Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hall Of Just Talk

Lisin

I had a bit of a health scare this morning.

Last evening, I woke up with a pain in my chest. My pulse was still strong, and my arms weren't numb or tingly, so I took it as a muscle cramp and went on to work. It even seemed to be getting better after a while, but after a few hours, it came back with a vengeance. I suffered through it during my shift at work, but I stopped off at the emergency room on the way home to get it checked.

(BTW, if you want to be seen in the emergency room immediately, complain about chest pains. I swear, I was in a bed surrounded by nurses and wired up to an EKG in less than a minute.)

Well, after running every test they could find (EKG, blood work, X-rays, the whole shebang), they found... nothing. It's not my heart, it's not a broken rib, it's not an embolism, it's nothing they could find. It's likely a pulled muscle, or maybe gas. The doctor suggested I take some ibuprofen, but prescribed some industrial-strength Pepto-Bismol just to be safe.

After a day's rest, the pain is down to a minor discomfort if I breathe too deeply. Didn't even need the ibuprofen.

You know it. :)

Really glad to hear you're feeling better.

You'd better believe I'm missing universal health care right about now. I'm looking at some pretty big annual medical expenses from now on. *sigh*

Yesterday was actually warm...ish.  Today it's back in the teens.

if you just look at the numbers, tomorrow should be pretty warm here. Too bad there is that "gusting winds" icon next to them on my phone's weather app....

We got sleet, DFW has shut down.

I get the idea it doesn't take much to shut down DFW. Then again, my hometown panics after an inch of snow.

What happens if DFW and O'Hare shut down simultaneously?  The entire country has to go through Kansas City?

Now I have that song in my head. :D

I don't know if it made the national news or not, but this happened yesterday (and the "20" in the URL?  That was a much earlier version).  My sister lives up there, but AFAIK she wasn't anywhere in the crash.  I went up there to visit her once in January; it was a nice sunny day, much like yesterday, and the snow was melting onto the highway... and freezing in the shadows of the trees.  We saw semi's off the road.... I'm sure it's what happened yesterday.

Waffles in the steam tray.

So, Lays is going on with "create a flavor?" Some of the things people have come up with in the past have been enough to put me off their chips.

(edited)

Hey everyone how are things?

We got 3-4 inches of snow Wednesday night so the snowman population here skyrocketed. Since we only get enough to make  snowmen every 2-3 years, we go a little crazy when it happens.

BTW, I'm just gonna leave this here....

*Sigh* now I need to find out who that guy at the end is.

Edited by Hanged Man

We got 3-4 inches of snow Wednesday night so the snowman population here skyrocketed. Since we only get enough to make  snowmen every 2-3 years, we go a little crazy when it happens.

How many snowmen did you make?

We seem to be having an early spring, which makes me nervous what the end of the month and early April are going to look like. This week looks like we're going to have gorgeous temperatures in the mid-50s up to the low 60s, and sunny days. Seriously, neighborhood children were running around in shorts today.

Hey everyone, how are things?
I have been crazy busy the last few weeks

How many snowmen did you make?

None, never learned how. I don't remember ever getting enough snow when I was a kid to learn how to make a snowman. As far as we got was maybe a 6 inch tall mound.

Oh, I turned in a job application today....

Good Luck

None, never learned how. I don't remember ever getting enough snow when I was a kid to learn how to make a snowman. As far as we got was maybe a 6 inch tall mound.

Good Luck

Oh, your poor, deprived childhood. Maybe next winter you should travel north and one of your many friends in snowy places can show you a new type of fun. Plus, hot chocolate tastes so much better after building a snowman. :)

Thank you. I'm hoping for a phone call.

• Love 1
My home town, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, is one of the ten finalists for Kraft Hockeyville this year. :)

Neat, I love how when you go to vote, you have to check a box saying you are not a robot. And after you vote it asks if you want to vote again. And after you vote again it asks you to confirm again that you are not a robot . And then asks if you want to vote again.

• Love 1

Neat, I love how when you go to vote, you have to check a box saying you are not a robot. And after you vote it asks if you want to vote again. And after you vote again it asks you to confirm again that you are not a robot . And then asks if you want to vote again.

Unfortunately, I think our votes will end up hurting HV-GB. I checked the rules and voters are supposed to be legal residents of Canada. So, unless you did that magic you do with your server.... ;)

Spruce, I'd put the link up in the game. There's lots of Canadians there.

So the interview went really well. There were lots of people being interviewed, meaning I won't hear anything back for a while. The only drawback is that I'd be expected to work either Saturday or Sunday every week.

This might end up serving as a reminder that, while I'm very good at customer service, I don't want to work weekends. I need to find an office job.

• Love 2

Good morning. Waffles in the steam tray!

I had a migraine over the weekend and am now feeling the residual tension in my shoulders. Such fun....

In good news, I took myself to the pub last Thursday and kicked ass at the weekly trivia contest!

I started a new job today. Bad news: I had to be there at 8 a.m., and I think I'll be expected to show up then, which means waking up before 5:30. Also, it took several calls for me to get somebody to retrieve me, because the address provided by the temp agency was a loading dock. I got cut loose at 3, though, so that was good. Also good: my late night schedule from Comedy Central is in repeats this week, which means less stress on my DVR (though I'll have to record the Roast of Justin Bieber tonight). The job itself isn't too hard, though I do tend to be a little messy about it. It's supposed to be an eight-month assignment, so fingers crossed that I can last that long.

• Love 1

That's great news, Lantern! I hope you'll be able to last the assignment. :)

I really hope you feel better, caprice; has there been any word on the job?  Congrats on the trivia!

Stupid migraines seem to be coming on every ten days or so. If that's going to be the case, maybe predictability will work in my favor. No word yet on the job, Mark, but I don't really expect to hear until after Easter.

Trivia night at the pub is so much fun. I walked in and found a seat at the bar, ordered a drink and something to nibble on, then the guy sitting next to me told me that he was really good at trivia and he'd help me if I needed it. To be fair, he did help with a couple answers. :)

*sigh* Today is the trying niece's birthday. I need to pull up some really old pictures of her and add them to my 'memories' album on Facebook. After all, it is Throwback Thursday....

LOL!! "Hedgehog head?" That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, Mark!

• Love 1

Nearing the end of my first week. It's a little tedious, but I've managed to keep interested. I've run into all sorts of interesting documents. Going to bed around 10:30 p.m. is weird, but I've gotten used to it.

So big announcement:  I am officially moving to England on Saturday!  It's so weird, I honestly wasn't expecting things to go this smoothly, but Keith's visit here went really well, and my whole family is moving to Florida so the timing couldn't be better!  I leave Des Moines at 5:48 am on Saturday and eventually land in London at 5:55 am on Sunday, I am so excited!  Will be spending a couple of days in London with Keith before heading to Exeter, if anyone wants to give me their email addresses/Skype info, PM me.

• Love 2

Congratulations WD! I hope you still manage to find some time to post here occasionally

Going to bed around 10:30 p.m. is weird, but I've gotten used to it.

Yeah it is hard to get back into a normal routine once you are out of it for a while

So big announcement:  I am officially moving to England on Saturday!  It's so weird, I honestly wasn't expecting things to go this smoothly, but Keith's visit here went really well, and my whole family is moving to Florida so the timing couldn't be better!  I leave Des Moines at 5:48 am on Saturday and eventually land in London at 5:55 am on Sunday, I am so excited!  Will be spending a couple of days in London with Keith before heading to Exeter, if anyone wants to give me their email addresses/Skype info, PM me.

Welcome to GMT!! I've been to Exeter once on a flying business trip so didn't see much, but Devonshire is lovely, congrats!