Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hall Of Just Talk

Lisin

Did someone steal your kidneys?

*checks for mysterious scars*

No, still have them both. It's just freaking hot here.

Okay, maybe not so much compared to where you are, but for me.... Plus, my a/c is busted.

Wow . . . it's been a while since I've been on this thread. Hope y'all didn't miss me too much.

I'm coming off a "write-in" at the library. Wound up writing 5.5 pages about being a Mets fan. I intend to post it online in the next few days, thought I should mention owning a black belt in procrastination.

So I had an interesting (well...) hit on my Monster account. Of course, the job described is one that I am certainly not a fit for, but the agency has two other positions that I would be good at. The interesting part is that they're both data entry. I've received the online testing link and had to call the agency to say that I can't take the test since my laptop isn't set up with a number pad....

Hope the rest of y'all are doing well. :)

• Love 1

I don't use my phone to go online. I won an iPad a few years ago, but I never use it. I'll have to wait until I get home to go online. Also, I'll be giving my DVR a workout to keep up with stuff I'll be missing while sleeping. Saturday, I'll have to record most of the Toonami lineup (two-and-a-half hours) and SNL (Amy Schumer!)

Good morning. Waffles in the steam tray!

This is going to be a crazy week. I've still got my pt job but have appointments two mornings. Since they were scheduled before I got the job, I'm chopping my mornings in half most inconveniently.

It's been a while. I'm in Long Island for a Doctor Who con. I got three autographs and a sketch so far.

Caprice . . . are you into DW? In program, there's an ad for a con in July located in the Twin Cities. Obviously, I thought of you.

• Love 1

Thanks, Lantern, I am a Who fan. I've actually even got a con connection here, so I'll check my calendar to see what's what.

Also, so everyone knows, the French side of the caprice household is safe.

Hello everyone, how is everyone doing?

I had a good Thanksgiving. I cooked the Turkey and it took forever It was on for 8 hours and 15 minutes. I was starting to get stressed about it.

How big was that bird?? We had roast beef and it was marvelous.

I'm thinking of setting a trap next year for one of the wild turkeys who like to wander through my backyard.

Hello everyone, how is everyone doing?

I had a good Thanksgiving. I cooked the Turkey and it took forever It was on for 8 hours and 15 minutes. I was starting to get stressed about it.

I am doing good and my Thanksgiving was great. As with cooking turkey, well I usually end up going to my parents for the holidays so I never have to worry about cooking something like a whole turkey. Although, I think that the average turkey takes about 3-4 hours (is that correct)? So, did you have a bad stove?

Hi everyone,

My Thanksgiving went very well (we won't discuss what happened Sunday night...)  HM, I too am interested in how it took 8 hours to cook the turkey; the last time I heard of a turkey taking that long was on the Thanksgiving episode of Cheers.

How big was that bird?? We had roast beef and it was marvelous.

I'm thinking of setting a trap next year for one of the wild turkeys who like to wander through my backyard.

You can do that without a license?  In Maine they're considered game birds and protected accordingly (i.e., hunting license, etc.).  Having them flush and come flying across in front of you when you're accelerating away from a tollbooth is a damn scary experience.

Welcome @TVSpectator!

Good morning everyone! Waffles and bacon in the steam tray.

Hi everyone,

My Thanksgiving went very well (we won't discuss what happened Sunday night...)  HM, I too am interested in how it took 8 hours to cook the turkey; the last time I heard of a turkey taking that long was on the Thanksgiving episode of Cheers.

You can do that without a license?  In Maine they're considered game birds and protected accordingly (i.e., hunting license, etc.).  Having them flush and come flying across in front of you when you're accelerating away from a tollbooth is a damn scary experience.

Welcome @TVSpectator!

What happened Sunday night, Mark? I'm with you though, eight hours for HM's turkey seems excessive.

Oh, and I have no idea about the turkeys here. It's probably the same as there and needing a license, but when they come wandering across my property.... ;)

And yes, welcome TVSpectator. :)

Bird was 16 pounds. Last year was the first time I cooked the Thanksgiving turkey so I started really early to make sure I had time, well the turkey was done around 2 and we don't eat Thanksgiving dinner until 7:30 so I stressed about keeping it warn for dinner. I cook on a Big Green Egg which is spectacular but since it isn't electric there is a little randomness about cooking on it. So this year I started at 10:30  and instead of a pizza stone to keep the direct heat off the bird I used a pizza stone wrapped in tin foil to help slow down the cooking process. Unfortunately it slowed it down so much I couldn't get the whole bird over 165F before I had to leave to get to my sisters house. So we finished it off with 30 minutes in the oven, just to make sure. It was delicious though.

What happened Sunday night, Mark?

Patriots lost their chance to shut some really really old Dolphins up.

It's probably the same as there and needing a license, but when they come wandering across my property.... ;)

Strangely Game and Fish doesn't see it that way. Though apparently Minnesota has Department of Natural Resources

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

Patriots lost their chance to shut some really really old Dolphins up.

Strangely Game and Fish doesn't see it that way. Though apparently Minnesota has Department of Natural Resources

Precisely, regarding the Patriots.

And in our case, Maine has the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, whose law enforcement division is featured on North Woods Law.

• Love 1

Precisely, regarding the Patriots.

I must confess, I was teasing you.

The Steelers and Seahawks game was amazing to watch yesterday. 

Sadly, I was fighting with my stupid washing machine and missed much of the fourth quarter. What I saw was frustrating, then wonderful. :D

I must confess, I was teasing you.

Sadly, I was fighting with my stupid washing machine and missed much of the fourth quarter. What I saw was frustrating, then wonderful. :D

Yeah, the score went back and forth throughout the game. 

• Love 1

I like you already, TVSpectator, even if we cheer for opposing teams. :) Just wait until we get back to baseball so HM and I can resume our divisional rivalry. Speaking of, I could use a good massage, sugar.

As far as more wins this season, I might be a solid fan, I just don't see my 'hawks making it a three-peat.

• Love 1

I like you already, TVSpectator, even if we cheer for opposing teams. :) Just wait until we get back to baseball so HM and I can resume our divisional rivalry. Speaking of, I could use a good massage, sugar.

As far as more wins this season, I might be a solid fan, I just don't see my 'hawks making it a three-peat.

Pittsburgh is still considered to be alive for the playoffs but with the loss yesterday their chances has drop. Although, I would cheer for any team who could beat NE anytime (and keep them from getting another Superbowl ring). 

• Love 1

I'm rather amazed to see that Seattle still has a shot at the playoffs, although we've got some big games ahead. In fact, there was a remote chance that I'd get to see them against the Vikes, but I'm not holding my breath. I might hit my favorite pub for it.

Good morning, everyone! Waffles, bacon and scrambled eggs in the steam tray.

So, I didn't go to the pub for yesterday's game. Given the final score, and the fact that I'd have been wearing enemy colors, it's probably for the best. :D