Type keyword(s) to search

Our Little Family - General Discussion

• Start Topic

One of the little girls, I think it is CeCe , looks just like a miniature Janelle from Sister Wives to me.

Oh so true and I think it is Cece!  Other lookalikes for me are Michelle's mom and Bill Klein's mom Barbara and Michelle's brother Jeff is very similar to one of Bill's brothers.  They even have that Bronxie type accent even though they don't have that in common.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

I'm not expecting a renewal on this one.  They quit hitting the cable top 100 of the day beginning around episode 3 or 4.  Their viewership had dropped by half already at that point.  I find them very dull and it seems most of the beginning audience did also.  My neighbor said she lasted about 10 minutes of the first episode. 

Guess they wont be buying that new house.

I did watch last night, wish I had not.  Everything having to do with the turkey and kitchen was so unsanitary and foolish.  Poultry liquid, kids touching everything, the son standing on the counter. The mom climbing again and then standing on the counter.  I would never eat anything in that house.  Yuck. 

Her husband who is supposed to be a talented carpenter didnt think to build one of those sliding ladders for the kitchen?

Her family seemed nice, but that dinner looked so bad. 

Also, the mothers incessant squealing about everything. I would last one minute around that.  

I think this show was a last minute, scrape the bottom of the barrel replacement for Honey Boo Boo.

• Love 2

I have an unreasonable hate for Michelle's tagline, "I can't WAIT to see where the journey takes us." Um, isn't the journey under your control? Aren't you supposed to be living your life while filming a TV show? Maybe the journey takes us to a new house, provided by TLC.

Perhaps they are not so different from Jen and Bill. If the Arnold-Kleins are exploiting their children by having them appear on reality TV, isn't this family doing the exact same thing? It should be noted that Jen and Bill have not made an issue of potty training, but the potty training episode of this show? Worse than the Gosselins, and there were six of them. This was way, way worse than anything I have seen on a reality show.

As for Jen's "shortcomings" I think I'd rather watch a woman who maybe can't do it all, but can make a pretty good effort, rather than Michelle, who to me seems very shallow.

• Love 1

Any parent who puts their child on a reality show is exploiting their children.  So, yes this family is no exception.  The potty training is so wrong for so many reasons, no matter which show it is.   

I agree that their journey seems to be a desperate attempt at making money, money they are not capable of making without this show. I also agree there is nothing special about them.    They are just another family.

The only points this show gets is that its does not seem to be staged and so fake like the Little Couple.

• Love 3

As for Jen's "shortcomings" I think I'd rather watch a woman who maybe can't do it all, but can make a pretty good effort, rather than Michelle, who to me seems very shallow.

The issue I have with Jen is she says she does it all without help.  Michelle is honest and we actually see her coping and not hearing about it in a TH with no proof it happens as with Jen.  Michelle has no nanny or hovering parents or a doctor friend who always seems to be there to handle one of the kids.  Judy or Dave gets one and Susan gets the other.  Jen takes the credit for making a pretty good effort though!  She can recruit with the best of them!  LOL  

I agree, no kid should be on tv and nothing filmed about their childhood that any adult wouldn't want filmed about themselves either.  Potty business comes to mind and what comes to mind is a show like My 600lb Life.  I don't want to see a companion/caregiver vaseline and baby powder a butt hole!   

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 3

I'm not so sure we've ever heard Jen say that. 

I posted the video of Jen and Bill talking about how they are coping since Bill's surgery on TLC forum yesterday.  You can also see it on the network's site.  She says it there, baths them gets them ready for bed, cpaps, stories, pj's.  

• Love 1

I don't believe she is physically capable of doing baths alone. Maybe if she just had them in a walk in shower, perhaps. I am not putting Jen down for not being physically able, but I have stated this before on The Arnold's thread, Bill and Jen Do have physical/health problems that have and do limit how they care for their kids. If not for money, I do not believe they could care for the kids. Which goes back to how did they manage to adopt the kids in the first place?

The Hamill's are fortunate that they seem to have much sturdier bodies, more so than the Roloff's even. Although I think Amy's problem is just weight.

Jen's issues are much more substantial. Neck and back fusion, hips, cancer have clearly limited her, as well as just a tiny stature.

Wants, wants, wants! So go to TLC and sell your odd looking kids and maybe you will get a new kitchen.

Odd looking kids? I'm not crazy about the children's whining and behavior but I wouldn't criticize their physical appearance. 

Gimipizzauoldtroll, they live in Annapolis, Maryland. 

• Love 6

That little boy has quite the mouth on him when he's playing soccer.... lol   how many times did he call everyone "suckas"??? 

I get the impression that this family uses a lot of 'joking' put downs and name calling as I have notice Jack often responding to others with sarcastic wisecracks. Sadly, these wisecracks aren't cute when they come from a child. On the good side, you can't understand most of these kids say, so no harm done.

The part that really annoys me is when Michelle was constantly telling people not to take the family's picture in D.C. Sure, it's okay for them to show up with a film crew, but no one is allowed to take their picture? Get real, stay off TLC if you don't want your picture taken.

• Love 1

I agree, no kid should be on tv and nothing filmed about their childhood that any adult wouldn't want filmed about themselves either.  Potty business comes to mind and what comes to mind is a show like My 600lb Life.  I don't want to see a companion/caregiver vaseline and baby powder a butt hole!   

Thank you!  This is the the fourth reality show where I've watched small children being potty trained on camera.  It's unnecessary and sets the kids up for future ridicule by their peers. The poor souls on "My 600-lb Life" willingly signed over their privacy, but the half-naked, potty training kids are at the mercy of their parents.

• Love 1

This. Yes, they are different. Not bad. Not good. But at the same time she is saying don't treat us differently. We are adapting to the world. All fine and good, until I see her climbing the grocery shelves and saying she has had shelves crash down on her. So please don't sue the store when your child who is climbing in the refrigerator section with his dirty shoes and tumbles down. She made it seem like using a grabber was insulting but climbing through our food is not???

And the whole picture thing and wagging her finger....Most likely people are taking pics because you have a film crew in tow. LP's aren't that interesting.

She is rude and insulting to her husband. Her children don't seem well mannered. I see a LP Kate Gosselin in the making.

I was channel surfing and came across this show.  I think the kids are adorable.  The little boy is full of personality. 

The mom gets on my nerves, my 1st thought when the husband & wife were doing the sofa TH's was that she reminded me a bit of they way Kate Gosslin use to treat Jon.  The mom is very loud and abrasive. 

I did not see the episode where they were touring DC and she yelled 'No Pictures!', but, if I happened to see a group of people with a camera crew, etc. following them, I would take a picture of the whole group, thinking they were someone famous, nothing to do with their size.

I am 5'7", in the grocery store, if I see someone struggling to try to get something off of the shelf, I always say something like 'want me to grab that for you?'. I've never had anyone get upset at me or insulted.  I remember seeing an episode of the Roloff's where the mom would climb up the shelves in the store also.  If they want to be independent and get items off of the shelves themselves,  wonder why they don't bring a stool with them & toss it in the cart.  That's what I would do.

From what I have gathered, they live in a rented home, mentioned looking for a house to buy.  My first thought was that they watched "Little Couple" and envisioned being able to do the same type of custom home they did.  IIRC, that is how Kate Gosselin got started on reality TV, saw some show about another couple who had sextuplets & saw all of the freebies they were getting, thought "I deserve that too!". 

The dad sounds to me as if he is from Canada.

Edited by alegtostandon

He is!  Someone on here mentioned from where and I didn't even notice his accent until they mentioned that, and they have now said it a couple of times on the show. I was hoping the family vacation would be to Canada because they keep talking about how they want the kids to know their dad's culture. 

From last night... with the zipline... you would think the zipline course would have a height requirement and not just age. They can't be the first people who were too short to use it. And the way they made it sound was that at the end you had to get yourself off - I think the guy said that was the issue because at the beginning he could have lifted him up and connected him but at the end he would have no one to help him.  

At least the go-karts had height requirements but I feel like I've seen little kids drive go-karts before. but maybe not.....?

Dad is from British Columbia I think.  If there is a height issue with the zip line, then they should post signs and put it on the website.  I've seen height signs at go kart places.  

Do these people have no clue how to use a car seat? The girls should still be facing backwards based on their size and weight. The straps need to be placed correctly and Jack is way to small for the booster/seat belt strap.

I think Michelle is mean. She undermines and belittles Dan. I have spotted her resting bitch face many times now. Jack is a smart ass and that won't do him any favor and the girls just seem slow.

Boring story lines. Not nice people.

I was channel surfing and came across this show.  I think the kids are adorable.  The little boy is full of personality. 

The mom gets on my nerves, my 1st thought when the husband & wife were doing the sofa TH's was that she reminded me a bit of they way Kate Gosslin use to treat Jon.  The mom is very loud and abrasive. 

I did not see the episode where they were touring DC and she yelled 'No Pictures!', but, if I happened to see a group of people with a camera crew, etc. following them, I would take a picture of the whole group, thinking they were someone famous, nothing to do with their size.

I am 5'7", in the grocery store, if I see someone struggling to try to get something off of the shelf, I always say something like 'want me to grab that for you?'. I've never had anyone get upset at me or insulted.  I remember seeing an episode of the Roloff's where the mom would climb up the shelves in the store also.  If they want to be independent and get items off of the shelves themselves,  wonder why they don't bring a stool with them & toss it in the cart.  That's what I would do.

From what I have gathered, they live in a rented home, mentioned looking for a house to buy.  My first thought was that they watched "Little Couple" and envisioned being able to do the same type of custom home they did.  IIRC, that is how Kate Gosselin got started on reality TV, saw some show about another couple who had sextuplets & saw all of the freebies they were getting, thought "I deserve that too!". 

This! I totally see this with Michelle. She likes the top brands. Stays at home, doesn't cook and expects money to fall from the sky, or TLC. TLC will ruin this family. And Michelle, this is not the way for Jack to just blend in.

Oops, thanks!

Well they are odd looking, particularly the twins. Just because a kid is on TV means I can't criticize their appearance? Since when. The parent's should think of all the pitfalls that come with RTV. And if they don't think Jack and his smart ass. sarcastic remarks will win him friends they are wrong. The girl's features may not be so accentuated if Michelle combed their hair and wiped their faces once in awhile. Their pants are always sagging in the butt. By a smaller size.

I just don't see the draw on this family unless it is capturing the bitchy Michelle breaking Dan's little balls.

I enjoyed last night's episode. I hope that the series gets picked up for another season.

I noticed that there was a commercial for the 7 Little Johnstons. Is TL C going to have 4 Little People shows? The Little Couple, 7 Little Johnstons, Our Little Family, and I read that they will be airing new episodes of Little People Bill World this year. What is up with TLC and their obsession with Little People?

Was there?? I think I fast forwarded through commercials so I probably missed it. They've shown 2 of the 7 little Johnstons episodes.  Seems like they do one every so often. Can't quite figure out what they're trying to do with that show.  But yes, it's a little weird to have so many shows about little people families. 

One of the little girls, I think it is CeCe , looks just like a miniature Janelle from Sister Wives to me.

I mentioned on another page I think she looks like Tori Spelling.  Poor child.  She seems to have the less personality.

I die laughing at Kate a few times. When they went to the toy store and she takes the stroller, "I'm gonna go look around.."  Then when she fell and hopped back up with her hands in the air.  I enjoy watching the twins interaction.

I couldn't believe that Michelle actually thought they acted better because they weren't dressed the same. I hope that was just for show.

Michelle and Dan both earned points with me. With Michelle's PIVOT, PIVOT!  And then Dan with "come here Olivia Newton John" when CeCe's headband was across her forehead. I laughed.

Yes! Looking forward to 7 Little Johnstons. As mentioned in one of the first few posts at this show, I was hoping for them.

Dan is from Fredericton New Brunswick.  I like Dan and he is down to earth and balances Michelle's exuberance.  I love how the kids listen to both their parents and are so well behaved.  I was wondering why though in the van they didn't just ask one of the twins to stop crying, I think it was Cece.  I wish I had a nickel for every time either myself or my brother were told to "STOP IT RIGHT NOW!"  And we did!.  Hours of allowing that to continue, no thanks.  The other two kids seemed fine and were not using handhelds or watching videos, they were actually looking out the car windows!  Michelle voiced a great philosophy that when the kids are not calm it is more important to stay calm.   

Jeff is a hoot!  Him crashing a little people's party was hilarious.  Imagine even in Annapolis Dan and Michelle found other little people to be friends with and I am sure it was through LPA.  

I think the kids are smart and in touch with their parents.  They seem to follow their parents conversations and Jack quite often sticks his two cents in with a funny remark.  Even the 3 year old girls are very aware of their surroundings and what is going on.  

• Love 1

I enjoyed last night's episode. I hope that the series gets picked up for another season.

I noticed that there was a commercial for the 7 Little Johnstons. Is TL C going to have 4 Little People shows? The Little Couple, 7 Little Johnstons, Our Little Family, and I read that they will be airing new episodes of Little People Bill World this year. What is up with TLC and their obsession with Little People?

TLC = The Little Channel?

• Love 2

This show has no original content, save for maybe the only little people holiday party.   Its all been done before on Jon and Kate, Bill and Sven Jen and the rest.

I do agree the wife belittles her husband. I also agree the boy has a smart mouth and its not cute or funny.

I still maintain that the only reason the show is on is because of the Honey Boo Boo cancellation.     

• Love 2

Dan is from Fredericton New Brunswick.  I like Dan and he is down to earth and balances Michelle's exuberance.  I love how the kids listen to both their parents and are so well behaved.  I was wondering why though in the van they didn't just ask one of the twins to stop crying, I think it was Cece.  I wish I had a nickel for every time either myself or my brother were told to "STOP IT RIGHT NOW!"  And we did!.  Hours of allowing that to continue, no thanks.  The other two kids seemed fine and were not using handhelds or watching videos, they were actually looking out the car windows!  Michelle voiced a great philosophy that when the kids are not calm it is more important to stay calm.   

Jeff is a hoot!  Him crashing a little people's party was hilarious.  Imagine even in Annapolis Dan and Michelle found other little people to be friends with and I am sure it was through LPA.  

I think the kids are smart and in touch with their parents.  They seem to follow their parents conversations and Jack quite often sticks his two cents in with a funny remark.  Even the 3 year old girls are very aware of their surroundings and what is going on.  

Well behaved?? We must be watching 2 different shows. I don't think the girls are well behaved.

I missed a few episodes then watched the Christmas vacation show. I am mostly apathetic. I liked Michelle a little more, maybe she relaxed a little bit in front of the cameras.

I'm sure they hope the freebies will roll in but I think there is reality family fatigue. I want to watch the house hunting episode. Their rental home is lovely and seems to be in pristine condition, maybe they will use the TLC money to try to buy it.

Any plans for a custom little person home are pie in the sky for a family with modest earning potential.

It appears there will be a second season. My co-worker just texted me that she was out with her kids, and the family is at a store next door with a film crew.

I didn't watch this show when it was first on, but they're running a marathon today and I have it on while I'm doing some housework. Two things have jumped out at me.

1.  They waited until Jack was 6 before they decided he could do some chores.  He should have been picking his toys up ever since he was capable of dumping them  out (even if he needed some help).

2.  Michelle's freak out about people taking photos of the kids.  I understand it (I have a child with Down syndrome, so I get that people stare, etc.).  But…they were in a public place, a typical place for picture taking in fact.  Also, perhaps people wouldn't even notice if you weren't being followed around by a camera crew.  Not wanting strangers to take pictures of your kids while putting all of their embarrassing moments (potty training, tantrums, etc.) on TV is pretty hypocritical.

• Love 7

I don't know if Jack is given lines to read or what, but he sure has a sassy/smart mouth.  He's only 7, it's going to get worse.  It's annoying.

Also, I don't see one bit of warmth, caring or love between Michelle and Dan.

I didn't realize until this episode that Dan worked at Lowes.  He's a project specialist.

Oh yeah and Dan, get the woman some frigging jewelry, you cheapskate.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1

Oh, this show . . . I've tried and tried to like it.  I really don't think it's going to happen.  I'm usually a pretty soft touch when it comes to shows with young kids, but there's something so irritating about these people.  Every scenario feels so forced and staged.  I won't harp on every aspect of tonight's episode that I disliked, but I must point out the feet on the countertops during food preparation- AGAIN.  The camera even zoomed in on the twins' feet while they were stirring the pancake batter.  I'm trying to be sensitive about the fact that they're little people who would naturally have trouble with high counters, but do it on the kitchen table, seriously.  And what was with the dad throwing (and breaking) a mixing bowl?!  It was as if he was totally fine with the fact that the bowl broke.  Odd people.

• Love 2

Do these people have no clue how to use a car seat? The girls should still be facing backwards based on their size and weight. The straps need to be placed correctly and Jack is way to small for the booster/seat belt strap.

I think Michelle is mean. She undermines and belittles Dan. I have spotted her resting bitch face many times now. Jack is a smart ass and that won't do him any favor and the girls just seem slow.

Boring story lines. Not nice people.

This! I totally see this with Michelle. She likes the top brands. Stays at home, doesn't cook and expects money to fall from the sky, or TLC. TLC will ruin this family. And Michelle, this is not the way for Jack to just blend in.

THANK GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS CECE IS SLOW!!!! The mom is bitchy and the whole telling people to stop taking photos in DC urked me! Plus the kids are spoiled BRATS, who the hell can afford to stay at home with there kids? Plus the mother is FORTY with twin 3 yr olds & "always wanted to be a stay at home mom" ...Hahaha because there small there probly on disability & tlc picks up the rest of the income, this show is like a trainwreck u cant help but watch..... Why its on again is BEYOND me...... Whats with TLC and there obbsession with small people, they freak me out hard core!

The other part that annoys me is these kids temper tantrums, the crying its obnoxious, they dont disapline them enough apparently!! ..Plus the parnets are irresponsible no life jackets, car seats wrong, let the kids walk all over counters, jack falls off stools (then dont give him one) ...like this person that i quoted said, and the mom ALWAYS wants gifts from her husband but always emasculates him, poor man dude! Who else would deal with her houty touty little shit personality! Fake as fake comes!

Edited by xsumlikeith0t

I don't like them much either. For one thing, the wife reminds me too much of Amy Roloff..just too aggressive. The kids don't talk any better than they did last year either..the boy's mouth is too smart...there is just something different about the kids..can't put my finger on it..they seem smart enough..not sure what is different other than their size.

Not watching anything on TLC anymore.     Even if I was, I would not be watching this show.

I did see an ad for it though on another channel and it grossed me out.  One of the little girls licking a cupcake.  

Why did the dad throw a bowl?

Not watching anything on TLC anymore.     Even if I was, I would not be watching this show.

I did see an ad for it though on another channel and it grossed me out.  One of the little girls licking a cupcake.  

Why did the dad throw a bowl?

He wanted the mom to think he was having troubles and/or messing up the kitchen.  The bowl appeared to be melamine, so I don't think he expected it to break.

• Love 1

I don't watch this show (nor will I) but I was horrified by the commercials showing those kids on a sailboat WITHOUT LIFE JACKETS.  To me that is child endangerment just as allowing a kid to ride in a car without a seat belt.  Unconscionable.

I don't watch this show (nor will I) but I was horrified by the commercials showing those kids on a sailboat WITHOUT LIFE JACKETS.  To me that is child endangerment just as allowing a kid to ride in a car without a seat belt.  Unconscionable.

Maybe if a boat is over a certain size, you don't have to wear them as long as they're within reach.  I live in a resort area and we have 3 big boats which cruise on our lake.  A life jacket is not required for the hour to 5 hour long cruises, but there are plenty on-board.

Sorry, but I don't think "within reach" works for three little kids and only two parents on a boat that big.  And unless the parents and children have received customized swimming lessons (as recommended for those with dwarfism) those kids are goners.  With their body mass and short limbs they sink very quickly.

And life jacket use is regulated by each State. In Michigan every child under 6 is required to wear one.  It doesn't matter how long the cruise or the number of people on board.

Nothing makes me madder than parents wailing and wringing their hands on TV because their child drowned.  I have no sympathy for people without enough common sense to know how quickly going overboard can happen.  For Pete's sake, we just had a drowning of an adult who dove in to retrieve his hat.  In the panic over a child in the water chances are they are both finished.

• Love 2

That worried me. And I'm not one of those overly-worried parent types. But when they were jumping around, toward the edge, and the edge was not high with just a tiny rope, I was getting nervous. I don't get it, they just sit back while this is happening, but if Jack falls and starts screaming, she charges down the street like an ambulance on feet, screaming and wailing.

I didn't realize until this episode that Dan worked at Lowes.  He's a project specialist.

Is that something in store? Or does he work in the Lowe's corporate office?

She kept making the biggest deal out of how good she is at donating already altered little people clothes, and how she's make a families dream come true and the boxes had like a few t-shirts each. Then she shoves them in the garage with all the other junk!?

Why do these kids like sticking their tongue in or on everything?

Love Uncle J. The true star of the show.

I forgot Dan had his 50's movie star voice. Porkshopsh and Appleshaushe. He needs to watch the kids in the store and not let them knock shit over and climb all over the shelves and taking pictures. I was appalled.

I like the other little family better. Trent & Amber and their family.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

Cute birthday party.

Love her brother Jeff. He seems so happy and fun.

Yes - I thought Uncle J was adorable. When Michelle called to see how things were going, he said "Oh good. We're sitting here filling out Jack's online dating profile..." and I laughed out loud. Alone in my house. Those kids have a very fun uncle in him.

• Love 2

Yes what is the fascination with all the little people shows?  LOL

My theory is - it's just a trend. Like all those single-dad sitcoms in the 60s. Can't imagine what TLC - in particular - will come up with next.

Michelle seems so cold to Dan, demeaning and very materialistic. Her children are so disheveled and unkept. This show isn't doing the kids any favors. I think they are formatting after Jon and Kate. What really upset me was these tiny children on a swift moving boat with no life jackets. TLC, how could you?

I don't know if Jack is given lines to read or what, but he sure has a sassy/smart mouth.  He's only 7, it's going to get worse.  It's annoying.

Also, I don't see one bit of warmth, caring or love between Michelle and Dan.

Oh yeah and Dan, get the woman some frigging jewelry, you cheapskate.

Maybe Dan doesn't feel there is any extra money. Michelle is decked out in designer brands, a LV purse, etc...

Yea, Jack isn't charming at all.

Ugh to Uncle J. He looks so unhealthy to me for some reason. I dunno, looks like a man with an alcohol problem. And why are Cece and Kate wailing all the time. Agree, keep your tongues in your mouths.

• Love 1

I have a little trouble focusing on this show, but I do think the girls are adorable, I usually dread tlc commercials because they are the same snippet over and over every commercial break, but I love the one where one only the Pirates says "I'm a pirate, where's my booty" then this wee Michelle is drinking some kind of smoothie and makes a face, and she goes "do you like it? Then why did you do this *scrunches face*". I'm sure to some degree they are fed lines, but I still think they are cute.

• Love 1

I was so disappointed in this episode - I only watched a few minutes.  I recognized the boat they were on as the Schooner Woodwind out of Annapolis.  We have sailed on it many times and was sad that they only showed a few minutes.  (This vessel was used in the movie Wedding Crashers)  They could have filmed an entire episode with the kids exploring the boat etc.    I think that life jackets are optional for children but I have seen parents provide their own while out on the water.  If I sailed with my grandchildren, they would be wearing life jackets.  There is not alot of protection on the perimeter of the boat the keep someone from slipping and going overboard.  Agree with someone upthread, kind of Katish.

• Love 1