Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Wife Swap of 2014: The Dark Wife Rises

• Start Topic

I don't think TLC knew a thing about this business.  And I don't think we were supposed to know either.  It is something they did privately for reasons best know to grifters.  Somehow I think it will all blow up like the Honey Boo Boo scandal.

• Love 9

I don't think TLC knew a thing about this business.  And I don't think we were supposed to know either. 

But isn't the timing peculiar? CJ's blog mentions that someone swirled around a rumor about Kody having a criminal history on the TLC fb page, prompting the curiosity of people; this led to someone poking around in the Clark county records and stumbling upon the divorce and marriage files. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 3

Due respect, I think this was TOTALLY planned by TLC.  There is nothing that they won't do to increase ratings including exploitation of children's lives by splashing them all over the screen and posting tantalizing bits online.  

I bet they have weekly "what if" meetings to see how far they can go.  Look at the lengths they went to when they drummed up the totally fake "investors" meeting.

• Love 3

But why would divorcing Meri and marrying Robyn insure that the show continues? It's just not that interesting and doesn't really change the family. Of course, Meri has given up her legal advantage in terms of social security, inheritance, and medical decision-making. It's not much of a new storyline if that's its purpose.

My personal theory is that this drama will cause ratings to pick back up because people will want to tune in just to see this unfold, insuring another season.

I hope and pray on everything holy that if adoption does have a place in this that it is only of Robyn's kids... And NOT my 5 wives style of bringing some poor undsuspecting baby into this crap shoot.

• Love 4

I just wonder WHEN TLC found out about this situation. They were filming this season's episodes at the end of last summer, right before Kody and Meri filed and received the divorce. There is not a hint of anything of a divorce or upcoming marriage in any of the episodes. You know if TLC had any idea, they would have run with it. Kody and Robin went to Hawaii in December. Could TLC have filmed that as yet another honeymoon? I'm inclined to think that TLC just recently found out about this mess, cobbled together the Very Special Robyn Episode to explain away what has happened and are crossing their fingers this isn't going to implode too badly with the rabid fans.

I hope and pray on everything holy that if adoption does have a place in this that it is only of Robyn's kids... And NOT my 5 wives style of bringing some poor undsuspecting baby into this crap shoot.

Oh lord. Hadn't thought about that. Kody: "We will do ANYTHING to bring spirit-babies to our family."

Apparently there is a scam in the fundy-sects of the husband divorcing the first wife and getting massive tax write-offs for alimony payments (that are never actually made).

I wonder if there could be any link to this whole situation and the fact that the info for the "Courting Another Woman" episode was supposed to include something about Robyn's ex. 

The page is just called Sister Wives.  Facebook.com/sisterwives 

• Love 1
You know if TLC had any idea, they would have run with it. Kody and Robin went to Hawaii in December.

Well, mileage varies but I think this is exactly what TLC had in mind.  Keep things on the down low and then leak this through social media to fire things up at the same time the episodes in the fall were filmed.  Eager viewers are tuned in to look for any nefarious clues of upcoming changes.  Up those ratings!

• Love 2

No way any adoption agency signs off on this and with a private adoption, why would they care who's officially married to whom?

In this (utterly speculative) scenario, there is no adoption agency. Robyn's kids aren't orphans; they live with their birth mother. There's a legal process by which a stepparent can become the legal parent of a child, IF the bio-parent has gone to court and severed all parental rights. This would mean that there is no child support required, nor any visitation. If David Jessop relinquished his parental rights, Kody would be allowed to adopt Robyn's children as his own IF he and Robyn were legally married.

Actually, I was referring to the post about them possibly adopting a baby...

But your explanation regarding this other scenario makes sense. But would their father actually do that? That would be emotionally tough to deal with for his kids...

• Love 1

Actually, I was referring to the post about them possibly adopting a baby...

But your explanation regarding this other scenario makes sense. But would their father actually do that? That would be emotionally tough to deal with for his kids...

Sorry for that mis-read, OlderNotWiser. It does happen, sadly enough, but typically it's only when there are some pretty big problems with the bio-parent. I suppose it's possible that their dad has bigger issues than we know. I can't really wrap my head around someone relinquishing their parental rights, since you would be telling your kids "I am no longer your dad/mom." And again...ALL of this is total speculation for why this weird scenario has cropped up!

• Love 1

Sorry I think I caused the confusion... And I was being completely fecesious, I dont really think there will be an outside adoption...but I just meant that since it was a story line on "my five wives" and the Browns have been repeating story lines, it would be funny if they tried to borrow this one.

I do think they could be setting up to adopt Robyn's kids, that seems like the most logical explanation, but im sure this will get drug out to get another season, like Robyn's potential pregnancy.

These are all good points...  Every time I read another one, it offers something else to think about!

My take is that Kody is, indeed, capitulating to Robyn, probably wanting to be married to her instead of Meri (after all, what purpose does Meri serve towards KODY'S betterment besides eternal love and devotion?), and together -- maybe with TLC's help, maybe not -- the two of them came up with the "oh, no! Robyn will lose her kids if you don't divorce him and let him legally marry Robyn!" schtick.  I don't know if I believe that her ex wants custody of the kids, it seems like if he had even an iota of self-respect, he would try to get them out of there.  You know, as long as he wasn't responsible for Dayton when he had that horrible ATV accident because that could be somewhat problematic. 

Added to all of the other "benefits" of the situation, it was really for the best for the whole family, right?  RIGHT!!???

Meri had already fallen for Kody's krap when he took Janelle as his first mistress, then Christine, etc, so he knew that he could talk her into anything.  Even into divorcing him possibly "temporarily" -- which I don't believe for one moment.  This is not temporary, imo, even if it IS just for ratings.  I also believe that Robyn wanted all of him and that she's been planning this for a long time.  Meri is no threat to Kody, as far as leaving goes... I'm sure he feels that she will never leave him, or look for anyone else. 

I really wish she would. 

I'm with everyone who said that this latest stunt has made them feel sick to their stomach.  It makes me feel complete disgust and contempt for these people... even more than I already had, which is really saying something. 

• Love 5

The tweets that CJ posted tonight certainly suggest that Meri wasn't treating this as another routine scammer move in Plygland. Pieces of the puzzle being put together there seem to point to a woman hurting deeply.

Who knows, of course. I do remember wondering "what the devil is up with her?" as CJ was sharing select tweets live around that time. Now we have some context.

• Love 2

I am 100% sure Meri is an emotional mess about it. Even if this was a pre agreed financial scam or something "practical" regarding Robyn's kids. This is a woman who has never been practical about the family. She gets emotional because she "needs" a wet bar and the largest McMansion to make up for the fact that she doesn't have 7 kids, she insists on having the same budget as those wives with 6 kids, she insists Mariah gets to go to a very expensive school whilst her sisters go to state schools. No way she didn't cling to her cherished "real wife" status and now her youngest rival has it. We have seen all of them over the years making trivial things into examples of power struggles and symbolic status with Kody.

• Love 12

I doubt that Kody is adopting Robyn’s kids. There is no reason to believe that her ex-husband, who seems to have been involved in his kids lives, has suddenly decided he wants to walk away and allow his parental rights to be terminated. That would be hard for him and for the kids. No mother should want their kids to think that Daddy suddenly doesn’t want them anymore. Even if Robyn is trying to get more custody, being married to Kody isn’t going to change anything. She is still in a polygamous relationship regardless of whether the marriage is legal or not. The courts aren’t stupid. Also, step-parents don’t have legal rights to the children over biological parents. Also, if this is about Robyn’s kids, you can’t go on television and talk about it because you are now admitting that the divorce and new marriage was a scam.

I also don’t believe this is about Mariah getting more financial aid. People have kids go to college all the time, have trouble finding money for tuition but don’t get divorced in hopes of getting more financial aid. By the way, Meri is an idiot if she decided this is a good idea for any reason other than to get as far away from this dysfunctional situation as possible. I can see Janelle not caring but this must just be breaking Christine’s heart. Robyn now has the power position in the family.

I don’t believe that TLC has orchestrated the divorce and marriage. I wonder if they even knew about it. Sister Wives is not such a big show that this will bring ratings. It isn’t Jon and Kate. People who don’t watch the show won’t care. This show is not on the cover of magazines or even just articles in the magazine. People are uncomfortable with this type of relationship as it is, so I don’t suddenly becoming a ratings grabber. I firmly believe this is some other type of financial scam they are running. Even if you take polygamy out of the equation, these people never do anything logically. It’s always about making a quick buck or an easy way out. If you want polygamist marriage to be legal, divorcing one wife and marrying the last isn’t the way to go about it. If there was logic involved, you would think the second wife would be the one getting married. It is almost like a regular wife’s worst nightmare, when the husband divorces her to marry the younger, thinner wife.

Edited by socalrules
  • Love 6

There has to be a financial angle (ahem, scam) involved. Has to be. It's the Browns. That's their MO.

And forget their "spirit marriage" nonsense. In the real world (where we ALL live, including this freak parade), legal marriage carries clear and distinctive rights. Robyn now has those. Meri doesn't. If she didn't give them up willingly - and I don't mean in the name of the latest family scheme - I actually feel sorry for her.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 9
(edited)

I doubt that Kody is adopting Robyn’s kids. There is no reason to believe that her ex-husband, who seems to have been involved in his kids lives, has suddenly decided he wants to walk away and allow his parental rights to be terminated. That would be hard for him and for the kids. No mother should want their kids to think that Daddy suddenly doesn’t want them anymore. Even if Robyn is trying to get more custody, being married to Kody isn’t going to change anything. She is still in a polygamous relationship regardless of whether the marriage is legal or not. The courts aren’t stupid. Also, step-parents don’t have legal rights to the children over biological parents. Also, if this is about Robyn’s kids, you can’t go on television and talk about it because you are now admitting that the divorce and new marriage was a scam.

I also don’t believe this is about Mariah getting more financial aid. People have kids go to college all the time, have trouble finding money for tuition but don’t get divorced in hopes of getting more financial aid. By the way, Meri is an idiot if she decided this is a good idea for any reason other than to get as far away from this dysfunctional situation as possible. I can see Janelle not caring but this must just be breaking Christine’s heart. Robyn now has the power position in the family.

I don’t believe that TLC has orchestrated the divorce and marriage. I wonder if they even knew about it. Sister Wives is not such a big show that this will bring ratings. It isn’t Jon and Kate. People who don’t watch the show won’t care. This show is not on the cover of magazines or even just articles in the magazine. People are uncomfortable with this type of relationship as it is, so I don’t suddenly becoming a ratings grabber. I firmly believe this is some other type of financial scam they are running. Even if you take polygamy out of the equation, these people never do anything logically. It’s always about making a quick buck or an easy way out. If you want polygamist marriage to be legal, divorcing one wife and marrying the last isn’t the way to go about it. If there was logic involved, you would think the second wife would be the one getting married. It is almost like a regular wife’s worst nightmare, when the husband divorces her to marry the younger, thinner wife.

I'm guessing that Janelle is probably silently happy that Meri is finally getting "hers" after these years.  The eps with the therapist...we were being set up by the producers for this story line.  I really do believe that Figure 8 Films was told by Kody what they planned to do.  They needed a new fresh plot line.  Janelle's weight loss was going nowhere - Sean hasn't even been ON the show this round.  And his video is no longer on the MSWC page.  He's done IMO.  To have another baby would cost money and it's what people expected anyway.  And maybe - just maybe - Robyn hasn't been able to have any more children OR she doesn't want to.  A fifth wife would cut into the check and everyone's piece would shrink.  

Kody has made it CRYSTAL clear, if it wasn't already apparent, that he doesn't care about Meri's feelings, nor Christine's.  Janelle is kind of immune to it i believe, because she's the one who's drunk the kool-aid and again, I think that she's not unhappy about Meri being unhappy.  But I think that Madison's actions when she moved into her new pad - GTFO and let me be alone - as well as Kody having to BRIBE Madison with groceries to get her to be on the show (I doubt he really cared about spending time with her, he just wanted her to be on the show) speaks volumes.  She's disgusted, thoroughly disgusted, about what was going down, because rest assured she was well aware.

I don't think that TLC orchestrated this per se.  I think this is all from the tiny mind of "midas touch" Kody who is trying to keep the show going.  TLC probably found out about it around the same time we all did.  Remember, it's Figure 8 Films who actually produces the shows and TLC buys them.  People are theorizing that this was to adopt Robyn's kids, to save on college tuition and so on.  but really...Kody's not that far thinking and he's not that unselfish.  It all comes down to:  Let's keep the show check going for another couple seasons.  I really wish that TLC would pull the plug on the Browns the way that they pulled the plug on Honey Boo Boo, but as shocked and angry as many people are, this is not the same level as dating the man who molested your own child.  

That said, many of their fans on the TLC FB page are conservative and I get the idea they believe in the sanctity of legal marriage.  So expect a huge backlash.  TLC has probably been wracking their brains for the past 24 hours trying to determine how they are going to handle this.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 13

I'm guessing that Janelle is probably silently happy that Meri is finally getting "hers" after these years.  The eps with the therapist...we were being set up by the producers for this story line.  I really do believe that Figure 8 Films was told by Kody what they planned to do.  They needed a new fresh plot line.  Janelle's weight loss was going nowhere - Sean hasn't even been ON the show this round.  And his video is no longer on the MSWC page.  He's done IMO.  To have another baby would cost money and it's what people expected anyway.  And maybe - just maybe - Robyn hasn't been able to have any more children OR she doesn't want to.  A fifth wife would cut into the check and everyone's piece would shrink.  

Kody has made it CRYSTAL clear, if it wasn't already apparent, that he doesn't care about Meri's feelings, nor Christine's.  Janelle is kind of immune to it i believe, because she's the one who's drunk the kool-aid and again, I think that she's not unhappy about Meri being unhappy.  But I think that Madison's actions when she moved into her new pad - GTFO and let me be alone - as well as Kody having to BRIBE Madison with groceries to get her to be on the show (I doubt he really cared about spending time with her, he just wanted her to be on the show) speaks volumes.  She's disgusted, thoroughly disgusted, about what was going down, because rest assured she was well aware.

I don't think that TLC orchestrated this per se.  I think this is all from the tiny mind of "midas touch" Kody who is trying to keep the show going.  TLC probably found out about it around the same time we all did.  Remember, it's Figure 8 Films who actually produces the shows and TLC buys them.  People are theorizing that this was to adopt Robyn's kids, to save on college tuition and so on.  but really...Kody's not that far thinking and he's not that unselfish.  It all comes down to:  Let's keep the show check going for another couple seasons.  I really wish that TLC would pull the plug on the Browns the way that they pulled the plug on Honey Boo Boo, but as shocked and angry as many people are, this is not the same level as dating the man who molested your own child.  

That said, many of their fans on the TLC FB page are conservative and I get the idea they believe in the sanctity of legal marriage.  So expect a huge backlash.  TLC has probably been wracking their brains for the past 24 hours trying to determine how they are going to handle this.

Agree, agree, agree.  You know, if Kody got word that TLC was no longer interested in his greatness, then he might have figured, "hey, two birds with one stone -- TLC keeps us on air, and Robyn gets what she wants. Win, win!"  I think that Meri was presented the divorce storyline and then talked into it, rather than her being a part of a plan.  It seems like she's let herself be put out to pasture, so to speak, with the grand prize of being Kody's first love.  That man is letting his true colors leak all over the floor, like a pool of crap from a black water hose. 

I wonder if the "leak" of info was all due to the FB group nosing around, or if someone in the family or on the staff was mad at Kody et al and gave the info to someone?  It kind of feels like less of an accidental find and more of a big ol', "fuck you, buddy" -- but, again, I could be misreading the situation. 

• Love 4

But how are they going to play it for publicity though? It's not like a baby or even a courtship that didn't work out, there you can play it for "see I don't marry everyone, it didn't work out but that proves my current marriages are real" etc.

Divorcing your wife to marry your mistress and having your ex wife become your mistress is just a step to far for a lot of people. Either they see it as a financial scam or jilting your 1st wife in favour of the younger one. Neither are good and even if its Robyn's kids related its still skeevy. Seeing them on the couch trying to portray it as perfect and normal and watching Robyn being humble smug about it is going to be a train wreck.

• Love 9

Who filed for bankruptcy last - how long ago was Meri's?  Has Robyn filed bankruptcy before?

I'm trying to figure out if Kody is getting away from Meri so that Meri can file soon (right before they would lose the house) -and it won't go on his records? So that he can file later?  Sorry, I don't know about bankruptcy law, and I know I could Google it - but honestly, y'all usually explain stuff better than Google. 

There is a financial component to this.  There must be.  Grifters may work short grifts here and there, but they are always looking for the long con.  I know this entails the Browns actually thinking ahead - but when $ is involved ($ that falls from the sky, not $ they actually have to, you know, earn) they seem semi-capable of doing this.  I don't mean their plans are good, or that they would\will work, just that it is the only time they can think of the future.  At all.

Edited by Xena
  • Love 9

K. So i found the fb page and after painfully scrolling through twenty posts of "where da show?" In varying levels of spelling ability, I'm gonna stick to getting news here!

Yeah, I've checked that page a few times over the years. Scary place. The great "unanswered questions" thread of a week or two ago (hard questions being asked before posters started blasting them for not answering the questions they solicited) felt very, very different than anything I'd seen there before. The early weekend responses, before the "I'm too stupid to read what's right in front of me" posts last night, mostly were of the same tone.

TLC's moral high ground lies somewhere in the sewer. But that's the kind of thing that must have some of the decision makers tinkling in their diapers right now. Not HBB bad, but potentially bad for what matters to them.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

Who filed for bankruptcy last - how long ago was Meri's?  Has Robyn filed bankruptcy before?

I'm trying to figure out if Kody is getting away from Meri so that Meri can file soon (right before they would lose the house) -and it won't go on his records? So that he can file later?  Sorry, I don't know about bankruptcy law, and I know I could Google it - but honestly, y'all usually explain stuff better than Google. 

There is a financial component to this.  There must be.  Grifters may work short grifts here and there, but they are always looking for the long con.  I know this entails the Browns actually thinking ahead - but when $ is involved ($ that falls from the sky, not $ they actually have to, you know, earn) they seem semi-capable of doing this.  I don't mean their plans are good, or that they would\will work, just that it is the only time they can think of the future.  At all.

Robyn has filed before I think and she brought an additional $30,000 of debt into the family as well. I think the last bankruptcy was in 2010 but I can't remember who that was.

TLC does not buy the show from Figure Eight, its the other way around. TLC orders a specific number of shows/renews for another season.

That said, it is probably a very nice mutual partnership when it comes to scamming and exploitation.  People get their hands dirty the second they sign their lives away to TLC and TLC will do almost anything to get the ratings to make money.

Kody will probably marry Christine's mother next.

• Love 2
watching Robyn being humble smug

Ha...exactly! She's smumble.

Robyn has filed before I think and she brought an additional $30,000 of debt into the family

When I went snooping about this some time ago, I couldn't find any evidence that Robyn had actually ever filed bankruptcy. But she def. had debt...those Victoria's Secret panties aren't going to buy themselves, ya know!

Janelle filed first in 1997, discharging about $13,000

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57591862/Bankruptcy-Filing-of-Sisterwives-Star-Janelle-Brown-1997

Next, Kody and Meri filed as a married couple in 2005, naming Christine as a co-debtor, discharging over $85,600 in debt, while grossing over $4,800/mo. income. (Of particularly delicious note, under "tools of trade," they list a full karaoke setup. Like Kody claims, he makes $!)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57692053/Kody-Meri-Brown-BK

Last, but not least, Christine filed in March of 2010, which is the year they landed their TV gig, discharging over $25,700.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57590939/Bankruptcy-Filing-of-Sister-Wife-Christine-Allred-Brown-3-2010

• Love 1

This isn't really the Browns following Big Love.

It's the Big Love creators who really did their homework and must've figured out that polygamists do this stuff. So they made it part of the plot.

And fast forward, we have the Browns using plyg tricks for some reason that only plygs understand.

My guess, it was about Robyn's children. I doubt this was done for financial aide for Mariah or Meri (who was going to return to school). For someone to go throught the trouble to divorce and remarry, it must've been for a solid reason. I know these people are really nuts and obviously slippery. But they love their children. I bet they would do anything for their children. Robyn's kids are part of the family...I do like how they accepted them all so easily. (Another polygamist cultural thing).

My bet is on trouble with Robyn's ex. I know we talked about this but doesn't he have a scary plyg last name, connected to a powerful family. Robyn might be up against some trouble. There was a hint of that when Kody drove up there with Robyn and the kids for the visitation. Maybe she was whining and getting attention but after reading all those books and all our discussions...those polygamists can play a rough game.

If that is the case and it's not due to some slippery financial situation, then good for them. The Browns are quite a clown circus of marriage problems but I always got the vibe that their children are very very important to all of them.

Edited by Marigold

I know we talked about this but doesn't he have a scary plyg last name, connected to a powerful family.

Jessop. Not sure how influential the name is, although it's a pretty common name amongst plygs. I've read that David Jessop's grandfather is Rulon Allred, which makes him first cousins with Christine.

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Aren't there literally 1000s of Jessops though, and whilst I've no idea what sort of guy he is, he's AUB and not necessarily connected at all with the FLDS Jessops, he's Meri's first cousin so it would be ironic if problems with him forced Meri to get a divorce in favour of Robyn. In such a small community everyone is related to everyone else though and there are only so many surnames if you've been in more than 2 generations.

Ha...exactly! She's smumble.

When I went snooping about this some time ago, I couldn't find any evidence that Robyn had actually ever filed bankruptcy. But she def. had debt...those Victoria's Secret panties aren't going to buy themselves, ya know!

Janelle filed first in 1997, discharging about $13,000

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57591862/Bankruptcy-Filing-of-Sisterwives-Star-Janelle-Brown-1997

Next, Kody and Meri filed as a married couple in 2005, naming Christine as a co-debtor, discharging over $85,600 in debt, while grossing over $4,800/mo. income. (Of particularly delicious note, under "tools of trade," they list a full karaoke setup. Like Kody claims, he makes $!)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57692053/Kody-Meri-Brown-BK

Last, but not least, Christine filed in March of 2010, which is the year they landed their TV gig, discharging over $25,700.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57590939/Bankruptcy-Filing-of-Sister-Wife-Christine-Allred-Brown-3-2010

Sigh. I'm liberal -"flaming" liberal in my very conservative state. I support helping people who fall on hard times and folks who need help because the multiple low-paying jobs they're working fall short of meeting their basic family needs.

But seeing all of this again, in print, really burns me up. The bankruptcies that get them out of commitments they made to others knowing they had know intention of keeping them. The food stamps and other support that they take to feed their (too) many hungry kids, while suing the same government actually feeding them.

Etc., etc., etc.

Well, I am the beast they're bleeding. We all are "the beast" hemorrhaging in the name of the incredibly toxic - and utterly unsustainable - "lifestyle" that they insist we must revere. It all wreaks.

The mere thought that they could have put this in motion because it's Meri's turn at the bankruptcy bat again (Admit it: you can totally see this as possible) really, really makes me angry. They have no shame.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 19
(edited)

TLC does not buy the show from Figure Eight, its the other way around. TLC orders a specific number of shows/renews for another season.

That said, it is probably a very nice mutual partnership when it comes to scamming and exploitation.  People get their hands dirty the second they sign their lives away to TLC and TLC will do almost anything to get the ratings to make money.

That's what I meant, I guess I just didn't state it properly.  It's the production company - along with Kody - coming up with the story ideas.  Actually I think in this instance it was Kody's idea and they had already acted on it vis-a-vis the divorce...then AFTER the divorce was finalized, told PuddleMonkey/F8F about the divorce and their plans.  I'm sure the production company, or TLC, paid for the Hawaii trip.  Otherwise, they'd have just gotten married in Vegas. 

Kind of an additional burn to the other three that Robyn has now received 2 honeymoons as well as two weddings.  Obviously, it wasn't the whole damn family this time round.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3

Robyn's kids are also part of her husband's family. If the ex husband is a decent person--we only have Robyn's side from her dramatic home church speech--I hope the Browns aren't trying to pull some scheme to break that relationship. Plyg world is a strange place though.

They have no shame.

You summed up this debacle in 4 words.  They will do anything for quick and easy money.  This is not a religion no matter how many times they claim it is.  All religions have a version of the basic "do unto others" idea.  With them it's "screw all others".  I detest the whole bunch of them.

• Love 14

Sigh. I'm liberal -"flaming" liberal in my very conservative state. I support helping people who fall on hard times and folks who need help because the multiple low-paying jobs they're working fall short of meeting their basic family needs.

But seeing all of this again, in print, really burns me up. The bankruptcies that get them out of commitments they made to others knowing they had know intention of keeping them. The food stamps and other support that they take to feed their (too) many hungry kids, while suing the same government actually feeding them.

Etc., etc., etc.

Well, I am the beast they're bleeding. We all are "the beast" hemorrhaging in the name of the incredibly toxic - and utterly unsustainable - "lifestyle" that they insist we must revere. It all wreaks.

The mere thought that they could have put this in motion because it's Meri's turn at the bankruptcy bat again (Admit it: you can totally see this as possible) really, really makes me angry. They have no shame.

I'm certainly no expert, but if the divorce is for such purposes, I'd think fraud would be pretty easy to prove. But then we'd have to wonder why the remarriage? I think the purpose is the marriage to Robyn that necessitated the divorce from Mary. Perhaps Robyn's ex is suing for more custody for one or more of his children and is using Robyn's situation against her. That said, I can't see how a judge would find this change any better for the children. It's perplexing. But I don't believe they can pull some financial scam related to the government with this. It seems too easy to deny. 

• Love 1

I remain baffled as to how they can possibly spin this in a sympathetic way. Even they try to make up some dramatic persecution crap about how Robyn's ex is trying to get full custody, how does swapping legal wives but maintaining exactly the same relationships make any difference?

• Love 2

I know Meri is still sealed to the idiot, but is she still considered a wife since she had an actual marriage/divorce and not a commitment ceremony? In other words, does Kody have three wives or four now? I wonder if Meri is still in the rotation.

• Love 1

Now to get Christine and Meri outta there. Janelle can remain aloof and detached. Somehow, I don't think it is true. She stifles her emotions with food.

I would much rather watch a show about the escaping wives than one with Kody and Robyn.

• Love 2

I know Meri is still sealed to the idiot, but is she still considered a wife since she had an actual marriage/divorce and not a commitment ceremony? In other words, does Kody have three wives or four now? I wonder if Meri is still in the rotation.

I guess she is still sealed from her first religious ceremony they had when they legally married. There are lots of stories about Mormons who've divorced and remarried who have to go through a whole palaver to be unsealed from an ex or dead husband. Theoretically they could legally marry someone else and still be sealed to no1. So I guess Meri us still married in the eyes of their church.

Okay, while I'm busy being baffled...so the celestial payoff for putting up with Kody and polygamy is getting to spend eternity putting up with Kody and polygamy?

W...T...F...

But like you get your own planet.....oh wait that's Kody's planet, where he is still in charge. But it's probably really nice and celestially holy? Maybe they can live in 4 separate McCelestial Palaces on different continents. Yeah, doesn't seem an awesome deal for the women in in the highest levels of heaven.

I remain baffled as to how they can possibly spin this in a sympathetic way. Even they try to make up some dramatic persecution crap about how Robyn's ex is trying to get full custody, how does swapping legal wives but maintaining exactly the same relationships make any difference?

If they mention it at all, it will be the kids version for sure. That's the only slightly sympathetic angle "think of the children!" but even then it's still weird because as you say, they've made Kody legally their stepfather but it puts their relationships even further under the microscope. And seriously, they can be as pious as they want about "the kids" if they try that, but it is so not a co incidence that he marries the newest, youngest of his wives, probably the only one he still has a physical relationship with. Meanwhile Christine has continually been overlooked and Robyn has been smugging her way to "most important wife" forever. She laughably tried to be "family/polygamy spokesperson in S1 when she'd been an active polygamous wife for mere weeks.

• Love 1