Type keyword(s) to search

Our Little Family - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I might be over-tired and a bit delirious, but when Michelle said 'a lollipop would come out' if Cate (or CeCe/I can tell them apart but forget their names) went poop, and the girl said 'that scares me,' I lost it. Tears down my face. Also when one of the girls was crying for Michelle while Uncle J babysat, and he put a scooter in her way and she fell over it? Never not funny. Had to rewind a few times.

Seems like Michelle got the memo regarding it seeming as though she didn't like Dan or find him funny. She laughed at pretty much everything he said tonight.

"TV fans!" Thanks Michelle for the laugh. I realize 'tv fans' was used in the viewer's question, but still. Good one.

• Love 1

Those kids are very smart!  Imagine 3 year olds asking questions and giving answers and Dan said Jack is Jack, he is not fed lines.  He is a hammy Hamill!  LOL  I thought Michelle was the most relaxed I have seen her and I have never thought there was friction between her and Dan, they get along great and are happy.  I was glad they clarified the picture taking at the Lincoln Memorial as I didn't know cameras weren't allowed at the top and they weren't well known then and still may not be if you don't watch the TLC network.  Dan has a quick wit and Jack has picked up on it.  Michelle is no slouch either and rolls with the punches with 3 small kids.  

• Love 1

I never thought there was friction between Michelle and Dan either.  It's more like indifference, which I've always been told is the opposite of love.

I just finally watched the episode when they visited the Roloff's.  Those Hamill kids are really obnoxious.  How many times does Jack need to say chicken poop?  He acts like he's 3.  The twins do nothing but whine.  When they were sticking those peacock feathers in everyone's faces, I wanted to slap them.

Someone, someday will get sick of Jack's smart mouth, and shut it up for him.

Edited by Honey

I think they read some online commentary before the season wrap show and wanted to try to change viewer perception.  I agree Jack acts closer to three than six.  I don't know why they want to say their son is a smart mouth when people who work on these shows say the kids are all fed lines.  I presume they are following the producer's direction to try to maintain the facade of reality.  I should hope the three year olds could answer some questions.  The ones at my grandson's preschool carry on actual conversations with adults. 

I think they read some online commentary before the season wrap show and wanted to try to change viewer perception.  I agree Jack acts closer to three than six.  I don't know why they want to say their son is a smart mouth when people who work on these shows say the kids are all fed lines.  I presume they are following the producer's direction to try to maintain the facade of reality.  I should hope the three year olds could answer some questions.  The ones at my grandson's preschool carry on actual conversations with adults. 

I think they read some feedback too especially about the picture taking fit Michelle threw!  

I guess the other little family didn't get the memo their kids should be carrying on conversations by now!

First time poster here to say, I can't help it either ... I love this show. Especially the twins. I would watch a show just of them rolling grapes to each other. They are adorable. Jack? Not so much. Hopefully the girls keep their natural sweetness, which Jack seems to have lost.

(edited)
On 3/17/2015 at 1:29 PM, Chalby said:

I get the impression that this family uses a lot of 'joking' put downs and name calling as I have notice Jack often responding to others with sarcastic wisecracks. Sadly, these wisecracks aren't cute when they come from a child. On the good side, you can't understand most of these kids say, so no harm done.

The part that really annoys me is when Michelle was constantly telling people not to take the family's picture in D.C. Sure, it's okay for them to show up with a film crew, but no one is allowed to take their picture? Get real, stay off TLC if you don't want your picture taken.

I'm watching reruns and this comment is gross. They are not there for pictures to be taken of their CHILDREN, yeah let me say that again CHILDREN like a f*cking exhibit. If those people didn't want to be on camera they could of avoided them by moving away from the cameras. I am well aware what people do when cameras are around being in film and TV myself, people will do whatever they can to get their little moment even when not part of the production. You have no clue about crowds and cameras. If they weren't little people no one would be batting an eye at them with a camera snapping in their face. They weren't in the wrong and this is total victim blaming. Are you okay with the woman that touched one of the girls in season 2 when they went to New York? I think you need a reality check on how to treat people with respect and kindness. They're humans too and deserve to be treated as such not as if they're an exhibit at the zoo. These grown a** people didn't even ask for permission for photos, nothing. The fact that you have a problem with this says more about you then them. Learn how to treat people big or small the same or gtfo. 

Edited by Ari

I was surprised to see this topic pop up again or indeed for this forum to have a comment after all these years, LOL.  Funny that this incident was also being discussed on the very first page!  My impression at the time was that the people were just trying to take pictures of the, you know, TOURIST ATTRACTIONS since "Our Little Family" was standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.  Maybe a few were also like, "Oh, look; a camera crew.  Must be someone famous!" and snapped a pic having no idea who "Our Little Family" was.  Maybe one or two were taking photos of dwarfs, specifically, although I hope not.  But hey, they tell us they're used to be stared at, etc.  Mom's reaction was over-the-top and probably just for dramatic effect.  If you don't want notoriety, maybe don't put yourselves and your small children on a national reality TV show about dwarfism.

That said, I kind of miss this show and actually enjoyed the parents and twins; not so much smart-alecky, script-reading Jack.  Michelle is pretty funny.  She reminded me of Becky (husband Craig) Hennon of "Our Little Life" ("Little Parents, Big Pregnancy/Big Charlie"); it never really took off.  

The "Our Little Life" and "The 7 Little Johnstons" families are all friends of Matt Roloff, which I imagine was how they got their big break in show biz!

• Useful 1