Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Organized Chaos

• Start Topic

It’s time for the the Bates family’s seasonal clothes switchover. Kelly and the girls pull out the family’s winter clothes to figure out what to keep, what to pass down and what to donate.

What can't Chad do? This man is truly a blessing to this family. I am a hairdresser and as I watched him cutting hair on the boys and dad, he really cuts like he does it as his profession! I am amazed at Erin's husband every time they show him. He is a Jack of all trades AND  a master at ALL!

• Love 4

Did Chad go to barber school or something? I too noticed that his technique was very professional.

I think it's great that he comes over and helps out, but I can't help but wonder if he's going to start wanting a little separation at some point. He works full time and is about to have his own child, I just can't see anyone wanting their in-laws around 24/7.

• Love 2

I think the reason we're seeing Chad and Erin more than the other married couples is that they're getting paid separately for their appearances and maybe like earning the extra money from the show in addition to Chad's paycheck. We probably won't see Alyssa and John nearly as much, because not only are they far away, they're probably much more well off, and John doesn't seem comfortable appearing on a reality tv show. Compared to the Duggars, that's why we see Josh and Anna on a regular basis, they like getting their paycheck as well. Erin's Heparin shots might also be expensive during this pregnancy, it might not be totally covered by insurance. Zack and Whitney might be better off than Chad and Erin financially since they seem to have a better house.

Erin posted a picture of her visiting Chad at his office at the metal fabrication place. He's an office manager; no one has ever specified what Zach does there. I wouldn't be surprised if he was more blue-collar labor. And the Little Bates Family (tm Whitney) will certainly be paid for the next episode, an hour-long VSE of Baby Bradley's birth.

• Love 1

If I was Chad, I wouldn't be over too often. It sounds to me like his family did a good job of raising him, but maybe put a lot on him. Or maybe he's just a naturally quick learner with a voracious appetite for knowledge. I would say the Bateses rely on him too much. One of the boys (or maybe Kelly/Girl) said that they used to do stuff and found out Chad could do it, so they pawned it off on him. I can't imagine he'll want to drop everything and come to their rescue for the rest of his life, especially if it's for stuff they could do but chose not to for whatever reason. This really irks me, but maybe it's because I'm the Chad of my family. :/

• Love 3

If I was Chad, I wouldn't be over too often. It sounds to me like his family did a good job of raising him, but maybe put a lot on him. Or maybe he's just a naturally quick learner with a voracious appetite for knowledge. I would say the Bateses rely on him too much. One of the boys (or maybe Kelly/Girl) said that they used to do stuff and found out Chad could do it, so they pawned it off on him. I can't imagine he'll want to drop everything and come to their rescue for the rest of his life, especially if it's for stuff they could do but chose not to for whatever reason. This really irks me, but maybe it's because I'm the Chad of my family. :/

I feel for him too. He gets called on at every turn. I bet at first it felt great to help/be welcomed into the family but at some point it has to be draining.

• Love 1

I looked up the Batses' friends, the Rodrigues family, thanks to a reference somewhere on this site. Yikes. The eleven Rodrigues kids look emaciated while the father's belly hangs over his belt. The mom is pregnant with baby 12, but there are no clear means to support this baby factory. I wonder if they are angling for a companion show on this network and if the Bateses will support competition. Facebook: David Jill Noyes Rodrigues.

(edited)

Don't get me started on the Rodrigueses. Jill Rod is a narcissistic bitch, and it's obvious that her husband is first in line when Nurie (the oldest daughter) cooks the meals. They are currently touring Florida, living in an RV and singing in churches for their literal supper. I know people who tried to call CPS on them when they started this RV odyssey last fall, but the Rods keep one step ahead of the law, including untracable trac-fones. They are disgusting people who shouldn't have one kid, let alone almost 12 (plus five "babies" in heaven). gag

I think the Bateses tolerate(d) them. They photobombed Erin's wedding pretty effectively. After that, I bet they weren't extended invites to either Zach's or Alyssa's weddings. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

I looked up the Batses' friends, the Rodrigues family, thanks to a reference somewhere on this site. Yikes. The eleven Rodrigues kids look emaciated while the father's belly hangs over his belt. The mom is pregnant with baby 12, but there are no clear means to support this baby factory. I wonder if they are angling for a companion show on this network and if the Bateses will support competition. Facebook: David Jill Noyes Rodrigues.

Wow. I seriously don't think those kids get anything to eat. They don't look healthy at all! I feel sorry for them, they have idiots as parents.

I'm watching this rerun tonight. Can I just say again how much I love this family?! Every time I watch their show, I sit thru the entire show with a goofy-looking smile on my face! If TLC has to include a big family-type reality show in their line-up, then ditch the Duggars and add the Bates!

• Love 3