Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hall Of Just Talk

Lisin

*sigh* I'm planning on hitting the bed around 10, so I can wake up at 4:30. Originally, I was getting up around 5:20 and getting the Grand Central after 8. Then my supervisor drops a change on my lap where I have to arrive at 7:18. I tried doing that today, but I missed my first train, and my supervisor had to improvise a schedule for me. If I'm in a bad mood tomorrow, I'm going to ask for a better time. I'm okay with coming in at 7:45. Anything earlier, and I'll feel like crap. Also, I wind up having to watch stuff on DVR so that I can record what I'm missing by going to bed early. On the bright side, I can get online via iPad a few times during the day, but it's been spotty on the ferry ride to and from the city. So annoying.

Sorry for the bitching. I want to make it to mid-September, but I can only get up so early in the morning. I wound up leaving around the time the newspaper guy dropped off his product.

That sucks Lantern, getting up that early cannot be fun. Other than having to get up really early how has work been?

Also I went to a Ranger game where Stan Lee threw out the first pitch and he was walked to the mound by Todd McFarlane and Frank Miller. I guess there was a comic book convenetiion in town

thanks for the dark and stormy caprice!

I called the contact guy from the temp agency yesterday. He doesn't "get" why I would have a problem with coming in early. He figures I could go to bed at 8:30 p.m., which . ..  no. He's going to talk with my supervisor. If nothing changes, I might just quit. I used to work a 7-3 job, but I didn't have to ride a train to get to the workplace. Am I being a dick about this?

Short answer? Yeah, kinda. You might even be creating problems with your contact at the agency. I'm not completely unsympathetic, @Lantern7. If I had a job with those hours, I'd probably complain a little too. Still, for me, a paycheck is a paycheck.

Wow, this place is vacant as hell.

I still got the job for two more weeks. I'll need to line something up after that. And I'm prepping for New York Comic Con, where I will be writing about. I am very nervous that I'll screw up. And I might be interviewing somebody who might be above my weight class. I'm not sworn to secrecy . . . I just want to be polite.

Sorry, I do keep up with this forum, but I should've acknowledged you sooner :)  .  Give us links to your NYCC posts when they're up!

Incidentally, September 25 was the 10th anniversary of the Heroes premiere.  Is anyone still watching here, and interested in a "Remembering Heroes" thread, strictly for reminiscences rather than full show discussion?

• Love 1

Hey, @Lantern7, did you make the trip up to Boston for the Mets series this weekend?  Because I went Saturday, and I think there were more Mets fans there than there probably are in all of Westchester.

Game story: There was a large contingent of Mets fans who had made the trip up to Boston, and for most of the game there were some dueling "Let's Go <xxx>!" chants (and from where I was sitting the Mets fans seemed to be winning the shouting competition).  But then we got to the middle of the 8th inning, and everyone in the park happily joined in for "Sweet Caroline..." and then, in the bottom of the inning we finally had our kumbaya moment when both the Sox and Mets fans joined together in chanting our common creed.... "Yankees Suck!"

It was a moment of treasured beauty.

• Love 1