Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Some real meat to chew on rumorwise, already:  http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/report-the-titans-tv-series-line-up-revealed

Robin/Dick Grayson - they aren't going to be Dicking around (pun intended) with some version of the Titans that strips the Bat-fluence out of things, because Dick is front and center and named Robin to start (although curiously enough the spoilers mention Nightwing too--making it seem like the story of his transition will be part of Titans).  How this all will jibe with the Arrowverse/Flashverse, IF there's some kind of co-continuity (unknown) would be interesting.  There's no ownership linkage like CW and CBS have (which is why Supergirl will likely be in the Arrowverse), and there's no producer linkage (Berlanti), HOWEVER TNT is ultimately owned by Time-Warner.  Meaning it's on the other side of a structure where a co-branded universe could exist connected back to the Arrowverse shows.

Oracle/Barbara Gordon - supposedly not NAMED Oracle, but it's Barbara, in a wheelchair, portrayed a Hacker.  This is an interesting way to go with DC undoing the wheelchair in the comics.

Hawk and Dove - the version where they're a romantic pair, not siblings.  

Raven/Rachel Roth - odd to use the Geoff Johns version of the character, but supposedly that's what's happening.

Starfire - no word on how big her tits will be, or how often she'll get naked.  Let's just say this is a character they could either get really wrong... or really right.

It's Akiva Goldsman though... so clearly there's some worry.  A guy who's written some excellent movies... and... the worst mainstream Superhero movie of all time (Batman & Robin).

Edited by Kromm

Starfire - no word on how big her tits will be, or how often she'll get naked.  Let's just say this is a character they could either get really wrong... or really right.

Myself, I'm less concerned about her boob size than I am about her personality. So long as they stay far, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the Nu52 version, I'm happy.
Is there anyway possible you can get more info from any sources you have, or from [TNT president] Kevin Reilly himself, on the subject of Titans? –Jeff

Seeing how many got into a tizzy and feared the worst when TNT announced its fall/winter slate – and given that there has been no movement on the casting/production front – I asked around and have been assured that the DC Comics-based series is still in development.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 25 2015, 7:39 AM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/09/25/once-upon-a-time-mulan-ruby-spoilers/

Edited by tv echo

Matt at TV Line had some news:

Is there any chance another network will pick up Titans, now that TNT has abandoned it? –Greg

Interestingly, when we chatted up DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns at TCA — just days after TNT let slip the bad news — he shared, “We [at DC] have known about [Turner nixing Titans] for months and months and months. That’s not new news to us.” The silver lining: Regardless of the basic cabler’s decision, “We have plans for Titans,” Johns asserted. “It’s a huge piece of DC and we have plans.”

Casting call:

“[John Crossland]: Male, late 20s-early 30s, Caucasian. Equal parts charm and impenetrability, John is a cop. He has a nice smile, tired eyes and a cool, distant manner. However, when provoked, his eyes are so lethal “they drain a man of every last bit of spleen.” John is haunted by the murder of his family. Unbeknownst to those around him, he is also a vigilante. In the shadows, he fights with the commitment and conviction of an artist, the brutal grace of a dancer. Mentally and physically, he is covered in a map of scars. And though he fights to escape his past, it is often a losing battle…SERIES LEAD

[SARAH]: Female, Mid teens, Open Ethnicity. Troubled, bullied, often scared but unwilling to show it, Sarah is a loner more comfortable hiding in her hoodie than making friends. Haunted by a dark force inside her, Sarah experiences violent episodes that she cannot understand or control. She is also plagued by recurring nightmares that lead her across the country in search of help…SERIES REGULAR

[Casey]: Female, 20s, Open ethnicity. Casey is a tall, stunning woman, her beauty so magnificent it’s almost inhuman. Elegant, refined and mysterious, she is on the hunt to discover who is trying to kill her and why. And those after her are in for a surprise because she’s more deadly than anyone they’ve ever encountered…SERIES REGULAR

[JAX]: Male, Mid-late teens, Open Ethnicity, Asian preferred. Funny and charming, this amateur thief’s humor hides his insecurities and past pain. Not the toughest kid on the streets, he’s learned to survive in the world with his wit and quick-thinking…SERIES REGULAR”

Are they going with characters straight from the comics, or just similar analogues? 'Cause from what I'm seeing here....

“[John Crossland]: Male, late 20s-early 30s, Caucasian. Equal parts charm and impenetrability, John is a cop. He has a nice smile, tired eyes and a cool, distant manner. However, when provoked, his eyes are so lethal “they drain a man of every last bit of spleen.” John is haunted by the murder of his family. Unbeknownst to those around him, he is also a vigilante. In the shadows, he fights with the commitment and conviction of an artist, the brutal grace of a dancer. Mentally and physically, he is covered in a map of scars. And though he fights to escape his past, it is often a losing battle…SERIES LEAD

...is obviously their take on Nightwing....

[SARAH]: Female, Mid teens, Open Ethnicity. Troubled, bullied, often scared but unwilling to show it, Sarah is a loner more comfortable hiding in her hoodie than making friends. Haunted by a dark force inside her, Sarah experiences violent episodes that she cannot understand or control. She is also plagued by recurring nightmares that lead her across the country in search of help…SERIES REGULAR

....sounds a lot like Raven....

8 hours ago, MarkHB said:

[Casey]: Female, 20s, Open ethnicity. Casey is a tall, stunning woman, her beauty so magnificent it’s almost inhuman. Elegant, refined and mysterious, she is on the hunt to discover who is trying to kill her and why. And those after her are in for a surprise because she’s more deadly than anyone they’ve ever encountered…SERIES REGULAR

....could be either Donna Troy or Starfire, depending on what "she's more deadly than anyone they've ever encountered" is referring to (whether it's Amazon training or alien powers), and...

8 hours ago, MarkHB said:

[JAX]: Male, Mid-late teens, Open Ethnicity, Asian preferred. Funny and charming, this amateur thief’s humor hides his insecurities and past pain. Not the toughest kid on the streets, he’s learned to survive in the world with his wit and quick-thinking…SERIES REGULAR”

.... is most likely Beast Boy.

They're the comics characters (I'm pretty sure that's Starfire since she's more familiar to the GA due to TTG, plus her inhuman beauty); they're just using fake names in the casting call.

• Love 1

Correction to the above: all TPTB are saying is that Brenton is playing Dick Grayson; no word on the identity or costume.  They may even start him as Robin and then have him make the transition to Nightwing.

Also, Alan Ritchson as Hawk, Minka Kelly as Dove!  Still waiting for Beast Boy.  In this version, Hank "Hawk" Hall and Dawn "Dove" Granger are crime-fighting partners and a romantic couple; the pre-Crisis originals were brothers, Hank and Don Hall.  Rumors are that they might get a spinoff if they're well-received.

10 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Also, Alan Ritchson as Hawk, Minka Kelly as Dove!  Still waiting for Beast Boy.  In this version, Hank "Hawk" Hall and Dawn "Dove" Granger are crime-fighting partners and a romantic couple; the pre-Crisis originals were brothers, Hank and Don Hall.  Rumors are that they might get a spinoff if they're well-received.

Good to hear. I've always been a fan of H&D, both Dawn and Don. (Definitely preferred the Dawn Granger version, though.) Looking forward to seeing 'em on-screen.

• Love 1

We've got a director, a Starfire, a Raven, a Robin Nightwing Dick Grayson, and now... we've got a Beast Boy!  Ryan Potter of Big Hero 6 will be playing Gar Logan.

As a child, Potter’s Garfield “Gar” Logan contracted the lethal disease, Sakutia, while on an African expedition with his geneticist parents. Treated with an experimental drug, Gar survived but not without developing some bizarre side effects.  Along with skin and hair turning permanently green, the wisecracking, fun-loving Beast Boy is able to reshape himself into any animal of any size he can imagine.

I can say that I've "heard something," and that personality-wise this version of Beast Boy will be very recognizable to anyone familiar with any of his popular incarnations.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

That's really Beast Boy's backstory? I thought he was an alien. But I've never really known anything about him, though (never really watched anything with him in it).

That's pretty much what Wikipedia says.  I didn't read New Teen Titans back in the day, and until just now I didn't realize that he went back to the original 1965 Doom Patrol, when I was definitely NOT reading comics because that even predates my avatar photo.

And here he is!  Dwain Murphy, of Star Trek Discovery, will play Larry Trainor, aka Negative Man.

A pilot in the Air Force, Larry Trainor crashed his plane and was exposed to a mysterious “negative” energy. Wrapped in bandages to protect those around him, Larry struggles with this new strange power.

Here's a rumored list of episode titles... Number 7 will shock you!

#1.1 “Titans” (Pilot)
#1.2 “Hawk and Dove”
#1.3 “Starfire”
#1.4 “Rachel”
#1.5 “The Doom Patrol”
#1.6 “The Messenger”
#1.7 “Jason Todd”

I have no idea who The Messenger is (although I've seen something somewhere that makes me think they could be bringing in The Phantom Stranger).

On 3/12/2018 at 7:51 PM, The Crazed Spruce said:

Lilith, maybe?

Doubtful, as this article (with pics of actual call sheets they grabbed) lists Reed Birney the actor... as well as him doing something particularly dramatic.  It also lists, shall we say, quite the locations.

Also interesting is that, apparently, they list the drop-dead "minor is done for the day" time as "Pumpkin."

So it seems.  I've heard some rumors that they're going to be recoloring the cast in post to e.g. make Logan green, but I don't know what the plan is for Starfire.

It's weird... the Robin and Hawk & Dove suits looked terrific.  I don't care if Kori is orange in the end result, I just want her to look good.  And that unfortunate shot of her, in that wig and faux fur coat, standing on a bleah concrete sidewalk... is not a good look.

• Love 1

These pics were between scenes, with the actors wearing heavy coats to stay warm. And I'm betting Starfire and Beast Boy will have their looks tweaked in post, especially the skin tone.  I'm waiting 'til I see an actual production shot of how they'll actually look on-screen before I pass judgement.

• Love 1