  I mean, if you're so dedicated to each other and consider yourselves family, and really believe in the religious aspect of it, then why do you need to legally restructure your family?  Is it to cheat or manipulate the government in some way?   I don't get it.  Kody, help me out here.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6

This " legally restructuring" thing is ONE of the things that makes me see that this lifestyle is such bullshit.  I mean, if you're so dedicated to each other and consider yourselves family, and really believe in the religious aspect of it, then why do you need to legally restructure your family?  Is it to cheat or manipulate the government in some way?   I don't get it.  Kody, help me out here.

THIS!!! With that statement there are really only two choices: Meri and Kody are really divorced/ended relationship and calling it a legal restructuring is just their way of pretending it didn't happen and trying to make Kody and Robyn look less like assholes or Meri and Kody are still a couple and the divorce is to get away with something either financially or related to custody. Neither choice consider the children and their feelings. Neither is consistent with what they claim their family to be.

• Love 10

"Legal restructuring?" Like when you restructure a loan? Grifters. Hopefully this bites them in the ass. Although I still don't buy that Meri is ok with this. Being the only "real" wife meant a lot to her, she didn't have a lot else to hold on to in the competition.

• Love 19

I'm a very liberal sort, and I feel that adults have a right to choose how to live and who to marry, but I have to say, the idea that one can just divorce like this really bothers me, and shows a lack of respect for the institution.  IMHO, one just doesn't enter into marriage-- or exit one, for legal restructuring. 

• Love 12

I'm not so bothered that they "legally restructured" since they give more credence to their spiritual marriages or their sealing together or however they phrase it. However, depending on Kody's reasons for doing this (if it was something on a personal level), it could potentially be pretty crummy. Given Robyn's Sep. 12 tweet, right now I believe Meri did something sacrificial for Robyn's sake and Meri did not divorce him spiritually/emotionally/romatically. However, who's to say if Robyn was being opportunistic and manipulative or not. Hard to say at this point. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 1

I'm actually surprised how angry this makes me for the sake of the other wives involved and more so their bloody children. His blood. So its ok for them to be illegitimate in the eyes of the public and their mothers to bleed the beast in order to support them but Robyns special snowflakes somehow come out on top?? Before his own blood children?? Those kids of Robyns HAVE a father. Likely have ten sets of grandparents and one hundred sets of aunts and uncles. I would really like to hear her ex's side of things. I am disgusted with all of these so called adults. There is absolutely no spin they can put on this garbage that will ever change my mind that he is a snake oil salesman and those "wives" are stupid women will never put their children and their needs ahead of him. If Robyn was looking at losing her kids over her living situation, she needs to gtfo and GO TO WORK AT A REAL JOB AND SUPPORT HER DAMN KIDS.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 20

this is the episode description for 2-15-15

First a Verdict, Then a Lawyer

Sun Feb 15 8:00 - 9:00 PM | 250 TLC

The Browns worry that the anthropology students will see them as completely dysfunctional instead of as a healthy family, and to add to that stress, Meri makes a momentous decision that will change the future of the Brown family.

Maybe this is it?

If this really is 'it' then they are prepping to blame Meri since 'Meri makes a momentous decision'. I will never believe divorce was Meri's idea.

• Love 14

Meri's momentous decision is probably going to be that she is "really really" going to decide whether she wants to "look into" in vitro.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4

I think Robyn is a manipulative witch. First she came in and changed the dynamic of the group and now this.  Funny how this didn't occur to them when Janelle and Christine were having babies. 

• Love 6

this is the episode description for 2-15-15

First a Verdict, Then a Lawyer

Sun Feb 15 8:00 - 9:00 PM | 250 TLC

The Browns worry that the anthropology students will see them as completely dysfunctional instead of as a healthy family, and to add to that stress, Meri makes a momentous decision that will change the future of the Brown family.

Maybe this is it?

That was awful fast! I don't think it will be about what we have all found this weekend.

"Is it about adoption? Does Kody want to adopt Robyn's three older children, but he can't legally do so unless they're married?"

Don't know how to do the quote thing but wanted to respond. [Ok, jedigirl.  I got ya' covered--Rhondinella]. I don't believe he can adopt her children unless their biological father gives up his own rights to them.  Has he done so?

Edited by Rhondinella

Is it about adoption? Does Kody want to adopt Robyn's three older children, but he can't legally do so unless they're married?

it sounds like they are going to try to spin it for something like this but it seems unlikely to me. They have a dad who we know they've visited at least a few times they've talked about on the show so it doesn't sound to me like he's going to give up his rights. If they think getting legally married will allow them to fight to adopt the kids they are dead wrong. 

• Love 3

Is it about adoption? Does Kody want to adopt Robyn's three older children, but he can't legally do so unless they're married?

Seems like that's the excuse they are going with here. I'm assuming Robyn's ex is trying to get back custody of the kids since she has mentioned he was rich and well-known. She probably felt threatened and wanted to be legally married to make her case for retaining custody stronger. However this kind of seems contrived for ratings IMO and will surely result in additional drama in the future.

Ooh, just took a fresh peek at the FB page. The natives are restless - including a LOT of "not watching anymore" comments. Hope every single one follows through on that.

Kode-Man may just have dug his own grave. I'll push him in in memory of that beautiful dog they killed.

• Love 5

I would bet everything I own that there is absolutely nothing altruistic about this load of PR BS.  This group of tramps and thieves haven't done anything unselfish in their entire sorry ass existence.  Every move they make is carefully planned to cheat, lie, and/or steal from each other and society.  I hope this collapses the whole phony house of cards and let's see how that celestial planet pans out when circling Hades for eternity.  At least Kodoofus can keep his fake tan.

My condolences to those kids.  Break away before you get sucked into this fake religious sideshow for eternity.

• Love 12

My condolences to those kids. Break away before you get sucked into this fake religious sideshow for eternity.

This is what bothers me the most. Imagine how Mariah and the other older kids feel about this?

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 9

If all of these "marriages" are considered equal, then why legally marry any of the "wives"?  The fact that there are any legal marriages in the group shows that the "spiritual" marriages are different.  Similar, perhaps, but different none the less.  

Ironically, I find that I'm angriest with Meri.  I don't care what her reasons, she was absolutely stupid to sign away whatever small advantage she had as the legal Mrs. Kody Brown.  If I find out it was a quick and easy divorce where she didn't get any kind of sizable settlement, I'll be even angrier with her.  I see this as another victory that was handed to Kody on a silver platter.

What advantage would any of Robyn's children have as Kody's legally adopted children?  If the legal marriage between Kody and Robyn is for custody reasons that involved a hassle with the biological father, wouldn't a judge see through that in a heartbeat?  

Oh well.  I guess I don't understand because I live in the dull, bland world of monogamy.  

• Love 10

"We have chosen to legally restructure our family," the Brown family said in a statement obtained by E! News. "We made this decision together as a family. We are grateful to our family, friends and fans for all their love and support."

Yeah, right!  The reality is that they discussed the issue as a family and then Kody made the decision.  We've seen too many times how he asks the wives' opinion on something and then informs them that HE has made the decision on what will happen.

• Love 5

I'm having a hard time seeing how this divorce/marriage shenanigans would alleviate any financial or custody issues.  Pretty much all of the legal rights automatically conferred with marriage can be obtained through other means - powers of attorney (medical, legal, financial), medical directives, wills, etc. BTW, it's 2015, two people do not need to be married to finance a house together. Makes no sense.

These people are loony and unconventional, but I don't see any signs of abuse or neglect in any of the children that would warrant removal from the mother's home; mostly the kids seem to be settled and doing pretty well. If Robin's ex is using the polygamy (multiple wives/mothers) aspect to get the kids, a marriage certificate does not change the fact that they're still clearly living a polygamist lifestyle. Makes no sense.

I don't know much about the technicalities of financial aid or bankruptcy, so I can't speak to those but I gotta believe it would be hard for them to successfully scam the system (at this point) because so much of their lives are on TV.  Any fraud would be pretty easily exposed.

Then there's the tweets, the wives' recent meltdowns/walk-offs, the terse PR statement. Hmmmm.

My guess is that Kodster will give a variation on the "On the run! We're being persecuted! They'll take our kids!!" BS spin. The truth will be quite different.

• Love 3

I am so surprised by this news.

I actually feel really sorry for Meri. Her one child is off at college and she's obviously already feeling ostracized from the family unit, and Kody goes and divorces her?! Seriously buddy, going to take more than a couple of wet bars to restore Meri's mood after this.

Can anyone tell me, is there any possible legitimate reason for doing this?

• Love 3

Yeah, right!  The reality is that they discussed the issue as a family and then Kody made the decision.  We've seen too many times how he asks the wives' opinion on something and then informs them that HE has made the decision on what will happen.

Exactly. I'm sure it had to do with Robyn's three kids, and if their dad isn't giving up his parental rights, then it isn't about adoption. I can't imagine what other legal matters would be relevant, so it's likely something Robyn wanted, and Kody was all in. I'm sure the others had no say whatsoever.

He has such a hold over them. To everyone saying they hope this makes one or more wife leave the fold, I hope so, too, but no way do I think it will happen. They're not only beholden to him, but they're so psychologically enmeshed with polygamy. They'll make excuses for why they did this (both to themselves and publicly), and they'll stick with it.

• Love 3

I'm having a hard time seeing how this divorce/marriage shenanigans would alleviate any financial or custody issues. Pretty much all of the legal rights automatically conferred with marriage can be obtained through other means - powers of attorney (medical, legal, financial), medical directives, wills, etc. BTW, it's 2015, two people do not need to be married to finance a house together. Makes no sense.

These people are loony and unconventional, but I don't see any signs of abuse or neglect in any of the children that would warrant removal from the mother's home; mostly the kids seem to be settled and doing pretty well. If Robin's ex is using the polygamy (multiple wives/mothers) aspect to get the kids, a marriage certificate does not change the fact that they're still clearly living a polygamist lifestyle. Makes no sense.

I don't know much about the technicalities of financial aid or bankruptcy, so I can't speak to those but I gotta believe it would be hard for them to successfully scam the system (at this point) because so much of their lives are on TV. Any fraud would be pretty easily exposed.

Then there's the tweets, the wives' recent meltdowns/walk-offs, the terse PR statement. Hmmmm.

My guess is that Kodster will give a variation on the "On the run! We're being persecuted! They'll take our kids!!" BS spin. The truth will be quite different.

I think as far as the kids go people are speculating that it's the opposite. Robyn and Kody wanted to be legally married to take the kids from their father. Unless he gives up his right I can't see that happening and if he was going to give them up it wouldn't matter if Robyn and Kody were married or not. He could still adopt them if there was no legal dad and Robyn as the legal mother wanted him to.

• Love 1

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/sister-wives-kody-brown-divorces-wife-meri-marries-youngest-robyn-201532

Apparently this is true. I found the marriage certificate recorded in Clark CO. Nevada

So Meri and Kody divorce??? I haven't been able to find the divorce record, but Kody and Robyn were married on December 11.  

Party Type First Party Name First Cross Party Name Instrument # Document Type Modifier Record Date Parcel # Remarks Total Value
From BROWN, KODY WINN BROWN, ROBYN ALICE 201412120002780 MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE   12/12/2014 3:48:45 PM     $0.00

here is the Clark Co. Recorder's site

https://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/RecorderEcommerce/

I am Canadian so not up to speed on insurance in the states but could this have anything to do with Robin needing medical insurance to cover her kids? Mariah is off at college and unless Meri had a chronic illness she shouldn't cost much yearly as far as medical costs go. If Kody had any kind of medical insurance through employment, I'm assuming only legal dependents are covered?

I know i am reaching and even still if that was the reason, it only makes me angrier as I'm thinKing about who covered the costs of poor little Truley???

• Love 2

I tend to look for the common sense answers, a less (definitely in Kody's case) is more approach.

So, I think the answer as to why is simple.  Robin gives oral sex ..........aka swig on the plyg's twig .........or Robin keeps bobbin?

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 11

I tend to look for the common sense answers, a less (definitely in Kody's case) is more approach.

So, I think the answer as to why is simple.  Robin gives oral sex ..........aka swig on the plyg's twig .........or Robin keeps bobbin?

PASS the BRAIN BLEACH!!!

• Love 9

I am Canadian so not up to speed on insurance in the states but could this have anything to do with Robin needing medical insurance to cover her kids? Mariah is off at college and unless Meri had a chronic illness she shouldn't cost much yearly as far as medical costs go. If Kody had any kind of medical insurance through employment, I'm assuming only legal dependents are covered?

I know i am reaching and even still if that was the reason, it only makes me angrier as I'm thinKing about who covered the costs of poor little Truley???

I don't think your theory is a reach; in fact, one of the reports mentioned insurance for Robyn's kids. Would that mean that MSWC, woops, I mean TLC, their employer, covers insurarance for them?

The affordable care act would make insurance available to Robyn's oldest three kids, and Robyn earns enough now to afford insurance herself...IN THEORY. Of course, in practice she may be throwing all her money into flea market trinkets for MSCW and Victoria's Secret underwear.

• Love 4

If Kody had any kind of medical insurance through employment, I'm assuming only legal dependents are covered?

First, there would have to BE employment.  Not seeing a lot of evidence of that.

Actually, if Kody had filed for legal guardianship of any of his non-legal kids, he might be able to cover them on his insurance.  (I looked into this at one point when it looked like we might need to file for that status for a grandchild.)  So - theoretically - IF he had a job with a company that would allow such coverage, he could have all of the kids covered.

But that would require a level of thought that I don't see as a possibility with anyone on that end of the cul-de-sac.

• Love 4

Seriously why would she leave him?????? He gave her everything she wanted... a daughter AND a wet bar. As little as the family is all together I wonder how often the wet bar gets used. I read an article somewhere that stated the wives and kids will go up to a week not seeing Kody. I doubt Kody rotates through the wives anymore.  Meri, Janelle and Christine all seem done with him.

• Love 3

It's all speculation right now. The kids thing is one theory and the "Robyn gave Kody and ultimatum" is another. I guess the only thing most people can see that would make Meri agree to such a drastic step is

some pressing "Barb/Bill/Nicki" storyline

, but that needn't be the case . There's nothing to say that David Jessop is suing for full custody or that Kody and Robyn would benefit  via adoption from being married but apparently carrying on a similar arrangement as before.

There might be financial or legal shenanigans going on, but as we've discussed, Robyn has been angling to be a leader in this group since before she married Kody and she loathes the fact that everyone else has nearly 20 years on her in the family. Now she's legal wife, it means a lot to both her and Meri I would think. Meanwhile Kody's officially married to the youngest one and almost certainly the one he currently fancies the most, as the others know. Funny, that. Even if they had other motives as well. They probably do consider sealing more important but they're trying to pretend it doesn't affect group dynamics is laughable.

If its a medical thing, then surely all the Brown adults are paid by the same source these days TLC, they should be able to afford it themselves or all be in doodoo. And what about Christine? Truly was very ill and we didn't see Kody offering to marry her for better insurance or whatever, she also has kids some kids only slightly older than Robyn's elder 3. In theory Robyn's kids should have an extra source of medical cover from their father because they have 3 parents, not two, unlike Kody's 12 kids with Janelle and Christine. He's never tried to marry them temporarily or otherwise to protect the kids and there's discussion on whether or not he is even on their birth certificates because of the welfare they recieved.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 6

What I really hope is that Meri finally realized that Kody is a full time asshat and dumped his sorry ass. I'm not a huge fan of Meri but if that was true she'd be my hero. Unfortunately I think Meri dumping Kody is as likely as a Duggar girl getting to live on her own.

• Love 11

I tend to look for the common sense answers, a less (definitely in Kody's case) is more approach.

So, I think the answer as to why is simple. Robin gives oral sex ..........aka swig on the plyg's twig .........or Robin keeps bobbin?

Bitch has a lantern jaw on her like a professional wrestler. Jus sayin. Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 7

I would doubt completely that TLC has Kody as an employee ...they have a contract with his LLC. So suddenly making Robyn the legal wife for benefits doesn't seem likely.

I'm guessing it's going to be something stupid like Robyn threatening to walk out and not be in the show anymore. No show plus no sex was enough for Kody.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2

Maybe TLC wanted to add #5 to the harem, but Robyn said, "Not unless I am repositioned to #1."  When they saw the dollar signs of another season guaranteed, Meri had to decide whether keeping the wet bar was more important than keeping Kody.  We see the results . . . the wet bar stays; Kody goes.

• Love 2
While the exact reason for Brown's decision has yet to be revealed, TMZ reported Tuesday that the switch was made so that he could bring Robyn's three kids formally into his family.

So Meri and Douche agree to secretly divorce so he can marry Robyn and adopt her kids?  That's what the above quote seems to say.

Go to CJ's page and see the impact.  This is a freaking bombshell, even though I realize that in reality it doesn't change the family, but it's just controversial enough and again, right out of the Big Love Playbook.  People are freakin'.

Who is CJ? And where can I find her page?  This is all very interesting yet sickening at the same time. And will I continue watching this train wreck HELL YEAH. I disgust myself LOL

Would custody papers/any lawsuit re David Jessop vs Robyn Sullivan Brown be public once filed?  I didn't see anything, but I'm not the most accomplished internet sleuth... 

At this point, I am definitely leaning WAY more towards a ratings scam.  Unless Meri, Christine and Janelle made a secret deal with TLC to shock the SHIT out of Kody and Robyn and during a couch session to freak out on the two of them all at once, letting them know how they feel about everything -- telling all of the secrets -- and then walking out... maybe to their own show called "Life After Hell -- A Tale of Survival and Revenge".  That would be epic!

I mean, I'd watch it... 

Hahahahaha! 

Edited by AndreaF
  • Love 3

I wonder if it was like this:

1.  Robyn wants to marry Kody to be number 1 wife, which she's wanted to be since the beginning.

2.  Kody, thinking with his penis, says yes, why not, no big deal (to him).

3.  Kody and Robyn play the persecution card, telling the other three wives that if Kody and Robyn don't marry legally, they'll lose the kids to their bio dad and/or the Big Bad Government {tm}.

3a.  Kody then leans HARD on Meri, telling her in private that nothing will change between them due to this

4.  Meri agrees to divorce, "for the children".

5.  Kody and Robyn go on YET ANOTHER honeymoon, this one "legal".

And here we are.  Meri is a martyr, Robyn is smugly humble and grateful to Meri for giving up her position, and Janelle and Christine are left out yet again.  And Kody convinces himself that once again he is a Master of his Universe . . . or at least his planet.

• Love 12
At this point, I am definitely leaning WAY more towards a ratings scam.

Hell, yes.  Just look at the talk it's generated on this forum alone.  They are counting out sending out teasing little bits in the "upcoming episodes" rhetoric just to see if we'll bite and tune in for something juicy.  I guarantee it will be exactly like that phony "wait, I have a phone call" crap they pulled that was a big fat zero.  

News flash, assholes. I don't need to see your sorry faces ever again. I get all I need from this forum!  A hearty thanks to those who can hold back the vomit and watch so the rest of us can keep up.

• Love 7