Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hall Of Just Talk

Lisin

I hope everybody is having a happy holiday season. I got some shopping done today. I'm going to turn 40 next week. I'm bummed that there's been a lot of stuff I've yet to do.

Anybody else see the TAR finale? As somebody with thin skin, I don't know if I'd apply for the show if I found a partner. After seeing Justin get reamed, I don't know if I could take haters, even if they are justified.

Waffles and eggs Benedict in steam trays. There's a dish with strawberries and another with fresh whipped cream by the waffles and a dish with extra sauce for the eggs.

I love spending the holidays with my family.

I hope everybody had a good holiday. I had family come in from NJ. They got me an AMC Theater card, though I don't know if I live near any of those. And I got an iTunes card, and I never use that. My mother got me lots of birthday and Christmas stuff, including a FitBit I'm charging right now. It might replace my pedometer.

Good morning, everyone. Waffles in the steam tray, bacon, sausage, poached eggs in more trays nearby. A big ol' pot of coffee at the end of the table with everything you might want to go with it.

I'm guessing none of us won anything in the recent Powerball drawing. One of these days we really have to get our Rescue Spruce Mission going.

When I went on my cruise this past fall, I found out that the ship we were on had scheduled the short cruise we took because a large company had chartered it for the first part of the week, and they wanted to even the schedule back out for Saturday departures.

So, it's possible to charter a 5000+ passenger cruise ship if you want to plunk down 8 figures, which would make for one hell of a rescue mission.

However, it's moot since, as you say, none of us won the money.

• Love 1

Sorry that I haven't posted here lately. I had a lot to bitch about, and I didn't want to annoy too much. Also, I wound up deleting most of Heroes Reborn from the DVR. When it comes to ensemble hero shows, I think Legends of Tomorrow is a hotter draw . . . and they have a four-eyed old guy listed first in the credits as well!

Watching Super Bowl 50 highlights. What a messy game. And the commercials were mostly crap. Kinda funny that we got to see TJ Miller and Ryan Reynolds in separate commercials, but there wasn't a huge push for Deadpool, which I'm planning on seeing Friday.

There's some talk on the NFL thread about Eli not taking Peyton's win well. How funny would it be if Peyton retires and Eli winds up winning a third Super Bowl? I know, bit of a long shot, but that's what most people thought before his two wins.

I agree that Heroes Reborn is pretty uninspiring. I watched 5 or 6 episodes and couldn't get into it. I had friends point me at Jessica Jones which is pretty dark but I really liked it.

Super Bowl was ugly, lots of stupid penalties and most of the commercials were meh. For some reason the puppymonkeybaby commercial attracted a lot of attention, I guess because of how bizarre it was.

In my uber-biased do not trust opinion, Eli having more rings than Peyton irritated me. I feel like Peyton is top 5 QBs all time and I am not sure that Eli is in top 30, notwithstanding his two rings. I think that the only way Eli gets another ring is just so the Giants can foil the Patriots again.

Well, my cookie baking buddy's family seems to have forgotten she was supposed to come over and help me bake Valentine cookies. I can save the dough for a while but may have to do them on my own. Oh well.

Hey there, Lantern! Nice to see you again. :)

There's some talk on the NFL thread about Eli not taking Peyton's win well.

That was funny, listening to people saying that Eli was upset Peyton was winning. I figured there were still two minutes left and Eli just has resting bitch face, or that he was focusing on what his brother might be thinking.

In my uber-biased do not trust opinion, Eli having more rings than Peyton irritated me. I feel like Peyton is top 5 QBs all time and I am not sure that Eli is in top 30, notwithstanding his two rings. I think that the only way Eli gets another ring is just so the Giants can foil the Patriots again.

That's not going to happen!  :)

What do you mean, Mark?

The Giants will not foil the Patriots again, not for a very. long. time.  They managed to break that jinx this season (before this year, the last time they had beaten the Giants was the finale of the 16-0 season; they had lost two Super Bowls and one regular game to them since then).

• Love 1

Well I initially visited this forum because I have most of the episodes of Heroes Reborn on my DVR, and wanted to know if it's worth binge watching and catching up? Judging by the last couple of posts, I'm guessing not. Bummer. 

I enjoyed a lot of it, but I'll also admit that there were a few plot points that grated.

I enjoyed a lot of it, but I'll also admit that there were a few plot points that grated.

I enjoyed it, as I did all of the original series. I would watch it through, but I'm someone who always wants to find out how the story ends, and I'm not one to worry much about the details.

• Love 1
I've been blogging more often. I'm going to try and keep it up for the month of April, as I take part in the A-to-Z Challenge.

You have an impressive array of sketches, I can't believe you have an artist for every letter though.

Good morning. In the steam tray this morning, we have Lobster Thermidor aux crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provençale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle paté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Happy Birthday, Mark!

• Love 1

Good news: I got a job. Bad news: It's middling busywork with a lot of walking, and I have to check it around 8 a.m., meaning I get up before 5:30. Also, I have to devour from the DVR in order to record more stuff, and I'm only guaranteed two windows to get online on my iPad because I'm not a WiFi subscriber.

ETA: I changed avatars. This is J'onn J'onzz from the late Darwyn Cooke, the only sketch I ever got from him. I'll switch back to the Tenth Doctor eventually.

• Love 2