Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

DC has announced the name of their new streaming service.  It will be DC Universe, and will premiere with 4 exclusive new titles: Titans, Young Justice Outsiders, Harley Quinn, and the newly-announced Swamp Thing, directed by James Wan.

Also: we have a logo!

titans@2x_5ae93d7a6ce8b7.41360134.thumb.jpg.fda12216f16fbf03239921913de8003c.jpg

• Love 2

I've heard of shows that have been granted full-season pick-ups,

and even a few shows that have been renewed for a second season before one second of the show "actually" debuts.

This is the first time (to my knowledge) that a show is granted a spin-off before it even debuts.

Before long, we will have a show that is "so adored" by the "network",

it will be granted six seasons, a two-hour finale movie shown in theaters, and two spin-offs

before one second of the show "actually" debuts.

I remember when the show Angie was universally adored and star Donna Pescow (now occasionally seen as the therapist on The Flash) was America's Newest Sweetheart... all in ads in TV Guide that hit stands before the series premiere had even aired.

This is a new synopsis, right?

Titans follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.

(Can't wait until Hollywood gets past the "a gritty take on..." phase of adaptations)

And still no firm release date.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, madhacker said:

first full pictures of Robin:

DgyaBQYWAAAEOoE.jpg

DgyaBRcW4AA5YRK.jpg

DgyYB_QWkAQsSTP.jpg large.jpg

First off - 'booo' to these photos being so dark (and Photoshopped).

Secondly; I'm not feelin' the costume. It doesn't scream "Robin" to me. Yeah, it's got the right colors, and the 'R' symbol, but it also seems too heavy/bulky, and I don't think it works with the cape. Good job with the domino mask, though.

I assume he's going to have a second 'Nightwing' costume at some point?

I know we are supposed to get A LOT of guest stars this season but if this show lives past a 1st season, really hoping we get a Wonder character up in there full time. Donna/Cassie deserve their time to shine! And maybe a Speedster or archer or Aqua_____. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I know we are supposed to get A LOT of guest stars this season but if this show lives past a 1st season, really hoping we get a Wonder character up in there full time. Donna/Cassie deserve their time to shine! And maybe a Speedster or archer or Aqua_____. 

Spoiler

We know we're getting Donna.

Fuck Batman! You tell him, Dick! Fuck yeah!

::rolls eyes into the sun::

That is a laughably bad trailer. It's an edgy 14 year old boy from 1992's dream. How does this look cheaper than any CW show? I've seen better fanmade trailer using clips from random shows and movies.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/19/2018 at 9:24 AM, MarkHB said:

(no nudity, sorry).

Well, they're aiming for an "R rating" apparently, so stay tuned for that Robin/Starfire sex scene....

Edited by Trini
dropped word

Wow looks Starfire bad like really bad

Yeah they say the Oufit its only for the first episode but if you got a better look off her why didnt they show it ,it would Spoil nothing.

Every shot from here in the Trailer looks teribble and nothing like the Character anythere in the  Comics and she looks older as the Actress is in RL thats realy quit good  FX work .......

11 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

It would help if they at least gave us an image that doesn't look exactly like the one second we saw of her in the trailer.

Meanwhile we're, what, six weeks from the premiere? And they're giving us basic promo pics that show us nothing new. Didn't this show begin filming months ago? Some episodes stills or a new trailer would've been nice. They're launching a brand new streaming service and this will be their first original live series, so I keep expecting more effort.

For me, I'm still waiting for a reason to start a subscription immediately rather than wait until all 12 eps are released so I can bingewatch.

They need to ditch that hideous fur coat, but otherwise, I think Starfire looks fine. I'm glad we got a better look at Beast Boy. So he's going to have green skin with CGI?

More details about Titans at NYCC:

7:30 p.m. Titans World Premiere Screening and Q&A –– Warner Bros. Television’s highly anticipated, live-action dramatic adventure series Titans will be the first original series to launch on the upcoming DC UNIVERSE, the first-of-its-kind digital subscription service that gives fans access to exclusive content and experiences not available anywhere else. But before its October 12 debut on the DC UNIVERSE service, Titans will serve as the kickoff event for New York Comic Con 2018, with an exclusive world premiere screening on Wednesday night followed by a Q&A session with series stars and executive producers.

NYCC fans will be among the first to see the new series, as Robin and friends take over the Big Apple for this world premiere event. After the screening, series stars Brenton Thwaites (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales), Teagan Croft (The Osiris Child), Anna Diop (24: Legacy), Ryan Potter (Big Hero 6: The Series), Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights) and Alan Ritchson (Blood Drive) will join executive producers for an on-stage Q&A....

Hammerstein Ballroom

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/09/04/new-york-comic-con-hosts-the-titans-premiere

• Love 1

I wasn't sure if this would be available online when they announced it, but the first DC Daily episode is up on DC's youtube channel. They have a 20-second clip of the two Robins (it's near the beginning). Most of the rest of it is selling DC Universe and other DC stuff; but there's also a short interview with Kevin Conroy for Batman Day.

13 hours ago, Trini said:

I'm really curious what Starfire's story/backstory is in this.

And for the record, I have no problem with Starfire's outfit or hair, but that Wookie coat needs to burn.

Agreed.  When I first saw it in the BTS pics I thought it was something she was wearing off-camera to keep warm in Toronto.

• Love 1