Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hall Of Just Talk

Lisin

I think you posted that in a different thread, Mark. :)

Okay, biscotti in the oven and a neighbor girl coming over shortly to help me with cut-out cookies. No wonder I've put on nearly ten pounds since moving here....

This was the path I took up Katahdin when I climbed it in high school.  I may never have been an outstanding physical specimen, but I can genuinely say I made it to the top of that mountain!  (It was a field trip with my AP Biology class, and I found out later that the teacher would in the future use me as a motivator, as in "if Mark can make it up the mountain....")

• Love 1

Hey everyone, how are things?

As Caprice emailed me, even though I new it beforehand, Happy 12/13/14 everyone!

I think the next time the date will be sequential like that is 1/2/2103 a nice 89 years from now. We will have to have a party when it comes around again ;)

This was the path I took up Katahdin when I climbed it in high school.

Nuts, If I had known about that I would have given it a go while I was up there.

• Love 1

Happy Monday, everyone. Waffles in the steam tray. :)

As Caprice emailed me, even though I new it beforehand, Happy 12/13/14 everyone!

I think the next time the date will be sequential like that is 1/2/2103 a nice 89 years from now. We will have to have a party when it comes around again ;)

Speaking of 12/13/14, did anyone else see the story about the baby being born at 10:11, 12/13/14?

We had another company holiday party this past weekend. Apparently I need to find a new method for my stress reduction. Baking just isn't going to cut it any longer... and I still have cookies to make for tomorrow and bread for the trip.

• Love 1

We've had some warm days and even some rain (and more snow) since then, so it's been back and forth and a lot has gone, but (partially due to the piles where the snowblower threw the stuff) we've not gotten down to 100% clear since that day.

• Love 1

Hey everyone! how are things?

Today was about 65 but it chilled down to 55 so I grabbed a jacket. Though we are expecting either a cold front tonight or tomorrow night.

I love when I have started acquiring presents but before I have started wrapping them, that there is a huge pile of swag in front of my television...

I hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas and a safe holiday season.

Did someone from the state of Washington and currently residing in Minnesota just drop a y'all?

*shakes head sadly*

What's the world coming to?

Edited by Hanged Man

I haven't gotten around to seeing The Year Without a Santa yet, though.

I remember seeing that the movie was available on youtube, but it is not. If you try to find it, you are kicked to a site that requires registration.

btw they apparently did a live action version a while ago.

I don't care what they say, "economy comfort" is not very comfortable.

Did someone from the state of Washington and currently residing in Minnesota just drop a y'all?

*shakes head sadly*

What's the world coming to?

*is puzzled* you've seen me use it here before. "Small world" and all.

I swapped out my avatar for the holidays . . . it's the Miser Brothers as Captain Cold and Heat Wave.

Cool, seasonal avatar!

Greetings from France, Y'ALL!!

Yeah, my seasonal avatar is Portland Head Light, all done up for the holidays by the photographer.  We have this print hanging in our house so it's a little rough (me taking a photo of a glassed-in photo :).

I remember seeing that the movie was available on youtube, but it is not. If you try to find it, you are kicked to a site that requires registration.

btw they apparently did a live action version a while ago.

I saw that! I think Harvey Fierstein was in it.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

(And for the record, we here in Newfoundland tend to use "y'all" pretty often, too. Of course, we also use "b'y" at the end of every other sentence, tend to drop our H's and G's, and often mutter "lahrd t'underin' geez, b'y" whenever we get irritated, but dat's anudder t'ing entirely, b'y.) :)

• Love 2

What does that mean and how do you pronounce it? Buy? bee-ya? Bee-why-ya?

Well, according to people from Newfoundland that were on TV, it's kind of "by." But... there's almost something in the middle. You really have to hear it.

I'm bored. Wound up tweaking my blog. I replaced some links and added YouTube sites and lists, though I didn't overhaul everything.

What are you guys doing for NYE? I'm probably going to stay home and watch Anderson Cooper & Kathy Griffith ring in 2015.

I'm going to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's place, I'm looking forward to it.  I don't get the opportunity to go to many parties, so I do enjoy going to the occasional party.     The hostess makes good food, and I know all the people that will be there (it's not a very big party, maybe 12 people).  

• Love 1

ALenore, I know what you mean about looking forward to the occasional party. I'd be looking forward to this one if I'd been sleeping well since getting here last week, and if this wasn't an all-night thing. Seriously, if we are in bed by 7am tomorrow, I'll be lucky.

Hello everyone, happy New Years eve day... Yeah.

I am celebrating with friends tonight.

Happy New Years Eve Day to you! You, sir, have e-mail.
  • Love 1

caprice, I can sympathize with you, that doesn't sound like much fun.  I haven't done an all night party since I was in college.   When my husband and I used to visit his relatives in Texas for Christmas, we would go to  huge parties that could be somewhat overwhelming, but fortunately they usually ended before midnight. 

Edited by ALenore
  • Love 1

Every. Freaking. Year. Well, when we're here. I just get bored at some point and it doesn't help that I start to lose the train of conversation when there are ten separate conversations going on around me, and in another language.

Next year, some peace....

• Love 1

We miss you too! Or at least I do; I shouldn't speak for everyone else but I bet they'd say the same.

Right now in trying to convince myself to get up and start the snowblower. A fine prelude to having to go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off.

• Love 2

We miss you too! Or at least I do; I shouldn't speak for everyone else but I bet they'd say the same.

Right now in trying to convince myself to get up and start the snowblower. A fine prelude to having to go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off.

Oh, go ahead. You know you want to speak for everyone. ;) I hope things went well with the snowblower. I'm hoping I'm going home to just biting cold and a significant lack of actual snow. Even though my car is AWD, I've never had to use it and am not excited about having to go grocery shopping immediately upon my return.

The NYE party was fun.

Here's the list of activities for getting home. 1: turn the heat back on from the "vacation" setting. 2. Plug electronics back in. 3. Unpack. 4. Grocery shopping. 5. Make something light to eat. 6. Plunge myself into a long, hot bath.

• Love 1

It's been snowing off and on for a while. The temperature is also dipping, which makes walking around a pain.

I need a new hobby. I picked up another Doctor Who blind item figure, and -- for the second time in a row -- it was a figure I already had. Next time, I'll wait for a sale.

Coffee brewing!

It's been snowing off and on for a while. The temperature is also dipping, which makes walking around a pain.

I need a new hobby. I picked up another Doctor Who blind item figure, and -- for the second time in a row -- it was a figure I already had. Next time, I'll wait for a sale.

Maybe it's time to put a list of the figures you don't have on your phone. ;) 

It's been -30C up here for the last couple of days, with a wind chill of around -47. Even for here, that's cold!

That does it. I'm adding you to my weather app so that I feel better about the sub-freezing temperatures here. I'm somewhat thankful that my phone doesn't give me windchill, but... good grief.

Caprice . . . it's blind item. You don't know what figure you're getting until you open the box and rip it out of the little bag. That's part of the fun . . . you never know what you'll get. It's also a pain when you already have a figure.

I'd trade, but I don't know who else collects the figures. I know people who are into Doctor Who, so at least I can give the figures away if need be,

I'm not paying much attention to the NFL . . . I'm usually good for the Super Bowl, though.

I'm not a huge football fan, but I always watch the Superbowl. (Mostly for the commercials, I have to admit....)

I did get talked into entering a football pool this year, though. Outside of the Manning brothers and Reggie Bush, most of my team were scrubs, and I wound up finishing 5th out of 8. Gonna try to pay more attention to the stats next year.